The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Games that stand out to you  (Read 2206 times)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Games that stand out to you
« on: August 08, 2011, 01:41:55 AM »
What are some of the games you've played that have been not just good, but entirely intrigued you and blew your mind because of how awesome or unique they are? Doesn't even mean they have to be perfect games - just something that really stood out to you and stuck with you when you played it.

For me, it's been:

Zelda (series) - I love the history and world of the game.

Portal (series) - Awesome characters, unique gameplay, and a perfect blend of humorous and dark storytelling.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus - Although for the most part they completely lack a story, that's actually part of what makes them so interesting. The world and gameplay are amazing.

Okami - Beautiful style to the game.

Flower - Quite a simple game, but very relaxing. I'm kind of a sucker for the artistic aspect of the game.

Heavy Rain - Very "real" characters that you could actually care about, and dynamic storyline with multiple decision-based outcomes.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic short haired cat
  • Coloring: snow white fur, slightly wavy white hair, emerald green eyes
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 125 Lb
  • Build: athletic, slender, agile
  • Currently: Attending college like a boss
Re: Games that stand out to you
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 01:57:49 AM »
Portal (series) - just as Zephyr had said, the uniqueness of it all, the humor and dark sci- fi

Halo (series) - not exactly sure why? maybe its because my mate loves it and I grew to like it alot, the music is pretty epic, probably the best video game music.

Fable 3 - the only one of the series I have played and its really awesome

Skyrim (sequel to Oblivion) - I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

Oblivion - I have to play it now if I want to play Skyrim and get what is going on

Assassin's Creed (series) - its interesting, very violent but has a good story behind it all.

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 02:14:29 AM »
Mirror's Edge - 1st person action running acrobatics!

Paper Mario - Overwhelming amount of 2D in 3D world, I like how it comes out :P

Portal - Using just one gun to solve several different puzzles, I think it's a pretty unique game.

Cave Story - The combination of pixel-based platformers into a modern adaptation with many ports still created, I think it's just awesome!

Burnout 3 Dominator - Ever since the idea of actually how badly you can crash your car and try to eliminate other people in the race... stylishly might I add, it actually makes losing the game seem a lot more desirable than I've ever seen before lol.

Command and Conquer Renegade (Westwood Studios) - I have to say while the FPS campaign of this game might not have been perfect, the multiplayer support for modding and just overall differently talented characters only achieved by accumulation of combat points just made everything sit right and everyone couldn't be all powerful while having fun even if you were losing! Today a remake is being undertaken for Unreal Tournament 3, the multiplayer is pretty much accomplished however the campaign is being worked on :D

Kingdom Hearts - Yes while this is but another RPG game, what I really like about it is how Disney and Final Fantasy intertwine to make something not overly serious and yet also enchanting. Bringing Disney classics back alive in a action environment that also conveys an entertaining storyline, the battle system also not all that repetitive, which makes me come back for more punishment even after beating the game.

Half-Life 2 - I have to say that not just because I find this game's mix of puzzle and action cool, but the way all the weapons handle and the enemies fight, then the endless horde of source engine mods that come with it, I cannot complain about much here except the ally AI when trying to "help" in battle. I just think the way everything is placed, it's possible to re-approach this game so many times and still find it entertaining because of how many different ways you can accomplish your goals, whether it be taking advantage of the environment or just running and gunning your way to victory, it's generally possible.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Vine Tabris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • [hisses]
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Demon
  • Currently: visiting graveyards
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 02:31:35 AM »
The Legend of Zelda series - The NES game was the first game I ever played, and it pretty much stuck. I love fantasy adventure games and Link is the perfect hero. Plus Toon Link is adorable and funny. I also like how the series changes art styles and themes to stay fresh. Plus it's pretty fun to get into time-line debates. Really looking forward to Skyward Sword.
:3

Devil May Cry series - Aaahhh this fills my need for straight up action and demon fighting. I've loved all of the DMC games except the second one. They're awesome, funny, dark, challenging, and Dante is...ah...well....... :*

I loved the games so much that I actually defeated Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die mode, which is one of the more rage inducing video game experiences you can inflict upon yourself.
Can't say that I like Dante's new look in the upcoming DMC5 game, but I'm still holding out hope.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:33:07 AM by Valexi »

Offline Syorean

• Vibrating Furby
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Silver and red
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 130lb
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 02:48:24 AM »
Nier- great story and gameplay

