The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Regrets of traveling alone  (Read 8866 times)

Offline BethanieStealsCheese

Re: Regrets of traveling alone
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 10:47:57 PM »
Vira nodded to both Nyx and Jared.

"That's very kind of you, both of you. I would like it very much to have help, as it seems that I'm always one step behind. Maybe a couple extra pairs of paws would help me catch up," she said smiling.

Vira was able to catch moderate sleep that night, and awoke to the sound of Russet doing his exercises against a tree.

"Well, I guess that means no more sleep for me," she mused with a yawn revealing a set of large fangs, which slightly overlapped her lip when her mouth was shut.

Staying within the still cool air within the confines of the cave, Vira sat cross legged with her back facing the others. She closed her eyes and placed her hands in her lap, murmuring something barely audible. A small sphere-like orb of what seemed to be pitch black smoke arose from her palms, hovering moments in the air, before disolving into thin air. Sliding her feet out to both sides of her, Vira stretched, still murmuring some unknown chant. Once she had achieved her needed state of mind, she stood and walked out into the sun, wincing only slightly at it's brightness.

"Looks to be a better day than yesterday," she smiled. "While I don't mind the rain, something about the sun on your scales can do much for your countenance."

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 01:07:04 AM »
Nyx had not slept that night, and before the others had awakened, she made her way to a rock, ready to sunbathe. Although she was a dark dragoness and preferred the night, she always seemed to want to get her daily dose of sunshine. The sun rose, and she took a short nap before the others began to stir. Groggily lifting her head and absorbing the warmth, she saw one, Russet training while the other dragoness made her way out of the cave.

Offline Kaz

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Chaos, Where Great Dreams Begin...
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 03:22:17 AM »
Kaz moved the blanket to the side, poking at the burning embers of the almsot dead fire. She stood up slowly and stretched whilst yawning, she looked around and noticed she seemed to be the only one left inside the cave and she blinked. Stepping over everyones belongings she poked her head outside and began to watch as everyone moved about, 'So hungry.." she said softly to herself placing her paw to her stomach. She knew there'd be no dry firewood left it had been raining too hard, and all night. Gingerly she stepped out into the sun, cringing from the brightness slightly before looking around her, noticing Nyx off int he distance, Russet training, and Jared and Vira who seemed to have just gotten out of the cave.

She moved off away from everyone to hunt for food, finding a small stream she sat near the edge contemplating. "Honestly I don't feel like getting wet.." she said to herself before stepping into the cold waters, a shiver sent up her spine. "Figures.." she sent her paw straight into the waters and threw a fish onto the dry land, "I wonder if they shall want some as well.." she said pulling out fish after fish throwing them to the river bank, forming a nice pile. "That should be enough..." she turned and began to gather the fish up into a cloth and then she tied it off and held it at her side.

She had begun to return to the cave when she heard something in the forest snap, a dry twig it had seemed. Ears pricking up instantly she stood still as she looked into the distance around her, all she saw were trees and shadows.. The sun had not fully risen yet and hadn't reached the area she was in, the trees shadows covered next to everything.
...Blood On Her Skin, Dripping With Sin...
...Do It Again, Living Dead Girl...

ThatJaredGuy

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 04:22:19 AM »
Jared snapped to attention and put his shirt back on. The twig snapping made him jump since it was so quiet beforehand. He saw that Kaz had heard it too and quietly went to join her, his ears trying to pick up any sound that would give away whatever it was.

Offline Kaz

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2007, 05:14:26 AM »
Wearily Kaz moved back to the cave something was following her, and she couldn't figure out what. She could sense it, and hear it, yet she couldnt' pick up it's scent and that bothered her. Noticing Jared walking towards her she moved slightly faster than previous and placed her free paw on his shoulder, "I don't know, what's out there.." she said slightly short of breath, "I can't pick up a scent..."

Hand still tightly clinging to the cloth of fish she looked behind her, she had made her way out of the dence trees and could see everyone else in view now, Russet, Nyx, Vira.. Looking behind her again she waited. wanting to know what it was lurking in the darkness and expecting to find nothing.

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
Vira could sense something, as well. A dark mass of smoke condensed seemingly from thin air, and enveloped her. As it grew, she did also, taking her full feral form. She nodded to Kaz as she approached, noticing she was slightly out of breath and guessing she had sensed the presence of another also.

Vira made a few steps towards the trees, and stopped, becoming invisible from tail to tip. She was now prepared for whatever would emerge from the brush.

Offline Kaz

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2007, 10:52:29 AM »
Kaz looked on into the forest still waiting for whatever it was that had spooked her, minutes passed and still nothing... Then suddenly as quickly as it had come, the feeling vanished she no longer sensed anything and that made her even more on edge. "It... It's gone?.." she said puzzled, almost dropping her catch of fish. She was tempted to go back into the forest just to investigate but knew, if something was there... If she couldn't sense it she'd be just like bait. "How strange.." she murmured to herself softly, 'Maybe it was just my imagination..' she thought to herself as she stood there somewhat sheepish. She knew they had sensed it as well, but whatever it was it was gone now.

