The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Matters {RP for teaching some of the less-good how to.}  (Read 14396 times)

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Family Matters {RP for teaching some of the less-good how to.}
« on: December 26, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »
Ok, this is here specifically for the more educated Furs out there to bring in some newer ones and teach them to RP. The settings are as follows: a forest outside the town of Ancyra, Ancyra, the middle of The Sea of Swords, the island Barbeara, and The Great Ganali's Temple-Palace. The profile you need to keep clean. You may use 1st or third person. 2nd is too difficult with multi person RPing.
Rules:
1. No God moding
2. Don't tick anybody off, really.
3. Have fun!
4. Don't go overboard. Keep it simple.
5. Multi characters are allowed but please send me your profiles first. I wish to keep this organized as possible and cleaned up. Thank you.
I will discuss with several expirienced members of this RP later who will joint-control it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:
Fur Coloring & Any Special Markings:
Clothing [if any]:
Eye Coloring:
Weapons:
Setting:
Other:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
For example;
Name: Eli
Species: a very old tiger
Fur Coloring & Any Special Markings: small stripes across an almost white nose, fur turned white with age. Grey stripes.
Clothing [if any]: a pair of jeans tied to back right leg, tee tied to left, and a cloak.
Eye Coloring: Dark red near bottom, red, dark orange near top, then orange on very top part.
Weapons: a dagger
Setting: the forest behind Ancyra
Other: [this would be stuff that's optional. Like your gender, your full name if you wish, your other stuff.] Eli White, 2nd child to Grean and 3rd child to Cyrsa.
------------------------------------------
Eli paced along the edge of the forest, far from Ancyra. the apprentice hadn't come yet and they were going to be late.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
Re: Family Matters {RP for teaching some of the less-good how to.}
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 01:53:35 PM »
1. When you use *OOC, use (( )) OR { } OR some other type of thing to set it off so it doesn't affect the actual RP, please and thank you.
2. Don't godmode or powerplay. This basically means don't go over the top with magic and abilities; for example, you can't transform into a huge dragon and automatically kill someone.
3. Be original; don't be that same old teenager who ran away from home / killed their parents / parents were killed, and carries a katana and is a fluent master at it. Be creative, and get a character that you can be proud of and use again and again.

**MODS: If you can think of any other good points, please post them.

Much thanks,
Broken~Hearted

*OOC: Out Of Character, meaning you are speacking to the person or persons directly, not within the RP.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:56:51 PM by Broken~Hearted »
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Fyroh Ilqe Gahn

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I lie about nothing but my honesty
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey / Black
  • Height: 6' 3''
  • Weight: 78kg
  • Build: Muscular and tall
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 02:46:19 PM »
((I'm going to join with 2 characters; ol' Fyroh, and a new one.))

Name: Fyroh Ilqe Gahn (a.k.a. Fyroh)
Species: Wolf
Fur Coloring & Any Special Markings: Greyish, with dark patches; a swirl emblem on his left upper arm.
Clothing [if any]: Although he usually wears chainmail, today he opted out, in favour of a white tunic, with grey bottoms; a black leather combat vest over it. He also wears thick leather boots, and large, padded leather gloves.
Eye Coloring: Greyish
Weapons: A bastard sword at his side (that's a real name of a sword, don't kill me, mods), a broadsword on his back, and a variety of daggers at his belt for different situations; along with a small, but strong mallet, used to break nuts and as a last resort weapon.
Setting: The forest behind Ancyra, near Eli.
Other: His real name is Fyroh Ilqe Rayviel; however, for personal reasons, he prefers to refer to himself as Gahn. Around 6ft4. Quite rash, and holds little trust in others, even those whom he knows; however, his sense of chivalry amongst other things makes him desperate to help others in need, and feels depressed if he is unable to. He has also been known to jump to conclusions, and make horrible mistakes.

