The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: your creations/projects!  (Read 5685 times)

Offline Jinx Leven

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • derpity derp
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Peregrine falcon mix
  • Coloring: dark and light gray
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 180 lb
  • Build: average
  • Currently: On vacation in Ocean City
Re: your creations/projects!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 01:38:23 AM »
if you could get a working prototype and it being cheap enough to give to soilders you could sell it to the military and be a billionaire
  • Avatar by: Manncowmoo (forgot to update lol and im not sure if i spelt it right)

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 03:24:01 PM »
almost done my pic ill show yall soon
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »
if you could get a working prototype and it being cheap enough to give to soilders you could sell it to the military and be a billionaire

That's the idea, my friend xD Unfortunately it requires some rather advanced equipment to manufacture at any reasonable cost. So putting it out could be a laborious and very delayed process xD
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Jinx Leven

• Chatty Cheetah
  • derpity derp
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Peregrine falcon mix
  • Coloring: dark and light gray
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 180 lb
  • Build: average
  • Currently: On vacation in Ocean City
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »
I wish i could help you there but sadly i cannot
  • Avatar by: Manncowmoo (forgot to update lol and im not sure if i spelt it right)

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 09:10:57 PM »
Most cannot. I'm actually designing the machine that makes them as we speak xD I'm for customisation of equipment. Modularity only goes so far IMO
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Strike

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Collie/German Shepherd
  • Height: 5' 9"
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 05:37:54 AM »
I started to build a Tesla coil in 2003 but I never finished it. During my free time freshman year of college I started reading more about Tesla coil design and construction. I built it over the course of the summer in 2008. Worked the first time too. Ha! Over the years it hasn't changed much. I've only made little changes and additions.

This is how it appeared in 2008:

Since then I've replaced the original saltwater capacitors (in the yellow bin) and made two new toroids (the silver thing on top).

Run about two weeks ago:

The arcs in this picture are only 24" or so. The whole thing consumes about 1kw of power, less than your average hairdryer.

I like the loud arcs, I like the entire design, construction, and troubleshooting process, I like how somewhat simple materials can be put together in the right way to make mini-lightning, and I like that it's based on century old technology. lol
Less is only more where more is no good.
                                   -Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 05:53:51 AM »
Sweet.
Something that I enjoy doing is making my own Lego figures. And I don't mean just the usual configurations. The arms can be switched if you're careful.

When I finally have the time, I'll upload more of those images to deviantART.

However, right now, my main priority should be sleep.
Good night.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »
Ah I love tesla coils :D
I'm working on a project (my Directed Electromagnetic Field Generator) which uses a similar process in the preliminary stages.

And I totally agree on your point with materials. It's always funny how on their own they are so limited... But with a little help, a little desgin... The possibilities are endless.
- Sjin

Offline Hunter_

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Currently: What're YOU looking at?
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »
Im drawing on PC's, like littarly (WTF spelling) ON PC's, and making em look awsome :P

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »
Well I now have an interesting project to work on thanks to a friend. He has a Vauxhall (Opel) Corsa hatchback, which he wants converted to a pick-up to take his quad. :D

So today we got cutting his car up. (which I really enjoyed because I HATE Vauxhalls).

Before.
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z413/Luggz694/DSCF4383.jpg

After.
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z413/Luggz694/DSCF4397.jpg

The first stages on the new bulkhead. Still in a rough state to be smoothed off welded properly and painted.
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z413/Luggz694/DSCF4405.jpg

But that isn't all we are doing, we are also converting it to rear wheel drive. Which will require building a tunnel for the new propshaft and moving the fuel tank, changing the gear box and running gear.
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Always right? You're doing something wrong!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark grey-blue, with a nice grey streak
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Currently: Aliens!
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
dude. that. is. AWESOME!!!!

what an endeavor!

what kind of motor are you going to be using to make it rear wheel drive and all? Seeing as the current one is likely designed for FWD.
that's quite some fabrication that's gonna be required no? I mean, you might have to relocate stuff in the engine bay, and make new engine mount locations-maybe move the radiator...build the transmission tunnel...all that.
:O
I'd love to see the finished RWD result though. PLEASE! :D
"if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer"
- Neil Tyson

"When I told my father I wanted to be a physicist, he said, ‘Hell no, you ain’t going to work in a drug store.’ I said no, not a pharmacist. I said, ‘Like Einstein.’ He poked me in the chest with a piece of plumbing pipe. ‘You ain’t going to be no engineer,’ he said. ‘You’re going to be Einstein.’"
-Leonard Susskind
:'D those sorts of things make me smile.

