The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171344 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5850 on: June 18, 2016, 03:33:48 PM »
Sometimes I wish I wasn't friends with such a hypocritical asshole who feels no remorse for anything
slap me for asking or whatever ,but. Why do you have such friends?
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5851 on: June 18, 2016, 03:50:03 PM »
Sometimes I wish I wasn't friends with such a hypocritical asshole who feels no remorse for anything

I think I can answer that. Friends can still be fun to be around despite their flaws. A friend can be an asshole in a certain situation but can be awesome anytime else. If we dropped friends for every flaw they have, we'd have no friends at all.

Also, sometimes you find troubling details of people months or even years after befriending them. That's why even best friends can fall apart.

On topic: my stomach hurts. X_x

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5852 on: June 18, 2016, 03:58:47 PM »

I think I can answer that. Friends can still be fun to be around despite their flaws. A friend can be an asshole in a certain situation but can be awesome anytime else. If we dropped friends for every flaw they have, we'd have no friends at all.

Also, sometimes you find troubling details of people months or even years after befriending them. That's why even best friends can fall apart.

On topic: my stomach hurts. X_x
I understand that stuff ,but. there are times I question why people stick with people who they call 'friends' when they really are just kinda abusing them... and as a side rant.

why me? why me?
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #5853 on: June 19, 2016, 06:41:31 AM »

My computer lost Internet connection and can't get it back. That means that I get to take it to dad tomorrow. Oh, shoot  x_x
I mean, as long as it gets fixed, I wouldn't care who does it. But my whole family will have to deal with the fallout tomorrow now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 06:46:03 AM by Rocco »

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 10 Most Online
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #5854 on: June 19, 2016, 07:45:39 AM »

My computer lost Internet connection and can't get it back. That means that I get to take it to dad tomorrow. Oh, shoot  x_x
I mean, as long as it gets fixed, I wouldn't care who does it. But my whole family will have to deal with the fallout tomorrow now.

hmm pm me a few screen caps of the taskbar the network window and the adaptor stuff if possible

OT: its pouring down rain and that ruined my skype call with friends
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #5855 on: June 19, 2016, 07:52:09 AM »
I wish I could go on FA without being bombarded with pictures of babies shitting themselves and/or showing off their hindquarters.  Since it's not inherently "sexual", they keep putting it in General Audience. Showing genitalia  is N0T the only way to be NSFW.  Plus, cub is "against the rules" on that site, but the mods won't actually enforce that because they like it.

I'm in SFW mode on there,  I'm not even supposed to be ABLE to view this kind of content on there, let alone see it on the new uploads every time I check on it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5856 on: June 19, 2016, 08:29:29 AM »
I wish I could go on FA without being bombarded with pictures of babies shitting themselves and/or showing off their hindquarters.  Since it's not inherently "sexual", they keep putting it in General Audience. Showing genitalia  is N0T the only way to be NSFW.  Plus, cub is "against the rules" on that site, but the mods won't actually enforce that because they like it.

I'm in SFW mode on there,  I'm not even supposed to be ABLE to view this kind of content on there, let alone see it on the new uploads every time I check on it.
Yeah I know what you mean I'm tired of seeing certain art myself, like in the case of Deviantart the newest popular game I don't give a crap about (5 nights at freddies....)

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #5857 on: June 19, 2016, 11:29:22 AM »
Couldn't sleep. Then I had to get up an adult anyway. Now my brain is exploding.

Insomnia can suck a fart.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 10 Most Online
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #5858 on: June 19, 2016, 11:37:22 AM »
Couldn't sleep. Then I had to get up an adult anyway. Now my brain is exploding.

Insomnia can suck a fart.
*hugs the trixsie*

OT: some people keep letting off fireworks even tho they are illegal in qld but yet they get away with it after multiple cop calls
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #5859 on: June 19, 2016, 01:10:51 PM »
I think my mind is becoming very good at two things:
Self-loathing and hiding it...
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5860 on: June 19, 2016, 03:24:01 PM »

This. Plus sometimes people don't bother to mark basic yiff stuff as NSFW when it clearly should be.

I'm usually in NSFW mode so I can check links in the general boards for yiff. Once in a while I look at recent uploads and see a whole lot of nope. I swear more than half of uploads these days are extreme fetish stuff, with a large chunk drawn with the skill of an average six year old. Sometimes I like to look through to have a giggle, but at the same time it's kinda sad. I mean, people like what they like and they can enjoy it, but the fact that it's so common compared to general artwork irritates me quite a bit.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5861 on: June 19, 2016, 03:36:08 PM »
A little similar with deviantart, just with standard human NSFW stuff as well as anthro stuff, though not as often as FA I suppose.

I haven't used my FA that much, but when I start drawing more I'd like some place to post it. There's Deviantart of course though I usually use it for non-anthro art or ceramics, and maybe Tumblr I guess? At least if I come across any annoying blog I can block it outright.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #5862 on: June 19, 2016, 03:40:40 PM »
The FA thing.  I do find a lot of the stuff in the "disinteresting to repellent" end of the spectrum, but it doesn't bother me that much.However, I've been considering using a different hosting site because when I want to show people something I don't want to show them... anything else XD

But I don't know where to go and hassle etc.  It's just kind of a shame.  I'm pretty broad minded but some of it is pretty damn broad for something not specifically searched for.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #5863 on: June 19, 2016, 05:35:55 PM »
Dad was noticed at church. Uh oh, why did I have a feeling this would not end well? Then a guy played the trumpet, which he hates too. He played it for two songs. I didn't even have to check which song was next, I could tell. Yup, the song he hates. And I'm trying to find any reason to not tell him my computer is down. And for the past week I've been on this STUPID drug which has me off balance physically, mentally, and emotionally. Now I remember why I never take pills.

Shit

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #5864 on: June 19, 2016, 06:09:19 PM »
Does your doctor know your medicine makes you feel like that? You should tell him.
Oh woof