The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Lazy Space Life RP  (Read 10413 times)

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
Re: Lazy Space Life RP
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2017, 07:49:47 PM »
Michen had now eaten a part of their steak. They took the rest in their mouth and quietly walked over towards the table with the robot dog. There were other people sitting there as well. Michen moved under the table, their tail still visible. There they carefully lied down and looked at the robotic dog, with one of their paws resting on Kat's feet.

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2017, 10:11:03 PM »
After finishing the sketch Talon gets up and throws it and the paper plate away, He stretches and thinks about what he'd like to do and decides a quick swim would be fun.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2017, 05:09:26 AM »
"Nice to meet you too Alex."  Shifts and stretches... Slowly gets up.

"Think I may go to the gym, they have a treadmill big enough for me to get a good run on, has a programmable screen so I can at least pretend I'm running in the woods...... "

Seem to want to say more , but just shake my and sigh... turns and pads out of the dining room with tail dragging on the floor.
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline AlexLion

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Sleepy Werelion
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: natural yellow -ish, darker mane
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Build: avg
  • Currently: Covered in snow
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2017, 09:25:34 AM »
*watches the big feral wolf stretches*

- I think I might join, if you don't mind.. Need to burn more calories to... to have that stake at lunch *grins to himself; gets up as well*

*Waves to the guys remaining in the breakfast area* - See you 'round, people! *starts to walk*

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »
Turns head to Alex  "Always room for others in the gym, might have to dust off the equipment though... (kind of half laughs). Have to do something to stay sane here."

Continues down the myriad of hallways until arriving at the gym. Stops by a treadmill with a very oversize belt and tells computer "Load Wolf Run".

While it loads turns to Alex again "It took me a while to set this program up, and it's still not quite right, but it's from my view point instead of a 2 legged one, and there MAY be some.. um.. graphic chase scenes... Have to keep the instincts sharp."

Steps up on belt and starts padding along easily waiting for the program to start...

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Drake
  • Coloring: Teal
  • Height: 5'10
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2017, 04:47:11 PM »
Rick slipped away from the table without being noticed, he had an extremely short attention span, so he ended up walking around the ship.

There wasn't much at all to do, except maybe go back to the gym...

Rick peeked into the gym as he passed it, not expecting the doors to unexpectedly open. He stood awkwardly in the doorway.
rah!

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »
Hears door open, turns head to look, sees the Sand cat from the dining room standing in the doorway.

Starts to say something "Hey, come on..."  just as the program starts with a long loud full pack howl, my attention once again on the video screen in front of the treadmill as I join in the howling.

The speed shifts from a slow pad to a moderate trot, and the hunt is on....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:46:38 PM by Naake ni »

Offline AlexLion

• Avid Aardvark
  • Sleepy Werelion
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2017, 05:12:32 PM »
- Dusting is quite an exercise! Otherwise, we'd be the ones in need for dusting *chuckles*

*walks the long hallway with the wolf to get to the gym --So many empty rooms. In the end, the bots will probably build some more places to be lazy around here. I wouldn't mind a place to watch a good movie though. Or, if I'm honest with myself, a place to nap, when other furs watch movies*

*Walks through the huge gym to get to the treadmills; lights turning on automatically, as this place was empty just now and there was no need for lights; watches the wolf sets up his program*

- You set the program up yourself? I know a few tricks to make it better, if you want.. I was an IT guy back then. *gets on the second treadmill --Why I keep saying it aloud? Maybe it's just to get it through my head, so I can just go on?*

- Autumn park. Custom 4. Full moon, no people.

*starts walking, turns to the wolf*

- I kinda liked working with computers, mind you. Flying inside one, now that's different.. What about you? What was it like for you.. before? *looking at the virtual full moon on my monitor, almost mesmerized*

*Watches the wolf go full hunting mode. --I like that. I gotta try that someday..*

*trotting lightly, just has the time to wave to Rick*

- Lively in here today! Come join us!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 05:17:24 PM by AlexLion »

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2017, 05:16:49 PM »
Lumix walked towards the pool, stretching his legs as he walked. As he walked into the locker room, he began to get unchanged and tried to smooth out his ruffled hair
[/URL]

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Drake
  • Coloring: Teal
  • Height: 5'10
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2017, 05:26:47 PM »
Rick walked into the gym intrigued by the people inside

"Hey!" He says, stretching rather queerly, looking to the wolf and the lion
rah!