Terraria-insanely funsome

Fable(series)- great gameplay and in alternate England

Many more I can't think of right now

Offline LyrilaFox

• Boisterous Bear
  • Community Hobo DJ
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Manncowmoo
    • Awards
  • Species: Elemi Fulf
  • Coloring: Depends on form
  • Height: about 6'0" when Anthro [3'6" - Feral]
  • Weight: about 150lbs Anthro [100lbs- Feral]
  • Build: pretty curved body structure, not really fat
  • Currently: stuff :D
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 03:05:25 AM »
The World Ends With You, great game for DS standards, great charachters, awsome music, a large variety of enemys, and anime style graphics

Army of Two(series)- this game has two really funny main charachters who joke around with eachother at the worst times possible

Mortal Kombat- just drawin to this game for its music, endless voilence and epic fatalities
  • Avatar by: Avatar by WingedZephyr
  • Signature art by: Siggy by Me [Manncowmoo]

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 03:09:16 AM »
Psychonauts - extremely fun game with a very fun story to follow.

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »
Halo(series)- My childhood in a nutshell. Sleepover co-op nights,midnight releases,Abuse of silent cartographer intro :P

Timesplitters (series-specifically future perfect)- Another kinda nostalgia attack fun arcadey fast paced shooting and humor

Deus Ex( Series)- Epic conspiracy storyline,tough decision making ( Deus Ex 1999) awesome cyberpunk music fun gameplay. Hands down Best Fpsrpg evar. Invisible war was mediocre and the public alpha*cough*leak*cough* is great as is so I have high hopes for the final product.

Mass Effect (series)-It's good. I don't think it's Revolutionary or amazing by any standards though. Looking forward to 3.

Half Life(series-specifically opposing force,half life,hl2:ep3+2)- Although the source engine was amazing I personally feel that opposing force (a half life expansion pack) was The Best half life game. It kinda shows you the other side of the story. And swinging across ropes while using a 2 handed rifle was awesome :P All in all they are all great games.

Fallout(series)- fallout 1+2 were great and were filled with dark humor. The formula was very fun. Fallout 3 (although constantly labelled oblivion ft. guns) was simply awesome and vegas just felt like 3.5

Metal Arms: Glitch in the system- Awesome,Just awesome.

Perfect Dark(N64)- Superior to goldeneye in every way

Donkey Kong 64: Fun fun fun fun.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:37:16 PM by ^Geist^ »

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 06:54:34 PM »
Can't say I have played any game that has really stood out for me, but if I'm gonna mention something...

Crysis 2 single player (campaign) imo has excellent graphics and a really good storyline, despite some bugs and glitches I have stumbled upon, it's not only a graphics showoff game, but as well great overall story and gameplay experience which makes it a worthy sequel.
For the multiplayer, since I tend to do single player stuff before advancing to multiplayer, I haven't played it enough to really make a decision. But from what I've seen so far, it reminds a bit of Call of Duty multiplayer; with of course the Crysis-specific features which brings a much more futuristic feel to it.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 08:52:35 PM »
Lair - The only hardcore game I have seen that features a Dragon Rider. No less, a Game I've been wanting for the absolute longest time; since I got a 1st gen PS3.

Grand Theft Auto - It's just so surprisingly fun to create absolute havoc and not have to pay a price. Especially since everything is fake; so I don't feel guilty or anything for running over some random guy or capping a cop.

Pokemon - Any mention of this series and you have my attention. For a game oriented towards the younger ages, this can be a pretty intense series if you get deep enough into it. It was the very first game series I ever got into, and it will be the last I get out of (if anything of the sort is to happen).

The Legend of Zelda - I admit I was extremely late to this series. The very first Zelda game I played was Twilight Princess; but it was not to be the last. And now, I've played almost every Zelda game to date (excluding Wind Waker and all the games with "Toon Link").

Metroid - Another series I was late as hell to. Started with Metroid Prime. But since then, I have gone on to play almost every Metroid game out there. Only missed out on Zero Mission, Hunters and Pinball.

Dead Space - The first game in a long time to actually freak me out. Even to watch. Also one of the most intelligent games to date; Silent hill is a close second, but I could easily bear to watch Silent Hill. Dead Space just hits something and scares the hell out of me...

Fallout - My latest game fix, Fallout is addicting beyond measure, especially when you pump up the difficulty. Sure, it's bleak and rather harsh; but honestly, that's life. And I could easily see that's exactly how life might be in the wake of Nuclear Holocaust. A fun series to say "what if" to.

Halo - Originally, I was not a fan of this Pop Culture icon of a game. But as I played it more, I actually got over that and started to like it. Probably one of the few FPS's that I'm actually good at. The customizable armor and logos is what got me hooked, really.

