The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Post and Talk about your Collars! And why you wear one  (Read 186763 times)

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: Your first moment with your collar?
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »
i know i promised some pics from today, but i realised shortly after getting to school that.....having batteries tends to help >_<.....and i also found that even if people had noticed my collar, i wouldn't have been the weirdest one at school. someone brought a pedobear costume. ^_^
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2011, 01:19:15 PM »
i know i promised some pics from today, but i realised shortly after getting to school that.....having batteries tends to help >_<.....and i also found that even if people had noticed my collar, i wouldn't have been the weirdest one at school. someone brought a pedobear costume. ^_^
I would imagine how weird it is to wear a collar to school. I mean, it was pretty weird that I brought my own mouse to school in October. For 2 weeks, my classmates were looking at me and laughing at me but it ended and it was a normal thing after 3 weeks. I still bring my mouse to school, and that's the only place I bring it too. I was a bit nervous when I popped out the mouse but at the end, everyone knows and then they really don't care.

I think for the mouse it's okay because I had a pretty solid reason: The School's mice suck (it does, it's these crappy old Dell mice) and I enjoy using my mouse. I'm guessing for wearing a collar, people are going to bug me for a while, then it's going to be a normal thing. But yet again, people will see my collar at school for 6 hours while for the mouse, it's only 1-2 hours... :|

I'm still gonna try to wear it to school in September. X3

Offline Fluffles

• Avid Aardvark
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Silver/Gray
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 02:59:39 AM »
Unlike most people on the forum, my cat and I hate wearing collars. We'd rather be naked :)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 09:45:14 AM »
My first time in a collar was like...

(Looks at self in mirror) Cool!
(Panic attack, get-it-offa-me feeling, gets it off, then puts it back on)
Cool. :P

It took some time getting used to it, but now I like it a lot. Sadly, I don't have one anymore...
Ah well, can't wear it around the house anyway...

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 10:56:28 PM »
so like today, my trolling anime-enjoying friend wore this red japanese bandana thing and I asked him why he wore it. He said that it was for Kendo Club. Then a classmate asked him and he said he's wearing it for fun. So I thought, "Hey, this is the best time to make a challenge" So I told him that Ima wear something for fun next school year in september. Ima wear my collar.  XP I'm pretty much ready for a rain of questions.  X3

My answer?
I'm wearing it for fun.  B)
If people start asking if ima furry (or accusing anything), i will tell them, and what a furry is if it's needed.   ^_^

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 11:09:14 PM »
so like today, my trolling anime-enjoying friend wore this red japanese bandana thing and I asked him why he wore it. He said that it was for Kendo Club. Then a classmate asked him and he said he's wearing it for fun. So I thought, "Hey, this is the best time to make a challenge" So I told him that Ima wear something for fun next school year in september. Ima wear my collar.  I'm pretty much ready for a rain of questions.

My answer?
I'm wearing it for fun.
If people start asking if ima furry (or accusing anything), i will tell them, and what a furry is if it's needed.
Haha, sounds awesome :3

Myself ima wear my collar for ma graduation from elementary school tomorrow :D
NOTHING will keep me from wearing it! I mean, it is indeed my big day and my collar is really something that symbolizes me...
So therefore, I see no reason not to wanna wear my collar for it! :D
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 12:45:53 AM »
I loved my collar, and my heart was fluttering rapidly when I first put mine on. My parents think it's unsightly, and disgraceful. My friends think it rocks hard. For me, it was like an engagement ring, as I got mine when I gave Vee her's.

here's what i have ---->

oh lord you got one of those crappy hot topic ones..>>
expect THAT to not last long..mine broke REAL quick..

me, i have a custom made collar (it was $65...ouch) and ironicaly it fit..but it was to wide and chaffes me....v.v

im gonna invest in a normal collar from petco
It has lasted him almost three years, I think he'll be just fine.

I knew I wanted my collar as soon as I saw it in the store and it wasn't insanely priced, so it was perfect.
When I put in on for the first time, I had to get used to something wrapped that close around my neck but I quickly got used to it. I love it.
My mom doesn't really say anything about it but I know she doesn't really care for it, but she knows that it's my decision to wear it so she let's me be. My dad always makes a comment when he sees Shinzuu and/or me wearing our collars, or he just makes a face like "Seriously?" We wore ours on our trip to Niagara Falls, ON last week and at one point he said to Shinzuu and I (after him giving a look and me saying something to the affect of "Don't even say it"), "I'm not saying anything. I just don't understand why you'd want to wear something that people will make fun of you for." And I went into this whole speech about how people do things that are 'different' all the time that people make fun of them for, not just us, and that others just have to deal with it because it's something we like no matter what anyone else thinks. He was just like, "I know..." and I was like, "Not really." and he didn't really say anything else after that.
I can't stand wearing mine when it's hot unless I loosen it up 'cause it will rub against my neck and sweat will get stuck under it and make my neck all gross.
I have no problem wearing mine in public, but it's not like a regular dog collar, it's small and cute, so it could be passed off as a normal accessory to some people.

This is mine. (Yes, I had short hair when this picture was taken. It was two years ago, at a zoo.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 12:47:57 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 12:49:31 AM »
i don't have a collar, unless a choker counts? you know, a goth-choker

this===> 

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 12:50:53 AM »
You put it on like a collar and some regular collars look like that, so I say it counts.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 12:59:50 AM »
...AWESOME! *puts on choker* ACH! CAN'T... BREATHE! It's choking me...

Offline Zae

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 02:15:00 AM »
My first experiance with my collar was last weekend, june 10, 11 and 12th. I went camping and I had two friends going with me so I wanted to see what they though of it, seeing as none of my friends know I'm a furry. I wore the collar, and they saw it. I know they did. Surprisingly, they didn't comment on it or ask me about it like I thought they would. Kinda gave me confidence in wearing my collar I guess you could say.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 02:22:35 AM »
i wore my collar to school befor teachers looked at me weird, my aunt saw it made a stupid comment that it made me look bi ( iam not bi) and my mom wont really let me where one but i do any way to fur meets and cons and when iam alone   hears how my new one looks

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=590638&l=1b0d63c0e1&id=100001048905035
its the thick black one
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:25:57 AM by icy wolf »
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »
i wore my collar to school befor teachers looked at me weird, my aunt saw it made a stupid comment that it made me look bi ( iam not bi) and my mom wont really let me where one but i do any way to fur meets and cons and when iam alone   hears how my new one looks

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=590638&l=1b0d63c0e1&id=100001048905035
its the thick black one
im sure everyone is going to look at me weird...

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 10:47:26 PM »
I... want a collar  :( ... When I'll have the cash, I'll go buy one at one of the 2 petshops in my little town and I will post on my reactions and the other's reactions ^-^
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 11:11:42 PM »
I think we've influenced you to get a collar even more or something  :P