The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171265 times)

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
  • Earlier known as Ulvus Lumia
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown fox
  • Coloring: Brown, dark brown, grey, beige
  • Height: 1m 73cm (5'8")
  • Weight: 53 kg. (117 lb.)
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *Browsing memes*
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #6360 on: August 07, 2016, 09:28:08 PM »
If you don't want a response, Don't post it

Not meaning to be rude

I think it's okay for people to rant without wanting a respond. It's their decision after all.

Please check out my DeviantArt page!
I would greatly appreciate it.

Reference sheet by myself!

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
« Reply #6361 on: August 07, 2016, 10:19:47 PM »
Everyone always says how your senior year is the best year of your life and how you're gonna remember it most. Well im getting a much different impression. All my classes mean nothing to me. My favorite teacher is gone. All my friends have  graduated, or just don't care about me anymore. Or both. I have no motivation to do anything. I constantly feel like a shitty person. I am and always have been a shitty boyfriend. Seems like everything in my life is falling apart. I have essentially noone left. The only friends I have left are on a stupid online game. And even than I really only have like 2 on there who I rarely get to talk to. All my old friends here have either fallen off the planet or they just seem to not like me anymore. Which I understand. Im not likable. I seem to constantly chase people off. I just wish I could have a day go by where im not either being targeted at school or at home feeling worthless.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:04:11 PM by Dax Declan »
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #6362 on: August 07, 2016, 10:26:43 PM »
I also utterly feel like crap. I haven't eaten properly in days. I've just been sitting at my desk depressed either playing a stupid MMO or just sitting there thinking. I just want some direction in my life

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #6363 on: August 07, 2016, 10:44:46 PM »

I also utterly feel like crap. I haven't eaten properly in days. I've just been sitting at my desk depressed either playing a stupid MMO or just sitting there thinking. I just want some direction in my life

Speaking from experience, direction doesn't just show up on your doorstep. You have to look around. And don't say" No way, that CAN'T be it" because it might be. It was/is for me. Look at literally every option possible, even ones you might not want to do, it might become your dream.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #6364 on: August 07, 2016, 10:52:25 PM »
That's the thing. I am looking but constantly being discouraged by my family. And im so limited by everything In my life. I have so few options and so few skills

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #6365 on: August 08, 2016, 12:13:59 AM »
That's the thing. I am looking but constantly being discouraged by my family. And im so limited by everything In my life. I have so few options and so few skills

Your resolve for whatever you do has to be stronger, like for one when someone tells you to stop when your practicing whatever. Keep doing it. [Unless they give you actual good advice but that, s not the point.] You can't let your family stop you, because you run your own life.
Well the point of practice, is to gain more skill. If someone started off with skill, I'd probably give up on life because that ain't fair. Your practice will forge new options. At this point your giving up because nothing is given to you.  [I understand some things you can't do. To be an animator you need software. To be a musician [that does techno and stuff.] You need software and a keyboard. But not everything is like that.]
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #6366 on: August 08, 2016, 12:22:23 AM »

For me, it's my dad (and he does WAY more than discourage), and my mom and a brother try to get me to change my mind. dad doesn't even know my plan because I don't want to get kicked out yet.
I've come to a conclusion. Screw my dad, sorry mom and brother. It's my life, I will do what I want. period. You think I'll hate it? That's nice mom and brother. (someday soon) You say you'll kick me out and ban the rest of the family from having any contact with me? Bye bye daddy o, good riddance.

It's your life. Screw your family.mod what YOU want.

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #6367 on: August 08, 2016, 12:24:53 AM »

Then there's roleplays. People are OP or just ridiculous. I then ignore them or leave the RP completely since I don't want to deal with their shit.

Excuse me for the quote there but I wanted to make sure it's pretty clear to what I respond.
The reason people like being OP or ridiculous is because they don't want to lose and want to look great. Almost no one wants to be the loser or the
guy who gets shot or something else. They all want to be an hero.

A lot of them want to be an hero but the truth is: there are no heros so no need to try to be like one

This.

It really angers me when I try to do something to other peoples characters and they just blow it off. But when they do it to me, I 100% take whatever came at me. It pisses me off.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #6368 on: August 08, 2016, 12:31:58 PM »

[stuff]

This.

It really angers me when I try to do something to other peoples characters and they just blow it off. But when they do it to me, I 100% take whatever came at me. It pisses me off.

I actually ended up leaving an Rp in the first few posts due to the first other player my character encountered deciding to "Turn invisible and leave", followed directly by someone else editing their post AFTER OTHER PEOPLE HAD ALREADY POSTED so the other method I had to actually get involved also failed.

The RP died only a couple of days later and the person who started it (who was not involved in either of the events that affected me) gave up on making new RPs permanently

On topic: Somehow it does not matter how good my life actually is on the face of it, I just don't FEEL happy. I feel content at best, and really have no idea why.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:33:40 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #6369 on: August 08, 2016, 04:57:22 PM »

[stuff]

This.

I actually ended up leaving an Rp in the first few posts due to the first other player my character encountered deciding to "Turn invisible and leave", followed directly by someone else editing their post AFTER OTHER PEOPLE HAD ALREADY POSTED so the other method I had to actually get involved also failed.

The RP died only a couple of days later and the person who started it (who was not involved in either of the events that affected me) gave up on making new RPs permanently

On topic: Somehow it does not matter how good my life actually is on the face of it, I just don't FEEL happy. I feel content at best, and really have no idea why.
That wasn't one of mine was it?
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #6370 on: August 08, 2016, 05:05:18 PM »

Then there's roleplays. People are OP or just ridiculous. I then ignore them or leave the RP completely since I don't want to deal with their shit.

Excuse me for the quote there but I wanted to make sure it's pretty clear to what I respond.
The reason people like being OP or ridiculous is because they don't want to lose and want to look great. Almost no one wants to be the loser or the
guy who gets shot or something else. They all want to be an hero.

A lot of them want to be an hero but the truth is: there are no heros so no need to try to be like one

This.

I've stopped doing RP's because I hate it when people try to be an hero or OP.
We get it: you want to be an hero, but there are none.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #6371 on: August 08, 2016, 06:13:38 PM »
That wasn't one of mine was it?
No. I do not believe we have ever both been in the same RP.

~~~

We should probably stop the RP discussion here. We are starting to drift off topic. If you want an extended discussion, you should make a new thread for it.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #6372 on: August 08, 2016, 06:15:40 PM »
Not drifting of the discussion when we are ranting about it, are we?

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #6373 on: August 08, 2016, 07:05:58 PM »
My dad likes to spontaneously start doing housework and make everyone else help regardless of whether they're busy with something else at the moment. And seeing as my sister is out of town for school and my mom works during the day, it always seems to be me who has to help do all the work. Case in point, my dad decided to start clearing out the whole garage trying to find a bike and parts for my sister. Which is a difficult task since my garage is floor to ceiling of junk. It's a bit annoying too since my sister hasn't helped at ALL trying to get it together and just expects us to do it. I've also been wanting my bike out of the garage too but "we can do that later, after we get your sister's".

At least I found a huge 2 inch wolf spider while moving stuff around. That was cool. Warning: arachnophobics beware   http://imgur.com/3c2hoeT
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:08:57 PM by ★Amethyst★ »

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #6374 on: August 08, 2016, 08:09:12 PM »
My dad likes to spontaneously start doing housework and make everyone else help regardless of whether they're busy with something else at the moment. And seeing as my sister is out of town for school and my mom works during the day, it always seems to be me who has to help do all the work. Case in point, my dad decided to start clearing out the whole garage trying to find a bike and parts for my sister. Which is a difficult task since my garage is floor to ceiling of junk. It's a bit annoying too since my sister hasn't helped at ALL trying to get it together and just expects us to do it. I've also been wanting my bike out of the garage too but "we can do that later, after we get your sister's".

At least I found a huge 2 inch wolf spider while moving stuff around. That was cool. Warning: arachnophobics beware   http://imgur.com/3c2hoeT
That link is just utter nightmare fuel.

On topic, apparently im not allowed to listen to music in study hall anymore which I find ridiculous.