The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 24XX  (Read 5080 times)

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
Re: 24XX
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 05:33:37 PM »
Katayida peered cautiously around the city, small disturbances seemed to be a common thing, but seeing lush parts of the city was also very alluring to the equine. She spotted a crowd of humans who appeared to be in similar height as her, and she decided it was time to blend in as much as possible so she could avoid one of those small disturbances. As she walked along with them through the city streets a small human girl looked up at her, after noticing her hooves. She was holding her Mother's hand, and then grasp onto it with both hands tugging just a bit. The Mother looked down at her child who pointed at Kay, and the child's mother pulled her away quickly. Katayida nervously pulled her backpack up on her shoulders and kept moving, now wishing that she had brought something with a hood to cover her head. Maybe at least something to hold her ears down, and make her less noticeable as an anthro. There was no hiding her hooves though, they didn't make shoes for horses that weren't made of some sort of metal, mostly left-over titanium deposits, which Kay wanted none of. At least, no one had convinced her they were important thus far.

Noticing a small merchant booth tended by a seated cloaked being, she cut through the crowd making her way to the booth. "We don't have any" a raspy male voice said from under a deep hood. Katayida was confused, "but I didn't ask for anything..." A hand was raised from beneath the booth to shoo her away, but Kay noticed flecks of black fur sticking out from under the sleeve, another anthro, she thought. "Look at me" Kay's voice shook slightly, and the hooded shadowed figure moved his head up just a few inches. A set of green glowing eyes opened only slightly, and the figures head tilted back downward. "You fool," the mysterious anthro said "if the guards don't get you, a corrupt human will." He warned her sternly, "you need to find shelter, and rest...." he paused looking back up at her for only a moment, "you only carry a walking stick?" Kay looked down at her left hand where she was gripping onto the wrapped portion of her staff tightly, "I have a pocket knife as well." The mysterious figure shook his head which was still tilted down in order to conceal his face under shadows."You have come to Sanctuary for a reason, I suspect?"he asked her in a flat tone. The grey mare toyed with her bracelet again, feeling it's grooves and the inscription, "I made a promise."
The figure hunched over and she could hear some things clanging around in a cabinet under his booth returning back, and reaching his arm out to her again. His claws were filed incredibly short, but she could tell he was some kind of canine. He handed her a piece of folded paper,"put that away. Read it later. For now you must go find a place to rest. The day is coming."He pointed to his right, and then motioned a bit to the left."There's a motel two blocks down and in an alley to left, it's run by humans, but they are very friendly, or greedy, I haven't decided yet. In the mean time, I recommend getting yourself a hood, and a better weapon....you'll need it here if you want to survive. Now go." Katayida placed the folded paper into her coat pocket, and nodded in thanks to the mystery anthro. She slipped back into another crowd of people, and then ducked into the alley that she was told to go to. Opening the front door she was greeted by a human."Hello, may I help you?"a kind face said to her, but she noticed that the human female couldn't help, but stare at her ears. "I need a room," Katayida said to her. The woman handed her two gold keys on a ring, "12b", was on the tag. "Pay or trade, when you leave"the woman said. Kay nodded, and walked in the direction of her room. Upon entering she bolted the door, and threw her backpack onto the bed. Taking off her coat she grabbed the folded piece of paper. She sat on the bed staring at the floor for a moment, and then unfolded the paper, it had an address, a date, and a time on it. She refolded it sitting it down on her night stand before closing her eyes for some much needed rest.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:35:21 PM by Katayida »
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 12:20:44 AM »
Meredith pushed her way through the crowded, she was filling a bit woozy, she hadn't eaten in a while. When in the city, she trusted very little places for food, being such an eye catching women, she had to watch out for all kinds of things. In the center of town she found the store she was looking for, it was a "Dr. Fiend" store, one of the few franchise in the world.
  "Hello" a android man greeted her as she entered, ", can I help you?"
  "The sum of the square root of a square is X" There was a silence as the android processed the words it had heard.
  "One 011011 coming right up" The android smiled before going in the back. In about a minute an old man came down along with the android.
  "Well I'll be, if it isn't little oh Meredith." The human was balding and had a come over, his voice was ruff like a smokers.
  "Hello Doctor, its been a long time." Her hard faced melted as she finally felt as if she could let up her rough physique.
  "Child." The old man said as he opened his arms to hug her, and she embraced him. "Now tell me, what is up, why are you here?"
  "I took a bullet in my left arm and it hasn't properly healed, I wanted to know if you could take a look at it." 
  "Of course." The old man smiled. He moved towards some supplies as he began to ramble around in them, "Now I'm out of morphine, all these drug fiends seemed to of robbed me." The door of the shop opened and a little bell rang, Meredith barley even glanced at them. "Just go to up and I'll hook you right up-"
  "We told you to give us what we wanted!" The person that just entered screamed as he raised arm raveling a small range gun pointing at the doctor. Meredith's eyes widened as she swung her arm to knock the goon flat as fast as she could. She felt her hand connect as the sound of a gun being fired filled her ear drums, she released her lethal electric current into the goon making sure he wasn't going any where.
  "Doctor!" Meredith screamed as she changed to look back to make sure he was ok, his face was a bit surprised and covered in some cuts, but other wise ok. The bullet had changed directions as Meredith hit the man, breaking some glass above the doctor.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Grayish black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Sarcastic . . .
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 01:00:32 AM »
Boone looked back at the paper for the fifth time confirming the address and time. He was at the right place, and the right time, but there didn't seem to be anyone there. He was in an Alley between two buildings, both looking very insignificant and the sun was starting to get low on the Horizon. Suddenly an Anthro Wolf lurked out of the shadow and looked Boone over, he slipped Boone a piece of paper. It read looked like an old War poster asking for volunteers for service, at the bottom was a short note, Welcome aboard Freedom Fighter, the resistance needs fighters, but also recruiters, go throughout the city and see who you can find. It then had an address to send new recruits to. When he looked up to yell at the other Anthro for such a lame job, he realized he was gone.
Boone stormed out of the allyway furious. He wanted to fight, not recruit. He stormed down the streets for a few minutes before finally deciding that it must just be part of a new recruits job. But where was he going to find someone to recruit. That was when he ran into another Fox anthro, who had seemingly just come from a scuffle in a nearby ally where several humans were laying unconscious. He smiled at his good fortune.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 03:37:19 AM »
The three guards that stopped him soon had others join in, totaling six guards against one war android. To the onlookers, it seemed that even though the guards surrounded the dragon robot, they were still very outmatched.

