The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Post and Talk about your Collars! And why you wear one  (Read 186806 times)

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: Your first moment with your collar?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 10:23:43 AM »
i currently only have a nylon collar but i want a new one. when i first put it on i was a bit nervous but since it was the school holidays and i have a large necked jumper i love wearing i set myself a little challenge of wearing it for a few days consecutively and to see if anyone noticed. so far I've worn it out in public at least a dozen times but it's never been visible....(apart from the one time i accidentally forgot i was wearing it and went to school with it on >_<). when i first put it on i felt a little better than i had been (was suffering from boredom induced depression) and when i had it on even in public i tended to act more like myself than i normally do, if that makes sense.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:25:33 AM by serpington »
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 02:09:39 PM »
Collars can get pretty uncomfortable when it's hot though, depending on what your it's made of. Mine are both nylon, and I can't stand wearing them when it's hot. Leather ones might be better, I wouldn't know.

I would imagine leather gets sticky and stuff from sweat in the heat.
Mines leather and I haven't had any issues with it. I suppose it's true that it get's slightly sticky, but I don't find that very uncomfortable. Most likely because I'm so used to it by now...
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Groo

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Otaku furry? Heck yeah!
    • Awards
  • Species: Black FOX
  • Coloring: Black and white
  • Height: 5 foot 5
  • Build: Slender and slightly miscular
  • Currently: Currently watching Higurashi >:3
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »
I wore a collar at school so I can sort of express how IDC what people think about me ^,,^. It was a nice leather collar :), People reacted fine, i got some odd looks but why would I care XD. One time i wore a fox tail to the mall and some kid too pics of me xP

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 04:03:22 PM »
Mine doesn't get sticky whatever the weather. Good, quality leather shouldn't get sweaty.

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »
Mine doesn't get sticky whatever the weather. Good, quality leather shouldn't get sweaty.
or smelly right?

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 09:02:32 PM »
Mine doesn't smell anything at all apart from a faint "fresh leather" scent.

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your anthro programmer...
    • Homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Kangaroo
  • Coloring: blue / green
  • Height: 6'3 / 1,91M
  • Weight: 154Lbs / 70Kg
  • Build: Sporty/bouncy
  • Currently: Oh no.... This IS my happy face.....
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 09:03:04 PM »
Hmm, never wore a collar before, mostly because i am to scared of what people (my parents) would say or think. T_T
Now i am thinking of getting a plain nylon one and just wearing it when i am not at home. :D

Only what do you say when people ask why you are wearing a coller, "im'a furry? :S"

A well, to the pet shop this weekend i guess....
-Trixsie Vixen "Chuck Norris called me Skippy once...  Once!"

Offline Lunaris

• Avid Aardvark
  • Lunaris Parukia, Underneath the Arcs of the Moon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Luna: 25% wolf, 75% Fox (Kitsune) Meph: Dragon Demon
  • Coloring: Luna: Ninetales-ish. Meph: mainly red, purple, black.
  • Height: Luna: Average height? Meph: Inbetween 2 & 3 meters.
  • Weight: Luna: About 60-70 Kg, Meph: 665 Kg?
  • Build: Luna: Slim, Meph: Very muscular.
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 01:11:39 AM »
At the time I was wondering if animals were annoyed by collars.
I then started to wear an old belt around my neck, and it felt pretty comfortable.

After a while, I bought a collar from the internet.
It took me forever to get the pin in the hole, and I felt a bit nervous and pretty excited.

It made me feel more furry.
I only take the collar off when I'm going outside, going to sleep and when I'm taking a shower.
I also attached my Pokéwalker on it.

It's a red leather collar with black leopard prints.

My mom liked it too, fortunately :D

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 02:02:45 AM »
Hmm, never wore a collar before, mostly because i am to scared of what people (my parents) would say or think.
Now i am thinking of getting a plain nylon one and just wearing it when i am not at home.

Only what do you say when people ask why you are wearing a coller, "im'a furry? :S"

lawl, i was thinking of making a thread asking people on advice on telling people why you wear a collar besides telling them you are a furry. Of course, people would ask what is a furry and you would end up telling a thousand people what a furry is, or you can direct them to the Internet and let them get infected with false info from trolls  :/

One of them (for school that I thought of) would be: "I'm the only one in the school that wears it. I am setting myself away from everyone else and I am suceeding. That is why I wear a collar"

Of course, I am thinking of more excuses but they will eventually get to the point where they start accusing you of being a furry. Then again, it's not only furries that wear collars. Some Goths wear them too.

So far, I've seen absolutely no one in my school wearing a collar, ever. So I might break that by wearing it in September, after I get a list of excuses  XD

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 04:48:08 AM »
Of course, people would ask what is a furry and you would end up telling a thousand people what a furry is, or you can direct them to the Internet and let them get infected with false info from trolls  :/
That is exactly the problem i see, you need to explain not only that you are part of the furry subculture, but also what a furry is. Else they read the "wrong" imformation on internet.

So far, I've seen absolutely no one in my school wearing a collar, ever. So I might break that by wearing it in September, after I get a list of excuses  XD

You might make some other "undercover" furry's to come out, and you start seeing collars everywhere.  :D

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 05:23:42 AM »
woo-hoo, mufti day tomorrow. I'm going to wear my collar under my jumper, if anyone spots it then I'll tell them the truth, if they don't then no worries. ^_^
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 10:14:41 AM »
woo-hoo, mufti day tomorrow. I'm going to wear my collar under my jumper, if anyone spots it then I'll tell them the truth, if they don't then no worries. ^_^

Well, good luck tomorrow  ^_^

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 11:15:21 AM »
i'll try to get some pics for you guys. ^_^

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »

You might make some other "undercover" furry's to come out, and you start seeing collars everywhere.  :D
I know that there is no way that I am the only furry in the entire school. I mean, it's full of asians and a lot enjoy anime. I'm sure that there might be a few, somewhere. They probably don't show it (or wear a collar) because  they haven't seen anyone do so. Ima plan to wear my collar to school in September, see what happens, see what new friends I make and how I could possible make a difference in my school.

I'm pretty sure it's not against my schools policy or anything.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:48:46 PM by ArticSkyWolf »

Offline Bags thirtysecond

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf dog (gray wolf-German Shepard mix)
  • Coloring: Green eyes. mostly gray, with black coloring on back and hands/feet. white on face and chest with some tan mixed in.
  • Height: 6' 1''
  • Weight: 175lbs
  • Build: lean, toned.
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2011, 04:19:22 AM »
 :/hmmm... I have heard of this, but never have worn a collar (well I have, but it was my old dogs, and I was a kid).

I wear dogtags nonstop, for a reason, but I wear them proud! so I can imagine what a collar feels like (more comfortable than dogtags, I hate waking up with them and the chain fused into my chest or back X3), but they do have a weight to them in more ways than one. So I cannot wear a collar in the regular since it goes against regs, but I would like to when I can.

To be honest, I know my friends and family, and they would not approve (in-fact I would lose some friends no doubt). But I think I'll keep myself a collar either way (wearing it in public... lets take this one step at a time). It will attract attention (it will on me, trust me), and it will be annoying explaining furries to everyone, but I gotta have pride! plus I think it will make two of my friends wear thier collars with pride (I'm pretty sure I know some closet furries). So off to get a collar! I'll be sure to tell you what it feels like :P

"people are stupid, persons are smart."
-AWHOO-AH!