The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shadow Spear (Modern-day Military RP)  (Read 4206 times)

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
Re: Shadow Spear (Modern-day Military RP)
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 06:46:03 PM »
"Aye, no' bad," remarked the horse dismissively as the raccoon picked up the PDW. "It'll do yeh fer now until we get back ta th' ship. Right," he asserted. "Let's regroup and then get ready to go back in there an' find out what those bastards are up to. Check yer mags, take some water, and smoke 'em if yeh got 'em" he addressed the group, "and then let's breach an' enter. Five minutes, lads. See if yeh can scrounge up some more ammo fer than an' all," he added to Ray, pointing to the MP7. "I reckon we've nay seen th' last of the shootin".
The horse laid his rifle don't a moment, and pulled a pack of smokes from a pouch on his vest, lighting one from a battered zippo light as he sat down, before reloading the M203, the empty casing for a grenade clattering to the ground. He followed suit with his rifle, before sitting down and finishing off the cigarette.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:50:20 PM by SilverwindBlade »
A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Different hues of grey
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 213 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Thinking too much.
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 01:22:38 AM »
Ben goes on his knee behind the sandbags and watches the door while the medic fixed the coon up. I see that he stands back up I motion for him after he picks up the mp7 "give me my m9 back" I say sternly still keeping my M4 pointed at the door ready for anything that comes through

I hear ray shout out to load up and smoke up, I laugh lightly and top off my M4 mag then pull out a pack and put a cigarette in my mouth an light it with a match, I throw the match to the ground and let out a puff of smoke, and smile a bit
  • Signature art by: N/A

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 07:58:28 PM »
A half-hour or so later, Ryan flicked the butt of his cigarette away, the cherry glowing as it tumbled through the air and to the ground. Crumpling up the remains of his ration pack and shoving them into his pack, he stood up.
"A'reet you lot, look alive. We've had a nice sit down and a bite of grub, and now it's time to get on with work. Thoughtfully, command 'ave sent us a few more warm bodies to make up the numbers." he gestured to a tall, powerfully built female badger and a smaller and much more slender Coyote. Both were attired as the rest of the squad, in their full combat gear and carried weapons. The Badger held an H&K MG4 light machine-gun, while the Coyote held an FN-P90 SMG lightly in both hands.
"This is Sabine Dachs, from the German KSK and Riley Locke of Canada's JTF2. They'll be joining us on operations, and have the same training, background and expertise as th' rest of yeh. So, they've earned their place here, an' we can use their help, right?"
The pair nodded, while Ryan picked up his weapon once more.
"A'right," Ryan continued. "Here's the situation - The tunnel complex we were set to breach has been cleared out by the US Marines. However, there's still another holdout on the far side of the island. The conventional forces have them pinned in there right now, but it's no gonnae take 'em long to either escape, or chew up the Marines gettin' in fer long eno' fer 'em tae burn wha'ever info they've gae in there anyways. So, it's up to us ta get in there an' show those wee tossers that it's no nice to keep guests waitin'. The complex is at the far end of the island, and recon's identified what looks like there might be an entrance underwater, through a submerged dock. We're to infiltrate via this area, swimming in. Then we'll both recover any hard drives with data, and additionally set charges to cripple their fuel and ammunition stocks to let the forces outside get in. Th' MO this time gonnae be smooth and silent, lotsa creepin' around in th' dark and bein' quiet. There's gonna be a lot more'a them then us, an' I fer one dinnae feel like seein' any morea ye get yesselfs hurt, a'reet? So, gather yer crap, and we'll be takin' a ride back ta the boat".
The thunder of rotor blades coming in close by filled the air, along with a sudden dust-storm as a Twin Huey touched down, lights flashing and engines running. Waving them on, Ray hurried the team aboard, before seating himself on the edge of the cabin, booted hooves resting on the skids.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 08:08:15 PM »
Ray loads into the chopper, keeping a firm hand on the MP7. "Is this a bad time to mention that I hate closed spaces?" He chuckles, looking at the rest of the squad. "Just kidding, I grew up at the controls of a Bradley.  Small spaces make for dangerous places, though." Ray checks his pack, moving the small welding kit and demo charges worriedly. "I hope I brought that water proof stuff, though.  Ah, yes I did.  RXD, never leave base without it, right sir?"  He digs around the charges, finds a waterproof match, and places it between his teeth, gnawing worriedly.

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 08:58:49 PM »
"We're nae gaen' straight inta th' water, mate," Ryan yelled, leaning closer to be heard over the sound of the choppers engines and the rotors. With the cabin door open, it was a hell of a din. "Like I said, we're gaen' back ta th' ship first. My combats aren't exactly waterproof, and I cannae hold me breath fer that long neither, bein' a smoker an all. Nae ta mention we all need ta restock ammo an' all, and draw our gear fer a sneaky-beaky assault, like, rather than th' all out door-kickin' approach we taken so far, eh?"
He slapped the other man on the back lightly. "Nae worry about the whirlybird tho, we'll be there in a minute!"
He pointed out the flat-topped shape of the Landing Ship; the USS Wasp, that they had embarked from barely a few hours before. As then, it was running with full lights on. A handful of the aircraft had recovered to her deck, while others were running casualty evac and resupply missions off of the deck as the huey swung in for a landing toward the rear of the ship.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:00:34 PM by SilverwindBlade »

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Different hues of grey
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 213 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Thinking too much.
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2014, 12:30:21 AM »
I sit quietly at the back of the chopper and check my gear a bit making sure I didn't forget anything then I remember I forgot my M9 back at the sandbags
I think to myself "I'll find another one"
I look at the two new members of SPEARHEAD thinking of the fears they may have completed.
"So ya think I'll be able to get a boot knife back on the boat" I say laying my M4 across my lap then taking my helmet off.
  • Signature art by: N/A

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2014, 12:57:50 AM »
Ray looked out at the boat. "Ah...home away from home.  Right *I tap Ben on the shoulder* I owe you a Beretta, right?  Follow me, when we get debriefed, I'll get it." He stares, dreamlike, at the ship, recalling the first time he got deployed. "I wonder...hey, sir? Do we have any submersibles? SDV's, sleds, exo's?  I never took in the inventory before we left."  Ray removed his helmet, looked at the back, and chuckled. "Demolition is my mission.  Gotta love the 36th."

huntgio

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 05:37:32 AM »
Spear please welcome your new officer, 1st lieutenant Urani. He is a green beret and a pilot.