The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)  (Read 40358 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)
« on: September 14, 2016, 10:28:45 AM »
Those of you wondering why this one has an Mark 2 attached to it, I did try this a while back, but I had to clear out my gallery I used during then due to an issue, so I ended up having the thread deleted as well. Any of you who may not have seen the first thread may not know that I tend to help out a sprite-comic artist (who goes by the usernames of TorenZabbic or Wild-Roses depending on which comic they're working on) by making props and sometimes making characters for the comics involved. Those of you who are wondering what I use for my primary art program, it's actually the built-in MSPaint for Windows (Windows 7 for me at the moment)

So let's see if we can get this going once more, and I'll start with some of my earliest sprites, so be warned, none of them are quite at the quality that I am putting out as of late.

First up:
Yes, that's right. Balls of yarn. As a good number of characters in the sprite-comics are felines, I decided to make something they could hold in their hands. Small, semi-complex in texture for something that size.

Next:
A wrench-shaped brand-mark. Nothing else to say about that.

Yep, a dog-bowl. Nothing else to see here.

And here's where I start up my main pride in my works, weapons and props. This set was made to look like it was 'mass-produced', intended to be used by generic filler-characters or to be used/destroyed on a whim.

And this'll conclude this first post. I'll add more if people want to see more.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:02:57 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 10:29:55 AM »
Hmmm, quite interesting

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 10:32:55 AM »
Most of these are from over five years ago, I've got a lot more since then.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 10:33:31 AM »
I really like it that I can see your artwork again, Vosur :D
Keep the spriteworks and more coming!
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 10:48:30 AM »
Well, if you want more, TorenZabbic/Wild-Roses on furaffinity is the one I work with and the one I give the sprites to be used in the comic. But I can always add more on here next time I drop a post.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 11:08:34 AM »
Of course I'd like to see more x3
Pff, I'll check them out, but I'd also really like it if you would post more sprites here, of course ^3^

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 12:17:58 PM »
Alright, so let's go for another round of them:

This was among a set of items I made that was to have a James Bond gadget meets ritzy accessories. A simple walking cane that turns into a chaqu (or a night-stick as it's more commonly known).

A prop-set for a smithy. As for that odd shape above the coals, that's actually something that would be copied and set over the colder coals section to make it look hotter. This was still into my early-texturing phase.

A simple firearm design. Not really one of my better ones.

This one was quite a test, but I still lacked the transparent-effect that was needed for it, so it ended up in being more of a collaboration idea, Toren passing the finished product back to me after he added the ice effect to the blade.

Well, the idea on this one came about due to a particular livestream chat I was in. Someone said "It's time to fire her!" so I said "Out of a cannon?" which sparked this idea. I tried making the wooden support textured to look like grained wood, but again, not my better texturing for sprites.

Those of you who might be wondering, yes the staff is a double-ended bladed-trident that can spit apart into two pieces (though I did not make it easy to split apart in this set), and yes, those kris daggers have a button on it. The kris have a venom capsule that seeps the poison onto the blades when the buttons are pressed, though I do not have the concept of that happening made out. I started alternate-modes/-forms in later sprites though.

And some lab equipment for a researcher-medic, complete with a robotic assistant.

And I'll end this set right here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:34:36 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 12:49:46 PM »
I like it all so far, I especially like the cane-weapon idea and the blade with the gun the most! ^_^

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 01:01:39 PM »
That blade with the gun portion is actually a weapon for a cryo-kinetic character, the sword being a portable refrigeration unit with a telescoping 'blade' for ease of use. The gun kinda acts like a submachine-gun that fires icicles.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 01:05:33 PM »
That actually sounds really interesting. Then my question would be: What would the gun refrigerate?
Firing icicles... that sounds creepy and dangerous O_O But very effective.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 01:53:32 PM »
The gun would refrigerate the water (which is in the bottle 'clip') in a manner that causes it to form the icicle shape as it exits the barrel, being supercooled so it freezes in the process. And the character, being a cryokinetic type, would relish in using such a weapon.

Post Merge: September 15, 2016, 05:13:43 AM
Round three of my list:

An odd set considering the character it's meant for. The pistol is a dual-ammunition type, being a flame-thrower and a fire-extinguisher in one body. The bars on the canisters is the amount of 'charge' each ammunition has, the boxes above the pistol is the switch-states to choose which one is actively being used. Also, yes, that is a collapsible harpoon underneath it.

Just some more standard items that might be common among characters and one of my true moments in using 'different state' sprites for the same item. Yes, I re-included one of the mass-produced knives an another throwing-knife in the mix.

And a big dump of an attempt at food and diner/mess-hall type of items.

