The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Town Called Mercy  (Read 5879 times)

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon-plant
  • Coloring: Purple
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Taking the Hero's Path
Re: A Town Called Mercy
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 11:23:00 PM »
Huh," he caught me off guard as I didn't think he could perce the perseption-filter, "oh, right."  I followed everyone else who had been gathered at the sherif's office a few paces behind the the group, hoping the extra distance would help boost the filter.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 11:44:58 PM »
Olaris continued to limp through the town, blood still dripping from of his gashes caused by his fool hardy leap off of a moving train with the only thing to break his fall being the hard dust and a couple of dead shrubs. He released a groan after realizing he had dislocated his arm, and slowly grabbed onto his risk as he shuffled. He gave it a quick tug, then a twist until he could hear a sickly pop, causing him to shudder some. When the pain was gone, he'd roll his should a bit while grumbling under his breath.

“Jumping from trains is easy... he said,” Olaris began, “Just tuck and roll and it's practically harmless he said!” He tossed his arms up for a moment and shook his head after making a self promise, “I'm gonna raise that cat's voice a few octaves when I see him again...” He briefly looked up and quickly spotted a group coming closer to him in his direction, “Oi! You wouldn't happen to have any bandages, would you?”
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 12:35:53 AM »
Drake took a long hard look at Olaris. There was something familiar about this man, but Drake couldn't quite put his finger on it. It was almost as if he had seen Olaris before somewhere... Drake had a feeling that it was important, but not nearly as important as the task at hand. Drake went back into his office and got Olaris some bandages, not bothering to ask how he had been injured. Sometimes it was better not to know.
"Okay boys, looks like we have us a little posse here, lets get going," Drake barked, and led them out west towards the desert.
Just then he spotted...Bill Williamson's kid. But he had died the night before, Drake had seen it himself! But Drake also remembered the kid...not dying. He had been pardoned of all charges, right? No, he hadn't, he had been found guilty! Drake remembered it both ways.
Something very very weird was going on here, and Drake had a bad feeling that the rift was involved. He turned to yell to Bill Williamson's kid, but he was gone. Almost as if he had never been...
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 12:59:37 AM »
Matthias glanced over his shoulder at the sheriff.
"Seeing ghosts?" he asked, heading for Redtail. "I understand that you might have some... being the sheriff, you've probably seen much death..."
Matthias glanced over at Redtail and whistled.
Be right there![size=78%] [/size]the horse said telepathically, coming straight towards them and stopping in front of Matthias.
(Have someone react to Redtail)
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 06:33:17 AM »
Ren snorts at Jack's comeback to his warning, turning back towards Drake. "Buddy, one thing you'll need to learn about this town, we're all more than meets the eye. I'll leave it at that and up to you to act on." While he spoke, he happened to spot yet another newcomer, and when he approached the sheriff he inquired about bandages, which Drake popped back in to fetch before starting the walk to the rift.

Shortly after starting, Drake starts glancing around and seeing something. Matthias asks about the odd behavior, and Ren follows up. "Yeah, what's up with you looking around like that, Alex?" When Matthias calls over Redtail in the midst of this question, Ren reacts to the eeriness of the horse initially, but ends up hardly surprised, having seen some rather odd things in his time in Mercy. "Impressive horse."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 09:04:07 AM »
Jack yawned quietly, the sleepless night mixing with the groups slow progress starting to get to him. It was one of the few times he really wished he could speed time up as much as he could slow it down. He walked behind the others, experimenting with the one who didn't seem to be there. using his 'personal space' to detect the anomaly made by the stranger moving the same as how he had found it in the sheriff's office.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 04:38:54 AM »
     As I was walking just out of the group when it walked past me.  A demonic horse, not the anthro kind, joined with everybody else.  An honest-to-goodness being of down below.  And the psychic energies coming off it were enough to make me a little dizzy from the sensery overload.  Of corse my irrational side got the best of me and I couldn't help but blurt out.
     "How dare you bring such infernal being into the mortal realm!  What business does the underworld have that this innocent town must suffer the trouble you will cause!"  >:( With that even the strongest of perseption filters couldn't hide me, but instead of looking sheepish because of my blantent error (which would'ave just made the situation worse anyway), I made things worse by holding my stance and facial expression.  Well, I thought to myself, there goes any chance at a first impression, unless timy-wimy is involed and these people have met me before.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Height: 6' 9&quot; dued to long animalistic like hind legs
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 04:45:29 AM »
Olaris had looked over the sherrif for a moment, wondering what the odd look he had recieved was about, before taking hold of the bandages from the Sheriffs hand. "Thank you, kind sir," the Fox chimed as he watched the rag tag group leave. He looked back down to the bandages for a moment, heaving out a sigh, and began to tend to his own wounds on the spot. He quickly poured a bit of his canteen onto a clean rag and washed out the wounds, before quickly wrapping everything he could with the bandages he had recieved. An ear perked for a moment after he swore he heard a voice and quickly looked over his shoulder, wondering where it had came from. "Nah..." the fox muttered to himself before going back to work.