"Turn off your fire jets or we will fire upon you!" The guard yelled, his voice obviously the only thing that held any trace of fortitude. Chronin simply turned to the guard and held his hand out before immolating him in a quick series of fireballs. The others simply lost their nerve at the sight of one of their own dropping to the floor and turning to ash in seconds.

"You will walk away from this if you simply put your weapons down." Some followed his statement, and promptly ran back to the gates they were guarding. Only a few remained to fight on, and die trying.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 02:28:53 PM »
Flames' quest for a place to rest was once more interrupted, this time by a black fox who seemed to be smiling at something. The fellow anthro was a little unusual in that they appeared to have android parts grafted to themselves but that in itself wasn't suspicious. During the war people with mechanical replacements or implants were fairly common and a good few older folk still maintained their original replacements. Even after the war, the harsh reality of life meant that damage was still done and the useful tool that was technology was always there to offer a solution.
What was suspicious however was the fact that this anthro clearly wished to speak with him, the smile he wore on his face and the scrap of paper he held in his hands.

The cloaked fox didn't say anything, he just stopped, turned to look the other anthro in the eyes and gave an expression that clearly translated to a "Yes? Can I help you?"
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 07:34:53 AM »
A few hours later Katayida had awoken from her nap. It was still daylight, but would be nearing darkness soon. She decided that it would be in her best interest to heed the words of the shadowed anthro she met earlier in the day, and get a hood, or at the very least something to hold her big floppy horse ears down. It was never something comfortable for her to do, but since she had witnessed a few of the fighting outbreaks in the city upon her arrival she realized that she could be killed very easily without getting the proper defensive materials. How to obtain such things would be more of a challenge though. Currency wasn't much of an issue as she had plenty of it, but she knew nothing but tales of Sanctuary, and the mix of the tales seemed to be truer than she had hoped. She looked at the folded piece of paper on her night stand once again, picking it up and placing it into her pocket. This time she'd only take her backpack and her knife with her. The staff and her coat would stay in the room she was renting. Being sure that the curtains were closed, she double checked that she had her keys, the locks were secure, and that she had the folded note in her pocket.

