The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Post and Talk about your Collars! And why you wear one  (Read 187640 times)

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
Re: Post and Talk about your Collars! And why you wear one
« Reply #585 on: March 25, 2016, 11:42:19 PM »
I think it'd be interesting to try wearing some sort of collar, at least as an occasional accessory. Wearing an obvious dog/animal type collar in public might be a little awkward for me personally X3 Maybe something more subtle and simple.

I'm working on a rune necklace for my boyfriend, but it makes me wonder about what a collar would be like. I don't know if he would be interested in that though... ^^'

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #586 on: March 26, 2016, 11:57:51 PM »
I always had my eye on one of these https://www.etsy.com/listing/263162287/tree-of-life-leather-hand-tooled-dog?ref=shop_home_active_8
Even before I found out about all this floof stoof :P I'd definitely wear it, maybe as everyday wear; it's very pretty.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #587 on: March 27, 2016, 12:01:43 AM »
I always had my eye on one of these https://www.etsy.com/listing/263162287/tree-of-life-leather-hand-tooled-dog?ref=shop_home_active_8
Even before I found out about all this floof stoof :P I'd definitely wear it, maybe as everyday wear; it's very pretty.

Dang, the stuff in that shop is really cool looking. There's one with purple wings that's pretty nice. Do they fit human necks though?

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
« Reply #588 on: March 27, 2016, 12:11:44 AM »
They're all custom made. You give them the dimensions of the neck in the order box :) He says to make them a teeny bit bigger though, to accommodate the thickness. Each individual one has more info in the description of the piece :P And yeah, I was debating between the one I want to get and the turquoise feather one. :D

Offline Denimonster

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #589 on: March 27, 2016, 05:31:46 AM »
I have a custom simple black pleather collar with rounded silver spikes. It's wider than a nylon collar and very comfortable.

I wear it in public and no one really seems to care. I sleep in it too.

I didn't feel anything when I first put it on, and I didn't until I really started to break it in. I wipe down the inside every few days because bacteria and oils from your skin can build up in it and it can start to smell, but otherwise I love it.

I also think it's hot too.

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Work Until Your Idols Become Your Rivals
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a light tan underbelly, dark brown hair that hangs over her right eye, has blue eyes
  • Height: about 5 feet
  • Weight: 106.9
  • Build: thin, female build
  • Currently: meh
« Reply #590 on: March 28, 2016, 01:03:36 AM »
I love wearing my collar, I used to wear it to school all the time, but then people started calling me "cat collar" or saying stuff like "do your parents put you on a leash and stuff?" in mocking tones so I stopped. I'm thinking about wearing it again tho, because all the talk and stares have stopped, especially since I have been wearing a choker instead, but I prefer my collar...kids can be cruel.  :/
  • Avatar by: lineart by Rits-Blitz
"we do have a lot in common.
The same earth, the same air, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... Well, who knows." - Meowth

Offline DragonThing

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rawr....and stuff :D
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Redish-brown mostly, with emerald green undertones
  • Height: 7 feet tall
  • Weight: Unsure
  • Build: tall and lean, only slightly muscular
  • Currently: Experiencing a resurgence in my scalie self :P
« Reply #591 on: March 29, 2016, 01:32:46 PM »
Kids will always find stuff to be cruel about :P

Even as a young adult when I wear mine in the city: leash and all, I get young kids making snide remarks about me being a dog or something. But they're easy to ignore.

I don't walk about in the city that much these days, if I did I'd wear it more often, same at home: either way I wear it with pride. It really puts me in the skin of my sona, and makes me feel like I belong to my owner, which I love.
  • Avatar by: Erika Vasos (Carnival)
Walk with Shima

Offline MarciCoyote

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Coyote
  • Coloring: Brown, tan, gray
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Build: Strong and slim, very feminine.
  • Currently: Tired.
« Reply #592 on: March 29, 2016, 07:37:01 PM »
I wear mine in public, most people assume it's an emo thing.

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a light tan underbelly, dark brown hair that hangs over her right eye, has blue eyes
« Reply #593 on: March 31, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »
I wear mine in public, most people assume it's an emo thing.

I consider you lucky. I'd love people to assume It's because I'm emo instead of making dumb remarks about me "living in a dog house" or "my parents putting a leash on me" and being called "cat collar".

Kids will always find stuff to be cruel about :P

Even as a young adult when I wear mine in the city: leash and all, I get young kids making snide remarks about me being a dog or something. But they're easy to ignore.

