The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171266 times)

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #6345 on: August 05, 2016, 02:16:41 AM »
Had a few people (not from TFF) hammer me today about not getting their drawing request done. I'm doing this for free. I explained I'm getting ready for both Renn Faire and Rocky Mountain Fur Con, but that doesn't seem to go through their heads.
MY ART IS FREE BECAUSE I'M NOT 100% SURE I CAN GET TO IT IN A TIMELY MANNER DUE TO JOB HUNTING, HOUSE HUNTING, AND THREE PART TIME JOBS
I pushed out 9 the last two days, and the people in question all had their request put in between 5-2 days ago. Even PAID artists don't usually get done in that time frame. T_T
@.@ 9 requests within the last two days? My god, good job!
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #6346 on: August 05, 2016, 02:28:37 AM »
Haha, thanks :P I'm not doing amazing watercolor though.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #6347 on: August 05, 2016, 03:05:30 AM »
Tech support makes me anxious, even when it's just through email. That's what I get for not keeping record of passwords.

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #6348 on: August 05, 2016, 04:26:59 AM »
Okay okay, usually I don't mind when the forum crashes. But it's gotten to the point where I have to ask: What's going on? Are the servers that bad? I really wish I could donate, but I can't...
If the servers are crashing, no amount of donating will fix it.
Considering this has happened to other furry sites, I'm willing to bet it was a DDOS attack. Some people seem to get their jollies making other people suffer.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #6349 on: August 05, 2016, 05:17:23 AM »
Most of the time when you get a 504 error or something, when you can't connect to the server, it's not the server crashing, rather it's the server temporarily refusing your connection. TFF has very little actual "downtime" but a lot of time where people can't connect to the website despite it being technically up, and it is due to consistent DDoS attacks on the site that can sometimes confuse the server, I believe.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #6350 on: August 05, 2016, 07:41:05 AM »
Most of the time when you get a 504 error or something, when you can't connect to the server, it's not the server crashing, rather it's the server temporarily refusing your connection. TFF has very little actual "downtime" but a lot of time where people can't connect to the website despite it being technically up, and it is due to consistent DDoS attacks on the site that can sometimes confuse the server, I believe.

didnt tweak fix our ip issue a few years back?
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #6351 on: August 05, 2016, 09:30:12 AM »
Jesus, I'm done. I try so hard to make people happy but I get shit just thrown at my face like I'm an animal at a zoo attraction! Why don't I get the same happiness that I give people? I want to be happy, but I just can't. None of my friends care for me, I only know two that do. And sometimes I just wonder if they really do like me.

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #6352 on: August 05, 2016, 05:56:54 PM »
Jesus, I'm done. I try so hard to make people happy but I get shit just thrown at my face like I'm an animal at a zoo attraction! Why don't I get the same happiness that I give people? I want to be happy, but I just can't. None of my friends care for me, I only know two that do. And sometimes I just wonder if they really do like me.
LEAD YOUR OWN HAPPINESS. Dont let the happiness of others guide how happy you are.
Otherwise you have no backbone, you know? I know what that's like. So I really broke free from my family and stuff, in a sense.

Making music is so easy but **censor** HARD to know what you're accually doing.
Theory Verus Feel, you know?
wired as right now

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #6353 on: August 05, 2016, 06:16:38 PM »
Why do they have to make it so damn hard to know if you've graduated from collage, GUH!!!
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #6354 on: August 06, 2016, 11:34:51 AM »
Why is it so difficult to get a job in the field you went to college for in the first damn place? I shouldn't be trapped in a catch 22.

Offline Nutmeg

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • A squirrel with a sweet tooth.
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Purple fur with a pink border and a light yellow underside. Light pink hair.
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 60kg
  • Build: A little curvier than average
  • Currently: Shop shop shop til you drop
« Reply #6355 on: August 06, 2016, 07:59:58 PM »
I don't understand why people lie to my face about their opinion of me. What's the point in telling me I'm awesome if you send my friend a paragraph ranting about how much you dislike me? Honestly, I'd prefer if you told me the truth about things instead of lying badly so I find out how it really is, even if the truth hurts. I'd rather cry over something dumb once than feel uneasy every time I'm told something.
^ That's right, a spice was named after this squirrel!!
^ Is the best squirrel and also the sweetest

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #6356 on: August 06, 2016, 08:20:43 PM »
This is a rant that could have ended in a horrible accident today.

Today I was a tramguard/ticketcontrol and I had to guard a tramcarriage that has no walls.
I told everyone pretty clear that it was strongly forbidden to put your hands/arms/legs outside of the vehicle because the catanary or signals
could be close and thus hit your bodypart causing a lot of pain and possibly break it.

The tram was rolling for 10 minutes when suddenly someone put their head outside, I saw a signal closing by and I pulled the guy back into
the carriage, he was pissed at me and decided to pull the emergency brake. The Chief-tramguard came to me and the guy starting ranting/
complaining to the chief and ofcourse the chief starting ranting against me and the passenger filed a formal complaint. Chances
are I will now receive a warning penalty which means I could lose my license for being a tramguard.

If I did nothing this guy his head would have been bashed in by a signal closing by at 50 KM/H and he decided because I helped him
/prevented a horrible accident by ruining my hobby for me?

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #6357 on: August 06, 2016, 08:24:06 PM »
This is a rant that could have ended in a horrible accident today.

Today I was a tramguard/ticketcontrol and I had to guard a tramcarriage that has no walls.
I told everyone pretty clear that it was strongly forbidden to put your hands/arms/legs outside of the vehicle because the catanary or signals
could be close and thus hit your bodypart causing a lot of pain and possibly break it.

The tram was rolling for 10 minutes when suddenly someone put their head outside, I saw a signal closing by and I pulled the guy back into
the carriage, he was pissed at me and decided to pull the emergency brake. The Chief-tramguard came to me and the guy starting ranting/
complaining to the chief and ofcourse the chief starting ranting against me and the passenger filed a formal complaint. Chances
are I will now receive a warning penalty which means I could lose my license for being a tramguard.

If I did nothing this guy his head would have been bashed in by a signal closing by at 50 KM/H and he decided because I helped him
/prevented a horrible accident by ruining my hobby for me?
Time to buy a helmet/head camera, I suppose you should argue to your chief that "You were told not to save people from losing appendages by what he said.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #6358 on: August 07, 2016, 07:40:15 PM »

Then there's roleplays. People are OP or just ridiculous. I then ignore them or leave the RP completely since I don't want to deal with their shit.

Excuse me for the quote there but I wanted to make sure it's pretty clear to what I respond.
The reason people like being OP or ridiculous is because they don't want to lose and want to look great. Almost no one wants to be the loser or the
guy who gets shot or something else. They all want to be an hero.

A lot of them want to be an hero but the truth is: there are no heros so no need to try to be like one

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #6359 on: August 07, 2016, 09:17:42 PM »
If you don't want a response, Don't post it

Not meaning to be rude
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.