Name: Kapei Parre {pronounced kah - pay parrh}
Species: Tortoise-like scalie, some differences such as more humanoid yet still has a shell that covers the whole body
Fur Coloring & Any Special Markings: Has a green shell, and a musty brown-yellow scale colour.
Clothing [if any]: His shell serves as clothes enough for him; however, he wears a helmet that also resembles a shell, with a spike on top. He also wears steel toed leather shoes, and fingerless leather gloves with a spike on the middle fingers knuckle.
Eye Coloring: Completely black
Weapons: A gladius (to him; more of a long dagger to most ordinary folk) and a boomerang.
Setting: Ancyra
Other: Only 4ft6 tall; so shorter than most; he's just a little below average than most of his species his age. Loves adventures and excitement, but breaks up in battle due to nerves. Aspires to be a great warrior, yet knows its nothing more than a distant dream. His father constantly sends him around the world to be trained by warriors of different places, so he can get the most experience possible; however, this method seems to confuse Kapei more than help him, as he constantly changes methods and mixes them up, failing miserably mostly. His friends are normally there to help him, but for this time, he's on his own. He came to be trained by his fathers friends friend, Fyroh.

Fyroh sighed. He was dreading sundown; that was when he had promised to meet his friends friends son in the inn. Last time he had agreed to train someone, they were stubborn brats and wouldn't accept the advice being given; and the time before that, he was beaten by the one he was supposed to be training, which was very embarrassing. From what he had heard, this boy was called "Cappy or something", as his friend had put it, and was a nice lad but needed more experience with a blade. And Fyroh was supposed to be the giver... He stomped the ground angrily, and then drove his blade into it. Stupid, stupid Fyroh!! he thought. Why did I ever accept? He looked around, and seeing he was alone, let out a short roar to express himself.

Kapei had already managed to get lost. He'd lost his map to the wind, and having looked at many other peoples maps and all sorts, he just couldn't find the tavern he was supposed to go to at sundown. He was a little too shy to ask someone to direct him there; besides, they might ask questions as of why he'd want to primarily go there when he was clearly not old enough to drink. He only managed to get away with the sword and helmet because he was a traveller, and carried a note from his father about his training. He saw two people look at a map, then walk off in one direction; he didn't have the heart to ask if he could borrow it, not all over again. With a sigh, he slumped onto the bench behind him.

((Anubis, power beyond a god is far too much; I'm glad you recognise you can't use it, but don't go too far with your martial arts either, you can't be the strongest of everyone.))
RP characters:

Fyroh = Wolf furry. See profile.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 07:23:31 PM »
Name:
Fur Coloring & Any Special Markings:
Clothing [if any]:
Eye Coloring:
Weapons:
Setting:
Other:

{Anubis, kid, not like that. Follow Fyroh's example.}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eli had seen lots of things but this took the cake. The tiger shook its' head and increased its speed. The distance he/she covered when Eli paced was unknown to him/her. {OOC: I haven't decided yet to reveal if Eli's female of male..I'm not sure which I want Eli to be...} He/she growled to him/herself, angry that their aprentice was later than usual.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 01:39:54 AM »
Name: Ayame Cailean; 113
Species: Artificial Wolf / Arctic Lupine
Fur Coloring & Any Special Markings: White fur with red slash marks and has a 113 brand on her right arm.
Clothing: A pair of dark gray jeans with a few black straps across them and a chain hanging on the right side along with a black studded belt. Her over shirt is a white tank top with black studded straps and red canvas heart stitched over her own, and her under shirt is a red and black striped sweater with long sleeves that cover her paws/hands. She wears worn brown leather fingerless gloves with two buttons on the knuckles except for on the right hand because one button fell off. On her neck is a battered and disabled metal tracking collar that is irremovable. On her head she wears a pair of dark gray goggles with red lenses. The left lense has an off-center 'X' while the right lense sports a skull. She wears two small black Onyx hoops on the outermost part of her ear with two purple and yellow swirled studs on the innermost part. (Picture refs for Ayame here, here, and here.)
Eye Coloring: The left eye is pale blue, the right eye is brown.
Weapons: Her natural ones. (Teeth and claws)
Setting: the forest behind Ancyra
Other: Ayame is an experimental animal. Her story will eventually unravel.

