The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Good in Darkness and Evil in Light  (Read 9920 times)

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
Re: Good in Darkness and Evil in Light
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2007, 01:20:56 PM »
I slipped a diamond out of my pocket, jumped into the air and threw it a short ways below me, then a platform was created.....

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2007, 02:00:50 PM »
{everything goes black, her eyes no seeing anything}
"where am i?" she looked around and couldn't place it but she was getting bad feelings from this place. "what happened to the others??"
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline NecroWolfExPaladin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Husky
  • Coloring: grey/white
  • Height: 5ft 6in
  • Build: average/slightly muscular
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2007, 09:58:40 PM »
    Necro was confused about the blackness and the shaking ground.  The storm had finally come in full force but Necro didn't remember feeling an earthquake when he was checking earlier.  Then again, he was focusing on the weather, which might have blinded him to signs of other disturbances.  The people of the village were scattering in a massed panic.  A few thought the group behind the barrier were the cause and started attacking Necro's wall.  Most were just running in any direction without thinking.  A recent shake made him loose his balance causing his wall to fall, letting in about 5 angry villagers who immediately decided to attack the two dragons as the biggest threat they saw.  The darkness rolled in and it was hard to place where anyone was anymore.  Lightning struck the village in several places as the wind picked up.  "Where is everyone!"  Necro headed toward where he thought he had seen the platform appear.  "If you can here me hear me please shout back!  I'm headed toward the platform I think!"  A villager came out of the darkness with a pitchfork and tried to stab Necro.  Necro side-stepped the attack and knocked the pitchfork out of his hand.  Necro then reached up to the villagers neck and paralyzed him with electrical magic.  Necro continued forward listening for the others.
    Fredrick was tempted to go back and help the people he had left behind but decided they probably wouldn't have wanted him anywhere nearby.  He took his horse from an Inn's stable and rode away from the village and the storm.  The earth started to shake and he was thrown from his horse, who then ran away.  Fredrick decided next time he'd sign out a paladin horse instead of purchasing an ill trained one.  A darkness approached and he cast a light spell to disipate the darkness so he could still see.  He headed toward the paladin orders HQ on foot.  He wasn't prepared for what he'd find there.  He had known evil hid in darkness, and was aware that there was evil hidden even in light.  He however thought such evil could never infiltrate the paladin order.  It was, after all, an inquisitors job, among other things, to make sure this never happened.  He was wrong, the inquisitors had failed, they had failed miserably.
(~:{:'~(

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2007, 11:43:09 PM »
Nyx's eyes glowed black as the villager approached. The darkness seemed to emit from her eyes as it spread. She could see perfectly fine in the dark, being a dark dragoness. It was one of her strengths... She quickly weaved around the humans who groped for something to attack; and headed to Necro. "I can hear and see you just fine!"

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »
*her eyes cleared up and she could see the others again*
wat was that?
*she looked around and sent a whisper to all the villagers, making them sleep on the ground for a few minutes*
Nyx, what's happening? I can see the others but they're all surrounded by walls. Where did my human go?
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2007, 12:32:19 AM »
I can't tell you, I'm confused myself... But whatever it is, it feels wrong.
She looks around, trying to locate the group.

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2007, 12:41:36 AM »
    Necro reached the platform and ran into a wall.  Whats this doing here?  Necro used several different shield frequencies trying put a hole in the wall.  Necro used some light magic trying disperse some of the darkness.  "There's some kind of wall here!  I don't know if I can get threw!  I'm right next to the platform!"  Why he had never studied barriers deep enough to learn to dispel them better was beyond him.  Necro looked for the dragon's human.  Maybe I should have put traces on these people while I had the chance, then at least I'd know If they are all still alive and where they are.  Like I even know how to do a proper trace to begin with.  Maybe I've limited my studies too much.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2007, 12:26:46 PM »
*thrashes her tail on the ground, opening a hole up and pulling out a dark cloak*
this might help...
*puts it on and walks into necro*
oomf! there you are...can you see anybody?
Your Worst Nightmare

