The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fight Against Darkness  (Read 15181 times)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
Re: Fight Against Darkness
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2012, 02:55:06 PM »
Tabitha smiled pleasantly.  "Of course Jacob.  He will have no problem staying outside, will you Gyrus?"  Gyrus grinned.

"Of course my lady.  I'll be in the back."  Without another word he walked around the building, twirling his knife.  Tabitha motioned Elizabeth follow her as she headed in with Jacob.

She adjusted her dress and hung her cloak on the hook as Elizabeth closed the door behind them.  "Now then Jacob.  I believe I need your assistance."

(Cif, you just contradicted yourself several times.  I'll put the reasons in OOC.)
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2012, 09:21:24 PM »
Elizabeth hurries in doing as she is told and closes the door. she looks around with a slight smile upon her face. she always felt relaxed in homes.

(sorry it is not too long....))
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2012, 12:03:02 AM »
Jacob holstered his blade as he took a few steps into his home. "Oh, so it's more than just nightly companionship." He chuckled, his footsteps silent despite the metal greaves he wore. "Is the nature of the assistance magical, or do you require my strength?" He then turned to Elizabeth. "There is a couch in the room on your left, it sits six to seven people, so you'll have enough room to sleep on it. Also, there is enough heat in this house to not require a blanket."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:43:47 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2012, 03:26:46 AM »
*max quietly started a fire for jackal* you know, blood blades have their flaws,  as do most others, but that is normally the smiths foult, not the blade's. nightscar over there, onlu has one flaw, and he hates how simple it is. but his brothers cover his flaw. and when used in harmony they become a weapin of unmatched power. *he finished with the fire and sat a metal tray above it to heat up*
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2012, 12:22:55 PM »
Elizabeth quickly looks down, and shifts the oddly shaped bundel. "miss where should i put this....?" she hoped she did not get slaped for asking. Tabitha was alredy in a bit of a mood. Elizabeth hated it when she got like this. she could be totally unpredictable.
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Tabitha motioned her toward the other room.  "Take the child out and put her in a sitting position.  We'll be working on her soon."  She turned to Jacob again, smiling.  "Sadly, we'll have to wait a bit for fun Dear.  I need your help with this child.  An experiment if you will."

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2012, 01:57:25 PM »
Elizabeth hurries off and finds an old wood chair and sits danny in it then unraps the blanket from around her . "come on get up.... wakey wakey...."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »
Jacob, despite having no eyebrows, was able to arch his brow noticeably at the notion of an experiment. "An unusual request indeed. Is this an infusion, fusion, or augmentation?" He put a fist under his jaw as he thought a little more. "Testing a new drug, poison... technique? There is much you can experiment with, dear Tabitha."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
*max quietly started a fire for jackal* you know, blood blades have their flaws,  as do most others, but that is normally the smiths foult, not the blade's. nightscar over there, onlu has one flaw, and he hates how simple it is. but his brothers cover his flaw. and when used in harmony they become a weapin of unmatched power. *he finished with the fire and sat a metal tray above it to heat up*
Jackal nodded. "I know that. My dagger's flaw is that it can't harm women or children... which, by the way, I'm perfectly okay with..." He frowned. "Although that's gonna be a problem if we have to fight that snake... she was CLEARLY a woman." The cat sat in silence for a minute, simply thinking about things, when all of a sudden, he looked up at Max. "Wait... you're a swordsman, right? You could teach me how to use different techniques... to become more effective! I'll even train wit hyou using my father's... oh right..." Jackal shrugged. "Alright, well first I have to get it back... shouldn't be too hard, I can probably just take it from him while he's sleeping... after I find him, that is. But THEN... perhaps you could teach me?"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:24:38 AM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2012, 03:14:29 AM »
no. *he spoke the word bluntly, not even bothering to soften it* it would take years of hard work to get you to forget everything you know about handaling a blade, teach you how to move, teach you how to think, teach you how to survive, then i would have to try and teach you the stances, then and only then would i be able to teach you how to use a blade. *looks over jackal and then back at the fire* i don't think you'd even be able to get us to a place where i could train you. and honestly, my fighting style wouldn't suit you.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2012, 01:24:05 PM »
"Anything you want really.  The first is fusion though.  I want to know that we can use darkness to control the minds and bodies of others.  Of course, torture is a second option if it doesn't work.  Test whatever you want on her though."  The smile never left her face.  "When you finally grow tired of her, I could contribute one of the poisons I carry.  Melts the flesh from the bones."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel slowly opened her eyes, head spinning.  She felt like she was constantly being pricked and poked and burned.  Her shaking only made it worse.  "Where am I?"

(Cif, I'd like to remind you that your fight style is hand to hand combat, not sword play.  I'd prefer you either changed it and alerted me or used it throughout the roleplay.  Daggers can make sense in hand to hand, but it still begs the question why you wouldn't use the form of fighting you wrote down.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:47:58 PM by Aldrea945 »

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »
"good you are up.. i am seriously sorry about the misses... i really am but looks like we are going to have a bit of fun with you.." Elizabeth smiles a bit. "you really should not have been nosey. we would have loved to have you in our group but it looks like she has other plans for you..."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
Jacob felt a tightness in his chest when she uttered 'darkness', but remained silent until she finished talking. Then he let out a sigh as he leaned against the wall. He wanted to outright smack her for even trying to use the darkness for such a petty reason, but he also felt excited to wield such a dangerous force. Jacob soon felt all the previous tension leave his mind as a soft chorus sang inside his mind.

"What you ask for is a domination through magic, which would be a modification to the mind. A fusion using darkness is very dangerous for all involved, especially if it's a living body I'm dealing with." He said calmly, then gained a smile of his own as he got off the wall. "I could have provided a dinner theater, but you caught me in the middle of my studies."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:39:01 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »
no. *he spoke the word bluntly, not even bothering to soften it* it would take years of hard work to get you to forget everything you know about handaling a blade, teach you how to move, teach you how to think, teach you how to survive, then i would have to try and teach you the stances, then and only then would i be able to teach you how to use a blade. *looks over jackal and then back at the fire* i don't think you'd even be able to get us to a place where i could train you. and honestly, my fighting style wouldn't suit you.
Jackal looked down at his boots, cogitating deeply. Then, after ten seconds had passed, he looked up at Max and opened his eyes, a serious look on his face. "And you called me stupid. That's a laugh." He chuckled. "You think your life is tough? I got thrown out on the streets at an early age with no one but myself. I had to adapt quickly to survive. And now I'm talking to you... nine years later." The cat's eyes burned intensely. "You're talking like someone who thinks he knows the streets... WHICH YOU DON'T... and someone who thinks that they're unbeatable... which, let's face it, no one is." He stared out the window. "Besides, I don't even want to use it in battle again. That stuff about wanting to use it in battle was a test for you... which you failed." He looked back at max. "I carry it for a different purpose."

(Hey, he's a "street rat". They do that kinda stuff.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:25:15 AM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2012, 09:24:26 PM »
Cif stick to youre character sheet...... You are going to end up getting kicked out for not listening to aldrea. This is her rp listen to her and please follow your character sheet. Or I am going to have to start being nasty and  not as nice as I have been beeing final warning about not listening to aldrea.)

Elizabeth sits on the floor in front of the chair watching Dannyy gather her wits.