Metal Gear Slid - Okay, everyone knows Snake owns. And when I played the first game, I had a lot of fun. Now what I really want is MGS3 and MGS4.

Super Smash Bros - I kick ass beyond measure in all these games. I can go toe to toe with the hardcore players because, hell, I am one. I know each and every secret in all the games, how to unlock every character and stage, as well as how to get every trophy in Melee and Brawl, so on and so forth. The series stands out because it's tossing all my favorite Nintendo Characters (and Sonic and Snake) into a ring and seeing which of them comes out on top.

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 10:06:07 PM »
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Hands down one of the greatest games of all time. Anyone who has played Oblivion has and small idea, but it's really a whole different caliber of amazing. Morrowind puts Oblivion to shame in every aspect. It's the only game I've played where I really felt like I could BE the character that I was role-playing. The world was so massive that each town had a story and history. Oblivion only had 7 towns and one city, Where Morrowind had so many you couldn't even count. It's one of the greatest RPG experiences I've ever had.

Call of Duty 2 - Before they made online game play the only factor that was thought about, you really felt immersed in the WWII experience. It was well made, and the environment and combat felt like you were really in the war. The other Call of Duties have been unrealistic, and I haven't really felt as into them as this one.

Final Fantasy VII - The only truly great game in the series. The music was far greater than any FF before or after its creation. The story was wonderful in my opinion and the game play far exceeds the others in the series.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time - SNES game that no one has probly heard of. One of the hardest games I've ever played. I miss the times when they made video games a challenge instead of giving the victory away. I tried playin it again recently, and it was so difficult, I didn't get past the 3rd level. Makes me miss the good ol' times.

Super Mario World - The perfection of platform gaming. Difficult, long, many hidden secrets, and just plain awesome to play. By far the best Mario game. Nothing in the future will come close

Donkey Kong Country 1+2 - Best thing about this game: the music. Most people don't think about it because their too busy playing the game, but the music really makes the game so much better. If you have a chance to play it again, really focus on the music and realize how much better the game is because of it.

Almost all my of these games are ten years old or older. They just can't make games as good as they used to. It's gone from an art, to simply making money. Obviously just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Hands down one of the greatest games of all time. Anyone who has played Oblivion has and small idea, but it's really a whole different caliber of amazing. Morrowind puts Oblivion to shame in every aspect. It's the only game I've played where I really felt like I could BE the character that I was role-playing. The world was so massive that each town had a story and history. Oblivion only had 7 towns and one city, Where Morrowind had so many you couldn't even count. It's one of the greatest RPG experiences I've ever had.

Call of Duty 2 - Before they made online game play the only factor that was thought about, you really felt immersed in the WWII experience. It was well made, and the environment and combat felt like you were really in the war. The other Call of Duties have been unrealistic, and I haven't really felt as into them as this one.

Call of duty has never been realistic. Even 2 has it's "realism flaws" which I won't get into but I agree completely that This was my favorite one. Only other 2 in the series worth mentioning are 1 and 4 imo. The multiplayer was amazing though especially on pc.

as for Morrowind.... Skyrim>Morrowind>Oblivion

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 06:26:05 AM »
Dude...you can't say Skyrim is better than Morrowind when it hasn't even come out yet. I do like how its taking place in the 4th era and all the countries are getting divided. I also like the fact that dragons, and Nordic lore are going to be making strong appearances. It's still not enough for me to say anything though. I was severely disappointed with Oblivion, so I'm not getting my hopes up anytime soon.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 08:02:34 PM »
Metroid Prime series - I never played the second one, but one and three were just so interesting, creative and awesome.

Super Mario Galaxy series - The graphics in this were beyond words and the level designs and everything were just so innovative and mind-blowing.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Most interesting graphics style and gameplay I've ever seen o3o

Dead Space: Extraction (Wii) - A game I rented and my first rail-shooter I've ever played; I found it to be cool and quite enjoyable.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I've been a huge Super Smash Bros. fan since around 2000 when only the first Smash installment was out for the N64. Brawl though has so much third-party stuff, characters, stages, new features and galore that it just made it so awesome and I was freaking anxious as all hell to get the game. Every time they delayed the release date for the game I cut myself (LOL just kidding), but it was very painful every time they delayed its release for a bit. I finally got it 9 hours after its initial release on March 9th, 2008 at 9 AM.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:13:20 PM by Shakat »
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 04:51:18 PM »
My god I forgot 2.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R (series)- /k/ommando approved
Metro 2033- Great atmosphere, Ai was a bit lacking but i was a fan of the book and i loved the game.