The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Fall of Savior Station  (Read 8489 times)

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Alien God
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
  • Height: 7'0
  • Weight: 400 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular, wide and bulky frame with large shoulders.
  • Currently: Loading, please wait.............
Re: The Fall of Savior Station
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2017, 05:31:39 AM »
"Ray? He left us for dead back there! I'm not sure if I can trust him, he could have helped fend off those things back at the flight lounge, but instead he went for the PDA, this guy could be a liability, you sure about this?"

Karlo looked at Ray while the plates on his helmet came off and sunk into his suit, revealing the pandas face.

Karlo looked back at Melanthios on comms, he could see his face entirely and clearly.

He looked very gruff and inconsiderate, which is strange for how nice he is around others. He had a full beard, which was orange and matched his color, he also had a square chin and his skull was thick and large, he looked very mad and serious, and he kinda was, but he didn't mean to look so pissed off in front of everyone, in fact he always looks mad, it's his face, he can't help it, he looks like a thug, but with a heart, a red, oversized heart.

"Besides you can't do this without us, I carry the firepower to stop these things, Alex can help us bypass security, Rudy can patch us up if we get hurt, and our pilot is the one who operates all the vehicles, you know were all important, and we all have to work together." Karlo made a good point, he smiled at how smart he sounded, then turned back to Melanthios.

"Besides, there's almost a billion people on this thing, why do you think I came here to save it? Without this station there wouldn't be clean water or food for everyone, and nobody would have a safe place to go to, this station is very important, which is why I came here."

Karlo looked a bit confused "sorry, I know I didn't need to say that but k felt like I needed to. Anyway are you absolutely sure you trust Ray? That guy completely abandoned us, and what's so important about the PDA? You said it contains vital information......."

"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2017, 07:25:16 AM »
Hearing Karlo's statement, Ray quickly hid the PDA in his suit. He knew how the rescue captain would act; cut out the middleman. Once the PDA was in Karlo's possession, Ray knew he would be dead weight.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: lean build; athletic tone
  • Currently: A fluffy ball of anxiety
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2017, 03:16:22 AM »
Melanthios nodded, considering Karlo's take on the situation. The radio crackled, and he replied. "Maybe he did leave you for dead. But you're all alive, aren't you? The fact that that man, Ray, risked his tail to get to a PDA that could save this entire station, and potentially even Earth as well, is a commendable act of heroism. I admire his selfless risk. I understand you all operate best as a team. But once you reach the point of no return, not everyone will be able to continue on. Am I sure I trust Ray? Hell yes, I'm sure. But in the end... it's his decision, isn't it?"

Melanthios folded his arms as he leaned back in his chair, considering the two holographic face before him.
  • Avatar by: Jenny Lloyd ©Compassionate Dorset
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
You don't know what that means...
Because a KITCHEN SINK to you
Is not a KITCHEN SINK to me
Okay, friend?

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2017, 03:45:20 AM »
"You have a point, but I don't want Ray getting all the credit for saving this station." Karlo chuckled.

"Alright fine, I know what your saying and I understand, but your gonna tell me what's so important about the PDA first before I can actually trust you." Karlo raised an eyebrow and leaned his weight on one leg, making him seem shorter.
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2017, 04:54:44 AM »
"So you're in it for the glory... interesting." Melanthios cocked his head and narrowed his eyes at Karlo. "If you must know, the PDA contains algorithms that override backdoor access security for all systems within a designated sector. Using this, we can corral and trap the aliens by taking control of the doors and vents and sealing them in. Then, we systematically eliminate them, room by room. And if it is a virus, like you say, then it will also keep it from spreading. There may also be information on it about how all this started in the first place."
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2017, 06:26:48 AM »
"Not exactly in it for the glory, I'm also doing my job and want to save people, and if I don't help save this station there's a bigger chance that it could get shut down or destroyed, possibly ending mankind, so glory is only a part of it."

Karlo listened to Melanthios talking about the PDA.
"I thought it was just a communication antenna, I never knew it controlled parts of the station."

Karlo thought for a moment, he looked back at Ray with a blank expression on his face, then looked back.

