The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Statistics  (Read 24244 times)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Re: Statistics
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2011, 04:05:27 AM »
I rounded down the 97%..

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2011, 11:09:41 AM »
The statistics I'm giving here make use of the server logs and Google Analytics to show trends and information of all visitors to the forum.

Note: All statistics are correct as of 1st June, 10:49 GMT.

Last month the forums transferred nearly 21 GIGABYTES of data and has so far experienced 100% uptime. This means that per visit each user downloads 1.2 MB of data through an average of 2.6 visits per visitor. This doesn't include nearly 18 GB of bandwidth from bots etc.

The busiest day this month was the 25th (over 950 MB) and the quietest was the 6th (over 500 MB). Interestingly the busiest days of the week are Tuesday and Wednesday with the quietest being Friday. Most visits occur around 10pm GMT (4pm Central) with the least at 9am GMT (3am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by the UK. We've also had visitors from the Canada, Australia, Sweden, Germany, Norway, Ukraine, Russia, China, Poland, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Serbia, Latvia, Denmark, Finland, Romania, South Korea, Spain, Pakistan, Israel, Slovenia.

The top 25 users shows WingedZephyr having used the most bandwidth this month followed closely by Macid with Chris the Lizard at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 700 MB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders MSNBot has used nearly 2.9 GB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 1.6 GB.

Most visits last between 0 and 30 seconds (probably bots) with the next largest visit being over an hour! The average overall is about 17 minutes.

70% of users use Windows with 40% using 2008 followed by 18% using X.P and then Vista / 7 with 10%. Mac accounts for 9% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is at 4% with the majority using Android although Ubuntu, SUSE, Fedora, Debian and FreeBSD are shown too. Other operating systems include the PS3, Wii, Blackberry and Symbian. (It's likely Win 2008 it caused by school browsing where traffic is forwarded through the school's servers)

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 44% usage with the latest 4.0(.1) as well as 3.6(.17) being used, hits come from 3.5(.19) and even some from 3.0(.19). IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 9, 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. Google Chrome has 18% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, iPhone and Android are also used.

96% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 3.6% come from Search engines. Another 0.4% are linked from various sites.

The drop in usage this month is likely due to the final exams for many people before the end in the school year.

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »
Interesting! Thanks Tweak.
Stats are always a good read.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2011, 07:37:16 PM »
I'm sure Im like 50% of all that mac usage XD
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2011, 09:00:21 PM »
I usually use my Mac on the forum. :P

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2011, 09:00:49 PM »
really? I've always thought of this place as being dominated by Windows users

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2011, 10:24:41 PM »
I'm a mac user,
But I have windows on my mac :B SO ruigvugf!!

And a smaaall part of that school population was probably me until the school's IP got banned for trolling or something, xDD except I don't think my school uses Windows on their server.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »
The statistics I'm giving here make use of the server logs and Google Analytics to show trends and information of all visitors to the forum.

Note: All statistics are correct as of 2nd July, 12:06 GMT.

Last month the forums transferred nearly 20 GIGABYTES of data and has so far experienced 100% uptime. This means that per visit each user downloads 1 MB of data through an average of 2.4 visits per visitor. This doesn't include nearly 15 GB of bandwidth from bots etc.

The busiest day this month was the 17th (nearly 1 GB) and the quietest was the 12th (over 430 MB). Interestingly the busiest days of the week are Thursday and Friday with the quietest being Sunday. Most visits occur around 4am GMT (10pm Central) with the least at 12am GMT (6am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by Canada. We've also had visitors from the UK, Germany, Australia, Russia, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Ukraine,  China, Poland, France, Belgium, Czech Republic, Latvia, Denmark, Romania, Israel, Moldova, Ireland, Slovenia, Brazil, Puerto Rico.

The top 25 users shows Macid having used the most bandwidth this month followed closely by WingedZephyr with Lita Sableoak at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 900 MB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders MSNBot has used nearly 6.8 GB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 1.7 GB.

Most visits last between 0 and 30 seconds (probably bots) with the next largest visit being over an hour! The average overall is about 17 minutes.

69% of users use Windows with 34% using 7 followed by 20% using X.P and then Vista with 11%. Mac accounts for 13% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is at 4% with the majority using Android although Ubuntu, SUSE, Fedora, Debian and FreeBSD are shown too. Other operating systems include the PS3, Wii, Blackberry and Symbian.

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 40% usage with the latest 5.0, 4.0(.2) as well as 3.6(.18) being used, hits come from 3.5(.19) and even some from 3.0(.19). IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 9, 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. Google Chrome has 17% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, iPhone and Android are also used.

96% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 3.6% come from Search engines. Another 0.4% are linked from various sites.

And now back to my holiday!

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2011, 10:58:16 PM »

Note: All statistics are correct as of 31st July, 22:42 GMT.

Last month the forums transferred nearly 19 GIGABYTES of data and has so far experienced 99.61% uptime due to some DDoS attacks. This means that per visit each user downloads 1 MB of data through an average of 2.4 visits per visitor. This doesn't include nearly 22 GB of bandwidth from bots etc.

The busiest day this month was the 13th (nearly 1 GB) and the quietest was the 22nd (over 400 MB). Interestingly the busiest days of the week are Wednesday and Saturday with the quietest being Sunday. Most visits occur around 3am GMT (9pm Central) with the least at 12am GMT (6am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by Canada. We've also had visitors from the UK, Germany, Russia, Australia, China, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Ukraine,  Czech Republic, Latvia, France, the Netherlands, Romania, Hungary, Ireland, South Korea, Lithuania, Israel, Spain, Moldova and Brazil.

The top 25 users shows Macid having, once again, used the most bandwidth this month followed by Scar WhiteDream with Rappy at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 900 MB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders MSNBot has used nearly 8.25 GB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 3.7 GB.

67% of users use Windows with 33% using 7 followed by 16% using X.P and then Vista with 14%. Mac accounts for 14% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is at 2% with the majority using Android although Ubuntu, SUSE, Fedora and CentOS are shown too. Other operating systems include the PS3, Wii, Blackberry and Symbian.

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 35% usage with the latest 5.0(.1), 4.0(.2) as well as 3.6(.19) being used, hits come from 3.5(.19) and even some from 3.0(.19) as well as the beta versions 6 and 7. IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 9, 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. Google Chrome has 19% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, iPhone and Android are also used.

95% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 4% come from Search engines. Another 1% are linked from various sites.

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2011, 02:15:41 AM »
The top 25 users shows Macid having, once again, used the most bandwidth this month followed by Scar WhiteDream with Rappy at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 900 MB of data.

:o ... I feel VERY special now :3 ...Or not if it's a bad thing for the main server  :(
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2011, 03:14:05 AM »
Im sorry for using so much bandwith! I just wanna be a good mod! *cries*

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »
*hugs macid* dont cry your a good mod

intresting stats i see alot of people here like fire fox then
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2011, 01:52:40 PM »
Apologies for the delay in this, I kept forgetting to post. Time goes too fast!

Note: All statistics are correct as of 31st August, 23:59 GMT.

Last month the forums transferred nearly 19 GIGABYTES of data and has so far experienced 99.53% uptime due to a major DDoS attack due to a reported bug in the Apache server. This has been mitigated through a change to the configuration and will be patched later this afternoon. This means that per visit each user downloads 1 MB of data through an average of 2.4 visits per visitor. This doesn't include nearly 11 GB of bandwidth from bots etc.

The busiest day this month was the 8th (over 1 GB) and the quietest was the 14th (over 350 MB). Interestingly the busiest days of the week are Sunday and Wednesday with the quietest being Thursday. Most visits occur around 3am GMT (9pm Central) with the least at 8am GMT (2am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by the UK. We've also had visitors from the Canada, Germany, Sweden, Russia, Australia, China, Hungary, Norway, Ukraine, Poland,  Latvia, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, South Korea, France, Romania, Brazil, Moldova, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Indonesia and Israel.

The top 25 users shows WingedZephyr having used the most bandwidth this month closely followed by Macid with Sagastrina at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 1 GB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders MSNBot has used nearly 2 GB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 1.7 GB.

70% of users use Windows with 40% using 7 followed by 15% using X.P and then Vista with 13%. Mac accounts for 16% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is at 7% with the majority using Android although Ubuntu, Redhat, Gentoo, Fedora and CentOS are shown too. Other operating systems include the PS3, Wii, Blackberry and Symbian.

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 41% usage with the latest 6.0(.1), 5, 4 and 3.6 being used, hits come from 3.5(.19) and even some from 3.0(.19) as well as the beta versions 7, 8 and 9. IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 9, 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. Google Chrome has 19% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, iPhone and Android are also used.

94% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 5% come from Search engines. Another 1% are linked from various sites.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2011, 08:13:26 PM »
I wonder what various sites people get linked from o.O

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2011, 12:20:30 AM »
wow thats alot of data... how dose it transfer so much just through text?
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code