The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Blinded In Chains  (Read 54996 times)

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Roar. Return of a VanHellsing.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Water Dragon
  • Coloring: Silver-blue scales, purple hair with silver eyes
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slim but lithe
  • Currently: Kit's going through many transformations as an ice dragon X3
Blinded In Chains
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:20:48 PM »
--She stands alone, her ears twitching at every sound around her, and following certain sounds. She is unable to see and therefore must follow the sounds she is able to hear. What she doesn't hear is the gunshots fired from high up. A sniper with a silencer; she doesn't feel the bullets enter through her back and exit through her chest, but feels the excruciating pain that follows. She gasps, and falls to the ground. Sirens fill the air, and she's rushed to the E.R., only, it's too late to save her. Everything goes silent to her excelled ears.--

Jolting awake, Kitane breathes heavily, an echo of the pain flaring in her chest. Slowing her breathing, she gets up from the floor since she'd fallen out of her bed and walks to the kitchen. Blinking, she leaves the lights off, able to see clearly in the dark, since her irises are white. Turning the lights on would mean that she would only be able to see shadows, or black outlines of objects and people. Leaning on the counter, she looks out the window and sighed. Walking back to her room, she changes out of her night clothes and into her usual attire, closing her door and locking it as she makes her way back out to the living room. A slight shiver runs down the hybrid's spine as she walks towards the front door, reaching for it. Everyday she all most lives in fear that there's that same person to kill her again, take her away and bring her back to life after being injected with some sort of ancient being. Taking a deep breath, she pulls open the door, keeping a hand on the sword hilt at her side. Relaxing slightly, she closes the door, hearing several of the unseen automatic locks clang into place. She locks the last one herself, keeping the key tied to her belt. Stretching, she walks out to the street, nearly blending in with the people walking, except that they don't notice the sword at her belt, or the quiver of arrows at her back.
  • Signature art by: IrondaS - photobucket

Offline Jyynx

• Eager Elephant
  • Wolfmode (ON) OFF
    • Produce electronic and mixtapes, been DJing for about a year and half: my site below.
    • Awards
  • Species: Italian Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: About 190
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Gone Riding
Re: Blinded In Chains
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:55:38 PM »
*her story fades into another's*

In an old and well hidden monestary somewhere in Italy, an wolf cub sits in a pew row holding out light in his hands... His name is Moby and he is well known throughout the establishment for his skills in the mundane holy magic.  Though in his preteen years he is still very young for his fellow scholars.  The head priest walks down the isle and takes a seat in the empty church room next to the cub.
"I can feel a change in you my child" he says
Moby's light fades to a dark black and dis appears as he stares ahead, visible anger on his face.
"why am I here?  What have you done to me?" he demands and makes a small flinch.
"Moby, it is a mandated blessing you-" the priest began.
"NO.". Moby's word echoed throught the room.
"this is a curse- I shouldn't be here." he spoke solomnly.
The priest stands up and begins to walk away speaking confidently "I knew you fell to heresay, and those armor, ha!  The inquisition is no longer your only fear."

Three full grown paladins in brand new armor step into the dim room and unisonly approach the young boy.  Moby stands and allows his curse to flow throughout his body... He triples in size and his fur grew a dark black.  His eyes become a piercing red and he bashed his way through his combators.  He smashes his foot through ones skull as he rips another wolf in half.  He then deals a solid blow to the final's chest, lurching him into the statue of a saint...

Moby runs...

This was years ago and he now is in a city of some sort... Perhaps the same as kitane...

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 01:26:54 PM »
Running, that's all there is too it...
Faster and faster, through people, over obstacles and down platforms.
My shirt fluttering behind me as I run.
No point looking back, the old goggles keep the wind of the eyes...
Though the streets, buildings, unfamiliar lanes and memorised roads.
A concrete jungle filled with artificial light, smells and sound amplifed in my one good ear.
Those who persue never have a chance...
A sudden sharp turn to the right into an ally way.
A flash of orange.
Into the shadows, over the fence, onto the next street and into the light.
The single ray of sun passing through the thick clouds of pollution, the sky blue, tainted orange.
Taking off the battered goggles and slipping them into his satchel, pulling out a cap unfolding it onto his head with a brisk pace.
Time to stay low...
The park across the street.
Cars stopping for the change in the traffic light, a quick walk along the zebra crossing, a wall of green trees and a high fence with a single gate.
Here the air is fresh and I can think better.
The only place in the city I can feel safe.
My self-claimed bench on the hill, where there is a warm breeze and a view over the flowers, water fountain and entrance, untaken.
I jog up, sit down and marvel at how corruption has not yet reached this place, taking a moment to catch my breath.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »
Elizabeth groans in her sleep. she was sitting, restrained into a chair. They have removed her claws and put a muzzle over her face.  they were talking excitedly. Elizabeth hated them, she hated the men and women in the white coats. always doing tests, injecting her with sedatives. asking questions. to many questions. didn't they know that asking such things would eventually getthem killed? She looked to her left and saw the comforting outline of Aseria.