[size=78%]"OK, now that I understand why it's so important, I'll trust Ray, or at least trust him for now, make sure to barricade yourself in the room so these things can't get to you, me and my team will get to  engineering pretty soon, just hold up until then, Karlo out." [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Melanthios's channel flickered as Karlo exited the video chat.[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Karlo looked at Ray, and then stared at the PDA on his wrist.[/size]
[/size][size=78%]"Ray, I'll boost you Into the vents, you try to move around and find a way to gain access to those Bulkheads, your the only one that has access to this place, Melanthios convinced me to trust you for now, don't break that trust, or else I'll label you as a threat, and do whatever I can to stop you if you interfere with me or my team, ok?"[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Karlo realized what he just said.[/size]
[/size][size=78%]"Look, I'm a bit paranoid right now, you left us to di e back there but your friend convinced me to trust you, so let's not waste time shall we?"[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Karlo bent down with his knees and put his arms out, ready to grab and lift Ray.[/size]

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2017, 11:27:51 AM »
Ray checked his welder, before casting it aside. "I'm gonna need a gun first. Welder's outta juice."

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2017, 01:01:28 PM »
Karlo pushed a button on his wrist and metal plating slid off his leg which revealed a space where a weapon was stored.

"It's a sawed off shotgun, lightweight, powerful, easy to carry, but has extremely strong knockback, and you have to be up close to do real damage, just try not to blow off your own legs while your in there, because you actually can."

Karlo handed the gun to Ray and then boosted him into the vent.

He could hear Ray crawling around he told ray good luck and the metal plates on his neck shifted around his head, forming a protective helmet.

Karlo could hear screeches and cries coming from behind him. Karlo activated his combat mode, which made the metal plates grew larger and shift over each other for maximum protection, all while enhancing Karlo's senses and strength.

Karlo noticed that him and Ray were the only ones in here, the whole crew was scattered out and lost, Karlo was alone.

He aimed his minigun at the door and spun the chamber.

But instead of a horde of creatures swarming him, it was a massive, malformed creature slightly bigger than Karlo.

The eyes were blood red and pulsing, and there was actually a dozen eyes all over the body, each more disgusting than the last, one arm was covered in a fungus which elongated and enlarged the said arm, making it swollen and deformed, his other arm was covered in tendrils and mutated biomass, it's legs were like trees, it had many tendrils sprouting from its feet, and it also had a large mouth on the torso, about the size of a flat screen TV.

Karlo fired his minigun at the beast, it stumbled back and raised it's arms in the air, attempting to protect itself with its limbs, it then slowly walked forward while Karlo was firing, ignoring the thousands of rounds being shot at him.

Karlo was backed up on a wall, and his only choice was to fight.

The adrenaline in his body was stronger and faster than ever before, and could feel the vibrations of the beasts footsteps as it walked towards him.

"Oh God, oh no! Get away from me! Get the HELL AWAY FROM MEEE!!!" Karlo screamed in terror, the beast was so large and horrifying that it even scared people like Karlo.

Ray could bear gunfire and shouting coming from the vents, he could clearly tell something was wrong.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2017, 10:26:05 AM »
Ray wanted to help Karlo, but he couldn't turn around in the vent. He bit his lip and continued through the vent.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2017, 03:43:24 PM »
Suddenly, Melanthios chimed in on the comms to Ray, "I don't mean to alarm you, but I don't think you're alone in that vent, Ray. Don't think; don't hesitate; just move as quickly and as quietly as you can."

A muffled clicking sound was coming from behind one of the branches of ductwork that Ray had already passed, followed by a sticky sound and a low growling.

He probably couldn't turn around, but if he could- well... he wouldn't want to turn around....

The alien beast attacking Karlo stood hunched over in the corridor that was clearly not sized for a creature of his magnitude. Jagged claws were drawn out, poised to slash, and oozing eyeballs guarded his movements very carefully.

With a swift motion, he rammed Karlo into the wall and screeched a deafening tone from his oversized, misplaced maw. The smell of rot and death loomed heavy in the air.

The monster lumbered towards the fur in the suit on its almost humorously downsized "legs." Clearly, it was too big to realistically hold itself up on those sorry excuses for legs for very long without tiring.

The thing drew its sharpened limbs back, ready to strike again.
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2017, 08:30:18 PM »
Karlo dropped his minigun and raised his arms to block the strike, he got knocked through the wall, and rolled on to his back as pieces of metal and concrete from the wall covered the air around him.

"Ah that hurt! Ok, time to show this thing whos boss, AI, activate melee mode!"

Armor shifted into Karlo's fits as studs and spikes appeared as well, he gained extra chest and helmet armor, while the armor on his arms widened out to be used as shields or to block attacks.

