The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171417 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5820 on: June 13, 2016, 07:03:51 AM »
Let's take it easy on the quotes there. Specifically that unnecessarily spaced out one. o_o

I keep forgetting what I wanted to do. I remember it, read some articles before doing it, then forget again.
I had a problem just getting outside the quote for some reason...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Poster
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #5821 on: June 13, 2016, 02:54:56 PM »
I'm rather conflicted... On one hand, my dad makes me feel depressed to the point of almost suicidal - though not with intent.
On the other hand, he's my dad so I'm trying to be kind...
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • The official creator of the word "kisu"
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White Fur and long Brown Hair
  • Height: 5,11
  • Build: Average build
« Reply #5822 on: June 13, 2016, 03:19:08 PM »
I'm here to pay my respects to those who lost their lives yesterday, I have great respect for the LGBT community and the Islamic community and condemn both ISIS and hate mongers like Donald Trump.. I heard the father of the gunman speak today and he said "it is only gods duty to punish homosexuals"  god would not punish anyone, both Islam and Christianity are meant to spread peace and respect, not hate and violence! please help stop hatred and assist those who are ignorant to understand the rights of all people, regardless of age, gender, orientation, religion, lifestyle, race, nationality, ethnicity, disability, illness  ... thank you.. and my deepest condolences to the familys and their loved ones who have been cruely taken from us...   

"A Brief Period Of Rejoicing"

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Poster
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #5823 on: June 13, 2016, 03:27:45 PM »
I'm here to pay my respects to those who lost their lives yesterday, I have great respect for the LGBT community and the Islamic community and condemn both ISIS and hate mongers like Donald Trump.. I heard the father of the gunman speak today and he said "it is only gods duty to punish homosexuals"  god would not punish anyone, both Islam and Christianity are meant to spread peace and respect, not hate and violence! please help stop hatred and assist those who are ignorant to understand the rights of all people, regardless of age, gender, orientation, religion, lifestyle, race, nationality, ethnicity, disability, illness  ... thank you.. and my deepest condolences to the familys and their loved ones who have been cruely taken from us...   

That being said - I really hate it when people say that guns aren't the problem. Look at the amount of mass shootings that USA have had this year, and tell me that those numbers wouldn't be lower if guns were made illegal.
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5824 on: June 13, 2016, 04:15:54 PM »
Because mass shooters will get guns no matter if they're illegal or not. There are so many around already only those who don't give a crap about laws will get them and it will do little to nothing to stop the problem. I feel the issue is more the poor way we regulate them and the country's mental health issues. There are countries with even less strict gun laws than the US and they don't get nearly as many shootings. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Anyway, I got a cake for 50% off,  but the frosting is painfully sweet. I can barely handle it. The rest of it is good, at least.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:17:32 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • The official creator of the word "kisu"
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White Fur and long Brown Hair
  • Height: 5,11
  • Build: Average build
« Reply #5825 on: June 13, 2016, 04:40:36 PM »
we have very strict gun laws here in the UK and there are still many crimes and violence.. knife crime is still a big problem here.. also I'm not one of those people who think guns are evil.. there are loads of good reasons to have a gun, for instance if your a collector or a historian, maybe in a shooting club or part of a shooting discipline.. I worked on a shooting range for a while and was in the army cadets for some time.. I know how dangerous they can be if handled improperly.. But I've had training and experience.. so its not really guns that need to be band.. its just laws should be made to protect people who may have a mental illness, so that they can handle guns safely securely and without putting them selves or others in danger.. 

"A Brief Period Of Rejoicing"

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5826 on: June 13, 2016, 06:04:01 PM »
we have very strict gun laws here in the UK and there are still many crimes and violence.. knife crime is still a big problem here.. also I'm not one of those people who think guns are evil.. there are loads of good reasons to have a gun, for instance if your a collector or a historian, maybe in a shooting club or part of a shooting discipline.. I worked on a shooting range for a while and was in the army cadets for some time.. I know how dangerous they can be if handled improperly.. But I've had training and experience.. so its not really guns that need to be band.. its just laws should be made to protect people who may have a mental illness, so that they can handle guns safely securely and without putting them selves or others in danger..
AS the common saying goes: It's not guns that kill people it's people with guns that kill people.  The problem is people not the weapons, sure we as humans have been inventing better ways to kill each other but the problem is not the weapons themselves but the people who use them for evil reasons. The only true way to stop killing is to erase the human race from existence, but that's a little extreme. So the problem is, how do you judge if someone is mentally evil to the point where they will use guns in the wrong manner?

