The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171216 times)

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5835 on: June 15, 2016, 02:24:35 PM »
So I've been absent for several weeks now.  Thanks to everyone who was concerned for me and I will try to catch up with my PMs.

Sadly I have been plagued with dental problems (all sorted now except the $1400 bill) a rather nasty respiratory infection and another shoulder injury (left shoulder this time) which has me in constant pain with numbness and pins and needles which has made my mood pretty poor.

I have had a bunch of x-rays and tests and physio and acupuncture etc and at least it seems to be soft tissue damage rather than nerve damage so yay I guess.  I've had one round of steroid injections which helped and am counting down the 6 days until I can get more.

Anyway, that's the short version.  I feel bad to have just abandoned everyone, but I just didn't want to get online when I was so miserable.

I thought about the gang here every day, so never fear, you were with me in spirit.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #5836 on: June 15, 2016, 03:54:40 PM »
That's very nice to hear Trixsie. I'm glad things are getting better for you.
Oh woof

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #5837 on: June 16, 2016, 04:51:17 PM »
I nearly got boxed 'round the ears by Dad because I told him I want to prioritise getting my assignments finished and sent off over doing housework.

Housework which, frankly, he always gets other people to do. He's such a control freak. The moment someone says "no" or the moment he loses control of a situation out comes the foul language and threats.

If it wasn't for my brother who stepped in to defend me I'd be feeling pretty sore right now.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5838 on: June 16, 2016, 05:12:20 PM »
I nearly got boxed 'round the ears by Dad because I told him I want to prioritise getting my assignments finished and sent off over doing housework.

Housework which, frankly, he always gets other people to do. He's such a control freak. The moment someone says "no" or the moment he loses control of a situation out comes the foul language and threats.

If it wasn't for my brother who stepped in to defend me I'd be feeling pretty sore right now.
You could almost call that domestic abuse I think.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #5839 on: June 16, 2016, 05:16:54 PM »

You could almost call that domestic abuse I think.
If he were to be hit, than it becomes criminal.

Grey. I know about having a bad dad. While he doesn't touch us, there is a more urgent problem which we can't fix. If you haven't already, you should start planning how to escape when you hit 18.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #5840 on: June 16, 2016, 06:02:02 PM »
I agree with Rocco. Get out of there as soon as you can.

Minor rant, but wearing black a lot sucks when you own a cat. You gotta use a pet hair roller constantly to get that stuff off. Sometimes I need to use two sheets of the paper to get most of it off, and not long afterward hair gets plastered all over it again. At least I've been branching out to more colors lately. But black is still comfy...

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5841 on: June 16, 2016, 06:04:21 PM »
I thought you were going to say wearing black sucks in the summer (which it does very much)

When I wear nice clothes I stay away from my kitties (all 5 of them)
Oh woof

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #5842 on: June 16, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »

I thought you were going to say wearing black sucks in the summer (which it does very much)
I got back a few minutes ago from a short run in 100+ heat index wearing a black shirt. Let's just say I don't suggest doing it, especially when you aren't acclimated to such heat, it's sunny, and you haven't run in about a week. Stomach still isn't too happy...

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #5843 on: June 16, 2016, 06:16:50 PM »
Oh yeah, it does suck in the summer, but I've worn black for so long, I'm used to it. XD I don't run, though.

Now I most often wear earth tones, like dull greens and reds, browns, tans, and greys. But I still love wearing black. It's slimming and not too eye-catching.

Back when I was in middle school, people thought I was an emo kid because I wore black shirts and jackets all the time. Though I did try a subtle goth-ish style when I could. By high school, everyone wore black, so thankfully I didn't stick out anymore.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5844 on: June 16, 2016, 06:24:39 PM »
Black is nice, I like it. Especially when it's paired with white. I love minimalist designs.
Oh woof

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #5845 on: June 16, 2016, 06:30:17 PM »

Oh I love black. My favorite clothing? Combat boots and BDU pants (that's normal for me. I wear then everyday except jeans in church) and a dark, preferably black shirt. I just wore a black shirt today to make the run more miserable.
Probably better go back to original purpose of this thread.

Speaking of heat, it is soooo hot here. I HATE summer.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #5846 on: June 16, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »
There are two/four things I hate about summer: the heat and humidity, and bees and wasps.

What sucks is that we have huge bushes along the path to the front door that you inevitably touch while walking through, and sometimes bees and wasps hang around in them. I usually hop off the side of the porch instead during the summer to avoid that.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5847 on: June 16, 2016, 06:47:15 PM »

Bleh, I have a similar dad. He makes me do everything. Even something so lazy as go and get something from up/downstairs that he forgot and didn't want to take the 30 seconds to do it himself. When I point it out he usually says something like "I drive you places so you should do this". Well, I don't have a license. You however have working legs. He never asks my sister to do anything to boot. He says it's because she's too lazy and unreliable, like that's a bad thing but it just means she's more privileged that she doesn't have to lift a single finger. But when I want to be lazy and just not do something I get yelled at. He blames mt mom for 'enabling' her laziness when he's the one who's doing so.

And he'll just start doing housework and expect other people to drop everything and help him. Just today I had to spend two hours moving and lifting junk around the garage (he's also a pack rat, too) when I was busy doing other stuff.

Bleh, rant over.

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolx
  • Coloring: Blue/white
  • Height: 5 foot something
  • Weight: Don't be so judgemental!
  • Build: Average, anthro
  • Currently: well then
« Reply #5848 on: June 18, 2016, 07:08:29 AM »
Sometimes I wish I wasn't friends with such a hypocritical asshole who feels no remorse for anything
Is it a wolf? Is it a fox? No, it's Wolx!

Tell a man there are 300,000,000 stars in the universe, he'll believe you. Tell a man the benches paint is wet, he'd have to touch it to be sure

[img width

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5849 on: June 18, 2016, 03:27:12 PM »
Yeah people like that are the worst i hate hypocricts and assholes
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)