~negotiator~

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 09:26:15 PM »
Well my friend used to be a coach builder so fabrication is no bother however the reposition of the fuel tank could be an issue. Currently it sits across the width of the car where our prop will be. T_T

The engine can remain as is. Its a 2ltr turbo all we need to do is get a new gearbox (type 9) and bellhousing, for the running gear we can use the RWD Calibra stuff since the only differance is the gearbox as already mentioned. :)

It's also getting a roll cage from front struts to rear struts so the dash is also getting ripped out.

It will be a long project but will hopefully be ready in a few months time.

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 03:59:08 AM »
My current project:

Is my mountain bike....

i've recently repainted and rebuilt the front forks...(they used to be white)

Brand new pink handlebars too! as well as brand new tires, same as what I got now but current ones are worn.

And here's my bike currently...with the back up forks on it....I'd rather keep these forks...but 1) the're  a bit heavy 2) they don't have the kind of adjustment i'm wanting (which is what my other fork has)

they have been lowered though.... because the fork angle/rake  was too much/steep for the frame I have and I was at risk of snapping the headtube(Where the fork attaches onto the bike frame)

here's what it looked like before adjusting the forks.Notice how they look"longer"

When the weather is decent again,I’ll be stripping all the parts off the frame and sanding it downto repaint it….I wouldsandblast the frame…but it’s aluminium and unless it’s set up properly…paint won’t stick to it very well..so I’m just sanding it by hand to get rid of the clear coat on it and rough up the paint under neath and to feather out and paint scratches/scuffs/blemishes that are already in the paint…and there’s quite a few. No not from crashes…just from riding, as well as cable rub, it’s only a cheap frame…($100 or so for just the frame…nothing else)

I’ll be painting it Plum Purple…..similar to the ever popular Plum Crazy purple of the Hemi Cuda.

And it’ being an  Iron Horse brand bike…..I’m nicknaming it Twilight Sparkle, because it’ll be purple and pink

And I've put about $1,000 worth of parts in to it in to it this year….but never paid that much..I only paid about $450 some thigns I Bought used and some thigns I bought new….and got one hell of a deal on the new stuff.(Used stuff was a great deal too :P)

Rear shock: “Fox Float RP3”  Paid $100 -used/almost new (Worth $300 new)

Hydraulic Disc Brakes: “Avid Juicy 5s” Paid $190 –used/almost new  (Worth $400 new)

Cranks and BB: “Race Face Evolve XC” Paid $120 -new (Worth $300) (got them on sale new in box)

Handlebars: “RaceFace Deus (pink)” Paid $30 (new) (Worth $60) (got on sale)

and my basement seems to be warm enough to paint...I'll just put on a respirator when I do it, it being a confined space and all..

This bike isalways a work in Progress...as I"m always changing some part on it....but it's almost perfect....new chain is all I need

and when I get a job, I plan on building another bike up...

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Always right? You're doing something wrong!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark grey-blue, with a nice grey streak
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Currently: Aliens!
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 04:22:00 AM »
very cool man! :D

you know way more about bikes than I probably ever will xD

I take it you bike a lot :P
"if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer"
- Neil Tyson

"When I told my father I wanted to be a physicist, he said, ‘Hell no, you ain’t going to work in a drug store.’ I said no, not a pharmacist. I said, ‘Like Einstein.’ He poked me in the chest with a piece of plumbing pipe. ‘You ain’t going to be no engineer,’ he said. ‘You’re going to be Einstein.’"
-Leonard Susskind
:'D those sorts of things make me smile.

~negotiator~

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 04:31:41 AM »
Twightlight Sparkle is looking impressive. Just looking at these photos is making me wish I hadn't got rid of my bike (altough you are far more serious about it than me) but it got to the point where it rarely was used and I wasn't really fit enough.

Do you compete or is it all just for fun? (or both I suppose)