After leaving the motel, and crossing into a neighboring alley way trying to remain unseen by most, she found a clothing shop. There was an older gentleman behind the counter and two women in the back of the store who all appeared to be workers. Kay once again toyed with her bracelet nervously, and headed to the coat section. She found a black coat with a hood that looked pretty similar to the one that the mysterious anthro was wearing earlier. Eying it for size she didn't spend any time trying it on, and noticed that there were a variety of headbands that humans used to hold their hair back when they didn't want it in their faces. Katayida picked one up and stretched it as wide as it would go, because she would use it to hold her ears down, not hold her mane back. Upon looking up she noticed that the two women who were in the back of the shop were no longer anywhere in sight, and the man behind the counter looked suspiciously anxious. It was about that time that she decided it was time to purchase her coat and headband, and get out as quickly as possible. In the middle of the transaction she turned her ear in the direction of the back of the store, hearing a woman's voice speaking frantically... "yes, that's correct, anthro equine. Dark. No. I don't know." 

Kay started to panic a little, and finished the transaction as quickly as possible, and exited the store. Great...now the authorities probably know I'm here, know I'm anthro, and they're going to be looking for me, she thought. She sighed, and put the headband on flattening out her ears, which made hearing anything clearly almost impossible, and then put on the coat, pulling the hood over her head. She was very happy that she had eyed the sizing correctly, because it fit her well. She felt a little more comfortable, sticking her hands in the coat pockets she boldly decided to explore the city just a little bit more, but not wondering too far from her motel. There were many people around, and many androids, but she still kept a low profile. Anthro creatures were much less common, and weren't liked all that much either. She kept her guard up, and her hand on her knife. It wouldn't do her much good against any kind of guard with a high powered gun of sorts, but she knew exactly where to stab an android to short circuit it's fuses and render it useless until repairs are made to the main circuit board. Walking more towards the outskirts she noticed two obviously anthro foxes in an alley, one cloaked, and one who appeared to be part android. Kay crept closer to listen in on their conversation, but hopefully would go unnoticed. Keeping her back to the wall, and her body out of sight, she reached up to release her left ear to turn it back to listen in on their conversation. Hoping to maybe hear something, anything, about what exactly was going on in this mess of a city.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 04:29:58 PM »
After stashing the attacker in a storage unit, the doctor deiced that it was about time that they took care of Meredith's arm.
  "Now just sit down and-"
  "Doctor," Meredith cut him off ", how many times have we been through this?" She smiled as she sat in the chair, taking off her main shirt, revealing her quite real fleshy arm.
  "Is it hard to move?"
  "Kind of, but its more limited and-"
  "The one you hit the guy with?"
  ".. yea I don't like using it unless I need to.." Meredith wasn't big on talking about her body when it comes to her more mechanical aspects. She looked human, her flesh felt real as far as she was concerned it was real. The doctor cut her arm a little lower then her shoulder area, a little bit of blood ran down her arm. She bleed just like any human, her hair grew but to say she was she knew she would only be lying to her self.
  "Sorry I forgot to stick you with a relaxer." The doctor face palmed as he called the android over, it was a medical one that the doctor him self had built. Opening a compartment, the doctor pulled out a needle and stuck Meredith with it. The blood began to slow down, not pouring out as fast. The doctor moved the skin away and a couple of pseudo ligaments, and reveled her inner main frame. It was defiantly more complex then almost all androids any one has ever seen, but the doctor was familiar enough, that is why Meredith had to see him alone in this town. The Doctor began to tinker with the arm, and Meredith decide to lose her self in thought.

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 01:22:41 AM »
"You look like someone who can handle themselves in a fight," Boone started off, leading the cloaked fox down the road, "Which is good! I don't know if you've heard or not, but the world is . . . off-balance, for lack of a better word. We need people like you and I to . . . turn the tables, if you understand what I mean. Now tell me, are you interested in changing this world?" Boone waited anxiously for his answer. Maybe if he brought this fox to the address he was given, he would actually start getting to do things in this resistance.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 04:03:51 AM »
Chronin eventually got inside the city as there were no more guards coming to stop him. It took him some walking, but he managed to get far enough into the city so that the ones who had witnessed his 'evil' were not within eyesight of him. Unfortunately, he had no idea of where to go from the city he just entered, and no idea of why he was even going to the city.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 11:07:54 AM »
Flames had to smile, if only briefly, at that. "Off-balance, huh? That's one way of putting it. Even those of us who have been living under a rock for their entire lives could probably say that much."
The anthro paused for a moment as if trying to best judge how best to continue. The other fox who appeared to be trying to recruit him for something seemed a bit unsure of himself. If Flames had to judge based on the few moments he'd spent with the guy, he'd have said that whatever group the black fox was working with was something he was pretty new in and probably had little experience with. Chances are that it was some resistance movement or something along those lines but all the same, it was best to err on the side of caution and so Flames simply stated: "I can change the world by myself if need be. Only after I see this group that seems to want me will I decide whether I'll join."

The cloaked fox said no more, merely following, hoping that this was a resistance group rather than some other gathering or a trap and that these people were actually competent. He was probably being a little harsh with his judgements today, after all, most people hadn't seen the sort of terrors he had or lived the same way. In any given resistance movement most members would likely have lived in the cities most their lives and even those that hadn't generally tended to stay in the villages and towns that weren't too far out.
Flames had ventured further, had navigated the areas and routes that were merely "deadly" instead of "will near-instantly kill you", had seen the villages that didn't survive on their own, had seen distant rubble of settlements from before the wars. He'd fought tooth and claw against the animals that these wastelands produced, the mutants and creatures that thrived in the radiation-poisoned grasslands, the arid deserts, the toxic swamps. He'd seen what was mere rumour to even those on the outermost settlements still surviving with his own eyes.

So yes, the long journey and his own experiences were probably making him be a bit unfair in his judgement towards those around him, but fending for yourself outside the city with no settlement to call your own did that to a person. Still, he'd listen to what these people had to say, at least...
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »
Meredith watched as the doctor finished sowing up the cut he made in her arm, it should fast enough.
  "Where are you off to?" the doctor asked as he cleaned Meredith's arm.
  "I have to pay my respects to the resistance group." The doctor stayed quite for a second, washing his hands as he thought.
  "Just try not to anger the powers that be." The doctor handed Meredith a piece of paper and left the room. She put on her shirt, tucked the piece of paper in her pocket, and left the room and store. 

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 08:45:21 PM »
The two foxes had not noticed Katayida standing at the end of the alley, listening in on their conversation. Though it was exactly what she was there for. She tucked her ear under her headband and fixed her hood again. It at least covered her ears, but her muzzle still stuck out a bit from it, although the end of her muzzle was dark enough that most people wouldn't pay much notice to her. She crept behind the two walking idly at a respectable distance to see where they were going. Keeping her hands in her coat pockets she felt through the coat that the note that the mystery anthro had given her earlier in the day was still in her pocket. It was, and she kept moving on.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 11:27:23 PM »
Chronin continued walking until a group of armed humans in uniform caught his attention as they trained their guns on two Anthros that had left an alley.

"You are under arrest for unlawful entry into the city, you will come with us if you cannot justify your entrance." The guards were too focused on the two and did not notice Chronin creeping up behind them, getting ready to remove another 'threat'.

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 07:01:17 AM »
Boone was leading the cloaked fox to the address he was given when a voice made him jump. The group of humans didn't look to happy, something about unlawful entry. "Hold up guys. What do you mean by unlawful," he approached the humans slowly with his hands in plane view, trying to look cooperative. He had no intention of being arrested, and something told him the android sneaking behind the group was probably a good thing too. "I'm here on lawful business. Let me show you." he reached into his coat, the guards tensed but didn't seem ready to open fire yet. He gripped onto his blaster, ready to draw, all he needed was that android to make a move.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 10:28:33 AM »
Flames didn't seem overly concerned about the current situation. Keeping his neutral, almost casual expression he leaned against the wall as he took note of the scene. He'd like to avoid having to actually draw either of his weapons just to deal with this group of guards but either way the situation didn't worry him too much.
The other fox anthro seemed to be distracting them with his talk and was reaching into his coat to stall for time and the android sneaking up on the guards looked like he could probably deal with the guards on his own if need be. He'd also noticed out of the corner of one eye a flicker of movement some way behind them and deduced that someone had been following them at a safe distance until the guards had appeared.

The cloaked anthro tried not to look too bored or let himself chuckle as he lazily looked over at the guards, careful to ignore the android behind them and thus not blow his cover. Despite his relaxed appearance he was ready to spring into action the moment he'd be needed, his modified MK-II being slowly and silently charged underneath is cloak as a just-in-case measure.