The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Good in Darkness and Evil in Light  (Read 9918 times)

Offline NecroWolfExPaladin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Husky
  • Coloring: grey/white
  • Height: 5ft 6in
  • Build: average/slightly muscular
Re: Good in Darkness and Evil in Light
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2007, 02:03:35 AM »
    "Are you saying this human isn't  your original master?"  Necro thought for a bit.  "Do you have any kind of magical bond with your master?  Something that could possibly be used to sense where he is in relation to you."  Necro had never really messed around with bonds and bonding,  not including bonding souls to flesh which left no trail because the soul and that which it moves is already as close as it can possibly be.  From what Necro had read bonds should tell both members where the other is, if only a direction and not distance.  And what few books he had read on dragons said that the majority of the ones that allow humans to team up with them use a type of bond.  Necro looked at the fortuneteller.  "If she has a bond couldn't you follow it?  After all don't psychic links between people use a similar energy to that of psychic imprints of the future?"
     Fredrick was knocked down by the force of the dragons slap.  He had allowed his focus to slip to Necro and was I'll prepared for anything else.  He got up and slowly backed away from striking distance of the dragon.  "What was that for?  Necro made the exact same offer I had!  All I did was state that I'd know more about memory manipulation than he would."  He heard Necro's idea of following the bond between dragon and master and nodded in silence.  "If she dose indeed have such a bond that would indeed make this a great deal simpler."  He turned to look at the human.  "But that still leaves you.  How did you come about this dragon and why did she allow someone who wasn't her master to not only approach in a time of uncertainty but to also board and ride her."  He looked back at the dragon.  "I guess I really should be asking you.  I don't mean to sound suspicious, I just think we should learn the names of both the people we're going to help."
(~:{:'~(

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2007, 01:11:58 PM »
*looks at frederick and growls*
Paladin Order my @$$. You were a bunch of fools a century ago and you still are. Im Saphirblick and this is  Vorsicht. This human is my temporary master for now. Necro seems more trustworthy than a Paladin.
*lays beside the human and shrinks to chibi form, crawling to his neck; purring softly*

"I met her on my travels and announced myself, very cautiously approaching her and telling her I would help her talk to the people of the villages in return for a warm place to sleep and a ride... I didn't think she'd be so upset when she finally got there." He said, petting her head. He looked at Frederick suspiciously.

No more time left...i can sense trouble coming...Hunters, big pack, Halph-Blood Hunters... i thought, looking up at Vorsicht and over to Necro, worry written all over my face.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 06:50:23 PM by Samaragdblick »
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2007, 07:13:44 PM »
"I agree...Paladins are just a bunch of nimrods who think they can do whatever they want..." I said to the two paladins...

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2007, 12:55:30 AM »
*smiles at the wolf warmly, crawling over to him and looking at him*
Owner??
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2007, 03:26:24 AM »
      "Thats one of the reasons I left the paladins.  From what I've heard most of them have improved, but I'm still not convinced that gathering a bunch of self righteous people and telling them they can judge who's worthy to live and who deserves to die will ever be a good idea."  
    "What do you mean 'left'?  You were banished, shunned, kicked out.  You never had a complaint about the order up till the day we discovered you practicing those dark unholy arts of yours.  And just so you know, after you left we had major reforms and set strict guidelines for ourselves.  Before members were declaring people as evil and slaying them for reasons as trivial as not liking the types of shoes others wore.  Now we have to strongly believe someone’s evil to detain them and know it to kill them.  Back in the day it would have been common for me to have slain this dragon for just appearing at this village in her true form, but I gave her many chances to calm down and look where we are.  Instead of a dead dragon corps to clean up we have a noble mission to reunite her with her master.  Eric is one of many giving us a bad name and we are slowly but surly removing the likes of them from our ranks.  So please, if you would think twice before lumping us all together in one insult, it would be most appreciated."
    “Wow, I guess you sure told us then.  Listen if loving your parents and friends enough to want to bring them back disqualifies a person from being a paladin then I’m glad I was banished!”

*smiles at the wolf warmly, crawling over to him and looking at him*
Owner??

Necro was confused at the question.  "Do you think I'm your owner or are you trying to remind me that we need to find him?  I still think if you have any type of bond, even a very weak one, tracing it to your master would still be the best way to find him."