"I must have got hit in the head or something during that raid. I am hearing things," he thought to himself.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 04:54:15 AM »
Drake walked quickly toward the rift, ignoring the sight of the kid. All might be answered as soon as he saw what was going on in the rift. The group reached the outskirts of town and Drake could see the space distorting around the rift area. Every time the rift opened everything would twist. Not even physics seemed to work right. Drake picked up a rock and tossed it, it sailed much further than it could have. Yup, gravity was a little screwed here.
Suddenly the rift began to ripple violently, something was coming through! Drake drew his gun defensively, prepared for whatever might come through. Suddenly in a flash of light a human male appeared, laying on the ground moaning. Some odd shiny metal seemed to take up half his face and one glowing red eye stared out at Drake, inspecting him and his surroundings.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 02:53:30 AM »
     As I was walking just out of the group when it walked past me.  A demonic horse, not the anthro kind, joined with everybody else.  An honest-to-goodness being of down below.  And the psychic energies coming off it were enough to make me a little dizzy from the sensery overload.  Of corse my irrational side got the best of me and I couldn't help but blurt out.
     "How dare you bring such infernal being into the mortal realm!  What business does the underworld have that this innocent town must suffer the trouble you will cause!"  >:( With that even the strongest of perseption filters couldn't hide me, but instead of looking sheepish because of my blantent error (which would'ave just made the situation worse anyway), I made things worse by holding my stance and facial expression.  Well, I thought to myself, there goes any chance at a first impression, unless timy-wimy is involed and these people have met me before.

Matthias raised an eyebrow beneath his mask. "I don't know what you're talking about... I'm just the cleanup guy." Following Drake, he stared at the being. "Hmm.... can't say I've seen one of those before..." Matthias stared back at Redtail, who just shook his head in confusion.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 07:08:57 AM »
Following along with confident strides, Ren remained silent, his eyes set on the rift as they approached. The gravity seemed to lighten on him just a little, which is confirmed once Drake hurls the rock. The rift rippled and shook as if dancing, creating very interesting distortions to the scenery. He saw it shudder violently and drew both of his pistols, holding them at the ready on a level plane. The entity looked up and around before another voice shouted about something from nearby. Ren maintained his gaze on the being lying before Drake and himself and thought, "Mercy sure is popular today."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 05:43:56 AM »
Jack looked over at where the voice had come from, seeing empty air still. "mate, if you're going to cause a fuss stop hiding so i can tell you t' be quiet to your face." he turned back to the rift and moved closer, feeling the warping of gravity around him.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 06:09:42 AM »

Matthias raised an eyebrow beneath his mask. "I don't know what you're talking about... I'm just the cleanup guy." Following Drake, he stared at the being. "Hmm.... can't say I've seen one of those before..." Matthias stared back at Redtail, who just shook his head in confusion.
"And just what are you cleaning up after?  I'm in my right mind to believe that someone in possesion of a creature from down below isn't in it for the well being of others." but who was I to judge the reaper's book by its demonic cover.  I just hoped they could not get by my mental barriers, not that they were capable (or at least I could shut then back out before the saw anything), but such things have happened in the past.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:39:26 AM by Reality Glitch »
  • Avatar by: Myself in colabration with Bagelwho on the MSPA forums

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Height: 6' 9&quot; dued to long animalistic like hind legs
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 05:16:22 PM »
Olaris cleared his throat some as he finally dressed his last gash after cleaning it out thoroughly. Once the bandages was tightly secure the fox quickly tore the bandage with his teeth, and put away the roll for later use, “Ah  much better,” Olaris chimed as he now rose back up to his feet and began looking around. But his moment of ease only lasted for mere seconds as he noticed a flash of light in the direction where the other's were walking.

He contemplated for the longest time, wondering if he should just leave them to their own problems. He began to walk in the opposite direction of the light, only to find his body suddenly shifting around and sprinting in the direction of the group.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 12:47:26 AM »
Drake kept his gun trained on the mysterious new arrival. "Get up, get the hell up!" Drake shouted, his voice shaking. He certainly was not ready for whatever this was, he never was ready for what the rift would bring, because those things could be both great and horrible.
The man (was it a man?) slowly got to his feet and put his arms up as a sign that he was not a threat. "What's your name??" Drake demanded angrily. The man was silent for a second, as if processing the question, and then said, "I have no name, but I belong to the Angorax Corporation, would you like to see my serial number?" Drake growled in frustration. "I ain't never seen a man with no name, so I ask again: who are you??"