The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Regrets of traveling alone  (Read 8846 times)

ThatJaredGuy

Regrets of traveling alone
« on: April 21, 2007, 08:41:52 AM »
All right, for this one start your first post with a short description.

Name:
Fursona:
Coloring:
Clothing:
Markings:
What you're traveling with:

For me, that would be:

Name: Jared
Fursona: Wolf
Coloring: White
Clothing: T-shirt, shorts
Markings: Left hand is all black from above the wrist down, several black lines trace up from the point with solid color towards bicep
What you're traveling with: Backpack has kindling, matches, food of various kinds, compass, pocket knife, canteen, and other such supplies. (Not enough room for a sleeping bag unfortunately.)

Well, let me get this thing started.

The rain had been falling on the white wolf for over an hour and a glance at the sky showed that it wasn't going to be letting up. Lightning split the sky and thunder soon followed. Shelter was the only thing on his mind and he searched all over for it. He knew he couldn't check his map in this downpour or it'd be ruined. His fur was thoroughly soaked and he cursed himself under his breath for not packing anything to keep the rain off. A cave's black entrance loomed off the side of the path about 30 yards away from his spot on the road. He ran as fast as he could towards the entrance of it. Despite it being dark, he could see that the cave wasn't expansive but was the size of a large room. He took off his shirt and wrung it out and shook off his fur. After he had wrung out his pants as well, he dressed again and attempted to find wood for a fire to dry himself off with. It was when he was finding his 4th decently sized piece that he heard something out in the rain...

Offline Kaz

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Chaos, Where Great Dreams Begin...
    • Awards
Re: Regrets of traveling alone
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:03:06 PM »
Name: Kaz
Fursona: White Tiger
Coloring: White with black stripes.
Clothing: A knee length tattered black dress, obviously ripped on purpose. A thick black leather collar with steel rings all the way around.
Markings: On her back was a set of black markings, they almost seemed like twisted mini wings set into her fur.
What you're traveling with: A glowing piece of black stone which emanated a soft pearl color, other than that. Nothing.

The black leather string was wrapped tightly around her wrist and part of her hand as she clasped tightly onto the slightly vibrating stone, running swiftly she had been dodging and weaving through trees and low branches for the past thirty minutes or so and it had begun to rain.. She snorted to herself stopping only for a moment to scan the area she was in intenyl, finding a small black blotch far off in the distance. Natural instincts told her to head for it, and she did as fast as her legs would carry her at this rate. She stopped about twenty yards away from the cave, sensing someone else there, she had sensed it earlier and ignored it but now it made her a bit edgy. She approached wearily, if she died from this point, so be it.. She had no where else to go. Ten yards away and moving slowly closer she shifted her gaze to the ground, still holding tight to the stone.
...Blood On Her Skin, Dripping With Sin...
...Do It Again, Living Dead Girl...

ThatJaredGuy

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 05:00:06 PM »
Since the rain made his sense of smell useless, Jared had to resort to his eyes to see the approaching creature. Every so often, he thought he could make out something black and white darting through the trees. He strained his ears to try to pick up any sound that was louder than the falling rain. The tiger was spotted only within several yards of the cave. He could tell she had sensed him there too and was hesitating. "Uh...Hi," and then, seeing he had startled her, "sorry, but this cave is dry and I was about to get a fire started."

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 08:44:33 PM »
 Name: kitsune
Fursona: arctic fox
Coloring:wight belly light grey back with dark grey arms and legs
Clothing:a pair of small black shorts and a black tie top
Markings:has a scar on my leg
What you're traveling with: pillow, blanket and some food

see both of the othe people and climbs a tree, starts to made a roof and floor by bending the branches to shelter myself from the down pour of rain and is unable to smell if they are know it is also hard to say them to see if the are know as well
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 09:40:38 PM »
Name: Nyx
Fursona: Dark Dragoness
Coloring: Black/dark gray with a light gray underbelly. (http://www.furaffinity.net/view/474885/)
Clothing: Ripped and tattered dark gray skirt, tattered black cloak, a pair of happiness goggles, black studded gloves, black buckled top.(http://www.furaffinity.net/view/462665/)
Markings: Nothing in particular.
What you're traveling with: Nothing, for now.

