The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: your creations/projects!  (Read 5665 times)

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always right? You're doing something wrong!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark grey-blue, with a nice grey streak
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Aliens!
your creations/projects!
« on: January 21, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
As per discussion with another member-I'm making this thread for everyone to post pics of projects, past or present.

its pretty simple, anything you've created or built, post about it, and if you can, post a pic or pics! :D

If its made of Legos, post it!
If it's made of old magazines, newspapers, and confetti, post it!
If its a really cool powerpoint presentation, post it! (and do a bit of explaining please :P )
If its a cool undertaking of some sort that you think we'll find interesting, post it!

All of you non-artists, now is your chance to show off! do it! xD

I was going to post pics/details of my really cool 11th grade science fair, but I'm still looking for them, oh well! Another day! 

So, I'll start off with my most recent project:

the rebuild of my 88' Toyota Supra engine.

bought this back at the end of last school year, just to have the engine blow up on me a month or so later, but instead of scrapping it, I took the hard road...and it took all my moneyz.

I did all of this myself, most without help, and I'm damn proud of it!
I could list the specs of everything, but that seems sorta monotonous.

as it sits today, literally:

Don't leave me hanging guys! leme see what you've done! :D
"if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer"
- Neil Tyson

"When I told my father I wanted to be a physicist, he said, ‘Hell no, you ain’t going to work in a drug store.’ I said no, not a pharmacist. I said, ‘Like Einstein.’ He poked me in the chest with a piece of plumbing pipe. ‘You ain’t going to be no engineer,’ he said. ‘You’re going to be Einstein.’"
-Leonard Susskind
:'D those sorts of things make me smile.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
~negotiator~

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
Re: your creations/projects!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 10:03:10 AM »
Nice work sir! Was meaning to ask if you rebuilt the engine for any particular reason.

I spend a bit of time working(playing) on cars but nothing I'd really call a project, however, if I find a good '90/91 Subaru Legacy it will be a different story.
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 02:26:13 PM »
I'm making a Guitar Hero game in VB.net, Wish I could show you pictures but my IDE has stopped working for some reason >.>

Amazing work on the car BTW, that's very impressive! :D
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 03:38:06 PM »
Time to go get that computer/camera cord...
Because have I got some stuff to show YOU.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »
I made this shelf in shop class several years ago. It is hanging above my computer desk in this picture.

• Signature art by: Puncia

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 03:42:40 AM »
thanks guys!

and nice shelf there, I actually wanted to make a couple of those years back, but never got around to it  :/

I'm making a Guitar Hero game in VB.net, Wish I could show you pictures but my IDE has stopped working for some reason >.>

Amazing work on the car BTW, that's very impressive! :D

gotta get some pics man! post em as soon as you get it working again!

back in high school, a friend and I worked on making a game in Qbasic-based entirely off the DS/G.B.-advance game called "advance wars" (a turn based RTS)

needless to say, it ended up only half working, we could move the units around the screen, and even were able to attack-sometimes. Qbasic really wasn't a good language for that :P

Nice work sir! Was meaning to ask if you rebuilt the engine for any particular reason.

I spend a bit of time working(playing) on cars but nothing I'd really call a project, however, if I find a good '90/91 Subaru Legacy it will be a different story.

thanks!
and yeah, specifically, the head-gasket blew. Which is a common problem with these cars. :/

Hope you manage to find one!
"if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer"
- Neil Tyson

"When I told my father I wanted to be a physicist, he said, ‘Hell no, you ain’t going to work in a drug store.’ I said no, not a pharmacist. I said, ‘Like Einstein.’ He poked me in the chest with a piece of plumbing pipe. ‘You ain’t going to be no engineer,’ he said. ‘You’re going to be Einstein.’"
-Leonard Susskind

~negotiator~

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 04:21:06 AM »
Well, I can't post them here, so I'll be uploading them to my deviantART profile and then posting the LINKS here.
Okay, here's the first one!
http://jynxirironsoul.deviantart.com/art/Battle-Sequence-Part-1-of-82-280832758
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 04:30:28 AM »
Nice lego crafting! How long did those take you? :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 04:45:16 AM »
Well... I'm not quite sure, actually.
The one that's second to the right took me the better part of the new verson of that "Klaatu Barada Nikto" movie that I can't remember the name of...
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL! Yeah, that's it...
Anyway... here's the next one!
http://jynxirironsoul.deviantart.com/art/Battle-Sequence-Part-2-of-81-280836391

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 05:57:48 AM »
cool man! :D took some time to do all those I'm sure, I remember what it's like haha. The one that's in the upper right looks pretty cool!
- Neil Tyson

-Leonard Susskind

~negotiator~

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 06:20:25 AM »
Ah, that one...
One of my favorites, actually. I reversed the Indiana Jones plane and then added my own personal touch there, i.e. the elongated nose.

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 06:24:51 AM »
I especially like the way the squirrel is sitting like a general at the back of your first scene. :D
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 06:35:53 AM »
Thanks.  XD
Didn't plan it that way, but you're right, he does.
Altough actually, the general is the guy standing directly in front of the camera.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 09:14:01 PM »
Engineer's bicycle I made this on Garry's Mod. It's actually an invisible car made from various props.

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 10:43:50 PM »
Well I suppose I can talk about Project BONESETTER but it has, FYI, been suspended due to budget concerns :/
BONESETTER (which recieves its name because my database, being entirely flawwed, requires a one-word capitalised project title >.>) is my CLSS Combat Life Support System.
Now lets see if I can explain this *scratches head* without pictures or getting too far into the technical details xD

CLSS [BONESETTER] manifests itself as an undersuit designed to fit underneath Class 3 body armor comprising of three subunits. The first is a series of sensors/actuators arrayed as a skintight web/membrane system. Each membrane exists as a coagulant pack and each "thread" of the web senses lacerations. If, for example, a light lacerations is detected the unit will close the wound. If however, a deeper wound, such as a gunshot, is detected the coagulant is partially neutralised and then a discharge causes the newly-formed bandage to harden. This closes the wound to outside infection without denying access from medical personnel.
The second unit is the cardiovascular module. It operates as a series of [oh what are they called... They cut off blood flow to a certain area. Usually made of cloth... Very simple OH you know what I mean >.>] which deny blood flow to an area if a "gunshot"-type would is discovered, where applicable. It also includes an andrenaline drip and chest-compression device for use in emergency.
- Andrenaline drip may also be initiated remotely.
The final module is the battery/computer set. It's quite literally what the name suggests; Molded packs that contain the batteries as well as a general computer that commands the other subunits. It also includes a "dead-drop" GPS beacon and an alert system design to call field personnell atention to the wounded.

Yup that's project [M1] out of a current series of 15. It's also one of my favorites. :D
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!