The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Bred to Serve  (Read 3931 times)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
Bred to Serve
« on: February 14, 2013, 04:41:30 AM »
Paws kick up pieces of dirt, running claws-out past the orange and red covered trees.  The moon, full and looming high above, sent silver light over a lithe form.  Chill winds whipped up in the little park.  She never shivered, though, brown eyes focused exclusively on her goal ahead.  A wide manhole had been partially covered by the roots of an old oak, leaving only enough space for the cloaked young lady to jump through.  She landed quietly, barely stopping a moment before continuing to run through the tunnels.

Filth coated her paws, previously white, as she slowed to conserve her energy.  The smell of waste clogged her nose and shifted her stomach, forcing her to pull a cloth over her mouth and nose.  She had no real qualms about the sewers, exactly.  They were just another place she had to go to complete her goal.  That said, the woods were certainly more pleasant.

A piece of paper, pristine white, stood out in the dark.  No one stood nearby, late to the meeting.  In the back of her mind, her training whispered to her.  'Perhaps it is an ambush.'

Rachel stopped, her cloak fluttering down against her as she slid a knife out.  Just in case.

This would likely be a long night.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:29:28 PM by Aldrea945 »
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Bred to Serve
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 09:37:04 AM »
Ratface loomed at the night sky, sniffing.
He thought about what had happened only a few hours ago. His master scolded him for the second time in his life. It was terrifying.

His master was angry, because he messed up a job he had.
Instead of actually sneaking into the house, stealing valuables and swiftly come back out again, Ratface found another furry creature in a room.
He was startled, he didn't expect anyone to be home. From then on he knew his master wouldn't be pleased with the mis-information he gave him about nobody being home at this hour.
Ratface asked why it was here and not with its master. The furry, a canine of some sorts, told him his master found out about some secrets of his, about a conspiracy he and some others were planning. So his master ordered him to stay in his room, while he would ask around town.

"You know he's going to kill you, right? When he gets back." Ratface said.
The canine lifted up his shoulders and shrugged, only half believing what Ratface implied.

Ratface just couldn't comprehend why someone would wait for their death so easily. The house wasn't even properly locked. Then again, perhaps he would do the same in this kind of situation. He wanted to please his master however he could by helping him make his life easier. But it was none of his business, so he left, forgetting about the goods. Which was why his master was so angry.
He wanted to investigate this conspiracy further, so he had gained some information from the canine. And now he was on his way to the sewers.
Nearly there, he thought to himself: Disgusting sewers.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1&quot;
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 10:31:01 PM »
Lorenzo walked silently through the sewers with his head bowed down, his chin to his chest. The only audible noise around him was the frequent dripping of filth and the soft splashes he made while walking through shallow puddle that gleamed with a green sheen. The smells witch where best compared to rotting meat, the walls where covered in a thick slime and moss grew everywhere. The water below his feel felt like a slime with bits of chunks here and there, and everything was dim, too dark for the average human. All of this would of made the common person gag on an instant, but he was breed to be tough and barely flinched at everything. His nose burnt, his feet itched, and his eyes might of watered, but he pushed on with his boots under his left arm.

The large feline has a thick chest that rippled with mussel, his legs and arms where equity as built. His head was extremely shaped to look like a felines, triangular and elegant in its own nature. His eyes where a deep blue that seemed to peer through everything he looked at and he held a stern flat frown. He was dressed in the normal uniform he was given by his owner, a green T-shirt with gray cargo pants, rolled up to avoid getting them wet and filthy, for if he where to show back up a mess, it would surely arise suspicion. At his waist he had a leather belt with a brooch in the middle, an emblem of his rank and how impotent his master was, and attached to the belt, was his sword in a steel sheath trimmed in silver, one of his finest positions that only four other of his guards had. The last piece that was noticeable about him was his collar around his throat, a steel banded collar that was about several pounds with four nubs on the right side and four on the left. At the back it was slightly larger with a rectangular and was where the energy came from when he was out of line, a constant reminder of who he was in this world.

It had been a week now sense he had seen the mystery person, whom ever they where, they showed up like a shadow at the edge of the estate along the fence. There face was hooded, casting an ery shadow over there face and there voice was electronically altered, giving him no idea if it was a male or female. But this one did give him hope of something better, told him how to escape down an old celler where there was access to the drainage system, and from there, into the sewers that lead under the city. Coming up to an iron grate fence he looked at the steel bars and the lock. Producing a key he was giving from the mystery person he unlocked the gate and let it swing open. To either side of him there where now walk ways up and out of the filth witch he took as the slop grew deeper with every step. Producing a map that the key was wrapped in he looked down at it before continuing on through the darkness, to where he was still unsure of.

• Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 03:27:15 PM »
Master's bedchambers were quiet, still. Nothing moved, except for Master Chase, occasionally rolling over in his slumber. It was so quiet, Luke could hear his own eradic heart beat. Master had permitted him to sleep, but he could not. If he slept, he dreamt, and he wasn't allowed to dream. He was only allowed to think, and then only in service of his Master.

