The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Dead City of Bel-Aquain  (Read 2987 times)

Aang_Coyote

Re: The Dead City of Bel-Aquain
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2013, 02:52:07 AM »
Rig gets up and examines the creature. He then searched through his bag and took a out a needle. He watched as the needle filled up with a red substance. "There we go" he said in a sarcastic voice. "Now we just have to get back at the lab and I'll try to find a way to kill the pathogen. Let's go. Hopefully Radina will show up, Did she appear when I was out Tana?"

Offline Lumnos Many-Fur

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Variable ~ Current Brown Bear
  • Coloring: Medium brown
  • Height: 7 ft
  • Weight: 225
  • Currently: Tasting a Breath of Winter
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2013, 11:36:22 PM »
"No." Tana said. His reply was short but there was concern in his eyes.

He put the metal arrowhead, pried from the broken arrow shaft in the beasts side, in a pouch on his belt, along with a knife. He picked up his bow and stood, wincing a little. His back would hurt for a few days, but nothing that wouldn't heal on its own. "We should move before anything else comes sniffing around." He said. He'd sat upwind of the Leeska's carcass, the scent of blood and death was bad enough but this had a nasty, poisinous tang.

"Are you well enough to go far Rig?" Tana said, looking to the lizardfolk. Almar had seemed to think he'd be alright, but Tana wasn't so sure, and he didn't trust Almar too much yet. Bad enough to have one danger too look out for He thought with a slight frown.

Aang_Coyote

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2013, 12:28:29 AM »
Rig looked at Tana with some worry. "We can't afford to lose this sample. No time to waste!"

Rig put his knife in his sheath and looked at his side. It looked almost slashed. If it got infected, he would soon become a beast like the one he killed. No this can't happen, not yet. When we get back, I can do my best to sterilize it.

Rig looks at them. "Come On, No Time" and starts walking in a rather fast pace to get back

Offline AlmarRaccoon

• Eager Elephant
  • Oh snap, do a little dance!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Brown, Orange, Red
  • Height: 5" 9'
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: New colors for my fursona :)
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2013, 01:20:50 AM »
"I'm right behind you. When we get back I can help treat that wound you've there."
*Almar follows after Rig*
  • Avatar by: Casual-Dhole, I changed the colors up a bit though
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
4 Star Senior Officer

Offline Lumnos Many-Fur

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2013, 03:25:27 AM »
Tana brought up the rear, his eyes and ear open to be sure they weren't followed. The moon cast a silvery light over the dead city, just enough to see by and to give the place an unearthly feel.

Twice Tana heard a tiny scuffling, scratching noise, but it turned out to be only thin mice gnawing and scurrying through remnants of cloth and long empty husks and shells of food. Once he drew his bow in alarm at the sound and movement of a ragged curtain flapping loose in an open window, but then shook his head at his own nervousness and walked on.

Most worryingly, there was no sign or sound of Radina. She seems to know the land and the dangers, at the least. And quiet as it is I would have heard another fight. He shivered a little at the cold night air. Soon enough they approached thier destination...

Aang_Coyote

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2013, 10:32:51 PM »
Rig then realized his house right in front him. He rushed in and started having trouble doing anything. His thoughts were being invaded, but not altered. "You may follow me in the lab but I prefer you not" he said urgently and ran down to the lab. He then grab a needle in to slow down the process of his "transformation" and jabs his side. He then cleans the wound and takes out the infected needle and starts working quick.

Offline AlmarRaccoon

• Eager Elephant
  • Oh snap, do a little dance!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Brown, Orange, Red
  • Height: 5" 9'
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: New colors for my fursona :)
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »
"In that case, I'll stand watch."
*Almar waits outside the house*
  • Avatar by: Casual-Dhole, I changed the colors up a bit though
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
4 Star Senior Officer

Offline Lumnos Many-Fur

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2013, 09:42:09 AM »
Tana looked at Rig with worry, hoping he knew what he was doing. But there was little he could do in either case, and after Rig disappeared inside his lab, he followed Almar out the front doorway.

He yawned as he scanned the empty streets. He was tired, cold, hungry and his stomach ached from where the Leeska had kicked him. But he had a sense of something he hadn't felt in a while. A reason to keep facing the dawn each day, a purpose. Lets hope it ends better than the last one, aye? He thought darkly. But still, it felt good to have a chance at doing something that mattered.

Aang_Coyote

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2013, 06:00:16 PM »
I need to work swiftly, Wait, No I don't I can eat the food I've been saving,*Smacks himself* GET IT TOGETHER IN THERE. Rig starts examining the strain under the microscope. What, this is way too easy of a strain to cure. They would of found a cure at the hospital already. No wait, it must have mutated. Right now it must still be mutating but accidentally made it weaker. If I do this.. Yes....IM NOT GONNA BECOME ONE! Rig then transfers the sample to needle and jabs it in where the wound is. Hopefully this works...