The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Desolation 2: Begin again  (Read 7897 times)

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
Re: Desolation 2: Begin again
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2016, 06:17:39 PM »
Despite Raz's small size, he tried to curl around Lacar for comfort by curling around his upper-half and nuzzling his side as he dozed off to sleep.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
  • Species: shark
  • Coloring: Mostly made up of light blue and light gray.my eyes and hair are a darker blue
  • Height: 7'4
  • Weight: 192lbs
  • Build: A thin,slightly muscular body
  • Currently: I'm good all around
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2016, 12:08:27 AM »
Lacar just watched raz then smirked"yeah that should be fine, and thanks for the help"he smiled at her then placed his hand on raz.
Feeling fantastic and ready to go! I'm a lone wolf fighter cause don't like putting others in danger and would take a bullet for any friend who needs it.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2016, 02:14:48 AM »
Raz murred and nuzzled into Lacar's hand before drifting off to sleep.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2016, 11:38:31 AM »
She kept watch for about six hours, the night being quiet and easy to tell if there were to be any movement near them, so she gets up and heads over to Lacar, lightly touching his shoulder. "Hey, your turn for watch." she spoke as she lightly shook him.

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Mostly made up of light blue and light gray.my eyes and hair are a darker blue
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2016, 11:44:09 AM »
Lacar awoke slowly then looked to rav wrapped around him"ok gig me a sec"lacar slowly picked up raz and layer him down as lacar stood"can I have that rebar back please, it helps me move you know"
Feeling fantastic and ready to go! I'm a lone wolf fighter cause don't like putting others in danger and would take a bullet for any friend who needs it.

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Red Fox
  • Coloring: Orange w/ long blue hair, white tipped tail, ears and wings, white mouth and chest/stomach
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 149
  • Build: Skinny, Feminine features
  • Currently: Why do spiders keep crawling onto me? Dammit Australia T.T
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2016, 07:21:32 AM »
A faint drone echoes through the sky. Then, as suddenly as the sound began, it turns to a loud crack, whipping through the sky, drowning out everything else. A low flying, unmarked blackhawk shoots past, just above the group and into the distance. The noise fades out

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »
"What the hell"lacrest watched as it faded into the distance"did you see that"he asked

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2016, 04:15:43 PM »
She was not far from zonking out herself when it happened, her reaction being in grabbing her rifle and looking to the direction that made the noise, but she did not get a good chance to see it with her scope. "Whatever that was, it was too fast for me to get a shot off at it." she grumbled. "Sounded like an aircraft going Mach 1, but that acceleration was too quick."

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2016, 04:24:07 PM »
Raz slid off of Lacar and went to Ruby and curled up on her lap.

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2016, 04:48:17 PM »
"Should we try to follow it, they could have something"

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2016, 02:57:41 PM »
Ruby shifted the dragon off of her lap. "You are definitely not a light-sleeper." she spoke to the dragon before she looked to Lacar. "I'd rather not... and that type of noise could've drawn attention or woke-up anything that was asleep." she spoke, grumbling a bit as she went to check their current supplies in her base-camp.

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »
"Couldn't that draw unwanted attention to us"I shuffle over to raz"like other survivors or the mutants"

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2016, 02:49:19 AM »
"While it could have, we can't take the risk until you're fully able to move." the vixen spoke as she started looking about the area to ensure everything was secure, including the trap-wires before yawning. "We're not really in any condition to get on the move. I would rather look into finding a bunker-type of shelter than here, but I know this is the safest point in the city so far."

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2016, 04:38:49 AM »
"Couldn't that draw unwanted attention to us"I shuffle over to raz"like other survivors or the mutants"

Tried to make himself seem small when his mistakes were pointed out

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2016, 10:11:16 PM »
Silverwind plodded down the cracked and battered surface of a road, winding its' way through the landscape. The blacktop, melted and hardened over and over under the harshness of the elements and battered by years of harsh weather, cracked under his hooves; glass melted into its' surface. Rusting and wrecked vehicles dotted the road; and buildings in various states of decay rose above gardens long returned to their natural wild state.
The horse adjusted the straps of the pack over his shoulders; he was on his way back from a job. He'd carried some medical supplies to a small settlement in the ruins of a town a couple over from his normal stomping grounds. Luckily he hadn't too much trouble; he'd been running the roads long enough to know to look out for bandits and where they were, and he had a few good hiding spots and caches of gear he'd managed to stow around to keep himself out of trouble.
In some ways, he liked this life a lot more than his old one. Sure, there were problems and things he missed; no cable TV, no new movies, no internet and no power worth a damn. Not to mention, not much in the way of running water, or amenities... but it had its' upsides. Before the bombs fell, he was living in the red zone; he'd been about to be evicted and have his electricity and water cut off. He was working a crappy job where his boss gave him hassle, and lived in a crappy part of town.
Now, there was nobody chasing him for money, and his job was useful - he carried things from place to place, and was able to be pretty flexible on when and where he did it. Sure, there were added dangers - monsters, bandits, radiation and terrifying weather were only some of the things to worry about, but with preparation they could be dealt with.
In some ways, yes, this world almost suited him better. Though; he wasn't so keen on some aspects of it.
Taking another pause to sip at water from the canteen on his belt, the equine looked ahead at the city buildings, his ears twitching. That's odd, he thought as he frowned. I'm sure I heard a gunshot just now-
His train of thought was cut off as he heard a sound he'd never expected to hear again. Ears swivelling further, he quickly looked up, scanning the skies from horizon to horizon. Because, unbelievably, he heard the thudding of helicopter rotors, and the whine of engines.
"What the hell?" he uttered as he watched in disbelief. Unmistakably, it was a Blackhawk. He recognized the type from news reports, and seeing them on exercises and manoeuvers before the war. It crossed, low and fast, approaching from the horizon and heading over the city.
Before he could reall register it, it was gone. But the horses' curiousity was peaked. If someone had aircraft, he wanted to know who they were. Was it the government? If not, who was it, and what were they up to?
Making a decision, he headed in the direction the helicopter had been moving in, heading toward the city and its' high-rising buildings. Every so often, he turned his eyes skyward, still trying to work out if maybe he'd imagined it. All the same, he kept moving in the same direction, until the buildings began to rise around him. Grimacing, he began to look around cautiously.
He tried to avoid the big cities; they were hives for the most dangerous creatures and hostile forces. But in this case, going around would be too time-consuming. Instead, he shifted his SMG around on its' sling and began to move forward with it held in both hands, setting each hoof down carefully as he went to avoid making too much noise.
A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.