The other problem is banning items does not fix the problem, banning an item shifts prices in the black market, and criminals can still get guns while the ban makes it so that a law abiding citizen cannot carry a gun in their own defence... I'm gonna stop there to avoid getting into a debate or Lecture on gun laws and stuff.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:06:35 PM by Alex »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5827 on: June 13, 2016, 06:12:58 PM »
While it's good to talk about this issue, it's best to move it to its own thread. Thank you.

I might have bought overripe fruit. Great.

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #5828 on: June 14, 2016, 12:20:31 AM »
I got two things to complain about.

I have just entered a drawing of a Skylanders OC to the SkylandersArtContests on Twitter, and I know I'm probably not going to win, and I keep telling myself not to get my hopes up, and yet deep down I keep imagining Mind Raider, my elephant Skylanders OC, as an actual Skylander, and I keep imagining myself winning the contest, and no matter how many times I tell myself not to get my hopes up, I keep getting my hopes up.

In a more important note, my dad is starting his first day in a new job soon. The problem is... he works half a day from 8 PM to 8 AM, and he slept horribly because he felt he had to do laundry in the morning, and he couldn't get back to sleep the rest of the day. Since he's going to be sleep deprived going into this job, I'm worried that he might get hurt driving to work, doing work, and driving home. I wish there was more I could do for him, but this is another thing I have no power over at all. :(

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5829 on: June 14, 2016, 01:31:40 AM »
Ugh, my dad can be so ridiculous and irrational sometimes.

Someone left a bag with a sweet potato or something on the microwave, and it went bad and leaked some juice on top. We cleaned it up, but now my dad is incredibly angry because it's still kind of stained. Like, angry as if it's completely broken and destroyed even though it still works perfectly fine. But no, no one else can argue with him because he NEVER does anything wrong and we're always the ones messing things up. Try to bring it up and he'll yell at you or or deflect and blame something completely unrelated on you. Sometimes he'll just end up breaking something anyway, in this case a glass. Which I accidentally stepped on...

He rarely gets this bad, but it's so stupid and I'm really irritated right now. One reason why I can't wait to move out sometime soon.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5830 on: June 14, 2016, 01:55:50 AM »
Your dad sounds like a lot of Immature people I have heard of who always blame others for thier mistakes..... sigh..... No honor... no maturity...

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #5831 on: June 14, 2016, 02:44:28 AM »

But no, no one else can argue with him because he NEVER does anything wrong and we're always the ones messing things up. Try to bring it up and he'll yell at you or or deflect and blame something completely unrelated on you. Sometimes he'll just end up breaking something anyway
Why does that sound familiar T_T

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #5832 on: June 14, 2016, 03:34:33 AM »
You get those moments where they start making a big deal about something, then they scream at you to stop making a big deal about that something? I know that feeling well.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #5833 on: June 14, 2016, 04:14:05 PM »
Man... why is life so hard? Trying to be admitted to my college is such a hassle... they need my ACT scores, I don't have them on me right now. My high school does, but I can't get into my profile to see it! I went to the ACT website to get them that way, but I need a special ID code that would only be seen if I had my scores in the first place! So I'm just running around all over, and the worst part is that time is running out...
Oh woof

Offline Setcho

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Who wants to be normal?
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Who wants to know >~>
  • Height: 5'10
  • Build: Small
  • Currently: I was on the forums before it was cool
« Reply #5834 on: June 14, 2016, 09:23:09 PM »
Haven't used the forums in ages, i kinda wanna come back, good peoples here. But nothing is really attracting me towards it :/