Quietly she mumbles, "Aseria... please.. help me get out of here... i.. i cant get free of this..."

The figures turn and then sit upon stools. one of them laughs. " Child why do you isn't upon talking to things that aren't here?" The other one laughs as well and then jeers. "come on now girl, show us how you escaped this set up in your room."

Elizabeth was tired of all of this, the jeering, teasing. all the  medications they are forcing her to take. she looks down then a slow smile  forms on her face. Darkly and in a deep voice Elizabeth states, "you want  to know how i got out? too bad after i do you are going to have to die." She chuckles a low demonic sound. "Aseria, lend me your death, Sorin, please your strength." Elizabeth suddenly goes lax and the two laugh.

"looks like you bluff child."

Elizabeth's voice is dark and sounds like multiple people talking. three, to be exact. her voice is laced in between that of Aseria's and Sorin's "you two had better run, unless you want to die." Elizabeth slips almost effortlessly out of the restraints popping them off the chair easily as she stands and yowls. The too orderlies  laugh.

"that is quite impressive, get the sedatives." he barks to the other. they quickly obey but when their back is turned, Elizabeth has picked up the first on and trows him against the wall cracking his skull.

"It would be best if you did not do that." Elizabeth practically sings. She quickly goes over to the other and  then decks him in the face breaking his nose and knocking him out. she raced down the halls and jumped through the window at the end of the hall tripping the alarm as she fell , she could feel aseria and sorin  leave her . she hits the ground hard and snaps awake her right knee throbbing.

"Not the best of memories... not the worst eather." she mumbles as she throws back her covers. she stands putting all of her weight on her left leg before grabbing her cane and throwing on a new set of clothes. a pair of black pants and a dark shirt. she quickly glances into the mirror and sighs at the shadows standing behind her. she fixes her hair and then walks out of her little shack in the woods and starts walking towards town. she needed to get more suplies.
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Jyynx

• Eager Elephant
  • Wolfmode (ON) OFF
    • Produce electronic and mixtapes, been DJing for about a year and half: my site below.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »
*several years after Mobys story*

Moby stands on a three story building watching the people go by on the busy street below.  He extends an arm, dragging his hand over all the people, feeling their auras.  They're moods and emotions all come to him as sounds and beats in this manner with his eyes shut.  He allows them to flow to them and plays around recreating songs as he wills.  He is currently composing "free bird" and is almost to the solo when one aura screeches aloud.  Wincing and stumbling back, Moby snaps his eyes open and looks over the edge again.  This time he sees the auras as light, many different colors for each individual person...  Except one radiating as a dark red light from a white tiger below. 

Making a hand motion, Moby pulls a piece of this to his hands and expands it, and reads it almost as a book.
(thinking to himself) "hmm... Fearful, cautious, and nieve- huh I like her already... And now what matter of darkness is this?  Vampirism... Hmm..."
Moby colapses the aura and turns to watch the tiger continueing to walk down the street amid the people... And continues to think-
"well were both wanted Individuals... Perhaps she knows of somewhere I can take safe homage from the inquisition... Or perhaps her tainted blood dosnt know of the inquisition... Might as well follow..."

Moby the turns and proceeds down the fire ladder into the alley way, singing the lyrics of "it's murder" by mayhem under his breath...  He then falls into line with the crowd keeping 40-50 Feet behind the tiger (kitane if u haven't caught on) keeping very special effort mentally, spiritually, and physically for her not to notice him.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:18:32 PM by Canadian Wolf »

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »
(Kitane's a snow leopard lol.)

With a quick flick of her ears, she shivers slightly, blinking several times at the shadowy outlines of the people around. She notices one of the shadowed figures reaching for something, but she just flattens her ears and keeps moving quickly. Both of her spaded tails sway uneasily behind her, since she figured there would be people lying in wait for her to leave the place she was staying for the day. Before she could hear the sound, she see's the blast from the muzzle of the gun. For a second, she stands frozen, unable to clear her train of thought until she could see the bullet. Time seems to slow down as she takes a step forward, dodging it by a slight inch. To anyone else, it looked like she disappeared for half a second, but luckily no one was really paying that much attention. Time speeds back up, and she looks around for the shooter, ready to go after him in a single heartbeat. Seeing nothing of who shot at her, she brings her ears back around forward, alert and ready for anything. Shivering slightly again, she can't help but feel like there's someone following her now. Looking over her shoulder, she shrugs, but the feeling doesn't go away.

