The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Post and Talk about your Collars! And why you wear one  (Read 187642 times)

Offline Furpaws

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: racoon
Re: First collar :3 might need advice
« Reply #480 on: February 15, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »
Try a padded leather one, mine is comfy and has no problems
thanks ArticSkyWolf I'll try if I cant get used to this. kinda like this one tho :/
have worn the collar a coulple hours & I'm a bit more used to it its still not comfy but its getting easier :3

Offline Rusty Foxington

• Avid Aardvark
  • Tis great to be furry and free!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf
  • Coloring: Changes on mood.
  • Height: 5 foot 8
  • Weight: 157
  • Build: semi athletic
  • Currently: Feeling really happy. I got my driver's permit today!!
Re: Post and Talk about your Collars! And why you wear one
« Reply #481 on: February 15, 2013, 11:17:05 PM »
The one i first got actually ment something. It was an engagement collar n.n from my current mate which i am going to see this summer in florida. When i put it on i felt great and well actually felt really loved and what not. Hehe.  ^_^

Offline Duke

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Who knows?
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 197 lbs
  • Build: Medium muscular build
« Reply #482 on: February 17, 2013, 06:01:45 AM »
The one i first got actually ment something. It was an engagement collar n.n from my current mate which i am going to see this summer in florida. When i put it on i felt great and well actually felt really loved and what not. Hehe.  ^_^

*gasp* Florida! :D

Anyways, i upgraded my collar today with an awesome engraved dog tag  B) i wanna get a few more XD they are expensive though, at least from where i get them, i love the quality.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Height: [Anthro 5' 7"] [Farrel 3'2"]
  • Weight: [Anthro 119lbs] [Farrel 52lbs]
  • Build: Normal, Light
  • Currently: Getting on for no reason
« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2013, 06:39:25 PM »
I wear mine a lot, to college, to the store, to town everywhere ... except home >w>

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #484 on: February 18, 2013, 12:05:31 AM »
I should get a custom dogtag, make a nice ginglely noise every time I walk/move.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2013, 06:03:15 AM »
I have a tag with my name on it X3 $5 at petsmart!
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis awesomicus
  • Currently: Being lazy :3
« Reply #486 on: February 18, 2013, 07:40:36 AM »
It kind of seems kind of odd to me wearing a collar when implied as wolf character/theriotype.
(I don't wear anything furry related, anyway, if I did my parents would probably freak or something)
Closest thing you'll see around my neck to a collar is a necklace.
But I'm not owned by anyone, either so nope.

I'm curious, though, as to decisions to those with non-domestic fursonas/theriotypes choose to wear collars? Or are they by role, owned? Fashion in their chara's universe, may be?

<(ಠ_ಠ)> I am an angel, fear me.

Therian/otherkin and furry.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #487 on: February 18, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »
A collar is widely known within the furry community as an icon. It is perhaps even more iconic than the wolf paw, animal ears or tail that some wear as an accessory. It's highly visible; close to one's face, it's rarely covered by clothing and not easily hidden.*

I think it has a lot more to do with the symbolism and feeling of comfort and belonging rather than wanting to associate themselves with their fursona. *= I've even heard of people wearing it around their wrists, on their clothes or wearing a scarf/turtleneck to hide the collar so only they know about it. Making it more of a personal matter rather than a statement.

Not to mention the S/M side of it, the "pet/owner" side of it, the "mate" side of it and so on. It can even serve as a secret sign to other furries that spot it, saying "I'm a furry too, let's talk once we're on in danger of being bullied over it."

That said, I also own a collar that is the same colour as my fursona (don't trust the picture), hand made and designed by me. Only, I rarely wear it any longer. I haven't for over a year. I just don't have a reason to.
I was living in a dorm at the time. First wore it when I got it in the mail, with friends, classmates and even a teacher in the same room (though with no attention at me). Teacher was all "you know, I think it's good that some people dare to be different, you know, and I think it's gusty of you, you know?" which, on its own, gave it more attention, laughs and people poking fun of it (in the bad way) than ever before.

All but my friends hate it, but that's because they know me as strange already. It didn't feel very different either.

From the Collar Factory, made of the softest lamb skin. I can sleep with this without any discomfort.

