The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Silent Enemy  (Read 15161 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
The Silent Enemy
« on: February 28, 2016, 04:16:02 AM »
(Let's get this show on the road, shall we?)

Virinat... an agricultural world on the fringe of what many spacers called "Furry Space." Jason couldn't have picked a better time to stop by - not only was there a fresh supply of Romulan Ale (that had just arrived, too), but fresh-off-the-farms foods and even better, the Tapping festival was being held tonight. Perfect to relax and temporarily forget the troubles of a traveling warrior hunting the enemy that had hounded his home since before he was born.

Why, then, did he get the cold, chilled feeling that he knew signaled the onset of trouble? He wondered that ever since setting foot on Virinat. But it was this feeling that compelled him to keep his weapons close at hand.

He felt he was gonna need them as he stepped into a saloon, almost devoid of activity due to the coming festival.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: The Silent Enemy
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 04:29:39 AM »
Walking across the road between two fields of crops surrounded by  a wooden fence, two cats were walking down the road, when the larger one a  large white tiger spoke up.

"Bah! There's nothing here! No new agricultural technology no new Crop rotation techniques not even  new soil Nutrient replacement plans..." Tigress grumbled walking down the oddly brick path, boots making creaking noises as they bent with her ankles.

"What did you expect Tigress? " The smaller Cat asked" It's not like they have anything new you know why." the smaller cougar added.

"Yeah but you think for once somebody, would take that advanced tech and improvise?" Tigress asked "Gah! Why am I the only one almost constantly updating things.." The large Tiger sighed. "They better have fruit punch or somebody is gonna get a nice Hawaiian punch..."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:49:22 AM by Ambre »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 04:52:53 AM »
Jason sat at the bar, and the bartender - a Romulan, standing in stark contrast with everyone else not just in the saloon, but here on Virinat - asked, "What'll it be, stranger?"

"Some Romulan Ale, please," Jason requested.

The bartender poured the requested drink and commented, "You look like someone who's been through a lot."

Jason chuckled. "You have no idea," he responded before taking a sip of his ale.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards Top 100 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • -art by me- “I can destroy. I can’t create.” -Ura
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Insect hybrid
  • Coloring: Beige fur, golden tipped ears, bronze yellow eyes, silver curly white hair
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Somewhere I Belong
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 04:55:33 AM »
Above there was a silhouette holding a pair of binoculars, his eyes tensed so hard on the avenue they hurt.

"Do you see him yet lieutenant?" The small grey orb warbled.

Zippo wiped the anxious sweat off his forehead with the cuff of his federal enforcer shirt. He unbuttoned the two top buttons and relaxed his eyesight.

"Are you always this chatty?" Zip replied with a question.

"Only when I'm on a case with you." CO3 blinked, hovered over his shoulder and spun twice.

The cop went over and sat on the ledge of the building and cast a wondering eye down at a local joint, a bar or saloon of some sort. He swallowed once, tried to anyways but struggled. He decended down the metal staircase to the alleyway below with CO3 following.

Before walking across the avenue he completely took off his shirt and turned it inside out for a more casual look, rolled up the sleeves and pulled the tail of his shirt over the handle of his pistol.
Today, an acquaintance. Tomorrow your friend. A short formality stands between us-Cloud, at your service.   

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 05:05:57 AM »
Jason sipped his ale, seemingly oblivious to what went on around him. His "Storm" Plasma Assault Rifle ( http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121117115538/halo/images/5/5d/H4_stormrifle_trans.png ) leaned on the counter next to him, easily within arm's reach.

"We don't get many soldiers here," the bartender commented.

"I'm no soldier," Jason responded. "Just a wandering warrior hunting a faceless, shadowy enemy."

"And what enemy is that?" the bartender asked.

"If I knew who they were, I wouldn't be calling them faceless and shadowy, sir," Jason answered. He slid a small medallion emblazoned with a hexagonal symbol. "But that is their emblem. They've hounded my home world since before I was born."

The bartender examined the strange symbol with a frown. "Nope - doesn't ring any bells," he said.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards Top 100 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige fur, golden tipped ears, bronze yellow eyes, silver curly white hair
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 05:21:54 AM »
The cop slipped the leather pouch which had his copper and gold plated badge under his shirt. It was hot, like around 90 he thought but it seemed a humid uncomfortable hot.

His earpiece picked up a hint of static before the incoming transmission "Bobcat, Intellegence. Report."

He left the safeguard, an island of shadow from the building behind him "Intellegence, Bobcat. No visual confirmation yet, CO3 is still undergoing schematics of this planet's grid."

"Confirmed. Keep us updated, we don't know why the syndicates have ceased activity lately or how they have gotten their hands on tech advanced enough to clone. Or perhaps the why they chose you to clone. Intellegence out 14:36."

"Confirmed." Zippo walked into the saloon turned to CO3 with a smirk "Ladies first."

"Oh, what a gentlemen." CO3 sarcastically retorted and Zippo chuckled.

"I like our new RAC Robotic Assistant Cypher, they've improved their sense of humor."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:34:54 PM by Titan Rein »
Today, an acquaintance. Tomorrow your friend. A short formality stands between us-Cloud, at your service.   

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 09:59:19 PM »
Jason paid little heed to the newcomer in the saloon, but quickly pocketed the medallion when he heard the newcomer speak.

"Welcome, stranger," the bartender greeted the newcomer. "Take a seat, I'll be right with you."

"Hey," Jason asked, "There gonna be more Romulan Ale at the festival tonight?"

"That's why we got this fresh shipment in," the bartender responded. Jason smiled. This was gonna be a hell of a festival.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 10:23:05 PM »
Zippo's shadow cast down ahead and over an anthro sitting at the bar. The light behind him subdued into the secluded darkness of a saloon. Cut throats, thieves and bounty hunters alike sat quietly-guiltily over their beverages. He was coming in and could sense a tension so thick he could cut through it with a knife.

He wore a helmet which had a long metal shroud that covered his neck and partially his long hair. A set of blue goggles settled on the short brim of his aviator helmet. His eyes captured what little light came down on him. It set them ablaze as he pitched them over towards the bartender.

A tiger, considerably bigger than him sat ahead. He had to keep undercover, here he would most definitely start a fight if anyone so much as caught a glimpse of his badge.

Although he was smaller than most aliens Zippo was smarter than anyone gave him credit for "Jack and Coke. Tall."

"Seems like a nice place." Zippo could easily feel an anxious, weary tone in CO3's voice.

His head sunk down into his shoulders as he sat in one of the bar stools. He could see out of the corner of his eye the rifle beside Jason.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:28:40 PM by Trinity »

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 10:32:40 PM »
The Romulan bartender poured the requested drink and slid it to the one requesting. "Tell me, what brings--" the bartender began. He was cut off as the communications panel rang. He went to answer it, And Jason finally made a comment to the newcomer. He moved his rifle aside and offered a hand to shake. "Jason Priznat," he introduced himself.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 10:41:34 PM »
As the barkeep answered the communicator, an alien-that snow white tiger said something. He was listening in to the conversations around him, attempting to be aware of his surroundings. There was an uncomfortable send that seemed to drag on. The Tiger now known as Jason Priznat held his paw out to him.

Zippo stared at it for a moment and then up at Jason "Talon, Talon Phoenix (alias)."

The fox didn't bother to shake his paw and instead returned to the glass of whiskey on the bartop. His elbows went up and rested on the counter, his tail flickering slyly.

"Forgive him, he can be difficult sometimes." CO3 said
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:48:58 PM by Trinity »

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 10:53:27 PM »
 A large white tiger burst into the door, followed by a smaller cougar like cat  "Fruit punch Soft, no Alcohol, on the rocks and it better danged be fruit punch and not Hawaiian punch, or You'll be getting one." Tigress growled out, sitting down next to Zippo, with a thud, not paying him any mind, anger showing all over her short cat muzzle, ice blue eyes showing her mood as well.

Keri the smaller cat let out a sigh and sat down on the other side of Tigress. " Orange juice on the rocks." she said to the bartender in a lighter tone.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 11:10:46 PM »
Jason raised an eyebrow at the new Tiger and her feline companion as the bartender poured the requested beverages. Jason's initial expression turned into a slight frown, as though he were suddenly suspicious of this new tiger and her companion, and his outstretched hand that was originally going to shake Talon's hand drifted to his Storm rifle.

"Did Avren get to you, too?" the bartender asked as he slid Tigress and Keri their drinks.

Jason frowned. "Who's Avren?" he asked.

"Farmer," the bartender answered. "Works the vineyard. He's been bugging anyone with a gun to get rid of the Khellids in his vineyard. I'm surprised he didn't get to you."

"Where is he?" Jason queried.

"Just look for the fuming farmer yelling at his farm hands up near the fields. Can't miss him," the bartender replied. Jason slapped his tip on the counter, grabbed his Storm rifle, and headed out the door, intent on using the supposed "Khellids" for target practice... if anything but to kill time before the festival.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 11:14:28 PM »
Tigress, nodded to the bartender in thanks, lightening  up a little "No, there's nothing interesting on this blasted planet nothing new nothing fun all boring  old stuff." Tigress grumbled "Hopefully this so called festival is good, bet it'll be nothing like the Tigarian festival of peace, or the Dovahkiir's festival of Yol.

"Ooh that last Yol Festival was fun." Celina spoke up "Thanks." The Khajiit said to the bartender, who looked odd to her.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:21:58 PM by Ambre »

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 11:33:30 PM »
The tingle of whiskey slid down his throat and sat in his stomach like a brick. The fox squinted as it burned his insides.

"Can you make any money, shooting these things?" He put the tall glass down and slid it over in front of the bartender.

He could recognize the female attributes of the tiger beside him, although he thought it strange he should meet two tigers in one day. He heard another female voice but couldn't see who she was. Neither did he try to see.

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 11:58:18 PM »
"Not the drones, no," the bartender responded to Talon's query. "The drones alone are about the size of a mastiff - they'll usually leave you alone if you leave them alone. It's the Khellid Sentinels you'd wanna watch out for; they fly and spit acid. Attacks damn near everything that comes near them that isn't a Khellid."

Jason, far removed from the conversation, went about drilling Khellids and repairing damaged water lines. He found it notably odd that the Khellid Drones were doing such. Such kind of indigenous life usually didn't have reason to attack water lines. And they usually weren't this aggressive. It was as though something had them all riled up.