The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Silent Enemy  (Read 15320 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: The Silent Enemy
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 12:09:43 AM »
"Somethings a bit odd about those drones.." Tigress muttered." Don't seem  to strong alone, but together they make a mess." She mused. "They don't seem local either, you sure these things are local that doesn't look like something I'm familiar with."
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 12:21:13 AM »
"On the contrary," the Bartender corrected Tigress. "Khellids are indigenous to Virinat. The Drones aren't as dangerous..." he paused to look at Talon. "... or profitable... than the Sentinels. I hear the chemical glands on those things are worth a lot to certain research divisions in this galaxy."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 12:25:34 AM »
"I still don't think they were orginally on this planet..." Tigress muttered driking the whole half of her drink that was left. "IF only i had broguht an AI." Tigress grumbled getting up  from her seat, paying the Bartender, turning around to head out "Keri I'm gonna look into this, do what you want.

"I'll stay here thanks."Keri replied

"alright you know how to get a hold of me." Tigress replied  heading out of the Cantina.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards Top 100 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • -art by me- “I can destroy. I can’t create.” -Ura
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Insect hybrid
  • Coloring: Beige fur, golden tipped ears, bronze yellow eyes, silver curly white hair
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Somewhere I Belong
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 12:38:59 AM »
Zippo or rather Talon knocked on the wooden bartop and shyly looked around "Have you finished your schematics?"

CO3 warbled and buzzed "Yes. Unfortunately our counterpart is nowhere to be found, although I've put out a warrant he likely won't be taken alive."

As the tiger left his eyes drifted down to Keri, an attractive female who filled out the curves of her garments without scant.

"Barkeep, this place looks familiar have you seen me in here before?"
Today, an acquaintance. Tomorrow your friend. A short formality stands between us-Cloud, at your service.   

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 12:50:20 AM »
Keri finished her drink and , got up to leave, trying to catch up to Tigress who had paid the bill for her, before the large tiger had left.

Outside

"Where was that whining farmer?" Tigress asked herself looking around for the farmer head turning side to side to find him, she spotted him just when Keri caught up

"Thought you wanted to stay behind, Keri." The large tiger muttered noticing Keri out of the corner of her eye "Good I could used your assistnace still have that laser range finder?"Tigress asked her Battle rifle seemly forming out of atoms in her hands.

"Somewhere in this mess." Keri replied clicking a button on some odd device on her belt. "There it is." Keri said as a laser range finder seemed to magically form in her right hand.

"Good, let's see what's up here something's telling me those bugs aren't local fauna." Tigress said walking up to the disgruntled Farmer "Still having trouble with the bugs?" Tigress asked

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 01:06:24 AM »
The bartender curled his lips and shook his head. "Can't say that I have," he answered. He scratched behind one of his pointed ears. "And I've been here since... oh, I want to say... 2400? 2401? It's been near 10 years - settled here after the Hobus Supernova - so I've seen a lot of people come and go. Don't think I've ever seen you before. Why do you ask?"

*** Outside ***

Avren turned to face Tigress and Keri. "Not anymore - your friend with the Plasma Assault Rifle took care of that. If you're looking to assist him, he went toward the caves... said something about the Khellids' aggression not being normal."

And Avren was right - Jason was coming up on the area just outside the caves. And it was swarming with frenzied Khellid Drones and Sentinels. And Jason forgot to bring his grenades.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 01:11:48 AM »
"I think we better hurry before he disables or destroys any specimins!" Tigress said hurring to  the caves to catch up with Jason.

Keri was close behind Tigress as the two cat's ran towards  the caves to catch up with Jason, unsure of what was to come she activated another thing on the odd device on her belt , mjolnir armor 'materializing around her body with a helmet. "Motion track picking up a bunch of activity about a 100 meters ahead ,Tigress.