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2017, 05:45:05 PM »
Kat smirked slightly as she noticed Alice's blush, glancing surreptitiously between her and Rick. She looked straight back at Alice when the gecko girl answered her question though, resting her chin on her paws as she listened to the explanation of the work they were doing. She laughed at Alice's turn of phrase about 'what happens in the lab' and nodded in response to the last comment, noticing how she seemed more relaxed while talking about her work. "No, no I understand you can't tell me anything confidential... It sounds interesting though."

"It is...where is everyone going?" Alice asks as she notices everyone leaving the cafeteria.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2017, 05:49:56 PM »
Focused on the program running before me I am all but oblivious to anything else.

As I trot my head drops low, scanning the screen, various other wolves appear and fall back, none take the lead position, that is mine. I try to use scent to hunt, but haven't figured that part of the programming out yet, though I know it's an option

Somewhere in the back of my mind I hear or think I hear Alex mention he was IT, maybe I should ask him to lend me some hands....

I pick up speed moving to a lope. The sounds of moving through the brush, the panting of the other wolves, the bird sounds, it's almost real, but with the smells missing...

The program has a random path generator that controls the prey which suddenly appears as we crest a rise, I howl again to my pack, egging them on. I begin the true hunt, planning, calling out to the others where to go though all know their places. Working as one unit we stalk the herd, I select today's target, and separate it from the herd... Breaking into a hunting run we give chase, shift and turning, I watching out the corners of my eyes for my pack, catching comforting glimpses of familiar fur. 

Today is an exceptional pursuit, through dark forest interspersed with small meadows and streams, sudden hills and drops, and fast shifting trails through the brush. Panting, legs and lungs burning, I close in on the prey, nipping at it's heels, trying to make the take down catch, the taste of blood and hide in my mouth, though only in my mind, or maybe the residue from the steak this morning.

My pack circling out to set a corral as I've taught them, then, just as I am about to make the take down bite the screen goes blank as the program fails. My pack, the prey, the woods, EVERYTHING disappears leaving me lost and confused as reality, this damn reality, returns. As I drop from the hunting run to a trot then a walk as the belt slows I curse under my breath, taking all my effort not to destroy the treadmill out of my frustration.

After the belt comes to a stop I stand there blinking back tears, breath ragged from the run and the loss, trying to get my emotions under control. After several minutes I finally step off the treadmill and quietly pad out of the gym back to my cubicle of a room, alone again, naturally.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:46:55 PM by Naake ni »

Offline AlexLion

• Avid Aardvark
  • Sleepy Werelion
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »
*watching the whole thing happen leaves me speechless, and I am almost as frustrated as the Naake ni. I see him leave silently. We have to give each other freedom of loneliness, at some point.*

*I stop my treadmill and reset the locked up machine. I sit by the monitor, trying to get access to service menus*

- It's a memory problem, too many entities. Oh we can fix it, we'll use the AI module to generate those as you go, and -oh! The scent capsules controls, this is my favourite... *keeps mumbling to himself, not sure if Rick is here or not; pushes the service bot away:*

[This equipment needs service! This equipment needs service!]

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2017, 06:56:29 PM »
Talon was standing on the high dive above the pool. He pulled his mane back into a neat pony tail before taking the long dive into the water below. It was a less then graceful dive but then again Talon was never known to be graceful. Once into the water he starts swimming laps.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2017, 08:02:41 PM »
"It is...where is everyone going?" Alice asks as she notices everyone leaving the cafeteria.

Kat glanced up as the others left one by one and shrugged slightly. "Off to do whatever they fancy... I think some were going to the gym, some to the pool. I had half a mind to go swimming as well, or maybe just relax in the virtual garden."

She looked down under the table, a large snowcat or leopard or something had put its paw on her foot. MegaByte the robo-dog barked happily, his tail wagging at the new friend he'd found. Kat just shook her head with a bemused smile and turned back to Alice, "What do you fancy doing now you've got some free time out of the lab?"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"