xxxxxxxxxx

Ayame was quietly walking in the forest aimlessly. She stared up at the sky curiously watching the whispy clouds as they seemed to dance on an endless blue stage. She sighed to herself, feeling somewhat at ease after being on the run for about three days now. Her thoughts were broken as she heard an exasperated growl arise not too far from her. She peeked around the brush to see a gray wolf. And from what she could tell, he seemed annoyed.

Offline ANOOBis777

• Banned
  • Optimistic Owl
  • =^^= Don't Mess With us Furry's
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptile-Fox Supreme god
  • Coloring: Gray tinted black fur with Emerald green tinted sliver scales
  • Height: 198 Cm tall 190'cm long Dragon tail ( That CAN Hit you with unspecified amount of Power from Pure solid muscle)
  • Weight: 72 kg can adapt with less kg for preforming G Focre move's
  • Build: slim, Ultra extremely strong, and Fast also Verry muscular and Flexible
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 03:13:09 AM »
Name:Anubis
Species:(Reptile-Fox)
Build:slim, Verry muscular and strong, Fast and Flexible
Fysical description:the ears,eyes,Legg's build and muzzle of a fox and the tail, claws of a
Komodo dragon,
with a scaly under belly and a six pack

Fur Coloring & Any Special Markings:coloring:Gray tinted black fur with Emerald green
tinted sliver scales
~bellybutton Piercing
Clothing [if any]:
Black surplus Textilien Airborne Vintage pants with a 3Line Rivet Backstrap Belt in it,
a Black Sleaveless Fishnet Shirt over it is an olive green long sleave shirt and long Black over Chaot,
and 3 Buckle Undercover boots

Eye Coloring:Sky Blue *can change and glow wen mood gets changed*
Hair:Messy DarkBlond hair
Weapons:mij hands ,Feat & Tail [has powers Far beyond a god] *if i can't use my power on a Forum
(like this one)
ill just use Martial Arts to kick some one's Tail Real Hard
Setting:The forest behind Ancyra,around Eli
Other:N/a

...i am Cursed and doomed... unrepairable damage hase been done ... lie's... frands lie!!!!! thay LIE !!!!!!

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »
Eli growled low in his/her throat. This was going too far. "ANUBIS!!" The anchient tiger had lost it's temper and that was hard to do.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Fyroh Ilqe Gahn

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 08:35:21 PM »
Fyroh sighed. He felt a little better now, but finished by kicking the nearest tree; shaking a few branches, but at the cost of hurting that foot. He shook it slightly with a wince, then turned to reclaim his sword, and caught eye of Ayame. "**** it..." he muttered to himself. He cleared his throat, then pulled his sword out of the ground, and sheathed it. "Uh, hey." he called over to the other wolf.

Kapei sighed. It was hopeless to find that inn at this rate... and he was getting hungry, too. He decided to drop into the nearest place for food; then saw a sign, and slapped his own forehead. He'd been right next to this inn the whole time!! With a sigh, he walked in, and slumped into a chair on an unoccupied table.
RP characters:

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
  • H. P. Lovecraft is my hero. Worship him.
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black, fur has a slight pearlescent sheen
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 170lbs
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 10:10:01 PM »
Name: Priestess Ishe Bania
Species: red fox(vulpes vulpes)
Fur Coloring & Any Special Markings: standard fox coloration: red-orange fur with black fur covering forearms, hands, calves, feet. and tips of the ears. tip of the tail, inside of the ears, and chest/belly area has white fur.
Clothing [if any]: Loose fitting white robes with red and yellow trim, denoting her as a traveling priestess
Eye Coloring: royal purple
Weapons: N/A. Carries a Priestess Staff, but will not use it as a weapon.
(staff is a metal staff topped by a ornate seraphic winged design. from the four flared wings eight rings dangle and chime every time the staff hits the ground. Similar in nature and purpose to the Buddhist Shakujo in that it is used to warn small creatures like insects so they are not walked on, and to alert others that a priest or priestess is in the area and approaching.)
Setting: Ancyra
Other: She was raised into the religion from a kit, and as such is quite devout. She has started a pilgrimage to find herself. She is a kind hearted soul, and seems naturally attuned to children. She has taken several oaths, to which she will keep to her death, if necessary, including vows of nonviolence and silence. This makes her effectively defenseless and mute.

----------------------------------------------------

Ishe had recently left the conclave on a mission both personal and spiritual: to find herself. She was one of the youngest Priestesses in the conclave because she was enrolled when she was a small child. Once she completed her mission, if she completed it, she would return a high priestess. She tried not to let those thoughts cloud her judgment and she walked through the streets wondering how she would accomplish this task before her.

It wasn't long before she realized she had been walking for the better part of the day. Ishe walked into the Inn, her ringed staff producing their distinctive jangle. She paused in the doorway as a fair number of eyes turned to the sound. She smiled, and most went back to their business of eating or drinking. Ishe looked for a place to rest for a moment, seeing that all the tables had occupants.
Wishmaster: Djinn: You wish to know what I am? To you, I am this: The cry of the abandoned child. The whimper of the whipped beast. I am the face that stares back at you from the shadows of your mirror. The hollowness at the heart of all your hopes, Alexandra. I AM DESPAIR.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 03:06:25 AM »
Ayame's eyes widened as she was caught off guard by being recognized. This was one of her first encounters with another of her kind. She tilted her head to the side curiously, then tried to react to the words that had been strung out between the two in the silence. "Uh.. Hi." She said quietly, eyeing the male. "I'm 113."

Offline ANOOBis777

• Banned
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
  • Height: 198 Cm tall 190'cm long Dragon tail ( That CAN Hit you with unspecified amount of Power from Pure solid muscle)
  • Build: slim, Ultra extremely strong, and Fast also Verry muscular and Flexible
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 09:48:53 AM »
Eli growled low in his/her throat. This was going too far. "ANUBIS!!" The anchient tiger had lost it's temper and that was hard to do.

*Anubis lookt at the tiger*  =3what what i do now :sniffle:

...i am Cursed and doomed... unrepairable damage hase been done ... lie's... frands lie!!!!! thay LIE !!!!!!

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 01:02:35 PM »
"Anubis, you're late." The tiger growled, "Get over here so we may start your llessons."
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Fyroh Ilqe Gahn

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 02:46:13 PM »
Fyroh raised an eyebrow. "113?... Never heard of someone being called numbers for names... eh, except one of my friends prefers to be referred to in public as 403, but it's not his real name." He paused for a second. "Th' name's Fyroh. I'm just a travelling warrior." He motioned to his sword, then paused. He couldn't think of what else to say; it was awkward enough as it was, what with him screaming and all sorts, without having to build a conversation right afterwards.

Kapei noticed the newcomer, but quickly attempted to avert his gaze. Realising there were no seats for her, he quickly got up and sidled away from his table, hoping to go unnoticed. She probably needed the seat more than him; so he decided to just go to the bar to buy himself something or other, but instead just ended up standing aimlessly, staring at what they had to offer.
RP characters:

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 04:21:52 PM »
She stopped and thought about his words. "Well, my real name's 113, but I prefer to be called Ayame." She looked to his sword, then back to Fyroh. "Nice to meet you." She stepped out of the brush she had been peeking from and inspected his sword, "Traveling Warrior, eh? I'm a... Traveling nothing."

Offline ANOOBis777

• Banned
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 04:33:23 PM »
"Anubis, you're late." The tiger growled, "Get over here so we may start your llessons."

Anubis im sorry im late *Anubis Came closer*
oke tell me about the llessons