The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Big Ball of Wibbely-Wabbly Timey-Wimey .... Stuff  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon-plant
  • Coloring: Purple
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Taking the Hero's Path
A Big Ball of Wibbely-Wabbly Timey-Wimey .... Stuff
« on: May 01, 2013, 02:30:17 AM »
(( This will be using the Doctor Who: Adventures in Space and Time tabletaop roleplaying game.  I'm going on the assumtion of complete ignorance of the rules on part of the players, but lacking the want to type the rule book into this post, so I will have the basics of character creation here and teach the rule as we go.  If anyone else does have rules knowledge, feel free to explane the rules when the need arrises. ))
The Last Great Time War.  It destroyed Gallifray and most of both the Daleks and the Time-Lords.  Those that survived either went into hiding or are cursed to forever wander space and time, never to see another of their kind.
For everyone else in the rest of the universe, life proceeded as usual, sentient beings walked upon planets, planets moved around their respective stars, stars exploded only to give life to new stars, but now and again, unexpected things happens.
Things, like a wanderer or wanderers offering to take someone or someones along for the ride.  This is that story.
Creating a Character
First and foremost, we need characters, w/o characters there is no story.  So tell me about your character, who they are and why they might accept an inventation to endless wonder.
Characters also have 6 stats, a 3 in a stat is that of the average human and 6 is normal human maximum, you may not have less then 1 in any stat:
Awareness
Coordination
Imgenuity
Presence
Resolve
Strength
(( These, and the skills blow, are mostly self explanitory, but if you have any question, include them in the PM after your character has been accepted. ))
In addition to stats, there are 12 skills, 6 is normal human maximum, having 3 or more in one skill lets you take a field of specialization in stead of the next increase in that skill:
Athletics
Convince
Craft
Fighting
Knowledge
Marksman
Medicine
Science
Subterfuge (( Think stealth ))
Survival
Technology
Transport
Lastly characters have traits, these are anything else about the character that isn't already covered.  Like are they psychic or an alien, are they good w/ animals or  w/ machines.  (( Post a discription of rather than a list and I'll go over it w/ you after it's accepted. ))
You have 24 character points to send on stats and traits, leftovers become additional skill points, 18 skill points to spend on skills.  There are also 12 story points per character that are used in-game.
After your accepted, we'll work out the specifics of writing up the character in game terms using the forum's privite message system.  Once you have a complete character, repost it here.  We'll start once we have three PC's, but more mat come if I see that it won't cause any problems.
I have several alien races of my own concoction, if you would like to play as one post ==> instead of a character.
Character Slots
Human/Furry
Human/Furry
Furry/Alien
Furry/Alien
Alien/Time-Lord
Alien/Time-Lord

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: A Big Ball of Wibbely-Wabbly Timey-Wimey .... Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 11:40:02 PM »
(WIBBLY-WOBBLY Timey-Wimey)
Ok... so. I'm willing to play a few characters... but.... question.

Isn't the Doctor the ONLY Time Lord left?

(I'm willing to play the doctor though >->)
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:15:52 AM »
You forget abot the Master, and that the fact that there's more to the Whoverse then what they explain in the show, and the whole "paralle universes", plus what's wrong w/ a good-old noncanon AU.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 01:07:38 AM »
Alrighty...  i know

But then again... ok good point.

(still willing to play the doctor >-> I call it o-o)
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 01:13:28 AM »
I will Jon this but later when I have time. I be back so see u soon my time tangled friends. ^_^
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 04:09:29 AM »
Actually, Windtail, I'd purrfurr it if you used an OC but he/she/it may still be a Time-Lord, or enough like a Time-Lord that the same games rules apply.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 05:51:25 PM »
Oh, I would be... I mean i could just provide the voice of the doctor as an NPC, and you could tell me what to do with him sort of.

And I will create a character...

But, um... could you explain the rules for creating one? I don't quite get them...

/pleasE?

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 09:44:53 PM »
As I've said in the furrst post, I'm not going to type out the rulebook.  I want at least a semi-detailed bio of the character along w/ the six atributes and twelve skills, the bio should also include a description of the characters traits: what are they good/bad at? any game effecting purrsonality quirks? any psychic powers? Is he/she/it an alien, cyborg, or robot, and if so, how?; after your character is accepted I will PM you to discuss the finer details.

I do have a word of advice since this was a problem on the other forum I'm running this campainge on, have no more than three or four skill at zero, I'll alow five, but that's stretching it.