The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Statistics  (Read 24226 times)

Offline Crevan Fox

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The Neon Arctic Foxy
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: Neon Green (On feet, paws, both ears, tip of tail and stomach), White (Everywhere else). All green parts are togglable bioluminescent
  • Height: Anthro: 1.85 m; Feral: 25 cm
  • Weight: Anthro: 82 kg; Feral: 3.5 kg
  • Build: Fluffy
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Statistics
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »
Yes thank-you Tweak for keeping this place running, Totally pawsome

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 12:01:11 AM »
O... I know I'm late, but wow
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 02:58:59 PM »
This month's statistics have been uploaded earlier as I will have no further chances before October.

The statistics I'm giving here make use of the server logs and Google Analytics to show trends an information of all visitors to the forum.

Note: All statistics are correct as of 24th September, 14:37 GMT

So far this month the forums have transferred over 14 GIGABYTES of data, an increase of over 1.5 GB from last month and nearly 7 GB more than in January. This means that per visit each user downloads 15 MB of data through an average of 2.5 visits per visitor. This includes over 4 GB of bandwidth from bots etc. As many of you will have noticed, this actually hit the hard limit set on the account, this will be raised for next month to insure it doesn't affect the forum availability in the future.

The busiest day this month was the 12th (nearly 1 GB) and the quietest was the 6th. Interesting the busiest days of the week is Sunday and Thursday with the quietest being Friday. Most visits occur around 11pm GMT (5pm Central) with the least at 8am GMT (2am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by the UK (now the server logging has been fixed). We've also had visitors from Oman, Poland, Australia, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Russia, Germany, the Netherlands, Romania, Ukraine, Czech Republic, China, Latvia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Israel, Spain, Thailand, Luxembourg, Brazil and Japan.

The top 25 users shows Crevan having used the most bandwidth this month followed closely by Lita with Macid0031 at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 600 MB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders Yahoo Slurp has used over 2 GB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 450 MB.

Most visits last between 0 and 30 seconds (probably bots) with the next largest visit being over an hour! The average overall is about 15 minutes.

85% of users use Windows with 30% using XP followed by 40% using 2008 and then Vista / 7 with 10%. Mac accounts for 10.7% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is a measly 4.5% with the majority using Ubuntu, although SUSE and Fedora are shown too. Other operating systems include the PSP, Wii and Symbian.

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 27% usage with the latest 3.6(.10) being used, hits come from FF 4 as well as 3.5(.13) and even some from 3.0(.19) with a few still on FF 2. IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. The most commonly used browser is Google Chrome with over 42% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, Samsung, LG, Motorola and Android are also used.

88% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 10% come from Search engines. Another 2% are linked from various sites.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 07:03:45 PM »
That's strange, I come on here a lot with Android OS.

Edit: And iOS
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:17:56 PM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 07:29:11 PM »
As do I, sometimes the Android browser is identified incorrectly.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
I do to woot, and idk if that's good or ad that its so popular, with the price to maintain it increasing >->
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 07:40:15 PM »
At the moment it's manageable, would be nice to get some increased revenue coming in though, would also give a buffer if the need for physical expansion is required.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 12:43:37 AM »
Oh wow, I'm one of the top users. Nice. I think. XD

Offline Crevan Fox

• Kuddly Kitten
  • The Neon Arctic Foxy
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: Neon Green (On feet, paws, both ears, tip of tail and stomach), White (Everywhere else). All green parts are togglable bioluminescent
  • Height: Anthro: 1.85 m; Feral: 25 cm
  • Weight: Anthro: 82 kg; Feral: 3.5 kg
  • Build: Fluffy
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 07:03:09 AM »
Oh wow, I'm one of the top users. Nice. I think. XD

So am i, I am not sure if thats a good thing though  :/

Offline Fenrir Darkwing

• Avid Aardvark
  • Husky! drawn by GTHusky on SoFurry!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wusky (Wolf Husky mixbreed)
  • Coloring: Siberian black and white husky colors
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 195
  • Build: muscular/agile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 02:37:31 AM »
I'd say so, but thats just me.
Guard dog of Crevan and Buddywolf.
Cry havoc and let slip the Dogs of War. Annihilation will be unaviodable.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 08:39:50 PM »
jsut a thought, but would it decrease the amount of upkeep costs to get rid of some of the sub-forums? like combine the story forums into one big one?

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 11:08:01 PM »
Nope - not in the slightest.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 02:15:29 PM »
It's been a month already! So, here are the statistics for October.

The statistics I'm giving here make use of the server logs and Google Analytics to show trends an information of all visitors to the forum.

Note: All statistics are correct as of 25th October, 12:30 GMT

So far this month the forums have transferred over 19 GIGABYTES of data, a small increase from last month and 13 GB more than in January. This means that per visit each user downloads 21 MB of data through an average of 2.5 visits per visitor. This includes over 3 GB of bandwidth from bots etc.

The busiest day this month was the 12th (over 1 GB) and the quietest was the 16th. Interesting the busiest days of the week is Tuesday and Wednesday with the quietest being Monday. Most visits occur around 2am GMT (8pm Central) with the least at 12am GMT (6am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by the UK. We've also had visitors from Oman, Australia, Norway, Canada, Poland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, China, Germany, Denmark, Latvia, Thailand, Israel, Japan, Iraq, Luxembourg, Croatia, France, Finland and Romania.

The top 25 users shows CrazyCat having used the most bandwidth this month followed closely by Many Coleo Brush with Dessum Ryugen at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 900 MB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders Yahoo Slurp has used over 2 GB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 1.22 GB.

Most visits last between 0 and 30 seconds (probably bots) with the next largest visit being over an hour! The average overall is about 15 minutes.

85% of users use Windows with 30% using XP followed by 40% using 2008 and then Vista / 7 with 14%. Mac accounts for 9% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is a measly 5% with the majority using Android, although Ubuntu, SUSE, Debian and Fedora are shown too. Other operating systems include the PSP, Wii and Symbian.

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 32% usage with the latest 3.6(.10/11) being used, hits come from FF 4 as well as 3.5(.13) and even some from 3.0(.19). IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. The most commonly used browser is Google Chrome with over 37% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, Samsung, LG, Motorola and Android are also used.

88% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 10% come from Search engines. Another 2% are linked from various sites.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »
Yay! More statistics!

Well, posting it every month, it's pretty interesting to read :3
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 02:37:18 PM »
Dang, I wonder how much I have to post to make it to the top 25, I must be going too slow :P
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer