The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171247 times)

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #7470 on: February 25, 2018, 03:17:39 AM »
Oh, it's supposed to suck being in the military. But guys getting sick left and right because we don't have the ability to, for a while, even wash our hands when in garrison, running out of MREs, no grenades for training, a bunch of guys going hungry when in quarantine or on the weekends, spending no where near enough time training, etc.
Marine Corps does more with less supposedly. Try more with next to nothing
And there are a bunch of things you can't talk or complain about while in

[size=14px !important]Boss: How to think like a soldier? I can't teach you that. A soldier needs to be strong in spirit, body, and technique - and the only thing you can learn from someone else is technique. In fact, technique doesn't even matter. What's most important is spirit. Spirit and body are like two sides of a single coin. They're the same thing. I can't teach you how to think. You'll just have to figure it out for yourself. Listen to me, Jack. Just because soldiers are on the same side right now doesn't mean they always will be. Having personal feelings about your comrades is one the worst sins you can commit. Politics determine who you face on the battlefield. And politics are a living thing. They change along with the times. Yesterday's good might be tomorrow's evil[/size]

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #7471 on: February 25, 2018, 03:38:15 AM »
Ive worked and stayed over (On shifts,) all week. I only had One day off and its because I had to have that day off for school because college is a thing.

they are working me to death and Im sick and they will not let me call off.

Im sorry this post is so gramatically crap, maybe a mod will fix it for me Im just too tired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #7472 on: February 25, 2018, 10:24:42 AM »
You realise that there are (should be) legal limits for how much a person can work each week?

Depending on how badly you need the money, and how much time it will cost to find a new job, you could try talking about it, or something?

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7473 on: February 25, 2018, 11:34:27 AM »
You realise that there are (should be) legal limits for how much a person can work each week?

Depending on how badly you need the money, and how much time it will cost to find a new job, you could try talking about it, or something?
Right now there is literally no one else to work because we are short staffed.

Otherwise I would have quit at this point because they work me so much.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7474 on: February 25, 2018, 11:45:52 AM »
That's why I said "depending on how badly you need the money".

It's possibly better to have to find a new job than to sequentually die to overexhaustion because your boss was a d*ck, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7475 on: February 25, 2018, 12:51:15 PM »
That's why I said "depending on how badly you need the money".

It's possibly better to have to find a new job than to sequentually die to overexhaustion because your boss was a d*ck, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boss isnt a dick. Shes just short staffed. lol.

I need the money so Im here. Im here at 7am after being here lastnight until 11pm. Oh well.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #7476 on: February 27, 2018, 09:32:48 PM »
I'd really appreciate it if the Corps would stop changing my MOS (job). Who knows, maybe I'll know my job by the end of MOS school T_T

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7477 on: February 28, 2018, 06:03:11 PM »
Today is kind of a blow hard for me and by that I mean its quite frustrating.

I've been ranting quite a bit about my job and school and I'm sorry for it but this is another one. as that is all that goes on in my life really, other than my relatives dying. (So morbid I know.)

When I joined on with my company I made it VERY clear I was unable to work during my school hours (I literally gave them a written time table of the times that my classes were so they could schedule around them)

LO AND BEHOLD they scheduled me for a Wednesday. I cannot work on Wednesdays because my classes intervene any available shifts, and it is the on ly day of the week I had e designated for homework assignments. Which again, this had been discussed with the hiring and scheduling managers.

So basically I'm going to be over an hour late to work and I won't be able to work on any of the three essays I have. Two of which are due by the end of the week.

((I am working on them in-between classes on campus but I haven't got enough time...))

I'm really just starting to feel like no one listens when I talk, and that is a highly frustrating feeling.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #7478 on: February 28, 2018, 07:02:18 PM »
I feel ya Juliet. I used to work at a pizza place under similar conditions. For a while I got 15-20 hours of sleep a night. I hate employers that do garbage like you and I go/went through

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7479 on: February 28, 2018, 10:52:36 PM »
Heat reminds me of why I prefer the cold. Warm weather causes my eczema to flare up, rather badly... it sucks, don't get it. My skin barrier is really weak so it gets dry and scaly (like a dragon, rawr and such like) so every day I need to shower at least twice, use a special shampoo that fights both dandruff and scalp acne, use a certain soap recommended by my doctor that won't irritate my skin, constantly carry around a bottle of anti-itch cream... it's such a damn pain, this takes over my bloody life when it gets warm. Maybe I should move to Canada, I mean they still have G4 when it died in american back in 2013!

I miss X-Play, so many fond memories of that show.   

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
« Reply #7480 on: February 28, 2018, 11:34:27 PM »
Over here there's been a considerable return of winter weather, temperatures and storms. And even though February is technically a winter month, I do not care. I want spring to come quick, and rid the landscape of snow. This damn white cold mess has gone on long enough. After working in the freezer and refrigerated department of a grocery store some years ago, my Cold Resistance stat has taken a -15 hit.  x_x
Also, it recently turned to March while I wrote this, and thus this is a SPRING month!
Gah...

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7481 on: March 04, 2018, 10:37:20 PM »
I found a new job that pays better but may not have as many hours (that are reasonable??)

so idk anymore lol
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:38:55 PM by Juliet »

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7482 on: March 05, 2018, 06:54:10 PM »
Soo, I've been jokingly speaking a few words in german, here and there on the internet, and now all of my adverts on google and youtube are written in german...

Excuse me??

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #7483 on: March 05, 2018, 07:08:06 PM »
The flu is back in house

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7484 on: March 05, 2018, 08:05:17 PM »
Feels bad when you see someone, especially an old friend, who is in so deep with a clearly manipulative person that trying to help at all would most likely only cause more problems. And it's a personal thing between them and sticking your head in when you're not directly involved seems pretty shitty and invasive. It's one of those things where you just have to hope they come to their senses on their own, I guess. I don't know...