The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 170944 times)

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #7560 on: May 23, 2018, 07:25:46 PM »

So I've lost almost 15kg of weight over these last two years through changes in food habits.
Now it's reached the point where a ring I got as a gift from my stepmom and have been wearing more or less nonstop since I was 15 came off my finger "just like that" from me simply digging around in something.
Took me a tiny while to notice it was gone, but once I did, I had a slight moment of panickyness because it's pretty dear to me.
Thankfully I found it again, but now I don't really dare to wear it anymore out of fear I'll lose it permanently if something similar ends up happening again.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #7561 on: May 23, 2018, 08:20:35 PM »
My internet is being extremely slow and I haven't the slightest clue why. Can't play WOW now because it's so laggy! Little brother isn't using the internet for anything (or so he says) and I can't find anything that's running in the background that would cause this lag! WTF! Did my ISP internet policies change and they didn't tell me?
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #7562 on: May 23, 2018, 08:22:58 PM »
What's your medium, and / or have you checked for serverside faults?

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7563 on: May 23, 2018, 10:04:54 PM »
Considering how s****y the weather's been, I'm wondering if the weather's to blame, as my internet is reliant on satellite signal, and there's a storm brewing (AGAIN!) on my end.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7564 on: May 24, 2018, 08:55:51 PM »
No, m8. Sattelites run on VHF or UHF, and those go straight trough everything.

The bad weather could have damaged whatever the provider uses to talk to those sattelites tho.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #7565 on: May 25, 2018, 02:03:45 AM »
I hurt my left arm earlier today, it keeps making me anxious.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Emtile

• U.S ARMY
  • Donator
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Iguana/lizard
  • Coloring: Yellow scales with orange eyes
  • Height: 5 ft 8in
  • Weight: 138lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Was doing stuff
« Reply #7566 on: May 25, 2018, 11:45:04 PM »
I feel like my body is constantly trying committing suicide everytime i get sick.

Everything i eat tastes like chlorine and makes me want to throw up,  sometimes I end up just shoving it down my throat if i haven't eaten anything for the past day or two. Water does nothing, sometimes a can't even feel much of the coldness of it. Everything i touch gives me this irritating itch, even walking around barefoot, sometimes with socks on or full shoes irritates me. Every time i breath there is always this little mix of stale mango and bleach at the back of my throat. Even in the lightest of headaches it is still a pain

I've been sick for two weeks. I had to slug through the last days of school because exams and i cannot make them up if i had missed them because the term ended right as we got out of school. And if i were to miss them, my grades would be more shit.

Anyway, that's my rant. I'm gonna be more positive now, i wanna smile, i wanna laugh, i wanna be happy. ☺
  • Avatar by: KeahiNimbusLeHyena (Love you)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7567 on: May 26, 2018, 10:24:15 AM »
Geez, dude...

Are you at least shure that your house isn't leaching chemicals or something? :I

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
« Reply #7568 on: May 26, 2018, 11:21:02 AM »
My dad keeps asking me for help with his backed-up photos on the Google Drive (or whatever you call it), and I keep telling him "Dude. I can't help you with this. I don't use this myself, and I'm not going to bother learning this just to help you once or twice a month. I don't know how to (INSERT ACTION), so please stop asking me for help. Ask your brother-in-law, he knows this stuff."

And yet two or three days later he forgets about it and asks me again like I know everything related to computers and backups and stuff.  :facepaw:

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #7569 on: May 26, 2018, 01:05:51 PM »
My dad keeps asking me for help with his backed-up photos on the Google Drive (or whatever you call it), and I keep telling him "Dude. I can't help you with this. I don't use this myself, and I'm not going to bother learning this just to help you once or twice a month. I don't know how to (INSERT ACTION), so please stop asking me for help. Ask your brother-in-law, he knows this stuff."

And yet two or three days later he forgets about it and asks me again like I know everything related to computers and backups and stuff.  :facepaw:

just get him the desktop app for it and it syncs itself and just write a sticky note or something for him
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
« Reply #7570 on: May 26, 2018, 11:00:05 PM »
just get him the desktop app for it and it syncs itself and just write a sticky note or something for him
He already has that sorted out. He wants help with folders or downloading specific pics or something like that. As I said, I don't use it myself and don't plan to, so I'm not bothering with learning that stuff.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7571 on: June 01, 2018, 11:10:12 PM »
One of my cats, Binks, had to be put to sleep today. He had severe kidney failure and pancreatitis. He was a good cat, and deserved a better fate than that.

Offline holden

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • heavensent
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: hyena!
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 125 lbs or so
« Reply #7572 on: June 05, 2018, 10:07:56 PM »
made a vent art and tried out a feral Holdz.
it looks nice imo and made me feel better, so i'd consider it a mission accomplished
  • Signature art by: me !
you don't know how lovely you are!

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7573 on: June 11, 2018, 06:08:30 PM »
Great. Just f***in' great. This PC is dying. Took me the better part of three hours to sign in to SWTOR, and when I finally managed to get in-game, took at least another 30 minutes to load my Trooper, who is on Belsavis. I fully understand that Belsavis is one of the laggier planets in the game. I know that. But this goes beyond Belsavis' typical lag. And with the short time I was able to play, everything was so f***in slow! It took me an hour to get to the next area, and when I decided to log off and reboot my PC, it took FIFTEEN MINUTES just to get off my Speeder! It took another five minutes just to go for the option to exit the game, and even then, it was so slow, I had to ctrl-alt-delete and reboot my PC from there, and even then, it doesn't happen, so I had to try again to reboot my PC!

So now I gotta replace this PC with no money, which is why I was forced to call my asinine "I-know-more-than-you-about-everything-because-I'm-mom" mother and tell her that I need a new PC to replace this one, pronto, before this one completely keels over. I even told her I need to be the one to pick the replacement because I know what I need. Of course, my biggest fear is that she will blatantly disregard me on the matter, because of the "I'm mom" ego bull****, and she, according to my grandfather, has a history of this kind of thing.

So basically, I'm f***ing screwed.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #7574 on: June 11, 2018, 07:37:12 PM »
The work I do apparently costs more energy than I thought, because even after dinner I'm ready to chew my hand off. Not literally of course. That would also explain where the fatigue comes from I had lately.