Another collab-work, having made a scissor-katar with a bit of a plasma edge to it, though I wished I saved the original version as the white portion of the glow would not work very well. I may have to end up redoing this with techniques I've learned recently for plasma glow.

Yep, this is the gear that Amaterasu uses in the Okami game, I did this on a whim to see if I could do it, but I think Ammy was even made for use in this comic as a cameo anyways.

Before you ask, no, this was not made with Steven Universe in mind. I actually made this before Steven Universe came out and got so popular, but I had to refine the textures quite a bit since then.

Now here's one I'm REALLY proud of, my first attempt at a Blue Damascene (Damascus Steel) texture. This weapon is actually for one of my characters who now has a role in the comic as well.

Yes, that's a scythe with the training padding on it.

FISH!!!! Caught and cooked... along with a slice of lime for seasoning.

Water lilies and cat-tails. Just some VERY big ones.

And that'll conclude this portion of the list.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 04:47:33 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 12:11:29 PM »
Ah of course, I didn't put two-and-two together with the whole icicle thing .-. Stupid me.

Anyways, I can see why you're especially proud of the Damascus steel one. The texture on it is indeed rather well done.
And may I just say that food looks oddly enough delicious xD

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 03:29:40 PM »
Round 4:

On this one, I was trying to teach myself depth and reflection with the pots and the deep-pans, but I don't think I did so well. To be honest, I think these were way too small to be used properly anyways.

I group these two together since they're knives for specific characters in the comic, only having minimal visual reference for both of them.

Gotta have some way to hold your money, right?

Soaps on ropes, scrub brush, bath gels, and a detachable shower-wand for the right side. as for those 'panels', that's sort of a quick air-drying panel, but I had to adjust the skew for it to fit it right in the comic.

A stockpile of an energy drink I would like to call HYPER! Be careful when giving HYPER! to specific races such as cheetahs.

A simple net-launching gun.

A teleport pad and a teleport beacon. Figure that type of tech would be useful in this comic.

This one will be a little hard to explain, but the weapon is specifically designed for an interrogator-type of character. This weapon is a missile-launching pistol that fires 'dummy' missiles with reels of restraining tape attached to them. Now, this one was an early item (almost as early as the cannon), but I went back and refined the texture I had for it

Another custom weapon, while it looks like a taser pistol, this one was designed with a Raichu in mind, allowing her to direct her electricity more effectively to a target than having it hit whatever is closest to the source. The one to the right is a revamp on the color-scheme but essentially the same thing, I kept both for reference in case something happened to the original file when I made the mods.

Weapons that you'd find as scenery props.

Here's an interesting set. It was designed for a rifle-user in the comic, the top being the "standard" rifle type used in the comic (that portion made by Toren) so I would have something to base my design off of for size, then the bottom five are the states of the carbine. The carbine is actually temperature-regulated and does various effects based on if it gets hot or if it gets cold. The section in the upper-right are the pieces for the gloves to be worn while using them since the gun gets boiling hot or freezing cold.

And that'll be it for this round.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:34:45 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 05:12:36 PM »
Round 5, and before I continue on, I would like to remind you that these were made in MSPaint almost completely. If I had to use another program or get someone to help, I'll state it in the description.

An odd thought, a kunai mixed with a garrote-wire. I guess part of the idea came from the Red Ninja game for the PS2 (the Tetsugen wire weapon used during that game).

A simple spear-and-lance set for a character, played around with the perspective of the shield to give some different angles.

A modified lance-shield-and-armor set, the theory of the armor and the shield having an-able-to-be-toggled electrical field to prevent any unwanted grabs, and as for that spear, it includes a modified rail-gun into the body of it. Yes, character sprites (and the clothing they wear) are disassembled so that any motions can be done without having to redraw EVERYTHING.

I designed these two with a bit of a discerning of certain firearms that would be used in the comic. Both of them are Personal Defense Weapons, but the one on the left is how a "custom" one would look, having a leyline running through it instead of having a power-core (as depicted on the standard for the right)

Yes, that's a minigun/gatling gun. It doesn't use standard ammo, but instead uses energy cartridges that can be quick-dropped for faster reloading.

A weapon design for a character that was to have fire-based powers. Those of you who are wondering what's up with the sword and why the blade isn't 'connected', that is a bunsen-burner type of flame coming out of that handle.

Yep. Bees.

An unarmed and armed jet-ski design I made. The concept of the 'pop-out' weapons actually came from an old show in the 1980's called Airwolf, which also inspired the coloration of the armed one.

A worn CB-style radio and a regular walkie-talkie.

Cave Johnson would be proud.

Dunno why I was inspired to make this one, but I did.

And that concludes this round.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:21:05 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 09:57:43 AM »
Very cool. I like the money pouch and Jill's custom weapon the most, if I had to pick two favourites x3