The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Post and Talk about your Collars! And why you wear one  (Read 187480 times)

Offline Pixx/Kalani

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Chirpy Dutch and Floofy Husky Butt!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dutch Angel Dragon (Kalani); Pink Husky (Pixx)
  • Coloring: Lavender/Light Blue/Purple; Pink/Black/White
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 160
  • Currently: *snugs*
Re: Post and Talk about your Collars! And why you wear one
« Reply #600 on: May 06, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »
I initially wore one because it was a way of expressing myself as a furry but in a sorta understated way. Helped me feel more in character when I was having a glum day.

Now that I've gotten more into the fandom and my non furry fiance is starting to come around, he got me a collar for our relationship. It has 2 tags on it, one has my fursonas name and some other info (I forget what else we put on there cause its packed away in the suiting box) and the other tag has the date we started dating and the date he proposed. He thought it'd be a good idea and alternative to me wearing my ring in suit and at cons (I usually don't bring it to these things out of town, would be terrified if it got lost so it stays home for safe keeping).

2016 Upcoming Cons:

AC 
Big Furry BBQ
Motor City Comic Con
Youmacon
MFF

Attended:
MCFC (Pixx's gotcha con)
Penguicon
Midwest Media Expo

Offline Sianni

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Coloring: Dark brown and black.
  • Height: 1.7 m
  • Weight: 54.4 kg
  • Build: Lanky, but otherwise average.
  • Currently: Isolating myself.
« Reply #601 on: May 29, 2016, 11:11:17 AM »
I wear mine around the house when I'm not working.

It's just a black leather collar with a silver buckle, nothing else on it.

Offline Panda

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Build: Petite
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #602 on: May 30, 2016, 04:58:39 AM »
I've had my collar for about 7 years now, almost as long as I've been in the fandom ^_^

Its just a small purple cat collar, nothing flashy & its thin, which I guess is why I've gotten away with wearing it nearly everywhere. Its to the point now that my neck feels weird without it >_> (Except at work, of course) It has my fursona name on it and a rabies tag my friend gave me as a joke ;P

Then I have a dog collar to wear at cons that matches my fursona's collar since I wear it with my suit ^^
[ Asexual furry | Genderfluid | They/them ]
Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #603 on: June 20, 2016, 01:03:03 PM »
Got my dirty paws on yet another one:

Pretty happy with this one so far.
And bonus points to the pet shop for including a free bag of dog treats in the package xD

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #604 on: October 15, 2016, 05:57:18 AM »
I wear collars on occasion, I just wish the family was gone more so I could do it more often. I have an orange plasticish collar, a nylon(?) cammo collar, and a metal choke collar. Most often, I wear it when home alone (very rare) or on an even rarer occasion, to bed. I had thought last semester about doing it at college, but I have been going there for a while, so I already have an image with the professors, and I don't want to look weird.
Do you think I should try wearing one at college?

Offline Milks Justice

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mileks (Custom Species)
  • Coloring: White White and White.
  • Build: SOFT AND PUFF PUFF
  • Currently: Dead.
« Reply #605 on: November 05, 2016, 01:52:09 AM »
I did get a collar in sixth grade and I wore it at school but ever since I got into JR High Ive always been too nervous to wear it. My Mom did not know I had one but when she found out she reacted badly, but I don't blame her. Some people see it as a "sexual" thing and she could have to. I have never wore it to bed... I might tonight! Honestly, one or two of my friends don't really like furries overall. One I'm not sure why, the other because he thinks it's going to make everyone who is one start wearing tails and dress up like cats or something. I know this sounds preachy but it's really annoying. Should I be more confident and wear my collar?  @.@

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #606 on: November 17, 2016, 12:21:53 AM »
Just got my collar a few minutes ago <3

Made by https://www.etsy.com/shop/FinelyTooled

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #607 on: November 21, 2016, 09:39:17 PM »
I wear a stainless steel collar/chain with a wolf pendant on it. It started out as an alternative to wearing a wedding ring, as I'm always messing with mechanical stuff, but over the last couple of years it has come to be so much more.

(edit: after reading thru a bunch of the posts here I feel like I can be a little more open... The real truth is the collar was given to me BY my Mate when She took charge of the relationship almost 4 years ago. I'm not a true sub, She is just the Alpha in the house so I am sub to Her. The Wolf pendant was also a gift from Her after wearing the collar faithfully for a year.)

As Naake Ni has become more a part of who I am IRL the collar is a reminder of my commitment to both my mate (wife) and to my journey to learn all I can about my Wolf spirit. I have had it on so long the barrel clasp has seized and will not unscrew anymore... not that I would take it off voluntarily...

Should also say, I have a thick black leather collar that I bought, but Mate doesn't like it (yet). would really love to wear it when I'm more Naake ni than me.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:53:05 PM by Naake ni »
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline Faolyn

• Avid Aardvark
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: Normal
  • Build: Lithe and muscular
  • Currently: Moody
« Reply #608 on: November 21, 2016, 10:25:59 PM »
I just have a black fabric dog collar. It's thicker and smoother than nylon, and retains heat pretty well.
I wear it to school a few times a week and no one really seems to care, since wearing chokers is a trend now.

Would love to get something more similar to my fursona's, but I don't have the money atm.
Unlike the lion and the bear, the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.

Offline Cal Bluepaws

• Avid Aardvark
  • Railfan Tiger
    • CaliRailfan - The Official Website
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: March 26, 2017, 06:04:44 PM »
So, I just bought a collar from Walmart. It's nothing fancy (It is from Walmart). It's blue and it feels great. I had a necklace with a paw charm on it, but I found a small key ring and used it to attach the charm to the metal D-ring on the collar. I like to wear it with the buckle at the front because it is next to the D-ring. I bought a teal collar for my friend Chiku here on the forums (I know them IRL and they asked me for one).

When I first put it on, I felt proud for being myself. Then my Dad questioned me and talked on and on about keeping me from "the dark side" of the fandom. That killed the pride. It's really comfortable except for this one spot that keeps the D-ring on that kept scratching me 2 days ago when I first bought it. It was the glue that scratched and now some of the scratchy glue wore off. Now it's smooth and is almost unnoticeable.

Of course there are those places where my collar is unacceptable, particularly my church. I'm pretty Christian, so it's kinda unacceptable to be wearing such things at church. When I don't want anyone to suspect anything, I put it on my belt like it's a keychain and it goes unnoticed.

The pictures are too big to put on the post but here are the links to them: http://bit.ly/2n61QPn, http://bit.ly/2nkIkjQ

I am an INTP, meaning that I am part of approx. 3% of the world's population.

Check out Chiku! They're pretty great!

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #610 on: March 26, 2017, 06:36:11 PM »
^Not a fan of nylon collars myself (just hating the feel of the material. I've tried a few, but the only one I can stand of the ones I have is the one with a LED-strip in it).
But I'm happy that you're happy, ofc ^^

And yeah, sadly people tend to be a little too quick to get weird ideas about this, but at the same time it's kinda hard to blame them, too.
But for most of the time, people luckily don't seem to care all that much (if) at all, unless you actively try to call attention to the fact that you're wearing a collar or something.

As for me, it's been a while since I last got a new collar.
Seeing as I already have a decent bunch of them, it's getting increasingly harder for me to find ones that really stand out to me.

But during NFC, I decided to do this:

Spoiler for pictures:

I attached my amulet of Mara to my steampunk-y collar, and at least to me, they look pretty neat together.
Plus, now I get that sweet sweet 10% magicka discount on restoration magic wherever I go! :D
Hurr-durr Skyrim references.

Closer view of the amulet. Really beautifully made.

And a picture of me wearing it. Still trying to decide on wether I should try to come up with a better way to attach it, but for now this will do just fine.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #611 on: March 26, 2017, 09:29:02 PM »
I think I might have a slight collar addiction. I now have like, 5 or 6 >.> But the store was closing and had a great sale, so what can I say  X3

Offline justsomehound

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: dog/canis
« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2017, 06:14:12 PM »
I think I might have a slight collar addiction. I now have like, 5 or 6 >.> But the store was closing and had a great sale, so what can I say  X3

my dogs and i have a ton of collars i have not even counted lol i wear a choke chain most of the time keeps clean does not stink etc some time i wear a o ring hunting dog collar

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #613 on: May 21, 2017, 03:09:42 PM »
I recently got my first collar as a gift from my bf  <3  and I absolutely adore it

Spoiler for Hidden:

Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Willow the Jerboa

• Avid Aardvark
  • I am super new so feel free to introduce yourself.
    • Awards
  • Species: Jerboa
  • Coloring: Tan, Brown, White, and a bit of Black on my tail
  • Height: 6''2" Mostly legs
  • Weight: 185 Lbs
  • Build: Thin, tall, and not very muscular.
  • Currently: Looking for friends <3
« Reply #614 on: May 22, 2017, 12:21:55 AM »
When I am at College I wear this nice red collar that matches the one my mate has, but now that I am back home for the summer that really isnt something that can happen anymore