There was pale moonlight entering the room from the large window on the oppostie side of the room, spilling into Luke's cage, causing his pure white fur to gleam. The cage was far too small for him, being more than six feet tall, so he sat there, hunched forward. The wolf sat there, breathing quietly, not wanting to awaken and anger his Master. Luke's collar hung heavily on his neck, and the tight, black pants he wore made his fur itch. But he never complained.

He kept a close eye on the clock, knowing his Master wished to be awoken early. They had an early meeting in the morning.
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline DarkWolf556

• Boisterous Bear
  • You on something?
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black and white
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 150 Pounds
  • Build: Tall and slim
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 04:17:33 PM »
Rena walked through the sewers, trying to ignore what she was stepping in. "I shouldnt have listend to that note, Its probably a trap." She thought to herself. She had been left a note by a mystery person. She had found the note pinned to a tree right outside of her window. It said, Dear Rena, the solution to all of your problems lies deep within the central part of the sewers. Be there by nightfall. There is a manhole under this tree.
                                                                                                                             from-
                                                                                                                           a friend
She looked down and sure enough there was a manhole overgrown by moss and grass that she had never noticed before. She climbed back into her window, and took off her spotless military uniform, Putting on a dark blue t-shirt, tan cargo pants, and some old worn out boots. She climbed back out shutting her window carefully and silently, she entered the manhole, not knowing what to expect.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 07:08:54 PM »
Rachel paced slowly, hand on one of her knives.  There was very little light, just that which filtered through the manhole cover above.  Thoughts ran through her mind, trying to distract her from what was around her.  If her Mistress, Captain Cava, found out that she'd snuck out for, well, anything, she'd be publicly executed at once.  The thought...  It didn't scare the girl, hardly older than a child, but there was less want for the idea than for her Captain to never know.  She'd seen death, faced it on more than one occasion and fought it off within an inch of losing.  There was nothing to fear from falling during duty.

Her train of thought was halted as pawsteps caught her attention.  The splashes meant whoever it was was much larger than her, stronger.  At first she thought it might have been Mistress Lucinda, the torturer, but she crushed those in a moment.  Mistress Lucinda was far more squeamish about waste than about blood, and would have waited above.  She was also much daintier.  This one made no effort to hide that they were there.

Rachel pulled her hood up.  Whoever it was, she'd make certain they never saw her coming should they be enemies.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »
An hour now he walked. The sewers grew bigger and other tunnies started to lead into the main one leading from his masters estate, the flow was also getting swifter but that did not stop any water from getting on the walkways, making every single step sound like a wet splash. Stopping above a service hatch he looked up, seeing the slitted top that was used to vent sewer gasses. Above there must of been a street lamp of some sort, something that was casting down a few rays of light, only to be block out every now and again from a passing car he assumed. He was far now, four miles, maybe more... he didn't know, he just knew it was quite a time he walked for, and he was never good with his math.

His ankles started to itch and the pads of his feet where getting sore. But it didn't bother him much, and the only real thing that disturbed him was a cut he got on her left wood from some debree that found its way along his path. Taking a deep sigh he reached up with his right hand rubbing at his face and his eyes before dropping his hand to his side and continued walking. Within minutes there where many passages that lead to his, and his map told him to start turning, so he did and followed the red markings, using the other tunnies as landmarks. Just then he stopped out of nowhere and lifted his head up. Fairing his nostrils he looked behind him, saw nothing. To the tunnel to his right, nothing aswell. Swearing her heard something he continued at a bit of a slower phase then before, this time with his ears erect and pointed behind him. What ever it was, he wasn't too sure if it was in front of him, or behind as the sewers messed with the sound too much.

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 12:39:05 AM »
The Mole was now in the sewers as well, scowering quietly through it. Just a few minutes ago he saw a tiger with large teeth walking past him. He kept quiet and said nothing.
Probably a Saber Tooth by the looks of it, he thought.  Or at least what I read in books, the only thing my master let me know about the real outside world...
He tried not to think about it anymore and decided to follow the other creature. He didn't know the way to go eitherway. A 'helping hand' would be nice.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 12:15:07 PM by Ventus Fall »

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 04:34:05 AM »
Kayato made her way through the sewers. The smell was horrid, he didn't even know why she followed what the not said. it was so unlike her character. she hated walking through the sludge and her overly sensitive nose made things so much worse. each breath felt like it was burning her nose and lungs. She did make sure to bring her cloak and had it draw over her head and padded her hoves so she made little to no sound with them.
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 12:47:26 AM »

Water vapor billowed off the steel flanks of the speeding railcar leaving a glittering comet-tail of ice droplets in its wake, swept away in the seething wind. Overhead a single rail suspended it, hollowed out to carry a chain, thick links of steel each the size of a man. The chain howled as it was pulled along through the rail, in turn dragging the single railcar. Flecked raindrops and hail spat against the speeding steel engine. Either side treetops sped past, blurring together into a stream of pine needles and branches.