She headed back to the cave and sat back in the spot she had dozed off in, dropping the cloth full of fish in the middle of the floor. 'What.. was out there...' she kept talking to herself within her head, trying to work out what it was that had spooked her. The fur on the back of her neck was still pricked high, she felt watched.. "I hunted fish for everyone.." she finally said looking up to those who came back into the cave.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2007, 01:31:04 PM »
Seeing the others gather back to the cave, Nyx groggily stood on all  fours and walked into the cave where the others were flocked around a pile of fish. Apparently, the tigress had caught them for the group. The dragoness's appetite was not at large, so she thanked the tigress and found a corner in the cave to sit.

Offline Kaz

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2007, 10:30:41 PM »
Kaz nodded to Nyx and then opened the cloth which held the fish pile, spreading the fish out on the cloth she sat back. "I hope this is enough for everyone.." she said softly and with her gaze to the floor, she bowed her head and sat back still slightly spooked from whatever it was that had been in the forest.

Offline Takuya Hakumei

• Melodious Mouse
  • Weapons Master Takuya hakumei
    • Awards
  • Species: half fox(only ears and tail), Ragdoll, Lerianthrope
  • Coloring: medium length Golden blonde hair, slightly messed up, white tufts on grey ears and tail
  • Height: 6"
  • Weight: 179
  • Build: Lithe, tall, agile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2007, 11:43:42 PM »
 Russet paused. He had sensed something... The feeling was gone but he knew what it was. He walked slowly back to the cave, smelling fish. He grabbed a bass from the pile, mumbled his thanks, and sat in a far corner. He absentmindedly started a fire and began to cook the bass.

he thought to himself,
Why, why is this happening here, now? I haven't felt this... dread, in a long time. Why brother? Why have you come back to haunt me now? It's been, three and a half years... have you come for the pendent, or because of what happened there all those years ago...
Upon mine soul twas shot the dart,
a tax unto my mind,
twas the darkness found me bind,
eternally to your heart.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2007, 09:19:35 PM »
Name: Vosur Aekira
Fursona: Lycan (Wolf)
((These pics might answer most of the spots remaining... So I'll group them together.))
Appearance:

Carrying with: Wearing a set of dog-tags around his neck, weapons on his back under a hiking backpack, and a water pouch on a belt around his waist. Inside the backpack: A full spare set of clothing, (when fully active) a week's worth of Meals-Ready-to-Eat (google MRE and you'll see what I mean), a full spare waterpack, and a white ocarina.

Vosur wanders into the forest, he knew he had to move about almost constantly... and so began his trek through the woods. He didn't know what to expect nor did he want to find anything he didn't prepare for, but sometimes that is how life is.

((And this'll be where I'll have to end it for the night... getting late for me and time to crash...))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 09:25:53 PM by Vosur »

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2007, 12:48:13 AM »
Something about the way the situation, and her dragon sense, had played out bothered Vira. She didn't like the idea of something being able to shift in and out of her detection that easily. Staying in her feral, invisible form, she took a few more steps towards the forest.

"I will be back soon," she tossed back at the group as they gathered around the fish.

Slinking off silently, Vira made her way deeper into the forest, snaking in and out of trees. She stopped by the river, where she guess the fish that had been caught must have come from, and lowered her form to the ground. She'd come this far, and there was still no sign of danger present.

Vira stopped by the river, and feeling more relaxed now, and still not sensing any danger, she laid down on the bank for a nap. Vira splayed her long black locks out over the grass to dry, and drifted off.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 12:46:36 AM by BethanieStealsCheese »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2007, 02:58:10 AM »
As he continued moving, he heard the runnuing water of a river. Perfect timing... I need to fill up both water packs... he thought to himself. Vosur had consumed all the water from both of them during his quick movement and needed to refill them as quickly as he could. Kneeling down to fill one of them with his left hand to move it against the current of the clear water, he hears movement nearby. Hoping he hadn't already drawn added attention to himself, he finished filling up the one water pack and puts it away, then quietly begins to fill the other, constantly shifting his eyes and ears to keep himself aware of his surroundings.

Offline Kaz

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2007, 12:36:51 PM »
Kaz had drawn her legs up to her chest having lost her appetite, then began to watch the fire dance about. 'What.. was that?' she thought to herself, 'It had no scent.. And there wasn't anything dry out there to begin with...' she turned her head and rested her cheek on her knee, 'How strange... And what made it worse, I didn't even SEE it..' she continued to ponder in silence and soon it became apperant she was lost in her thoughts. Shifting only slightly to take hold of the odd stone in her hand, she held it to her chest and sighed softly.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2007, 03:00:16 PM »
He looks around again and pulls out the second water pack from the river and puts it on his belt... he didn't hear movement anymore. "Probably my imagination.." He ventures over to a large chair-like rock and sits on it, pulling out a brilliantly-white flute-like instrument, but it was shaped like a potato. (An ocarina)  He quietly plays a few notes on it, then as he relaxes to his own music, he begins to play more fluidly with each passing moment.