------

Nyx sensed something in her cave. Whatever it was, it was in her entrance. She stood to her haunches and walked down a narrow pathway that exited her own room, and headed to the entrance. Apparently, the two creatures had missed the small lip that diverted attention from the hallway that lead to Nyx's network of caves. Poking her head out from behind the wall of rock, she identified the two intruders. One was a white tiger, one was a white wolf. Nyx let out a low growl. She hated it when people came in and made themselves at home.

Offline Takuya Hakumei

• Melodious Mouse
  • Weapons Master Takuya hakumei
    • Awards
  • Species: half fox(only ears and tail), Ragdoll, Lerianthrope
  • Coloring: medium length Golden blonde hair, slightly messed up, white tufts on grey ears and tail
  • Height: 6"
  • Weight: 179
  • Build: Lithe, tall, agile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 02:34:58 AM »
Name: Russet
Fursona: Cat
Coloring: Twilight black
Clothing: ripped blue tunic and black traviling breeches
Markings: a scar from a life or death fight with a mean lizard
What you're traveling with: flint, a tinder box, some light
provisions and a strange gemstone

That day was dark and dismal. After being exiled from his clan, Russet had left in hopes of a better life, what he found was rain and lonleyness. He had just given up on finding shelter, when he heard a growl to his left. Turning sharpley, he saw a cave with two people inside backed against a wall. He rushed in, as his curse would not let him leave anyone without defence, or suffer excrusiating pain. He rushed in, screaming savagely, but stoped dead in his tracks, face to face with a dragon...
Upon mine soul twas shot the dart,
a tax unto my mind,
twas the darkness found me bind,
eternally to your heart.

ThatJaredGuy

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 04:16:24 AM »
Jared kept his back pressed against the wall of the cave. He had no issue with the dragoness looming in front of him, but didn't think it'd be easy for her to believe him. He was startled when the cat came bounding into the cave but was glad to see the dragon turn her menacing gaze towards someone else for the moment. Not wanting to see any senseless violence come from the situation, he spoke up. "I can assure you that we thought this cave was not being used when we came in. I'm terribly sorry for trespassing in your domain." The wolf was surprised at his speech being made without stammering. "If you're going to blame anyone for the intrusion, blame me. I was the first here so you can at least let the others go."

Offline Kaz

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 10:00:16 AM »
Kaz had stayed silent, only shifting her gaze up to look at Jared momentarily as the fur on the back of her neck rose slightly. Another presence in the cave, seeing something move behind the wall of rock she blink and looked upon the dragoness shifting herself slightly so that she was standing partially outside. She turned her head, her attention drawn to a strange noise from outside, soon to find out it was a cat rushing towards them. She blinked and sighed softly, taking the leather strap off her hand and placing the stone around her neck. Her gaze shifted back to the dragoness, who was obviously annoyed with their being there, "I apologize as well." she said softly, "I had no idea, I shall take my leave." she bowed her head slightly and moved back outside, climbing up into a tree finding a hole in a trunk big enough to fit her. She curled up and yawned softly, her gaze fixed on a large mass amongst the tree tops..

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 11:58:31 AM »
Looking at the two that remained in the cave for a moment, she took in a breath and sighed. It was raining rather hard, and she didn't really blame them for coming into her cave thinking it was abandoned. Nyx hadn't really portrayed that she lived here from the entrance. "I suppose you could stay. I just don't like it when individuals make assumptions that they can invade on all property and settle themselves. It happens too much with the humans. And when they settle, they hunt on my game, take all the resources from the land, and try to kill whatever opposes them." Her silvery eyes had turn onto the tiger who had crawled into a hole in a tree. "Go get her and tell her she's welcome to stay as well. The rain is too harsh for her to stay out in the cold. You're welcome to the other chambers in my cave, just don't touch anything." Before turning and heading back to her chamber, the dragoness blew a small flame, lighting the kindilin that the wolf had gathered.

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
kitsune had seen Kaz come over to the tree and climbing in to the hole and saw her curl up in it, so kitsune hung down from the little house she had made using the branches from the tree and then climbed back up, sets out her pillow and blanket before getting a tin of soup and eatting it,when she was done she looked back over to the cave and saw the dragoness with the two furries as well
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 04:40:08 PM by kitsune93 »
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix

ThatJaredGuy

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 05:03:27 PM »
Jared stepped out of the cave to go retrieve the tiger. "Hey!" he called, "She says we can stay as long as we don't touch anything." He waited until he saw the tigress begin her descent from the tree before returning to the mouth of the cave. After he had made sure she descended safely, he looked around the cave with the new light made by the fire.

Offline Takuya Hakumei

• Melodious Mouse
  • Weapons Master Takuya hakumei
    • Awards
  • Species: half fox(only ears and tail), Ragdoll, Lerianthrope
  • Coloring: medium length Golden blonde hair, slightly messed up, white tufts on grey ears and tail
  • Height: 6"
  • Weight: 179
  • Build: Lithe, tall, agile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 01:50:53 AM »
 Russet felt his muscles relax, and he knew there was no danger from the dragoness. Sighing softly, he sat near the fire, looking over the wound on his arm. He took out a black gem and, murmering a few words traced the wound with it. The muscles knitted them selves and the pain receded. Sighing in relief, he put the strange stone away, and took out the jerky he had been saving. He began to nible slowly, and said, "I assure you, honourable Dragoness, That I only plan on staying the night," and then,"Why are you all traveling?"...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 01:56:51 AM by Russet Fleetfoot »
Upon mine soul twas shot the dart,
a tax unto my mind,
twas the darkness found me bind,
eternally to your heart.

Offline Kaz

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 02:01:45 AM »
Kaz had seen Kitsune and blinked, tilting her head slightly before she heard Jared call out to her. She blinked and climbed down slowly head first then jumped down to the ground when she was about ten feet away from the bottom, landing on all fours. Walking slowly back to the cave she was still hesitant, she didn't want pity and that's what this felt like it was. Sighing softly she finally returned to the cave and stood out of view at the mouth, leaning against the rock, she wasn't one to stay around others.. They'd always shunned her in the past. Maybe, maybe tonight would be different.. Finally she stepped into the cave, and looked around at the furres inside, "There is.. Another furre, in the trees.." she murmured softly and pointed to the black mass which made Kitsune's temporary home.

ThatJaredGuy

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 02:35:20 AM »
Jared was glad to see the tigress come back into the cave. He hated to see anyone suffer through nature's more harsh moments. "Another fur outside? Hmm....I'm sorry, brave cat, but I'll have to answer your question once I've retrieved it." With that, the wolf again stepped out into the rain, taking notice of the tiger keeping away from the group. When he had gotten to the base of the tree that Kaz had climbed down from, he called up to the fur in the tree. "Hello? We have a warm fire started in the cave and thought you might like to join us since this rain doesn't look like it will stop for quite a while."

Offline Kaz

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 03:00:21 AM »
Kaz's gaze had shifted to the other cat in the cave and she shifted uneasily, moving away from him she moved to the farthest wall of the cave and sat down. Drawing her knees to her chest slowly, she rested her chin upon her knee caps and yawned softly, her gaze fixed to the dancing flames. 'I hope..' she thought to herself, she didn't want to be forced out because of what she was.. Her mind wandered and she had soon fallen asleep balled up as she was, she was tired.. She'd been traveling for days.