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2007, 10:47:14 PM »
    Necro got knocked off balance but trhis time was able to hold on to the spells he was using.  "Well I'm glad you seem to be ok.  I can just barely see past the outline of my illumination spell.  I can see ok at night but unnatural darkness might as well be a smoke bomb for all the good my eyes do.  I heard Nyx just a minuet ago and I suspect the one who made this platform is on top of it.  As for the fortune teller or your human I wouldn't know where or how they are but I suspect that, unless one of us specifically was the target, that they should be in about the same shape we're in."  Necro suddenly felt his spell slip threw the wall in front of him towards the platform.  "I think if we get on this platform we should be above whatever spell is doing this."  Necro looked out into the blackness.  "I've opened the path to the platform! Anyone who can hear me please respond!  I'm going up ahead I'll leave the wall wedged open!"  Necro turned back to face the dragon.  "Unless you can see everyone threw this we might as well climb up here.  If you can see everyone that would be very helpful.  I need to see if I can calm down the weather.  If you have any skill in that type of magic I could use your help.  When manipulating something this huge one person of any skill level would probably be less than enough."  Necro started to climb onto the platform.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2007, 01:47:59 AM »
"I hear you loud and clear!" Nyx shouted, finding her way to the platform easily. "I can see well in the dark, but I can't locate the others."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2007, 05:07:51 AM »
"Where the hell am I?"

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2007, 01:36:28 PM »
I can see the others and i can touch them with this on.
*points at the cloak*
i'll find the others and bring them here.
Your Worst Nightmare

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »
"Oh please.." I muttered....
I lit a spark using my finger...
"I can't really see too much.."

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2007, 01:43:17 PM »
*nods to nyx and necro, heading towards the villagers, lighting her way with her body light*
Come With Me!
*shouts, grabbing the villagers and heading bck ot the platform*
HERE!
*hands them up, walking back to the outskirts*
Your Worst Nightmare

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2007, 04:44:09 AM »
    As soon as Necro reached the top of the platform he knew there was magic manipulation in the air.  Somehow the darkness must have hid some of it, but whatever spell made this mess was clearly visible from the platform.  This spell was large and complicated, Necro suspected that a large group of spellcasters must have made it, but he couldn't be certain.  He didn't want to mess with the spell, a spell that complex could have a trap or two hidden within it for those who attempt to dismantle it.  Dismantling spells directly is difficult enough as it is, once you start taking a spell apart stopping half way could cause it to warp and become a completely different spell.  Best case scenario is that it would fizzle out and do nothing, but chances are misdirected energy would channel out of it destroying everything nearby.  Of course his view of magic isn't the same as everyones, magic seems to have no direct rules that aplly universally to everyone.  It reveals itself differently to different people.  It could easily be that one of the others had a different way of using magic and they could deal with this spell.  Necro reached out and channeled into the storm.  With any luck he could stabilize the weather enough to where tornadoes wouldn't form from it.  Necro called out in the downpour.  "Nyx I need some help.  Can you see the spell?  I'm not sure how magic works for you but I can see elemental threads woven in the sky.  It's huge and looks like close to every element I know of is in it.  I'm not entirely sure but I think I might even see elements I never knew existed in it.  I don't think I can do anything with it, not without risking the safety of everyone and possibly wiping out all magic in the area.  If you could help me a bit with the weather, I think together we can stop it from tearing apart this village."  Necro smiled reassuringly at Nyx not knowing if his nervousness and uncertainty showed in his voice.  He was never with anyone long enough to work on how he sounded to others.  From near the end of his life with the paladins to where he stood now he's usually kept, for the most part, isolated in the woods.  Necro looked out at where the fortune teller was.  That was the only person they haven't heard from.  Necro looked toward the dragons.  "Can either you see the fortune teller?"  Necro refocused on taming the storm.