"Got it." Tigerss said 'activating' her armor as well.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards Top 100 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • -art by me- “I can destroy. I can’t create.” -Ura
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Insect hybrid
  • Coloring: Beige fur, golden tipped ears, bronze yellow eyes, silver curly white hair
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Somewhere I Belong
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 01:15:54 AM »
"No reason." He took out two bits of credits, two small little crystal glass coins and put them on the table "C'mon CO3 lets go we have work to do."

Zippo walked out of the saloon and grabbed a what looked like a Mardi Gras mask, he knew that a disguise could help him find the target.

"I just got some surveillance footage of the target, he's on a bullet train inbound to our location." Zippo smiled as he put on the mask.

"The party should start soon."
Today, an acquaintance. Tomorrow your friend. A short formality stands between us-Cloud, at your service.   

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 03:41:32 AM »
Jason was aware of the arrival of Tigress and Keri. "I don't suppose either of you brought any grenades?" he asked them.

And the two undercover cops were correct - the Tapping Festival was to start soon; furs, Romulans, and Remans (of all people) were bustling to and fro to get things ready. The Maiori (Colony Leader) - Malem - was up on stage talking with a few of the others.

"... But according to Avren, the Tiger guy - Jason, or whatever his name is - fixed the lines and is heading to deal with the Khellids at their source, maybe find out what's got them so riled up," stated a Canine.

"Well, here's to hoping he calms them down before the festival begins," Malem commented. "Those Khellids are enough trouble as it is."
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 04:38:53 AM by Romulan_Furry »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 04:19:30 AM »
"No." Keri replied "Wasn't expecting a fight only packed essentials, Keri said looking over to Tigress.

Tigress materialized her Battle Rifle back into storage and un-materialized her Fuel Rod cannon. "Does this count?" she asked.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 01:05:35 AM »
Jason nodded. "Good enough - think you can blast me a path to that cave there?" he asked, indicating the Khellid Hive Cave beyond the infested area.

One of the furs - a rodent - and his Romulan friend noticed Zippo and his companion and shouted to get their attention. "Hey! Either of you willing, by chance, to help my friend and I lift this thing?" He indicated an entertainment provisions stand intended for use at the coming festival. Indicating an area near the stage, he added, "We need this thing moved over there."

"Yeah, and our muscle skipped out on us," the rodent's Romulan friend grumbled.

"Can you blame him?" the Rodent asked. "He's a Reman. They're better in the dark. And it's broad daylight right now."

"I'm not the one who broke his day walker glasses, David!" the Romulan growled.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 01:09:38 AM »
"That depends on how thick they are." Tigress replied, loading a stack of 10 fuel rod packets into the cannon. "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" she shouted fireing about five of the gel pack like rounds at the Kheliids in the way.

Keri stood back preparing for a counter attack cocking her Battle rifle.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 01:22:54 AM »
The rounds detonated and blew holes in the mob of Khellids. The drones scampered for cover, but the Sentinels got angry and went on the attack; Jason raised his storm rifle and fired controlled, focused bursts, taking them down one by one as he went for the cave. The chaos stopped as soon as it began, however, as Jason quickly found himself in the cave. In stark contrast with the area outside, the cave was dead - both devoid of activity and deathly silent, whereas the area outside was so alive with activity and served to provide a constant flow of sound.

Jason crept into the cave slowly, keeping his rifle leveled and ready to fire.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 01:28:47 AM »
 Tigress fired a few more rounds clearing the way for herself.

Keri keeping close to tigress shot down any sentinels that got too close with her Battle Rifle, loud 3 round burst 'burping' from the weapon.

The two Cats ran into the entrance of the cave  making sure to  'shoo' of any followers, then stopped and stood in awe at the silence...

"Oookay that's... creepy." Keri said.

"Yeah something is not right, keep your weapon handy." Tigress replied loading a few more 'gel' packs into her fuel rod cannon.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 01:54:15 AM »
Razuel had been returning from a job, but had become fairly exhausted, so upon entering a town, Razuel noticed a bar, and decided to go inside the bar.

==INSIDE THE BAR==

"Hello, Bartender. Could I get something to drink?"

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel