The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171315 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #7080 on: September 08, 2017, 11:51:51 PM »
Comedians here in the US have lost their sense of comedy and now default to statements of "Trump is stupid and evil, isn't he?!". It's the same thing over and over again, they don't even bother to be creative with it. The rare times where they do something else, they can't help but make some aside about Trump again in the middle of it. I guess they don't have to shake things up given people chow down on this putrid battered horse corpse simply because it repeatedly affirms their mindset. "Who cares about comedy anymore, anyway? Tell me again how right I am! Tell me again! Again! HAHAHA!"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:53:49 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Solomon the Solitary

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Subtle but bold.
    • Awards
  • Species: Chinese/Western Dragon Hybrid.
  • Coloring: Night black with a royal purple underbelly.
  • Height: Over 7'8.
  • Weight: 300-365 pounds.
  • Build: Muscular build and a fairly curvy body.
  • Currently: Feeling confident.
« Reply #7081 on: September 09, 2017, 12:24:29 AM »
I have a friend who's just too much. He's loud, annoying, overly sexual and makes me uncomfortable. He always makes everything sexual and honestly, he hits on me like no tomorrow, which would be fine, if him hitting on me wasn't just about sex. But on the bright side, he doesn't try anything.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #7082 on: September 09, 2017, 02:30:42 PM »
I've had some left ankle pain for a few months, but it only happened while walking down the stairs. Now it's so bad it hurts if I don't walk a precise way. And it doesn't help that I keep tripping and bumping that foot into stuff. It's never gonna heal at this rate. It'd be easy to say "just don't walk so much", but my room is upstairs and I have to walk downstairs and around stuff to do anything. I'd have to isolate myself upstairs and survive on sink water and snack bars or something until this heals.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #7083 on: September 09, 2017, 09:22:18 PM »
I am so **censor** tired of all this bullshit from my recruiter and his boss

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #7084 on: September 10, 2017, 06:31:42 PM »
So my Dad is being kicked out of my family.

Yep. He put us £30, 000 in debt, spent all of me and my brother's money on himself, spent our benefits money on himself and abused us all.

I'm glad he's going but like, wow, this is big.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #7085 on: September 10, 2017, 07:16:52 PM »
No interest in doing pretty much anything.
No appetite.
Constantly feeling cranky/sad and tired.

Yup, sure sounds like it's that time of the year again.
If I could just skip these next six months or so, that'd be great.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #7086 on: September 12, 2017, 11:39:57 PM »
Just got mugged.

I want to make sure it all ends

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #7087 on: September 13, 2017, 01:18:22 AM »
Oh, damn, man. You okay? What the mugger take?
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #7088 on: September 13, 2017, 07:43:23 PM »
Oh, damn, man. You okay? What the mugger take?
I'm okay.
A knife against your throat does not feel comfortable.

I got my wallet back, but he ran away with some change

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7089 on: September 14, 2017, 02:09:20 PM »
My mother constantly insists that I'm not really gay, her argument is I don't "sound or act gay" I have a rather common, somewhat deepish american accent, I dress in guy's clothes and dislike pink, to her this is all proof that I'm not homosexual. She says that "since it's cool to be gay" I'm trying to fit in with the HIP BOIS'. Also, since my sister is bisexual, she claims I'm trying to imitate her since we have a pretty good relationship.

She also once said that I'm: "too smart to be queer" and that LGBT people are stupid because the 1980s aids epidemic happened. For the most part I don't let this stuff bother me, but at times it can be really frustrating.      :|

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #7090 on: September 14, 2017, 02:25:48 PM »
She also once said that I'm: "too smart to be queer" and that LGBT people are stupid because the 1980s aids epidemic happened.
You see, I have a great counterargument for this  :P
The 1980s AIDS epidemic was a conspiracy set up by gay people. Why do you ask? Simple, if they would whipe out everyone not smart enough and thus infect them with AIDS would no longer be a burden for the masterplan of the LGBT: world domination.
When all the dumb people are gone there would only be smart people left, and these smart people would infect everyone with the gay.

So saying that LGBT people are stupid because of the AIDS epidemic, I would likely to say it only left the smart people alive  :P

To be fair: people are surprised when I say that I'm bi and that I don't look bi.Then I just simply say they look quite gay

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7091 on: September 14, 2017, 02:39:30 PM »
She also once said that I'm: "too smart to be queer" and that LGBT people are stupid because the 1980s aids epidemic happened.
You see, I have a great counterargument for this  :P
The 1980s AIDS epidemic was a conspiracy set up by gay people. Why do you ask? Simple, if they would whipe out everyone not smart enough and thus infect them with AIDS would no longer be a burden for the masterplan of the LGBT: world domination.
When all the dumb people are gone there would only be smart people left, and these smart people would infect everyone with the gay.

So saying that LGBT people are stupid because of the AIDS epidemic, I would likely to say it only left the smart people alive  :P

To be fair: people are surprised when I say that I'm bi and that I don't look bi.Then I just simply say they look quite gay

It all makes sense now, arguably the aids epidemic helped gay rights out since it made people more sympathetic towards the LGBT community; without it, same-sex marriage probably wouldn't have been legalized and the country would socially be backwards like 20 years today. WHAT WILL THE GAYS DO NEXT?! Turn Ireland into a gay bar? Turn fish and chips into aids and di**?   

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #7092 on: September 17, 2017, 02:37:32 AM »
I hate this, I finally start feeling good again and life throws a big **censor** you at me. I knew my son leaving was gonna be stressful but now i cant get any solid communication with anybody and the only regular comms I get drives my stress through the roof. I think I'm gonna have another heart attack at this rate
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #7093 on: September 17, 2017, 09:22:51 AM »
I find that i'm getting angry about things that i never used to get angry about. Hrm

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #7094 on: September 18, 2017, 08:43:07 AM »
My mother constantly insists that I'm not really gay, her argument is I don't "sound or act gay" I have a rather common, somewhat deepish american accent, I dress in guy's clothes and dislike pink, to her this is all proof that I'm not homosexual. She says that "since it's cool to be gay" I'm trying to fit in with the HIP BOIS'. Also, since my sister is bisexual, she claims I'm trying to imitate her since we have a pretty good relationship.

Might not believe this, but apparently pink actually used to be the boy's colour and blue the colour for girls. So if you like blue you're quite gay :P
Sorry, had to. Anyways, sorry to hear that happening to you. Whether or not you might be imitating your sister, society or whatnot else more, that is no excuse for your mother to basically say you're not intelligent (referring to the AIDS thing you mentioned), call you an imitator, and whatnot else more. If anything that might just make things "worse" for her. Maybe you'll become even more gay! Ok, I should stop with the bad jokes here, but I hope the core of what I'm trying to say here gets across.

On to my own rant:
A wasp hit my face (there is a wasp colony across the street X_X ) and I thought it fell into my shirt straight after.
I checked once I got back inside (slow movements with doing everything), as I thought I felt it walking around and stuff, but luckily there was nothing. Still a bit anxious if maybe the wasp was hiding and it's just still in my shirt, but I checked so I should stop worrying >.>
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter