The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Obscura Railroad (Open // Sign - Up and OOC thread)  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure-blooded)
  • Coloring: Pure white, with a gray tail tip. One yellow and one blue eye.
  • Height: 5'7 in anthro form
  • Weight: A healthy 107 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
  • Currently: Feeling a lot better. ^-^
Re: The Obscura Railroad (Open // Sign - Up and OOC thread)
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2015, 10:27:32 PM »
Persona A: Character A does something.

Person B: Character B responds to what Character A is doing.

Person A: Character A replies.

Person B: Character B becomes silent, then slowly walks away.

And that's where you should stop.

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2015, 11:55:49 PM »
So basically wait for a third person to respond.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2015, 11:59:00 PM »
Precisely. Great way to sum it up. ^^'

Post Merge: October 29, 2015, 02:39:22 AM
Sorry for the brief response, I'm exhausted from today. I may head to bed early.

Also, wait for Jacob. He's missing out a bit and he's of an important rank.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:39:22 AM by FaolinWolf, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2015, 05:56:57 PM »
I useally play a male, but I sometimes I play female, though i'm not good at it.
I want to join this RP since I want to improve my RP skills and have a fun time.
Screen name is Rasha Silva.

Name: Andrew Murphy
Speices: Hurcules Beetle
Desired rank: Child

Visual details: His body is round and stocky. His exo skin maroon red that has a little glossy shine to it.while his light hairs are noen green. His eyes are Dark green with a small black dot as his pupil. Now he has two arms and legs, each with two fingers/toes and a thumb/back toe which have little claws. His wings are grass green and retract in his wing shells after each flight though he can't get far.

Obsurites: He ruffles his wings when he gets mad. His voice tends to crack when he speaks.He tends to say whatever pops in his mind without knowing it.

Personallty: He is a curious one, with a omptimistic look on life. He trys to be stronger then most kids at his age, and doesn't want to be left out in anything. He tends to get himself into trouble not becuase he wants to, but since he doesn't have the fore sight to see his actions outside of now.

History: Andrew Murphy was born and raised like a normal child in the wild. However due to some mystreious reason his parents have gone missing and left little Andrew all by himself. So as his mind was rattled and disorganized he became lost and parinoid of the world arounf him. So as he wandered the foest trying to find answers he soon dicovered that his parents have left him...forgotten. He knew cause the day he did see them again, they said his not theirs and will never be..

This left his shocked and into a dispare of guilt as if he was at fault. However a week after that, he discovered the safe haven which he calls home. Now they didn't trust him or understand who or what he was. But after some work the beetle put in, they aceppeted him as their own. Which is were he now resides and grows up ever so eager to find out who his is..

Role Play Sample:  His eyes snapped open as the chill of the mornings wind brushed his horn.."Ugh...is it morning already?...." He sighed as he plucked his slothy body up and poped his joints to get ready for what today has in store for him.. He tried to think of what was todays chore.."Lets see...ummm...I was ..I think I was looking for some grub for my friends...right? Yea yea, thats it." He snapped and folded out his wings to soak the sun's all so gentle rays.

He climbed down from the rock he slept on and sluggly jogged through the grass into the gathering spot his elders has told him to grow, but he heard some other kids saying that they found some more berries in the darker part of the woods...."Well wait a sec? If I can get more berries from the darker woods... Yet the elders said not to.... But maybe this is a test to see if I can think outside the box!"

So which his excitement in his heart and pep in his step he went to the dark woods to gather berries for the furs he now considers family without telling a soul....
  • Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2015, 09:13:07 PM »
Accepted... just try to catch your spelling and grammar mistakes by using Spell Check before posting.

mosskid

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2015, 12:56:24 AM »

Player Information
*Only need to fill out for the first character*
Screen Name~ mosskid
Why are you interested in joining?~ I'm really interested in participating in this RP, the concept is really neat!
What gender character do you generally RP?~ I've RPed with as female and male, though I have more preference for female.

Character Information

Name~ Aster
Sex~ Female
Species~ Tufted Deer
Age~ 18
Desired Rank~ Delta
Visual Details~ Aster has various shades of grey and white all around her pelt, with a white marking around the bride of her snout. Being a tufted deer, she also had a small pair of fangs that protrude from her mouth. Her eyes always hold a somewhat droopy expression.
Obscurities~ Despite being a female tufted deer, Aster has begun to grown a small pair of antlers, but they are hard to see underneath her matted fur. She also has proven herself a very effective healer.
Personality~ Often neurotic and meek, Aster lacks the self esteem and confidence necessary for a higher roll in the hierarchy. Due to her constant anxiety of being abandoned, she rarely argues with others, even if she truly believes that they are wrong. However, she has always had a deep desire to be helpful to the creatures around her, and, due to this, often feels unfulfilled if she isn't of value. Her heart is always in the right place, however. Even when she makes mistakes. 
History~ Exiled by her previous pack for her poor judgement and mistakes, Aster thought that she would simply die alone out in the wilderness. That is, until she found the Obscure.
Role Play Sample~ Jittering nervously in the dense underbrush, Aster could feel the brutal beating of her heart against her furred chest. She closed her eyes tightly and ran her hooves back and forth harshly across the temples of her face. Once again she had let her fear cause her to embarrass herself in front of the others. What would they do when the inevitably find her? Laugh? Attack? Exile? Aster brushed away sweat accumulating by her muzzle and attempted to remember why she was here, and why she was important to the others. Looking down at her hooves, she realized: Healing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:58:44 AM by mosskid »

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2015, 01:30:32 AM »
Accepted! I really like your character. ^^

It would probably be best if she started out as a rogue, but over time may become a delta once she joins the Obscura, since the RP's context the deltas are all dead.

You can head over to the RP thread now.

mosskid

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »
Thank you! And yeah, I'll start off as a rogue then! :)

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2015, 03:00:59 PM »
Ok I can fix my spelling, thanks. Most of the time I don't notice I made a mistake.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 11:16:17 PM »
My apologies, ive been prettu busy. Ill try and post sometime tonight
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 11:32:29 PM »
It's fine this rp is still just getting udnerway. I'm going to let a few more posts go in before I post anything.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2015, 03:17:31 AM »
That's okay, Jacob, I've been pretty busy myself these days.

Post Merge: November 01, 2015, 11:24:41 PM
Sorry for the crappy post, I'm rather distracted and I will be fairly busy for the next two days.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 11:24:41 PM by FaolinWolf, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2015, 03:51:36 PM »
Enough with the one and two liners. I understand if you have a low muse atm, but it's better to wait until you have time or the effort to post four or more sentences. This is an advanced thread.

I currently have no time or muse to RP, so I'm putting this RP on hold. I'm currently using all of my writing time for school paper and NaNoWriMo.

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2015, 03:54:22 PM »
Ok sorry, I'll leave if i'm being a burden jest don't ruin it for anyone esle... T_T

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2015, 04:32:18 PM »
I know that i'm not great at role-playing,  but I want to get better, and i'm sure Rasha does too.
Oh woof