The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fit furries?  (Read 4114 times)

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
Fit furries?
« on: March 31, 2011, 01:46:01 AM »
Hey there I have no idea where to put this so yeah, just move it if it needs to be (not like you need my blessing or anything >.>)

any way. yeah I was just wondering if there are any furs that like to keep fit and healthy, and if so, how do you do it? like what exercises and diet do you have etc.

and for those of you who don't, why not? just too much effort? Not enough time? Tell us your reasons! :3

Okay for me I am a fitness freak :P

for diet I eat alot of chicken and fish, and whey powder (yuck lol)
Fruits and veggies (nom nom yum yum) :)

and I go to the gym three times a week, work out my back and abs on the first day, shoulders, biceps and triceps on the second and legs and stomach on the third.

what about YOU!!!!!1111!!!1111oneoneoneeleven

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: Fit furries?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 01:53:49 AM »
Im on the lazier side of fitness. I get enough of a workout at work. I gotta lift 6 pound chubs of meat, push them back and forth, sometimes hold them down while doing it, lift 40 pounds of frying oil twice a week, Im gonna relax in my spare time. Food, Ive cut back minorly. I still drink pop and unhealthy foods, but I dont scarf down junk food 24/7, too expensive.

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 01:56:56 AM »
I've gotten into my routine again of going mondays, wensdays and sundays.
I work on Biceps and triceps on monday, Core and legs on wensdays, and back, chest and shoulders on sundays.
And I work on cardio every second visit.

I drink protein shakes after each workout even though they taste like fermented hair and cat piss.
My diet actually isn't incredibly healthy but I'm trying to cut down on junk a bit.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:21:19 AM by WingedZephyr »
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 01:59:44 AM »
Aww that's awesome :) I know protein shakes taste horrible >.< but they're good :3

Oh I hit a milestone today!! I can lift 200kgs with my legs!!

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 02:02:59 AM »
Nicely done, I love doing legs, it makes me feel really strong. >:3
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 02:05:03 AM »
I usually swim twice a week. I used to be a competitive swimmer, so I usually swim about a mile and a half. Works out the whole body. Also try and watch the food I eat to make sure is doesn't have TOO much garbage in it. Although thats hard living on a college campus :/
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Harley (Squeak)

• Squeeze me! I squeak.
  • Avid Aardvark
  • Squeeeeeak!
    • DeviantArt
    • DevART
    • Awards
  • Species: Bobcat/Snow Leopard hybrid
  • Coloring: White fur with very dark grey markings
  • Height: 5 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: 196lbs
  • Build: Curvy, heavyset, stout
  • Currently: Doodlin'
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 04:57:16 AM »
I'm very lazy. I always have been. I eat healthy and don't splurge on junk food, but I don't work out very often.

I guess though, my favorite exercise would be dance. :D
Add my RealID on WoW so we can chat!
* [email protected] *

Offline albercroc

• Avid Aardvark
  • Yes, I'm wearing a black necktie
    • Awards
  • Species: Skaly
  • Coloring: green
  • Height: 185
  • Weight: a big guy
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 11:01:30 AM »
Last year I lost 44 pounds. Just eating what a nutricionist said to me. I am very satisfied because now I prefer not to eat so much meat, I feel better and I'm starting to do some sport. I hope not to be seduced by the dark force of the ice creams this summer!  :P

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 11:23:37 AM »
I'm lazy, but I'm losing weight. But it doesn't help that I put the wait back on immediately. :sweatdrop: eh, he he he. I try to eat healthy, but, old habits and all that. Im actually going to start working out a little bit each day. For now, I can only use the sitting-bike i have at the house. But I'll be on it while I play WoW, troll the forums, or draw. >.> I swear officer, I'll stay away from those nasty sites... such as newgrounds.

Offline Haxor

• Maverick Hunter
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • Is that all you got?
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Black fur, white hair, and mask, with white stripes on my tail
  • Height: 5"6
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: toned
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 03:55:42 AM »
I usually run once a week, not a lot, but it gives me something to do. I never really tackled weights and getting ripped  :/ YET
my friends for the summer want to go 3 times a week to our local YMCA to get in shape. My bro has protein mix, and stuff to help, if he even lets me use them  >.>
Mavericks are a blight of the world, and its my job to eradicate them.

Sona done by: lock-wolf.tumblr.com/

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 04:12:32 AM »
Cardio no less than 3 times a week, trying to restrict caffeine and carbonated-water intake (replacing with juices instead).

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 05:26:24 AM »
Cardio no less than 3 times a week, trying to restrict caffeine and carbonated-water intake (replacing with juices instead).

I'm trying to lower caffeine too...and sugar. Its so hard not to drink Dr. Pepper, and its just so bad for you. Its just so delicious!
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 06:59:03 AM »
Well, I'm the type that's very lazy usually, but still stays fit :P

At home, usually, I am pretty lazy, and I eat averagely., not really more than I need.
I think the reason I stay pretty fit is because I walk alot when I'm going to- and from school... I walk about 20-30 minutes a day on average, some days more, some days less.. but that's my average anyhow.

However, I do kind of think I'm sliiightly underweight tbh...
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Carina

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: jaguar
  • Coloring: albino
  • Height: 5' 11&quot;
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: voluptuous
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 01:33:41 PM »
We aren't fitness freaks or anything. Hubby and I eat what we want when we want and do a little running a few times a week (when he is on days off). I am naturally athletic and havent really ever had to exercise to stay in shape.

Hubby? He used to work out a lot when he was in the Marines. But now, like I said, we only run a few times a week. He says he gets all the exercise he needs at work (he's a derrick hand). throws 200 pound sacks of bar, and racks back 20 pound per foot pipe all day long. Couple that with helping the floor hands pull 300 pound slips and throwing 250 pound tongs, and he does pretty well.

He says he stays in shape by a constant diet of redmeat, dark beer and full bodied cigars.

Offline Craxis

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Siberian Tiger
  • Height: 6&quot; 8&quot;
  • Weight: 280
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 12:58:36 AM »
We aren't fitness freaks or anything. Hubby and I eat what we want when we want and do a little running a few times a week (when he is on days off). I am naturally athletic and havent really ever had to exercise to stay in shape.

Hubby? He used to work out a lot when he was in the Marines. But now, like I said, we only run a few times a week. He says he gets all the exercise he needs at work (he's a derrick hand). throws 200 pound sacks of bar, and racks back 20 pound per foot pipe all day long. Couple that with helping the floor hands pull 300 pound slips and throwing 250 pound tongs, and he does pretty well.

He says he stays in shape by a constant diet of redmeat, dark beer and full bodied cigars.

Hey. Im in shape. A tree trunk is a shape. Isn't that right chicken legs?