In addition, I have a bell given to me by a friend that he bought on e-bay. He's a real anime freak so he really understood the appeal of having a bell on a collar.
The tag, is of pure silver, made by another friend of mine. It was her very belated birthday gift for me.

And in case you were wondering - yes, the bell rings when I walk.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:36:22 PM by Puncia »

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #488 on: February 19, 2013, 12:52:55 AM »
A collar is widely known within the furry community as an icon. It is perhaps even more iconic than the wolf paw, animal ears or tail that some wear as an accessory. It's highly visible; close to one's face, it's rarely covered by clothing and not easily hidden.*

I think it has a lot more to do with the symbolism and feeling of comfort and belonging rather than wanting to associate themselves with their fursona. *= I've even heard of people wearing it around their wrists, on their clothes or wearing a scarf/turtleneck to hide the collar so only they know about it. Making it more of a personal matter rather than a statement.

Not to mention the S/M side of it, the "pet/owner" side of it, the "mate" side of it and so on. It can even serve as a secret sign to other furries that spot it, saying "I'm a furry too, let's talk once we're on in danger of being bullied over it."

That said, I also own a collar that is the same colour as my fursona (don't trust the picture), hand made and designed by me. Only, I rarely wear it any longer. I haven't for over a year. I just don't have a reason to.
I was living in a dorm at the time. First wore it when I got it in the mail, with friends, classmates and even a teacher in the same room (though with no attention at me). Teacher was all "you know, I think it's good that some people dare to be different, you know, and I think it's gusty of you, you know?" which, on its own, gave it more attention, laughs and people poking fun of it (in the bad way) than ever before.

All but my friends hate it, but that's because they know me as strange already. It didn't feel very different either.

From the Collar Factory, made of the softest lamb skin. I can sleep with this without any discomfort.

In addition, I have a bell given to me by a friend that he bought on e-bay. He's a real anime freak so he really understood the appeal of having a bell on a collar.
The tag, is of pure silver, made by another friend of mine. It was her very belated birthday gift for me.

And in case you were wondering - yes, the bell rings when I walk.

I couldn't have said it any better. At least people know when you're sneaking up on them because of the bell >.>

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2013, 05:10:18 PM »
*knew
I don't wear it any more. Also, no snow leopard with a bit of self respect would let anyone know if you're sneaking up on them. You just simply grab the bell with one hand, and mute it.

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2013, 10:57:53 PM »

Your name is easier to write, mine is like lol what kinda name is this for a dog? Probably gonna get one at a con.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »

Your name is easier to write, mine is like lol what kinda name is this for a dog? Probably gonna get one at a con.
I dunno. I've never met a dog named DJ Foxaroo. kidding XD

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #492 on: March 03, 2013, 11:55:48 PM »
If you're gonna wear a collar in public, avoid having bells, those things are so annoying.

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your anthro programmer...
    • Homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Kangaroo
  • Coloring: blue / green
  • Height: 6'3 / 1,91M
  • Weight: 154Lbs / 70Kg
  • Build: Sporty/bouncy
  • Currently: Oh no.... This IS my happy face.....
« Reply #493 on: March 08, 2013, 05:32:34 PM »
It kind of seems kind of odd to me wearing a collar when implied as wolf character/theriotype.
(I don't wear anything furry related, anyway, if I did my parents would probably freak or something)
Closest thing you'll see around my neck to a collar is a necklace.
But I'm not owned by anyone, either so nope.

I'm curious, though, as to decisions to those with non-domestic fursonas/theriotypes choose to wear collars? Or are they by role, owned? Fashion in their chara's universe, may be?

Well, i always like to talk to people (and shock them a little bit). What better way then to wear a collar... Its furry related and it starts a lot of (mostly pleasant) conversations with random people. So for me its just a piece of clothing and conversation starter.... And my mate loves to grab my collar and drag me around by it (which i hate) :)
-Trixsie Vixen "Chuck Norris called me Skippy once...  Once!"

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Height: [Anthro 5' 7"] [Farrel 3'2"]
  • Weight: [Anthro 119lbs] [Farrel 52lbs]
  • Build: Normal, Light
  • Currently: Getting on for no reason
« Reply #494 on: March 10, 2013, 04:38:50 AM »
I need to get a really heavy duty collar... just thinking out loud