The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Obscura Railroad (Open // Sign - Up and OOC thread)  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure-blooded)
  • Coloring: Pure white, with a gray tail tip. One yellow and one blue eye.
  • Height: 5'7 in anthro form
  • Weight: A healthy 107 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
  • Currently: Feeling a lot better. ^-^
Re: The Obscura Railroad (Open // Sign - Up and OOC thread)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 10:48:07 PM »
Okay, maybe she can just be a first-time mother so you'll just have to make a form for Warden right now, and when the pup becomes more independent, it can have a form too? Just a suggestion, but she's your character. ^^'

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 11:02:16 PM »
I guess and the pups could have all moved out...yeah that would make things easier. Let me make a few edits.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 11:05:07 PM »
Alright, when you're done just go the the RP thread and start.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 11:11:01 PM »
I have a question: With the father comes the mother and children. Do I need to create these characters? Or would you be the one controlling them?
Oh woof

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 11:13:25 PM »
A Father is simply a male elder, though they are like fathers to the Obscura as a whole, not just their kin. Hence their title.  :)

So unless you want your character to have a mate and offspring, you're fine as you are.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 11:17:17 PM »
Ok, I get it now. I was just curious.
Oh woof

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 11:53:16 PM »

Do I still need a role play sample for warden even though he as in mayliens?

Character information
Name: Warden Varisne
Sex: Male
Species: Wolf
Desired Rank: theta
Visual descriptor: white fur with several scars on his chest, shoulders, and one running down his cheek. He wears a black shirt, black pants and keeps a sword at his belt
Obscurities~ when thinking he will rub his scars.
Personality~ almost radiates an aura of strength and authority, which is pretty standard for a theta. However when around Maylien his attitude softens and shows that he can be kind and loving, it's just buried a little. He is a loyal mate to her and would do anything to keep her safe.
History~ ever since he was little, Warden had dreamed of being a warrior. As a cub he often played soldier and pretended to fight invisible enemies with a wood sword. When he grew older he actually started to train with real weapons and got better and better. He devoted almost all his time to training...until he met Maylien. They met at age 13 and Warden thought she was the most beautiful fox he had ever seen. They became mates later on and even when Warden became a theta, he tried to devote as much of his time to helping her raise the children.
Role Play Sample~

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 12:10:43 AM »
Accepted. And no, you only really need one RP sample. Head to the RP when you're ready--I posted myself.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 12:40:12 AM »
Screen Name: Jacob Hail
Why are you interested in joining?: It looks like a fun and intricate RP, give me more practice at writing paragraph responses.
Which Gender do you usually RP as?: I RP as both pretty equally, I have made both male and female characters and probably equal experience between them.

Name: Jacob Hail

Sex: Male

Species: Grayfox

Desired Rank: Alpha

Visual Details: Jacob has the normal gray, orange, and black fur coloring and patterns of a grayfox, save for his right ear which is orange. He has a muscular build, more toned then bulky, and very fit, his physique honed by countless battles and fights. A different number of wounds and scars cross his body to prove this, the two noticable ones being a long jagged cut running along his left cheek and the other being seven lines going down his left arm, to straight and accurate not to be self inflicted. The foxs eyes are a dark blue, with a cold a threatening stare that seems to be filled with malice intent.

Obscurities- Through years of battle Jacob has developed a highted sixth sense and keen perception, noticing small weaknesses or faults in his enemy stance to quickly deliver a fatal blow. Almost like having eyes in the back of his head, its near impossible to sneak up on him.

Personality: For the most part Jacob is quiet and serious, almost always holding a blank expression and pushing everything else down inside him. When ever he does express emotion though, its anger or annoyance, tending to have huge bouts of rage that result in something getting punched or broken.  He only really seems to come out of his shell when hes on the battlefield, but in a horrifying, primal, way, leaving as many bloody  bodies in his wake as he can. He lives to fight and is loyal to a fault, never disobeying any order he is given. But the Obscure culture, religion, and  rituals are met with hesitation and resentment from the vulpine, and, while he never questions how things are run, he rejects these ideals in his mind.

History- Jacob was not of Obscure blood, and not much is known about his origins. From what could be gathard, he was apart of another tribe, more barbaric and brutal then that of Obscure. He was found by a hunting party in a field littered with bodies, half dazed and staring into his blood covered hands while he rammbled under his breath. The corpses around him were later discovered to be the remains of his tribe, but by who ir what killed them, and why Jacob was spared, is still unknown, and the grayfox refuses to talk about it or the scars he carries. Eventually people gave up and stopped asking. But to the wisest Mothers and Fathers they could tell something was wrong, something the fox was hiding that caused him great pain and internal struggle. At first he settled amongst the theives and became a guard , but he didnt stay their for long. He pushed, proving himself over and over, determined to move up in the rribe and move up he did, eventually coming to the rank of Alpha.

