The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fit furries?  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Re: Fit furries?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 07:38:29 PM »
Yes, technically you don't have to. When your on a diet you also don't have to stick to it, that's why when someone give you advice there aren't going to give the technical answers. Absolutes are best in this situation.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Craxis

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Siberian Tiger
  • Height: 6&quot; 8&quot;
  • Weight: 280
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 09:04:36 PM »
Sorry if I seemed harsh. I tend to be gruff when I don't mean to.

Saying someone is wrong on a topic like this is kind of like saying someone is wrong when they say they like abstract art.

I do believe that there are better ways to go about getting into shape and staying in shape, and I believe that some techniques are better than others. But everyone's body is different, and as such how they work their body is going to be different.

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 05:13:06 AM »
im handicaped so i cant excersize..so staying fit is HARD

so my entire fitness has to be diet based, i fill the majority of my meals with rice. if i have the munchies i eat raw broccoli with a lil ranch and i enjoy poached egg on toast for breakfast and i drink lots inbetween

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline Fossy

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
I try to run everyday for at least 2-3 miles alongside my doggies. If I don't, I tend to feel down in the dumps.

I can't seem to motivate myself long enough to stick to weightlifting, perhaps I need a partner?

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 12:26:16 AM »
Holy crap someone who is 112 wants to loose weight? 0_0 I've seen it all now.

I certainly splurge on junk food all the time. But during meals I appreciate healthy add ons like milks, meats, veggies. Sometimes I even prefer healthy desserts and snacks like fruit and bread. I simply try to keep my diet balanced. I don't give a flying monkey about calories or specifics, but if I eat something fatty for a meal, I make sure to balance it later and the next day with healthy meals. I rarely drink sodas, because I actually prefer 2% milk and juices! Fat free stuff? Not happening. I'll lower intake, go down to 2% milk, eat only organic things, but fat free? I'd rather choke on my sour cream spoon and die than eat those abominations ruining the joy of food. XD

As for excercise....I'm....um....a shrimp. ......I can't lift the bar when benchpressing nor make a lap around the school. I'm talking major shrimp....but I still like to excercise. I take my dog on three mile walks every other day plus all the walking I do at school. I like to stretch and do sit ups. I really like to, when I have the road open to me, just go running for awhile even though it exashts me. I love tennis, badmitton and floor hockey.

I'm a healthy weight and have a good figure. So I'm happy not changing my routine for now. XD
x

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 12:42:52 AM »
No I don't do any fitness things at all so I'm a tall, walking skeleton, but I do eat healthy and almost never get sick.
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline KJOokami

• Avid Aardvark
  • | Lackadaisical Enthusiasm |
  • Species: Wolf-dragon hybrid
  • Coloring: Black and gray with various red markings
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 135 lbs
  • Build: Lanky, but with well-toned muscle
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 03:51:55 AM »
I'm also under the "tall, scrawny" build. I've only ever worked out on a regular basis once in my life. From age 15 to 16, for the most part, I visited the local gym a few times a week, and while I didn't really have any clue about how to work out efficiently, I was probably in the best shape of my life at that point. I basically just ran on the treadmill for 10-15 minutes (once I'd worked up enough stamina to do so, of course), then worked my biceps and triceps, followed by my legs, then back to arms and shoulders, and back to legs if I wasn't completely worn out by that point.

As for my current "workout" schedule, it's essentially non-existent. I do a 3-minute ab or chest routine I saw on Youtube every now and again when I remember to (I'm trying to get into the habit of doing the two workouts alternatively each night) and I've seen some pretty decent results just from that. But then again, I'm skinny as hell and my metabolism is practically off the charts (much to my friends' irritation), so I know that's not gonna do anything for most people. Lol. I don't eat healthy at all, really. Most of my meals these days consist of pizza or burgers from the cafeteria at college, though I try to mix it up and toss in a salad when I can or some pasta or chicken when it's available, but my good health is hardly the effect of my dietary habits. I'm just incredibly blessed, physically. When my metabolism goes, I don't know what's gonna happen to me. XD
~~~~~~~
It's an insanity thing; you wouldn't understand.
Avatar done by the wonderful KaprikaAZ! Thanks, Kat!