The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 165264 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #7590 on: October 30, 2018, 11:55:01 PM »
I swear, sometimes my mother can be a complete, asinine, self-absorbed, self-centered sociopath! Never mind what I want, never mind I like to enjoy my life and free time in my own way, never mind I have my own tastes in food - it's all about what SHE wants, and what SHE wants is completely unrealistic. I would try to explain this to her, but no - what the f*** do I know? I'm just the mentally-unstable pile of s***.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #7591 on: November 01, 2018, 12:42:12 AM »
Lately I've been feeling more like a machine than a living being. That is I've been feeling to damn tired and worn out to actually feel anything emotional. I can and do feel like I'm doing everything wrong though, and that every good moment is going to be ruined or balanced out by something going wrong.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline Emtile

• U.S ARMY
  • Donator
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Iguana/lizard
  • Coloring: Yellow scales with orange eyes
  • Height: 5 ft 8in
  • Weight: 138lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Was doing stuff
« Reply #7592 on: November 12, 2018, 02:22:46 PM »
Got into a fight with a friend over some stupid shit. I went up against someone who was fluent in Krav Maga and taekwondo. Can you see my stupidity yet?
  • Avatar by: KeahiNimbusLeHyena (Love you)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7593 on: November 13, 2018, 03:59:10 AM »
Got into a fight with a friend over some stupid shit. I went up against someone who was fluent in Krav Maga and taekwondo. Can you see my stupidity yet?
Do you need a hug?

WHY CAN"T I JUST FRIGGEN GET UP GUH I HATE DEPRESSION!
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #7594 on: November 14, 2018, 11:26:28 PM »
I have an appointment with a neurologist a few days before my birthday. I'm glad I'm finally gonna get my issues looked at, but at the same time I'm friggen terrified.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #7595 on: November 17, 2018, 10:28:53 PM »
I have an appointment with a neurologist a few days before my birthday. I'm glad I'm finally gonna get my issues looked at, but at the same time I'm friggen terrified.
Best of luck with that. Seeing a neurologist myself for stuff. Just do as they say and they will do what they can

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #7596 on: November 20, 2018, 11:13:44 PM »
Okay, I don't think this laptop is supposed to need 80% of it's available CPU power on loading a YouTube video. It increases the CPU usage to 100% and making everything lag. I'm gonna have to back up some important data and get a new laptop stat, because I think the one I have now is ready to hit the dust at this rate. That, or I keep this one but will be unable to watch any videos or play games on it later on. Yeah, that sounds great.

Tbh I needed a new laptop to do what I was planning to do anyways. Just, now the laptop itself is basically forcing me to. Not so happy about that.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7597 on: November 20, 2018, 11:19:11 PM »
Okay, I don't think this laptop is supposed to need 80% of it's available CPU power on loading a YouTube video. It increases the CPU usage to 100% and making everything lag. I'm gonna have to back up some important data and get a new laptop stat, because I think the one I have now is ready to hit the dust at this rate. That, or I keep this one but will be unable to watch any videos or play games on it later on. Yeah, that sounds great.

Tbh I needed a new laptop to do what I was planning to do anyways. Just, now the laptop itself is basically forcing me to. Not so happy about that.

it could be a GPU problem.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #7598 on: November 21, 2018, 06:37:05 AM »
That doesn't sound very logical. Graphics processors and central processors are the entirely different animals.
If the GPU was broken then the CPU can't simply fix it by taking over it's job. It would just cause weird stuff to go on with the display.

Normally I'd check it by opening the case and checking if the CPU is abnormally hot, but you do have a laptop so that makes it less simple. :I

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #7599 on: November 21, 2018, 09:19:14 AM »
That doesn't sound very logical. Graphics processors and central processors are the entirely different animals.
If the GPU was broken then the CPU can't simply fix it by taking over it's job. It would just cause weird stuff to go on with the display.

Normally I'd check it by opening the case and checking if the CPU is abnormally hot, but you do have a laptop so that makes it less simple. :I

Actually the CPU can do graphics processing (just not very efficiently compared to a GPU) and in the absence of a GPU the CPU will take over graphic processing (an example would be if a GPU driver breaks, the computer can't recognize it so it will use the CPU as the current GPU.) A GPU could also theoretically be used as a CPU but again it would be a terrible idea (GPUs branching is extremely inefficient compared to a CPU). At the end of the day they're all turing complete processes, just designed for different things. However I agree that it's probably not a GPU.

To me this sounds like a virus rather than a hardware problem. Is it only when watching youtube or using a browser? You could have picked up a malware that does cryptocurrency mining on your computer, they're easy to remove if they're in the browser. If it's all the time it could be a more serious malware that's rooted in your system.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:23:51 AM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #7600 on: November 21, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »
It's the browser, and it mostly spikes whenever it's loading something. Hence why videos are so laggy, because the system does a lot of loading (especially at the beginning). After the entire page is loaded completely, the browser stabilizes again.

And no, according to Task Manager the GPU has nothing to do with this issue.

EDIT: Never mind, it was an add-on Firefox auto-installed to the browser during the last update. Why didn't they just let me know, it could've saved me a lot of trouble.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 01:15:17 PM by Michen_S »

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #7601 on: November 22, 2018, 11:00:49 AM »
Flying home to surprise the famil for Thanksgiving. All going well, stuck in St Louis as planned. USO is hull of **censor** soldiers. Fine, whatever. I can try to sleep on the floor, not like I sleep well anyway. After about 2 hours of being half asleep, this **censor** brushes up against me lightly. For some reason, it instantly bolted me awake and into fight mode. Came damm close to striking about at his knee, I could have really hurt him. Welp, no more trying to sleep tonight, still waaaaaaaay too uptight and coming down off the 100% adrenaline dump

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #7602 on: November 24, 2018, 12:05:11 PM »
Flying home to surprise the famil for Thanksgiving. All going well, stuck in St Louis as planned. USO is hull of **censor** soldiers. Fine, whatever. I can try to sleep on the floor, not like I sleep well anyway. After about 2 hours of being half asleep, this **censor** brushes up against me lightly. For some reason, it instantly bolted me awake and into fight mode. Came damm close to striking about at his knee, I could have really hurt him. Welp, no more trying to sleep tonight, still waaaaaaaay too uptight and coming down off the 100% adrenaline dump

Welcome to the military where anything will make you jumpy as hell should be over it soon enough
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #7603 on: December 13, 2018, 06:19:53 PM »
Typical. Just f***ing typical. It seems that for the second year in a row, my Christmas wishes are gonna be disregarded. Why is it that I have to think of everyone else's Christmas wishes, but no one can be expected to think of mine? I wasn't asking for much. But no - what the f*** do I know? What the f*** do I know about what I want? I just know more about tech than any of the a******s in my family! No, it seems I'm being disregarded AGAIN in favor of that lying Aryan sociopath that calls himself my younger brother, and that insufferable know-it-all that calls himself my youngest brother. I'm just the tolerated retarded outsider of the family. Who gives a f*** about me?

I'm starting to have serious misgivings about this so-called "family" and why I should be any part of it.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #7604 on: December 20, 2018, 01:34:22 AM »
My Chinese final is going to be impossible. Literally over 120+ characters and he's gonna choose a random 20. Thank gosh the final is only 20% of the grade.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.