The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 165232 times)

Offline Emtile

• U.S ARMY
  • Donator
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Iguana/lizard
  • Coloring: Yellow scales with orange eyes
  • Height: 5 ft 8in
  • Weight: 138lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Was doing stuff
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #7605 on: January 11, 2019, 06:50:31 PM »
Welp grades are shitty. So shitty that i don't think i can recover anytime soon, so why bother? Fail Geometry. Fail History honors. Fail Chem honors. Fail English. Infact lets just drop out of high school completely and be done with school all together... Oh wait.... No high school diploma means no good job so i'll go nowhere. Military? Nope, they won't accept me. So i'll just be stuck at my parents house and fade away being a complete failure. Kiss all my hopes and dreams goodbye.
  • Avatar by: KeahiNimbusLeHyena (Love you)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #7606 on: January 23, 2019, 09:51:20 AM »
Felt sick so went home early from work today, didn't make it all the way home.

Throwing up in public is never really fun
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #7607 on: March 09, 2019, 09:13:44 PM »
Meanwhile I'm back home from th earlier endeavor I talked about on th discord. And things momentarily went South very fast after my last message.

As short as I can put it: I had already done quite a lot of physically demanding work while having eaten little to nothing and after realizing I couldn't call the boss because the piece of paper with his phone number was in my room I doubled my effort, putting it's toll on me even further.

Eventually I gave up and decided the best course of action was to launch myself towards the shop as fast as I could on a shoddy bicycle.That was a terrible decision.I arrived at the shop, miraculously only 6 minutes late and explained my situation to the boss, who kindly forgave me with an understanding "shit happens",  before fluently proceeding to the break are where I actually collapsed and nearly passed out several times whilst praying to God my first impression would be a sizeable puddle of vomit on the cantinas floor, because the explosive release of energy in addition to the situation I've discussed early, I had severely burnt myself out.

It took me almost a whole hour to recover from the trip I would've completed in 15 minutes, had I done it in a reasonable fashion.So that was a huge embarrassment.All ended well though. It wasn't too busy so nobody minded me being incapacitated for 45 minutes, the newbies seemed to instantly recognised my seniority aswell, and the signature company hats being held together by Staples and duct tape was a familiar sight too.

The only unly unpleasantries that happened after this point was my reintroduction with that creeping feeling as if delivery moped can explode under your ass at any given time, and my father giving me the well deserved comment of "You could've just called me and asked where I kept the spare key, if you'dve stopped and thought of it for a second instead of bumbling around like a drowning pig."

So yeah. I hope that little vent was at least funny to read. .-.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 09:16:37 PM by Brisky »

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #7608 on: March 26, 2019, 05:03:37 PM »
Had to turn down my best friend for a relationship. I feel really bad about it 'cause I do really like him, and could see myself with him like that but I don't feel ready for another relationship yet. That and I'm also worried I'd lose what makes our friendship so special in the first place.

Guess that worry is moot now because he's avoiding me. I imagine he just needs time, but this shit hurts.

Update: He's just now messaged me and we're talking again. He's okay. Jeez I've never been so relieved to hear someone's voice.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 06:04:35 PM by Grey »
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7609 on: March 26, 2019, 06:33:44 PM »
That doesn't sound very logical. Graphics processors and central processors are the entirely different animals.
If the GPU was broken then the CPU can't simply fix it by taking over it's job. It would just cause weird stuff to go on with the display.

Normally I'd check it by opening the case and checking if the CPU is abnormally hot, but you do have a laptop so that makes it less simple. :I
Depends if the CPU and motherboard have built in graphics too.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
« Reply #7610 on: April 02, 2019, 04:14:27 PM »
Dear customers and reviewers of products on sites that sell inexpensive (and sometimes free except for shipping) Chinese products.
Your way of thinking may be applicable for certain things, and I can understand that.
But I need you to understand one thing:
Having your order make it to your mailbox is NOT a valid reason for a 5-star review on electronics!
We already have enough of a problem trusting purchase of electronics online at all, and even more so with off-brands or knockoff products. And when certain webshops offer big kits of components, modules, sensors, wires and even whole microcontrollers(!) for 2,50 and a gum, it's even more so a "too good to be true" situation. That's when we need to trust the opinions of other purchasers to give us a guide for whether it is a great, decent or outright horrible deal.
5 stars sounds like a good sign, until you decide to have a look through the (more often than not over a thousand) reviews and find that the majority haven't even opened their order, and even less TESTED the damn thing. So I am left none the wiser.
So please, reviewers on these sites,
get your **** together and test the products before you give your five stars. That way we can hope to trust that a box of wires and sensors at 37$ doesn't turn out to be a box of lies.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #7611 on: April 02, 2019, 04:28:38 PM »
It actually wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if those 5 star reviews came from the shop's owner.

It's China, after all.

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #7612 on: April 02, 2019, 07:20:52 PM »
Just took the ACT. I'm pretty sure I totally got a -12 on it.  :sweatdrop:
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #7613 on: April 02, 2019, 09:06:49 PM »
It actually wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if those 5 star reviews came from the shop's owner.

It's China, after all.
It was one example out of several others. I'm poking at one slice of the demographic, but in general get annoyed by people who give high overall ratings for one small detail that should be taken for granted. A simple checklist would be:
1) Did it arrive? If yes, move on. If no, low rating.
2) Was the order/item damaged in transport? If no, move on. If yes, slightly deduct score based on damage, keeping in mind the end carrier may be more responsible than the seller.
3a) Does the item require any form of testing? If no, skip to point 4, If yes, move on.
3b) Does the item work as intended (clothes the size advertised, electronics functional, posters hanging right etc)? If yes, give score based on satisfaction. If no, low rating.
4) Summarize score for all above. Be fair, but be precise.
5) Make sure you reviewed according to steps 1-4 and not just step 1.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7614 on: April 02, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »
Btw your signature image isn't working at least on my end.

reviews... sigh...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #7615 on: April 02, 2019, 10:21:34 PM »
Yeah might be the link from imgur or whatever it is I used doesn't work anymore. You're not missing out on anything though.

Offline Firox

• I is very friendly! No worries
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (still reply to my other sonas, in signature)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox *Flareon*
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
  • Height: 3ft / 91 cm, lenght: 3ft 6in / 106cm, tail: 3ft 6in / 105cm
  • Weight: 38 lbs / 17kg
  • Build: playful, caring, competitive
  • Currently: friendly and full of fun - love chocolate chip cookies!
« Reply #7616 on: April 03, 2019, 12:35:37 AM »
just hate when Windows does an update at the worst possible moment

was in the middle of a game (SimCity 4) done lots of work.. had not saved yet
laptop restarts.... windows update
 >:( X3 X3
have to do work all over again
Info on my sona
Vay, female, Vaporeon, New York CIty, New York
Joseph, male, Jolteon, Kansas City, Missouri
Aaron, male, Flareon, McMinnville, Oregon
Arval, male, Umbreon,  San Francisco, California
Jyo, male, Espeon, Seattle, Washington
Linette, female, Leafeon, Biloxi, Mississippi
Grace, female, Glaceon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sherrie, female, Sylveon, Las Vegas, Nevada

8 opposite gender mates:
Leonardo, male, Vaporeon, Venice, Italy
Robyn, female, Jolteon, Bridgetown, Barbados
Fleur, female, Flareon, Marseille, France
Aycan, female, Umbreon, Istanbul, turkey
Elise, female, Espeon, Basseterre, St. Kitts-Nevis
Zoran, male, Leafeon, Velez, North Macedonia
Florian, male, Glaceon, Craiova, Romania
Seth, male, Sylveon, Ashgabath, Turkmenistan

My other supporting sonas:
Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #7617 on: April 03, 2019, 01:00:03 AM »
Ooh, dammit! I hate when s*** like that happens!

Even worse, it's ANNOYING AS HELL when my computer boots me out of my game - doesn't crash it - and goes to desktop for no f***ing reason! I suspect it's something with the video drivers, but the video device I use, as far as I know, is no longer supported. So I'm basically getting kicked out of my game because my PC is saying "YOU MUST UPDATE THE VIDEO DRIVERS NOWWWWWW!!!" Worse than that, some of my games screw up when that happens. IRRITATING as f***.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7618 on: April 03, 2019, 01:17:51 AM »
just hate when Windows does an update at the worst possible moment

was in the middle of a game (SimCity 4) done lots of work.. had not saved yet
laptop restarts.... windows update
 >:( X3 X3
have to do work all over again
ugh i wish i still had simcopter you could use simecity 2000 cities

Offline Firox

• I is very friendly! No worries
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (still reply to my other sonas, in signature)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox *Flareon*
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
  • Height: 3ft / 91 cm, lenght: 3ft 6in / 106cm, tail: 3ft 6in / 105cm
  • Weight: 38 lbs / 17kg
  • Build: playful, caring, competitive
  • Currently: friendly and full of fun - love chocolate chip cookies!
« Reply #7619 on: April 03, 2019, 01:27:09 AM »
SimCopter was fun, I played it back when I had Windows 98

updates can be so annoying at times
always hear recommend to leave them on
so I don't bother to change them
Info on my sona
Vay, female, Vaporeon, New York CIty, New York
Joseph, male, Jolteon, Kansas City, Missouri
Aaron, male, Flareon, McMinnville, Oregon
Arval, male, Umbreon,  San Francisco, California
Jyo, male, Espeon, Seattle, Washington
Linette, female, Leafeon, Biloxi, Mississippi
Grace, female, Glaceon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sherrie, female, Sylveon, Las Vegas, Nevada

8 opposite gender mates:
Leonardo, male, Vaporeon, Venice, Italy
Robyn, female, Jolteon, Bridgetown, Barbados
Fleur, female, Flareon, Marseille, France
Aycan, female, Umbreon, Istanbul, turkey
Elise, female, Espeon, Basseterre, St. Kitts-Nevis
Zoran, male, Leafeon, Velez, North Macedonia
Florian, male, Glaceon, Craiova, Romania
Seth, male, Sylveon, Ashgabath, Turkmenistan

My other supporting sonas:
Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha