The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Fall of Savior Station  (Read 8566 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: The Fall of Savior Station
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2017, 07:17:30 AM »
Ray crawled a little faster after the creature shrieked, and quickly found his exit. After kicking the vent open, he turned around and forced the pipe into the vent, wedging the grate closed. "Whew...screw vents man." He checked the vent briefly, before turning back to the hall. He held the shotgun awkwardly, having never actually used a firearm. "Making my way to the elevator now."

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Alien God
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
  • Height: 7'0
  • Weight: 400 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular, wide and bulky frame with large shoulders.
  • Currently: Loading, please wait.............
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2017, 09:31:16 PM »
(Hey guys, due to the fact that the virus is constantly mutating and regenerating lost biomass, it's actually impossible to kill them unless your completely destroying them or burning them to death, however they have a weak spot, the reason why Karlo was getting attacked the most is because the virus is smart, they try to take out the biggest threat first, and the virus is attempting to create is own biomass and will eventually mutate it to cover the entire ship, infecting and killing everybody with it. But heres the thing, if you do so as little as touch the aliens, the virus could spread to you and you could turn into them in a matter of hours, so it's highly contagious, Ray had a suit on so he doesn't count, but anyway their weakness is sight, anything that looks very bright or important they will aim for it first, and yes, the virus works as a hive mind, but we will see the leader near the end of the RP.

This is just to show you how much of a threat this virus is.)
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: lean build; athletic tone
  • Currently: A fluffy ball of anxiety
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2017, 02:59:32 AM »
(Good information to know  ^_^ )

"Copy that," replied Melanthios over the comm. "Standing by."
  • Avatar by: Jenny Lloyd ©Compassionate Dorset
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
You don't know what that means...
Because a KITCHEN SINK to you
Is not a KITCHEN SINK to me
Okay, friend?

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2017, 03:26:08 AM »
After Karlo shouldered down the metal door, he hooked his minigun on his back, and ran forward.

"Charles, how much longer till the elevator to engineering?"

"The door to engineering is just ahead, the elevator to engineering is located in that room, make a left at the end of the hallway."

"Thanks Charles." Said Karlo.

Karlo banged on the door repeatedly with his fists, the door randomly opened by itself, and he walked in.

Karlo could see a jackal in front of him managing the control panels, Karlo looked at Melanthios.

"Hey, I'm here, it's Karlo, maybe we could talk in person about what's going on."

Karlo stood nearly a foot taller than Melanthios, but then again karlo was bigger than everyone.

Karlo's helmet plates shifted into his torso armor, revealing his face.

"Whenever your ready." Karlo said, crossing his arms.

Post Merge: April 06, 2017, 03:32:39 AM
While Karlo was waiting for Ray to get to his location, he entered his comms channel.

"Ray, it's Karlo, I'm here with Melanthios, try to hurry up so we can rendezvous."

Karlo looked around, everything was locked and boarded up, Karlo could see a body in the corner, it seemed to be moving, it was infected, and it was going to turn soon, probably in 10-15 minutes.

Karlo walked over and stomped the corpse some more to delay the process.

Charles, scan the infected tissue for any information or weaknesses.

"Tissue scanned, database information has been stored in your helmets memory file, you can access the information at any time I'd needed."

"Thank you Charles."

"Anytime Karlo, let me know if you need assistance." The AI spoke. It seemed to be very helpful, Karlo didn't even know the AI could scan things, very helpful indeed.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:32:39 AM by Darwin Hyderman, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2017, 05:44:13 AM »
The jackal smiled widely as he turned towards the panda.

"Patience, my friend. Have a seat. Let's wait until Ray gets here. I don't want to have to explain myself twice," he gestured to one of the large padded chairs behind him. "It's nice to see another creature that's not infected."

"Ray," Melanthios whispered over Ray's local private channel, "Change of plan. Something's come up. Once you get down to Engineering, do not leave the elevator. When I give you the 'all-clear,' you need to take it up to Operations. From there, leave the elevator, and make a left. Follow that corridor, and take the third right, second left, and first right again. There will be a keypad on the door in front of you. The code is 5527. I'm sending you the info now. Please hurry. Time is critical."