Scale is a difficult thing to judge, but while the chain-rail was impressive, it paled in comparison to its brother, a great steel ribbon that curved over the horizon. Suspended above the dark tree tops on great pillars of concrete and steel cable. The rail hummed, mass-inertia drives inside constantly spinning to help accelerate the long distance trains at ferocious speeds. Stormswept clouds scudded overhead, pouring down another deluge of sleet and wind, buffeting the maintenance railcar as it raced between the cleared line of treetops below.

The crackling melody of Non je ne regrette rien echoed throughout the cramped interior of the railcar, music audible even over the clatter and shaking of the chain above. "Rosoyov, turn that down would you? Doing my head in, it is..." Rosoyov, a heavy-set, bear glanced across to the wildcat who spoke and reached over to the radio. After a moment the music lessened slightly, swaying back and forth in time with the shaking railcar. The two lines of similar workers sat strapped to benches down the carriage length, at its end a single seat occupied by a wolf. The black clean-cut uniform marked her out from the others, even without the species difference, in their jackets and overalls of khaki greys and brown, an officers cap pulled low over her brow. She sat watching the group of Slavs, grey eyes staring into the middle-distance as the chatter of the workers flowed thick and fast under the melody of the radio. The carriage shook again, and a screeching overhead followed by rapid deceleration as the drive chain slowed meant they neared the destination...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:03:50 AM by Kitt / Katka »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 01:10:51 AM »
The office was swelteringly hot. Well, the small, hidden room with the listening equipment was hot, anyway. Master did not permit Luke to feel cool air, unless in danger of heatstroke. Luke sat at the desk, the headphones over his lupine ears, listening to the political machinations of Master's enemies. As a level I, he had a greater-than-average intelligence. But, he had a knack for strategy and politics. A skill which Master took great advantage of.
As he was listening in, he was also checking records and security recordings of the facility, to make sure no anthro's were escaping. No one was dumb enough to do so, but even so, there might be some desperate enough to try...and get lucky.
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 02:47:25 AM »
Rachel watched the large saber tooth carefully.  In a fight, she'd lose more often than not, even with the size advantage in the confined space.  She stepped forward, knife still in hand.  "Who are you?"  Her voice was hoarse and quiet, rarely used.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 06:47:48 AM »
Dipping his head lightly he grunted softly from the tight space around him that was the sewers. The whole thing displeased him to no end, but he had to admit, it was one of the only way he would of even been able to move freely about, and be able to escape from the estate. Just as he was about to continue forward he heard it again, and snapped his head right just as a women came into view. On reflex he thought he was found out, that this whole plan was a ruse to see if he was loyal or not, to find a flaw in who he was...

With the distinctive rasp of steel on steel he drew his sword from his left hip, holding the blade in his right hand. The steel was a smooth polished silver with engravings along the entire blade. It was a true master piece and work of art, and yet sharp and tough enough to go through daily abuse, though he rarely used it with such force. Whipping his hand around he pointed the tip towards the women after seeing the glint of her dagger. But it was just then that her full image came into view, a furry, just like himself. Frowning his eyes would visibly dart about you, jumping from your face to your shoulders, your arms to your legs, your chest to then end back at your head. Lowering his sword some he tilted his head unsure what to make of this, but found her no threat to him, as far as he could tell.

"Lorenzo." Came the reply in a deep toned voice with a small German accent. Gripping the hilt of his sword he felt every ridge, every jewel, and every line of the leather/steel hilt, a feeling he knew very well. Jabbing in her direction with his saber he replied rather quickly saying, "And you, what are you doing here? You don't look like any sewer worker..."

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »
Suddenly he saw a second cat creature, which 'attacked' the sabre tooth.
Ratface thought it best if he stayed even farther away. You never know what will happen if they found a rat like himself.
He slowly and silently lowered himself in the sewer's water, to mask his scent for the cat creatures and perhaps others too in the nearby area. It was disgusting, but at least he could wash himself clean in his master's house.
Besides the smell, Ratface actually enjoyed the water and was an excellent swimmer. Perhaps it was in his nature to be so.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
"Everybody suit up, weather looks like it could turn freezing, so I dont want anybody out on that line shivering their tail off within in the hour..." Rosoyov stamped down the line of workers, heavy boots clanking on the steel-mesh floor panels of the carriage. The muffled howling of wind lashed the side of the railcar, clawing to find a way in around the shuttered windows and sealed door, the carriage rocked and shook as the chain above it screeched and ground to a halt. The railcar juddered and then fell still, silent now save a creaking and groaning as it rocked side to side and the dull hum of its engines.

For Katka, today was another day on the lines. A day the same as every other day had been since her indoctrination into the Department of Mass-Inertia Rail. She buckled up her jacket, checking straps on her harness and huffing a sigh. In front and either side of her the other workers pressed in close, the musty smell of sweat and heat all around. Towards the front, the lupine officer watched as Rosoyov checked down the line of workers, the nodded and spun the locking mechanism of the door. The steel hatch slid open, wind and sleet clawing its way in through the opening as the workers tramped out into the howling winds. Katka grimaced, pulling up her scarf over her muzzle and braced herself against the cold.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"