The beast roared in fury and charged towards Karlo in aggression, Karlo rolled out of the way to dodge the attack and threw 2 hard hitting hook punches, making the beast spew blood and stumble backward with each hit, Karlo then proceeded to tackle it to the ground and attempted to choke it to death, as Karlo enforced a death grip on the monster and tried as hard as he could to kill it, before it could be killed it wrapped tendrils around Karlo and smashed him several times around the room before throwing him to a wall, denting and cracking it.

The beast shot out its elongated arm at Karlo, Karlo, who was on the ground, recovering from the previous attack, quickly jumped up and caught it's arm in mid air.

He then let out a grunting shout as he forcefully threw the beast over his head using his massive strength, and it flew into the weakened wall, breaking through it and rolling several times as it slid on the ground.

Karlo ran towards the beast in pure rage, this fight was brutal, and so far the 2 were evenly matched in brute strength and force, Karlo hadn't fought an opponent this intimidating and strong, but his suit was built to withstand much more powerful blows, how ever the Beats bad much more range, while Karlo had more speed.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2017, 04:30:49 AM »
The beast hissed at Karlo as it recovered from being thrown. Its dislocated arm hung limp at its side. The beast's face and eyes were cut and bleeding profusely, spattering everything with acidic blood the color of oil. The monster could barely make out the Panda's form. It screeched and charged him blindly, swinging like mad with his good arm, the other flailing about, knocking over crates and tables. It was hungrier and angrier than it was before. Only Karlo could keep it from its deathly rampage.
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2017, 07:11:40 AM »
Ray crawled quickly and quietly, muttering curses under his breath. He could flip onto his back to shoot between his feet, but he had no inkling of what rounds the gun was loaded with. Slugs would work, as long as he could hold the gun, incendiary pellets would cost him most of his lower body, and buckshot would assuredly relieve him of his feet. So he trekked on, slowly. After a few moments he reached the one thing he dreaded, a fork in the vent. "S-Shit," he whispered, "l-left or right?" Ray was panicking, his mind locking up.

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2017, 09:16:25 PM »
Even for Karlo's massive size, he was surprisingly agile, he was able to easily Dodge the beasts attacks and block any he couldn't Dodge with the shields on his arms, he then enabled a force field right in front of him to stop his haymakers, and pushed it forward, knocking the beast down.

Karlo shouted in anger as he jumped on the alien, pinning it to the ground with his left hand while beating it into submission with the right hand as hard as he could, doing extreme damage to its face, after only a few punches he made the head explode and nearly punched a hole in the ground, spewing blood and brain bits all-over his armor.

"Oh God!" Karlo screamed in disgust as he looked at his hands.

"Jeez, I really need to take anger management classes" Karlo said in surprise, he was fast to anger but not this fast.

Karlo picked up his minigun and deactivated melee mode, and followed Rays path, however he encountered a locked door.

"AI, any way to bypass this door?" Karlo said to the AI in his suit.

The AI responded almost instantly.
"It appears that the door is not locked, but shut down due to lack of power, there is a generator in engineering that powers up a quarter of the ship, however the generator is located in engineering, and that is past this door, the only way to get past this door is by going through the vents or with brute force."

"Thank you, AI" Karlo said.

"No problem Karlo, and please, call me Charles."

Karlo chuckled at the AIs sense of humor.

He then took a few steps back for running space as he was going to use the combined weight of him with the suit on to shoulder down the door.

However what Karlo didn't notice is that the alien virus mutating these Humans is actually constantly mutating itself, getting stronger each hour, and so far it has evolved to the point where it can regenerate destroyed tissue, meaning the beast that Karlo killed will be back in Several hours to attack him again.

Post Merge: April 04, 2017, 09:19:42 PM
(Also yes the virus that is infecting the aliens is constantly mutating, and not only can it regenerate, but it can mutate itself, making the corpses it mutated stronger than before.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:19:42 PM by Darwin Hyderman, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2017, 05:03:26 AM »
"Make right," Melanthios warned Ray, "and be quick about it!"

The creature, little did Ray know, had way of sensing its surroundings aside from having a single eye. It shrieked and rolled around the corner just as Ray disappeared behind the fork ahead, narrowly escaping the xenomorph's line of sight.

"You're nearly there. Just get to the elevator. That will take you just a few rooms away from where I'm at."
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?