The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Good in Darkness and Evil in Light  (Read 9887 times)

Offline NecroWolfExPaladin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Husky
  • Coloring: grey/white
  • Height: 5ft 6in
  • Build: average/slightly muscular
Good in Darkness and Evil in Light
« on: July 14, 2007, 04:30:05 AM »
     NecroWolf Paladin Walked through the thick woods that surrounded a nearby village.  He knew a large storm was approaching and that he would have to sleep at an Inn tonight instead of out in the wilderness as he was accustomed to.  He didn't need to use any of his normal senses to how the weather would be, he could feel everything around him through the flows of magic running threw him.  He always held on to at least one thread of each element just in case he had to weave together a spell to save his life.  He could feel the earth through these magical threads and it told him of the storm that was coming.  So once again he found himself facing the tough decision of whether to brave the storm or to head into a village.  The severity of the coming storm made his choice for him.
     He could almost tell already that no matter how low he attempted to keep himself there would be another riot here by the time he left.  He could never understand why people always saw him as evil just for the magics he practiced.  After all people alway ask themselves why their friends had to die.  NecroWolf remembered hearing over and over when people wish out loud that their loved ones would return.  But every time he even brought up, with some, the possibility that he could do this for them they would, curse his name, throw sharp things at him, and chase him out of town.  But he had almost mastered the art of res-erecting the dead with souls intact.  At the moment the best he could do was to animate corpses and stick souls into them temporarily, but they always died within the day.  NecroWolf felt disappointed with himself for not grasping what in all reality should be a simple task.  He was starting to wounder if the paladin order he had started in was right.  If maybe creating life was best left in the hands of God.
     So NecroWolf walked around the village once and found an Inn closest to the forest.  He put up his hood, made sure the paladin markings on his sword were well hidden by the scabbard he placed on his back, and walked slowly out of the woods toward the Inn.  "The Dragon's Claw Inn" read the sign above the door.  He took a deep calming breath and entered.  He signed into his room and after going over one of his masters old books on necromancy1 for probably the 30th time he walked out to the Inn's bar, ordered a drink, and sat down at a corner table in the back to drink while he observed the bars guests.

1 Just in case some people don't know necromancy is the art of magically res-erecting people from the dead.
(~:{:'~(

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: Good in Darkness and Evil in Light
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 02:03:54 PM »
Nyx was chatting with the others at the bar like usual. She loved serving up drinks. Though, if it were her choice, she'd make them using her own tools instead of the things provided. She enjoyed practicing magic as all dragons did; but it was unfortunately frowned upon in many places she'd known... In fact she'd been fired from a lot of bar tending jobs for using magic to do simple things like slide a drink to the customer, or employing a rag to wipe down the bar on its own.
Sighing, she grabbed a wet rag and began to clean the bar while carrying on a conversation with a customer who'd obviously had too much to drink and serving some gin with her tail. Sometimes this bar seemed to be busier than the front desk at the Inn.

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 05:27:58 PM »
     NecroWolf looked back at the bartender taking her in really for the first time.  Hmm she's a dragon, Necro thought to himself.  Like most dragons I can feel a strong magical tenancy in her.  I would rate her potential in the field as very high. Then again most dragons would be the same.  So why would a dragon be serving in a bar and not even using a single tread of magic.   ???  Should I stir the magic in this place a bit and see if it gets her notice.  Most people and even some entry level mages don't notice all the magical energy around them, and only the best are aware of all magical beings around them without trying to look at them individually.  I'm nowhere near that good yet.  Thats almost sage level, but I'm sure if I did stir the magic in here, a bit, she would notice.
     I know this is how it always starts.  I feel the need to talk with people and before long everyone knows exactly what I am and chase me out of town.  And yet it seems I have to do this yet again.  I wish both her and me better luck then I usually have.  *Necro tugged  at a few strands of each element, half wove a spell, and let the weaves drop and disappear*  Why do I do this? Why do I feel this need to meet people?  Oh well whats done is done.  'The die has been cast' as some would say.  Now all I can do is see if she's as good as I know she is.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 05:47:42 PM »
Nyx's ears perked and her pale lavender eyes were drawn to the wolf in the corner. He didn't just... Did he...? Nah... she thought to herself. No way he'd try to draw attention to himself using magic... Especially when there are so many around who disapprove... She finished wiping the bar and placed the bottle of gin back its place with her tail as she rolled up her sleeves. Her gaze was still fixated on the wolf when he looked up at her. She turned away and acted as if she were staring at an ornament that hung on the wall next to him. Curiously,  she built up her potential energy as if she were preparing to cast a spell to see if he would respond... If he were a being of magic like he was trying to imply, he would certainly feel the change.

Offline kaitcat1124

• Dancing Dragon
  • HI!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: brown/orange/white/gray
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: slim
  • Build: agile flexible fast
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 05:53:05 PM »
Alkina was in her tent. Business was slow that day for a "fortune teller." She wished her powers could be of better use... she moved her head and her head band's jewel strings shimmered a little under her small hood that wrapped over her mouth.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 05:54:15 PM by Nyx »
Hi
no man should be punished for his thoughts
I'm straight and i support gay rights
Furries forever!!!