I don't walk about in the city that much these days, if I did I'd wear it more often, same at home: either way I wear it with pride. It really puts me in the skin of my sona, and makes me feel like I belong to my owner, which I love.

I wish I could easily ignore people too. Tho my school is basically centered around beauty, popularity and normality...I hate it. Like I get questions and remarks (which aren't too good) about my body, to which I could care less about, but when It's something involving my interests and personality that's when It's starts to bother me. I'm getting better at ignoring the snotty remarks and laughs, but they still "echo" in my mind...So ya, pretty annoying. I'm glad you have no problem ignoring all the kids and that you take pride in it. Very awesome and inspiring.
Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... Well, who knows." - Meowth

Offline DragonThing

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #594 on: March 31, 2016, 03:02:35 PM »
It can be tough ignoring people. Just remember that the only thing that matters is that you're happy with who you are. These other people? If you don't care about them then they have no power over you, at the end of the day if they don't offer anything positive to your life then you can throw them away. At the end of the day they'll go off and be them and you'll still be you. Why do people insist on poking fun and glorifying mediocrity and normality? Don't know, don't care. I just stick to being me and keep on smiling. Never stop being you. Cause there are tones of people out there who will slam you for you, no matter what "you" is, but there are people who will celebrate you as well. Just remember that these people trying to popular and normal, that's their thing, they're entitled to it. What's not ok is trying to make you feel like the way you're doing things is inferior to theirs. It's not, it's just different.

Easy to put into flowery speech, but blocking out the hate is harder to practice, to live out. I know how easy it can be to focus on the negative in what people say, or just on the negative people in your life, but if you keep something good in mind always, even something little: the weekend, good food, friends, or a holiday or something, then the bad stuff will fade away.

Anyway, I seem to have rambled a bit o.O

Overall Bullet Point of that: Be happy with who you are. At the end of the day it all comes back to you.

Ps: looking back at all this I apologize if all that kinda came out of nowhere and is way over the top XD my bad!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 03:05:46 PM by Dragon_Slave »
Walk with Shima

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #595 on: March 31, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »
It can be tough ignoring people. Just remember that the only thing that matters is that you're happy with who you are. These other people? If you don't care about them then they have no power over you, at the end of the day if they don't offer anything positive to your life then you can throw them away. At the end of the day they'll go off and be them and you'll still be you. Why do people insist on poking fun and glorifying mediocrity and normality? Don't know, don't care. I just stick to being me and keep on smiling. Never stop being you. Cause there are tones of people out there who will slam you for you, no matter what "you" is, but there are people who will celebrate you as well. Just remember that these people trying to popular and normal, that's their thing, they're entitled to it. What's not ok is trying to make you feel like the way you're doing things is inferior to theirs. It's not, it's just different.

Easy to put into flowery speech, but blocking out the hate is harder to practice, to live out. I know how easy it can be to focus on the negative in what people say, or just on the negative people in your life, but if you keep something good in mind always, even something little: the weekend, good food, friends, or a holiday or something, then the bad stuff will fade away.

Overall Bullet Point of that: Be happy with who you are. At the end of the day it all comes back to you.

Ps: looking back at all this I apologize if all that kinda came out of nowhere and is way over the top XD my bad!

^^^^^PREACH IT 0:)

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #596 on: April 01, 2016, 01:02:42 AM »
I get a lot of positive comments actually. It's you guys that convinced me to try a collar, and I ended up rather liking it. Now, coupled with my tail and ears on my hat, I even had a random truck driver at a gas station make a motion with his hands on his head as he walked by, then stop and high five me when he saw my tail. Honestly, I'm getting a hell of a lot of positive feedback, which is exactly the opposite of what I was expecting. Guess I look good with it all. I don't know.

That or they know I won't take their s**t. O.o
  • Signature art by: Lucky978 on Deviantart.com
Sorry for the absence; I had to get my life and my mind together. I missed you all.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #597 on: April 01, 2016, 12:11:54 PM »
That's great Proto! I probably won't go all out unless I'm in a full fursuit, but I need dat Tree of Life collar so bad XD

And did you ever get my pm I sent you, about the event in Boulder on the 30th?

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #598 on: April 02, 2016, 12:15:26 AM »

thx for the positive speech. :)

Offline DragonThing

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #599 on: April 02, 2016, 12:17:45 AM »
Anytime XD

Feel free to pm me if you're ever having a bad day :3 Happy to help if I can!
Walk with Shima