The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Silent Enemy  (Read 15349 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: The Silent Enemy
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 03:40:42 AM »
(think we need to slow down a bit for Trinity. Haven't seen him post in a while.)

Just as Razuel got onto the boulder, Jason emerged from the cave. He heard the sharpening of a sword and jumped in surprise, dropping his image capture device and pointing his Storm Rifle at Razuel. When he saw Razuel wasn't attacking, he lowered his weapon. "You shouldn't startle people like that," he said. He bent over and retrieved his image device, thankful it wasn't damaged. "Who are you?" he asked.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 03:52:26 AM »
(Aye last post for me till he post or says something)

"Your just jumpy." Tigress said as she and Keri emerged from the cave, Tigress tired of lugging around her Fuel Rod cannon had put it back in storage.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2016, 04:12:56 AM »
(Alrighty then, this'll be my last post until he posts again)

Razuel continued to sharpen his sword, "Sorry that I startled you, it wasn't intentional...", Razuel stopped sharpening his sword, stood up, and threw his sword at a tree, slicing it in two, then went to retrieve it, "Good. Now for who I am. I am Razuel Dracon, a freelance mercenary, I simply take jobs of most kinds, however any killing must be specified or done by the client...", Razuel picked up his sword and returned it to its scabbard, and turned back to the two,"...and no I'm not here on a job, I was just bored and asked a bartender if anything interesting was happening, and he pointed me towards this area, told me that some people were doing something out here, involving some creatures."

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2016, 05:08:55 AM »
"yeah, and we found something in there," Jason hitched a thumb to the cave behind him. "Took some images of it before I took it out of commission." Tossing the image capture device displaying the strange machine and the drone to Razuel, he asks, "Either of those look familiar?"

(The image of the machine is in an earlier post - drone looks like this: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/22/84/228495c7ec08d0d78b297c22965e29591380652861.jpg )
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2016, 05:14:36 AM »
Razuel looked at the drone, "Hmm, yeah, well sorta, I've seen a more primitive version of this drone, I stripped the AI from it and now she assists me. Ya see, I took the AI, had someone reprogram it, and now she sits in my watch.", Razuel's watch was now emitting a faint blue light, "Hm, seems she's awake now."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:41:16 AM by Razuel »

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2016, 03:11:21 PM »
"Any idea where this Drone may have come from? Or what it's doing here?" Jason asked. "And that... machine, whatever it is?"

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »
"Definitely was more primitive are you sure it was like that one?" Tigress asked , not having a clue where it came from ,but knowing a lot about technology.. "That sort of technology definitely does not belong here more so than those Khellid" The large tiger added, looking over the scans she took.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2016, 07:53:07 PM »
"I'm certain of it, however its true origins are unknown to me, I simply found the drone on one of my missions, took its AI, and that's just about it.", Razuel scratched his head, " If you are wondering, I found it in a downed ship a few years back, there were a few others like it, but the rest were shot, literally. "

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2016, 07:57:45 PM »
"Any idea what was inside?" Tigress asked.

Keri meanwhile was busy with her Datapad searching for something.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2016, 08:08:44 PM »
"Interesting... but what would such a device and drone be doing here?" Jason mused. "There's nothing of any value here - no military presence, no research labs... this is just an agricultural colony. Unless the beings behind this thing have any interest in agriculture, why... would..." Jason's voice trailed off, as a new line of thought entered his head.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2016, 08:57:25 PM »
"Unfortunately, not much else was inside...sorry.", Razuel looked over at Jason, " What's wrong? "
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:05:53 PM by Razuel »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2016, 09:45:01 PM »
"At least a possibility," Jason suggested, "But... I think that machine might have been a beacon. But that raises the question of whose beacon it was, and why it was here. It also raises the possibility that whomever that beacon belonged to may come looking for it since I took it out of commission. Still, the fact that it was hidden in the Khellid cave would suggest that whoever it belonged to wanted to keep it hidden." He looked between Tigress, Keri and Razuel. "The Maiori needs to be informed of this development."

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2016, 10:26:22 PM »
"Who?" Keri and Tigress asked.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2016, 10:33:01 PM »
"...okay...", said Razuel looking a bit confused, "I'm terribly sorry, I don't know who that is."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:08:07 PM by Razuel »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2016, 01:43:35 AM »
"The Maiori," Jason clarified, "The Colony leader, the one who presides over this colony. He's supposed to be at the festival tonight. In fact, he was overseeing the preparations when I went to the vineyards. He needs to know about this."