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 06:14:42 PM »
     Just as I had thought, no one here has any skill in magic, except her.  He had felt her magical increase.  An appropriate response, something only people of our magic level would see.  Maybe I should stop now.  I can't possibly feel everyones power at once and it's possible that I overlooked someone.  On top of that there are ways to hide your power from all but the most skilled.  I wish I could but this pain inside demands I meet someone anyone who is capable of of understanding me.  Anyone who might one day ... be my friend.  *Necro grabbed a few more threads of each element raising his power as well.*
     Anyone who knew what to look for would easily feel the magical tension in the air, including the paladin that was sleeping upstairs in his room.  The paladin had been dispatched to find the magic user who's been causing riots in the area.  But know he was fast asleep and not at all aware of the magic occurring downstairs.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 06:24:34 PM »
The wolf's power increased as well. Nyx stopped; and the magical tension around her took a steep dive... It didn't feel right. It was as if she were paranoid of someone besides that wolf catching her in the act of using magic. She didn't sense any other magic users aside from him... But there were some people capable of detecting the unnatural. Casually, she reached under the counter top of the bar grabbing fruit juices and blends to mix herself a non-alcoholic drink; trying to push the thoughts of magic to the back of her mind.

Offline kaitcat1124

• Dancing Dragon
  • HI!!!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 06:41:58 PM »
alkina's head started pulsing at the raise of magic in the air, so she sent out a mental pulse to all magic users  yellling ; "Come to the tent, I refuse to leave my tent when theres an increase in magic. AND STOP SENDING OUT PULSES!"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 06:50:02 PM by Nyx »
Hi
Furries forever!!!

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 07:08:34 PM »
     Necro felt the dragon drop her power and did the same. She's right we've identified each other there's no longer any need to risk this any further.  Necro was planning to wait till the bar closed or the bartenders changed shifts to talk to her when he felt a mental message. 'come to the tent. ... AND STOP SENDING OUT PULSES!'  Great we've been felt, but at least it seems by someone who cares about magic users instead of an enemy.  NecroWolf looked at the dragon knowing that she must have heard the message too and nodded slightly.  He finished the rest of his drink and walked out of the Inn to find this tent where the mental message came from.
     Eric was in the inn's bed dreaming of being promoted to the top of the paladin order.  One day he would get there then he could use his influence to change a few rules in the order.  There would be no more of this trial nonsense, anyone caught using dark magic for any purpose would be killed on sight.  Dark creatures were what was ruining this world.  Once all darkness was destroyed there would be peace at last.  And glory he'd go down as the strongest bravest and all around most perfect paladin of all time.  No one would question his authority not even. 'come to the tent. ... AND STOP SENDING OUT PULSES!' What was that? Eric woke up and instantly felt the dieing magical tension in the air.  and part of the weave he felt contained dark energy.  Perfect this case is just what I need to be promoted to the next rank.

Offline kaitcat1124

• Dancing Dragon
  • HI!!!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 07:12:54 PM »
"come in quick" alkina said hastily
Hi
Furries forever!!!

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 07:14:31 PM »
Nyx nodded back knowing where the wolf must be heading. The tent she was supposed to be heading to with him... But she couldn't abandon her shift, and so she sat behind the bar, drinking her own concoction of drink, ready to serve whoever came to the bar. Energies shifted once more and suddenly she had a heavy feeling in the pit of her stomach. Something was wrong...

(( My character's a dark dragoness, so I suppose she's included in the dark kind that are supposed to die...? ))

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 08:34:18 PM »
     NecroWolf accepted the invitation and entered the tent.  "Is there something urgent I should know about?"  He suspected it would be something along the lines of how dangerous it was to do what he did.  He knew it was dangerous but anything specific would help him in the long run so gave the fox his full attention.
     Eric jumped out of bed, grabbed his sword and other paladin items, and hurriedly exited the Inn in search of the tent.
     As Eric left the inn a person stepped out of the forest and followed him at a distance.  So Eric you've once again taken off to blindly slay on impulse.  The head Paladin was right to order an investigation of you.  Let see if you follow any of the protocols.

((I try my hardest to make sure that no real characters die.  only no playable characters meet death in my rp's.  But yes Eric would include her in his "to kill" list))

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
Nyx was cleaning a glass when a man rushed pass heading out the door. He seemed to be tending to an urgent cause, and once he was gone, the heaving feeling in her stomach dissipated. She sat the glass down with a sharp 'clank' and looked to the bar tender that was swapping shifts with her who just so happened to be a tiger. "Now that's strange... Strange indeed." Nyx said as she untied her apron and tossed it to the tiger. The tiger looked back at her as if he were confused, then slipped the apron on and snatched the glass the dragoness had left on the counter to finish cleaning it.

"Now I suppose I should head to where that message came from..." she continued in her conversation with herself, walking out of the Inn's entrance.

Offline kaitcat1124

• Dancing Dragon
  • HI!!!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 04:07:19 AM »
"I hope you know I had to put us in danger to get you here right?" hands him a glowing substance alost chalk like "draw a sun , moon, star , and cirlce around the tent. then i'll cast the speel once the dragoness is in and we'll be hidden"
Hi
Furries forever!!!

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 05:13:00 AM »
     Necro understood now, there was another magic user, one who might be against them.  He drew the shapes quickly but making sure they were the right size and structure.  I'm not sure why she's having me do this, is she going to draw on my magical strength to help hold the seal?  "Done.  I'm pretty sure they are in the correct positions for the barrier you wish to erect, but i must tell you my specialties lie in ... .. other areas, so I may have varied a bit.".
     Eric was never particularly good with magical skills that didn't involve blasting his foes with light energy.  he took a wrong turn in following the voice to the tent and was delayed in finding it.
     Eric's follower sensed the dragon leaving the Inn behind him and took extra precautions to avoid being seen or sensed until Eric's test/ trial was over.