Offline Jyynx

• Eager Elephant
  • Wolfmode (ON) OFF
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »
Unfortunately, Moby DID notice that change... And the bullet.
"Inquisitors!" he hissed under his breath.  After watching kitane's reactions, Moby concluded that she does not know who hunts her and decided to take it upon himself to save the snow leopard (I just knew I got it wrong the first time :/ )

Hastily walking Moby now has himself next to her and looks over, allowing his face under his hood to be seen- showing a lightened face with a wide grin- looking as if he knew Kitane personally.

"Oh Sarah!" he exclaims, before stopping Kitane- and continues talking before she had time to say thing.
"Gosh, it's been so long!" Moby then closes in and make what appears to be friendly hug before Kitane could react.  However with his right paw he digs his claws into just the right pressure points to bring her muscles and nerves limp, and keeps it there as he ends the "hug", but mumbles "those eyes..." as he looks at her face.

"So how have you been?" he says as he guides the leopard into dark alley way- away from prying eyes.  He leads her halfway down before helping her into a discarded lawn chair and releases his claws, only to cross his paws and lean on the wall across from her.
"Pray do excuse my informal greeting- but I believe we should really be introduced"

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 07:49:57 PM »
The distinct flutter of birds as they  take off, a bang in the distance.
The lessened hearing ability of the left ear hole has made the right one more sensitive.
To investigate further?
Those people will still be after me...
Rather stay put.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »

Feeling her muscles relaxing before she can react to the stranger who'd 'hugged' her, she closes her eyes slightly and lets a low growl emit from her throat. Jumping up from the chair, she snaps her fingers, forming a fireball in the palm of her hand. She closes her eyes for a second, keeping the fireball controlled so that it doesn't lash out. Opening her eyes again, she can see clearly than she could out in the sunlight. She raises an eyebrow to this stranger, keeping the fireball down to a dim candlelight so that she can still see clearly in the darkness of the alley. "Yeah. Who in the hell are you?" She asked, snarling just slightly, her eyes glowing near silver.

Offline Jyynx

• Eager Elephant
  • Wolfmode (ON) OFF
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 08:55:26 PM »
Through all of it, Moby does not move, let alone flinch at her actions.  He chuckles as he flashes his fangs back at her
"you vampires are always the same, with the quick to action and what not...  Ah but no signora, I believe we are both in the position, no?  Granted you do know who's after us, correct?"
With this he pushes Kitane slightly to give himself some room.

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 10:30:17 PM »
"The same? I act the same as other vampires do?" She grunts, standing a little farther away after being pushed. Shaking her head, she clenches her fist and growls slightly. "I don't know who's after me, or why. I just know that they killed me and made me into the un-dead. A hybrid." She says, extinguishing the fire in her palm. "Why? Do you know?" She asked, hoping to get at least some information out of him.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:32:13 PM by Kitane »

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
Elizabeth stands on the outskirts of the town leaning heavily on her cane. i hate walking in crouds. she thought to herself. Aseria growls in a laughing manner. Elizabeth cant help but smile as well. "you are right. get in, out then we can get going." she walks down along the sidewalk ignoring everyone only listening to what the others were whispering to her.
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Jyynx

• Eager Elephant
  • Wolfmode (ON) OFF
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 10:56:44 PM »
Moby looks at Kitane a little puzzled, but overall interested
"made you into....". His face turns to a smirk as he laughs
"you take me for a fool?  The only way you could be brought back to life after an infusion is if..."
Moby's voice trailed away as his train of thought turned to something else.

Moby shakes his head in frustration, and mumbles:
"no... No... No.  That was... No not possible..."
He turns and looks down the alley way, his ears twitching under his hood.
"we've been here too long the sniper has probably repositioned- we need to go somewhere safe... Look I'll answer your questions but we need to go somewhere..."
He turns to face her, eyes faintly glowing red "and I don't know much of this city..."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:58:55 PM by Canadian Wolf »

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »
Her pupils narrow to slits as he starts to laugh at what she told him, clenching her paws. As she does, fire flares out from them, lashing out at anything that comes within a few inch radius. Raising an eyebrow as he starts to mumble on about being brought back to life after being infused and she relaxes her clenched fists. Twitching her ears to what he says, she pulls up the collar on her onyx black duster and grabs the sunglasses residing within her pocket. Realization hits and she makes a slight 'Aha!' exclamation. "Of course.. That's how they found me.." She whispers to herself. With her eyes glowing a bright white, she puts the sunglasses on and nods to him. "Of course." She says. "But first, your name." She says, slightly wary but holding out her paw anyways.

Offline Jyynx

• Eager Elephant
  • Wolfmode (ON) OFF
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 11:41:44 PM »
"ah!" Moby exclaims and his false American accent is quickly covered up by a natural, very thick Italian one
"perdonami signora! I forget my manners!  I, my fellow hunted, an Moby Da'Altitora da'Roy". And with that he shakes her paw very confident and trustingly
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:44:17 PM by Canadian Wolf »