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2007, 01:40:33 PM »
*she crawled towards shinzu and sat quietly*
This one reminds me of him a lot. And frederick, 1. I ever hear that come out of your mouth again, about me or anyone else and I will personaly assassinate you. 2. The Paladin order has never changed, the selfrighteous will always judge the non. It will be the start of the war unless you let a new Paladin into your ranks that will show you your actions through anothers eyes.
Paladin Demons... *i grumbled, glaring at Fredrick angrily*
*looks at necro motherly*
Necro, I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused and I will fix the village back the way it was WITHOUT MAGIC. If Fredrick says anything about it, I'm'll throw him into a tree. You don't insult a dragon and then expect to go freely, Paladin.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 05:21:04 PM by WynterPayne »
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2007, 04:59:47 PM »
((Sam, stop avoiding word filters and edit your post.))
Nyx looked back at the others as she just sat watching, and, like a sponge, absorbing the conversation. She closed her eyes and listened, though, she, like the other dragon was not too fond of the on called Fredrick. She wasn't too fond of anyone now. Answering a little late, Nyx eyed Necro, "What book did you hear of dragons making bonds with humans frequently? That book is wrong. Dragons know many secrets of nature that many beings do not... In fact, we are bonded with nature's magic, and can understand the way the world works better than anyone else. Any dragon who would dare share those secrets with man is daft. Man never uses knowledge correctly. He does not think of anything but his own personal gain... Which is why, if anything, we dragons shy away from such bonds."

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2007, 06:40:17 PM »
"I'll say it again....Paladins are idiots...." I muttered to myself....

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2007, 06:49:33 PM »
[[i wasnt doing it on purpose]]

*she looked at the other dragon and smiled*
Very few of us remember that lesson. Who might you be?
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2007, 07:59:30 PM »
"You can call me Nyx." she said nodding as if it were a hello.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2007, 08:17:24 PM »
*nodds back and thinks*
so when did you first run into the Paladin order and what did they do to you?
I wonder if there are any other dragons left..Other than me and Nyx here...
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2007, 08:27:02 PM »
I've never really run into them because I have been able to evade them for so long, but I hear they are the reason why there aren't very any of our kind. I remember being young and seeing paladins wearing armor made from young dragon scales... Yet boasting how they've slain huge dragons. I believe they might be behind the disappearance of my parents, but I'm not sure left. I raised myself.

Looking back to the other, "I haven't seen any other dragons other than myself... And dark dragons like myself are supposed to be even scarcer than normal dragons. My kind are killed more often because we are considered evil because of our dark arts..."

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2007, 08:33:53 PM »
No wonder I felt a connection to you other than the normal dragon one.. you've lost your parents too. I'm srry bout the Paladins, I was trained as a Paladin Target...
*glares at Fredrick*
I dislike Paladins because, 1. They used me for an anti-dark arts target, 2. They took my family away when I refused to be thier doll anymore a decade ago and , 3. Paladins don't understand what thier actions do to the families of magic-users.
Your Worst Nightmare

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2007, 02:51:06 AM »
     Fredrick saw this conversation was going nowhere fast so he attempted to make final amends before taking his leave.  "Yes it's true a while back slaying dragons was the big thing among paladins.  We are indeed responsible for the near destruction of your race.  I know it's a hollow gesture, and I can't speak for all of us, but I apologize for the way you were mistreated by us.  If it means anything I have never slain a dragon nor have I been present as one was being slain.  The thing that's changed, but only recently, is that our head leader died and was replaced by a promising young lad who's changed a lot of our codes of conduct.  Necro you'd know him, he's the one who pleaded with the head paladin of the time to banish you instead of executing you.  I'd think you'd do well to give him a bit more respect than that.  Well anyways, I feel none of you desire my assistance so I'll take my leave before I say something that causes one of you to try to kill me.  Live always in the, oops, thats right.  We don't define those who are good by light anymore.  Well ummm, take care of yourselves and .... don't ... make sure to.... never mind."  Fredrick dropped his part of the force field wall and turned to leave even though he shouldn't be able to go through it..  "Oh by the way Necro, you might want a bit more practice with forcefields."  Fredrick easily opened a hole in Necro's wall and walk through it.  "I wish you all good fortune."
     Necro was surprised to hear a Paladin admitting a fault, even if Fredrick did it in a highly self righteous way.  He remembered, there was a paladin that was concerned by his imminent death sentence.  Christopher, one of the few paladins he was willing to call a friend.  "so," he muttered quietly to himself, "you made head paladin.  Good for you."  He wasn't sad to see Fredrick go, especially since he had to show off by dispelling a portion of his force field.  I'm going to need a lot more practice if it's really that easy to disspell.  Necro let go of most of the spell so that it's only current perpose was to keep out the large group that had gathered to watch and if necessary to riot up.  He felt things would go much smoother now that he was gone.  "Well I have to admit, I've only seen two books that even really mention dragons so I can't call myself any type of expert.  Those books focused more on the magical items that dragons can produce, I ripped out and burned most of those sections leaving only the sections that didn't involve inflicting pain to them.  :">  I was kind of kicked out of that town rather quickly.  I suspect a lot of them had dragon slayer ancestors.  All the more reason it's a good thing I burned those pages."  Necro made a point of wiping out this 'bond' idea and replaced it with this newly gained info.  "So if following a magical link is out of the question dose anyone have an idea what to try next?"

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2007, 12:36:34 PM »
*feels a slight shaking under her and snarls*
Wat the H3LL IS THAT??!!!
*grows larger and snarls again, the shaking knocking her off her feet*
Nyx, can you feel it too?
Your Worst Nightmare