(( DATA UPLOADING . . . ))
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2017, 08:28:51 AM »
Ray nodded. "Alright. I'm headed that way." He checked his shotgun again, and started towards his target.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2017, 01:15:36 PM »
Angel walked into the cafeteria B2, opening the door and seeing it in shambles, devoid of really anything... seemingly it looked like the aliens were converging on the other disturbances in the station, so in this case, Angel simply looked around the cafeteria, making it into the back of the kitchen there as her stomach grumbled, then another while later, Angel came out with a roll of sausages and started to walk down the corridor to where Ray was, her steps seemingly void of sound as if she were a ghost

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2017, 09:19:28 PM »
"No doubt this virus is organic, it attacks the brain first by infecting and controlling the brain cells, hence why the infected corpses aren't exactly corpses, also explains why they can resist the virus, it takes over cellse by reproducing the virus directly on blood cells, instantly infecting and taking over said cells, also as the virus grows, it mutates, growing extra limbs, body parts, enhancing strength, reflexes, tendrils and tentacles are added as a ranged or grappling weapon, they've mutated to the point of regeneration, where other infected cells can repair dead ones and bring them back by reproducing on the dead cells, thus creating another infected cell and bringing the dead line back to life, if you think of this, they are mutating at a rapid rate, and they can regenerate lost biomass, after a couple days we won't be able to kill them, so we need a plan, and fast." Karlo said to Melanthios.

Karlo barricaded the door he went through so infected cant get in.

Post Merge: April 08, 2017, 09:21:17 PM
(Hopefully my depiction of how this virus can infect and mutate is good enough.)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:21:17 PM by Darwin Hyderman, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2017, 10:55:07 PM »
"Yes, I see... That can be extremely dangerous. Hmm... Then what do we do about the dead?" Melanthios pondered aloud at Karlo's explanation. "If they can't be contained, then they will just get back up and lurk the corridors again."
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2017, 03:28:04 AM »
"Well I do know one thing." Karlo said.

"As I was shooting my minigun at one of those things earlier, my minigun shoots plasmic rounds (plasma rounds, plasma is a type of destructive energy, people use it in nuclear reactors to generate power.) And plasma generates light, as I was firing, it tried to follow the rounds and was confused, same thing around the airlock earlier, as soon as I started firing they all came to me, and since plasma generates light, and since my minigun shoots plasmic rounds, that means that they are attracted to bright light."

"I'm not sure though, just an observation."

"Charles, are these creatures attracted to light?" Said Karlo.

Charles spoke in a monotone voice.
"Their retinas and corneas are more thin and weaker than humans, making them extra sensitive to light, the real reason they are attracted to light is because due to the fact that they need vision to see, and that they have extremely sensitive eyes, bright light greatly damages their eyes, especially light that can damage human eyeballs, however they try to take out what is generating the light so they can see again, and therefore keep on attacking, without vision they can't attack, and bright light destroys their vision, make sense?"

"I guess so." Said karlo.

"The virus risks taking away eye muscle tissue to boost the mutation speed of its own cells, thus having more sensitive vision for stronger mutation, the easiest way to attract the creatures is by generating a bright light and aiming it towards them, however since your generating the light, they will immediately see you as a threat, because they know your trying to destroy their vision to stop them, so only use this tactic if necessary, also civilian Ray Blackburn is almost here, he will be at your exact location in exactly 2 minutes and 53 seconds."

"Damn this AI is helpful, thanks Charles."

"Always welcome Karlo, leg me know if you need any assistance or information with anything."

"Oh Melanthios, my suit has a built in AI to help me assess situations and gather info, he's extremely helpful, he named himself Charles." Karlo chuckled at his name.

"Rays going to be here in a few minutes, Charles told me, we just have to stay put."

"Charles, send all the information you gathered about this Virus to Melanthios suit please."

"Information sent."

"You'll find how to combat these things by looking at the info Charles sent you."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2017, 02:26:46 PM »
Ray reached the elevator, and opened the control panel. First Engineering, then immediately to Ops Center. He sighed and was about to press the button, when he saw someone approaching from the Cafeteria. Ray froze, and stammered into the radio. "A-Are t-there a-a-any o-others on t-this level?"

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2017, 08:24:06 PM »
Angel stopped with no hurry, looking up and around, then she tried to mimic what had been said to her, "A-a-any others?", her voice was silk and flowed smoothly.

From the other end of the hallway, noises out of the camera view could be heard, and Angel just looked at that direction.   

Above and infront of her was a slot in the ceiling for a blast/airlock door.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2017, 12:41:18 AM »
Melanthios mulled the information from Karlo, nodding understandingly as he quickly made sense of it.

His ears twitched as Ray's transmission came through. "There is a possibility," he replied on Ray's private channel, "but the chances of it being a friendly are slim-to-none. You have to move quickly. If you want to check it out, I must first ask that you please take the elevator down to Engineering first, then go back to investigate, but for the sake of every one on this station, be careful..."
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2017, 08:17:58 AM »
Ray pointed the shotgun down the hall, and whispered again. "I-It's m-m-mimicking me. W-What do I d-do?"

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2017, 11:05:12 AM »
Angel heard the growling get closer to her and her expression soon turned slightly scared as she stepped back as it came closer, to then repeat, "A-a-any others?"