RP Sample- The woods around Jacob was peaceful and quiet, the only sound reaching his ears were the russle of dew covered leave shifting in the wind, giving the atmosphere a feeling of strange serentiny. This was always the perfect place for him to come and be alone. Memories always came back to him here, and as he took a seat in the wet grass, they started to well up from the depths of his mind. The fox let out a shuttered breath as he relived that day through memories, his chest tightning into a knot with a feeli he only knew to be dread. He wanted nothing more in the world but to forget, but all of this was needed and done with purpose. Even though his gods had long ago abandoned him, their wrath remained, and to simply willingly forget their punishment would evoke their anger like no other.
(Oops, didnt realize warden was a theta, ill modify)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 01:11:23 AM by Jacob Hail »
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 12:56:11 AM »
Character Information[/u]

Name~ Ko
Sex~ Male
Species~ Wolf
Age~ 29
Desired Rank~ Thief
Visual Details~ He has unkempt, rich black fur covering his entire body--not a single marking in sight. His pale yellow eyes are the only things that stand out from his body, other than the occasional glint of the metal in his necklace or armband. His body is thick and rigid, but his joints are supple and he can move around easily, despite his appearance. Some females take to his rugged appearance, but he has never had anything more than a fling or two.
Obscurities~ (ex. What brought your character here? What makes him/her/it so strange? What stands out in particular? What would you like us to keep in mind?) He has an unnerving way of staring at other'\s, as if he stares into their soul, seeking out their inner beauty. He has a very strong mind's eye and can paint intricate details with merely his words.
Personality~ (NO "Meet Me"s. Must include effort! This is my favorite part!) Ko quite often comes across as unsociable, shy, or just plain...odd. But his peculiar way of doing things is just how he is, how he..sees the world. He will often stop to appreciate a freshly bloomed flower, or simply stare off at a sky as if it was made for him and him alone. While seemingly introverted he is extremely loyal and protective of his pack. He has a quiet, dominating, and strong presence that to some is unnerving, but to others is like a rock to lean on or a tree to take shelter under.
History~ (Mandatory if they weren't born into the pack[)  Always an odd pup out he learned to get by on his own at a very tender age. Life was a beautiful adventure to him and he was blessed with a simple innocence that was all too soon taken away. Witnessing the multiple rapes and murder of his mother and sister, he turned into a slaughtering hurricane of flesh and claws. He wiped out the small pack of rouges and for a long time, simply wandered the lands, going mad with his own self hatred and loathing. It was on the day of his 20th birthday he stumbled upon a dense forest and was awestruck by the moonlight glistening in the low laying fog. It was then that he remembered his sweet mother and his beautiful sister, and the vow he had made to each of them. Now he roams the forest, a silent sentinel, always on guard, and always ready to defend Obscura with his life, even if he is just a thief.
Role Play Sample~ (Mandatory for all ranks) "I-I-I- I'm sorry, Ko." Stammered Denek, the 'alpha' of a loose pack of rouges.  The fear was clear in his rolling almond colored eyes, his trembling muscles, tail tucked between hind legs.  With fresh crimson blood still glistening upon his muzzle, Ko chuckled, a malicious sound which slid from a deep chest.  Pale yellow orbs alive and bright, the wolf stepped closer, inhaling and feeding off of the sweet scent of fear rolling off of the other wolf.  Looking past, several bodies laid slain on the cold morning ground.  The sun, which was now slowly rising, had not woken in time to bear witness to the heinous acts committed under the cover of the night. "Hush, hush, Denek.  Do not be so weak." The brute hissed, words exiting his maw between clenched teeth.  Denek cringed at his choice of words - for now the tables had turned, and it was the wandering nobody who now ruthlessly in control.
Breathing deeply as anger began to turn his vision red, Ko sighed heavily and paced around the terrified wolf, muttering to himself. Coming to a stop, he moved his snout behind his ear, teeth grazing the tender, thin skin there. "Aye, Denek. We all have lessons to learn, here." With a quick snap of sharp teeth, Denek's ear was withing Aldegar's mouth, and immediately ripped off.  Spitting out the hard flap of cartilage, the ebony male laughed shrilly as Denek sped off, howling and shrieking, with tail still hidden between his hind end.  Turning his whiskered maw to the sky, Ko laughed, surrounded by the fallen bodies of the three other rouges - the wolves who had tormented him since he abandoned his pack.
[/font]

Post Merge: October 28, 2015, 12:57:54 AM
Accepted, Jacob Hail, but please fill out the top part of the form I provided and you'll be set to RP.

Post Merge: October 28, 2015, 01:50:08 AM
No more posting until someone else replies, please, Talia.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:21:26 AM by FaolinWolf, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 04:13:31 AM »
Sorry I was just bored.

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 01:42:36 PM »
It's okay, I understand. Just next time remember that no one likes being left behind. :)

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 07:12:56 PM »
Can I post or should I wait for Cecil.

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 09:20:51 PM »
Okay, the thing with posting is you're allowed to make two replies if only one other person is on, pretty much.

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2015, 10:21:14 PM »
Ok...I may need an example