The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171238 times)

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5655 on: May 26, 2016, 11:12:34 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with that. I think center is good.
Oh woof

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #5656 on: May 26, 2016, 11:13:10 PM »
I wish I accepted my issue sooner before desperately using my loved one as a coping device years back. I will never forgive myself for the bullshit I put them through, no matter how much they claim to forgive me. I wish I could turn back time and get the help I needed then before dragging them down. Even if the change made us simply friends, I'd rather that than them going through my nonsense. They didn't deserve all that.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:15:41 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Jane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Magenta Fur with raspberry colored hair /deeper shade of magenta
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 110 pounds
  • Currently: glad i got work done.
« Reply #5657 on: May 27, 2016, 12:38:12 AM »
Feeling really inadequate about my body and my identity. For weeks and weeks all I hear is homophobic and transphobic remarks and its really getting to me, I don't feel comfortable around people like this, the remarks are not directed at me, I'm not comfortable coming out to family or friends as much but its still remarks to the community I am happy I'll be graduating and leaving that place soon . maybe then I'll feel more comfortable.
I DO NOT take trades or do requests, sorry.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #5658 on: May 27, 2016, 12:53:44 AM »
That makes me think about something... you know how I thought I was transgender? Well, after doing some soul searching (with help from my therapist) it turns out that all I really had was a identity crisis.

But... I'm still not sure... I don't know...
Oh woof

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #5659 on: May 27, 2016, 02:22:50 AM »
I've considered the possibility a few times, but to actually go through with it is expensive and permanent. I can't deal with the idea that I might regret it sometime in the future.
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #5660 on: May 28, 2016, 07:50:51 AM »
It's a shame that so many people who want to get into the military are the type who seriously shouldn't be trusted in the military. The type who have several screws loose or are plain old d-bags, in it for the glory of being a manipulative "hero", shooting down people for kicks.

The military is important, and people like that make it seem like it's just a game. This shit isn't Call of Duty, folks, nor does it make you an automatic good person.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5661 on: May 28, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »
Im on the edge of snapping i dont think my stress can get any higher right now
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Sianni

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Coloring: Dark brown and black.
  • Height: 1.7 m
  • Weight: 54.4 kg
  • Build: Lanky, but otherwise average.
  • Currently: Isolating myself.
« Reply #5662 on: May 28, 2016, 04:41:14 PM »
I feel very... stuck.

If you didn't know already I'm the eldest of three sisters, my step sister is the youngest. So naturally I'm supposed to inherit my father's shop while my sisters can pursue whatever they desire. Normally I'm not very sour about the situation, I've known my entire life this would happen, but I feel like I need to do something... I'm not quite sure what, but I want to do something more than sitting in the back room sewing or sanding.

I've learned many useful skills because of my upbringing but sitting in the back room for nearly 18 hours on any given day has made me dull and almost semi-invalid. Our only remaining shop assistant and carpenters just treat me like I'm going to inherit the business, which I am, but I feel like I can be more than their future employer.

Or maybe I can't. I don't have any friends and no one I share my life with anymore. My sisters are just on the other side of town but every day I have less motivation to visit them. I'm either busy, or it just seems too far, or I simply just feel too overwhelmed by everything else. This forum is really the last hope I have for social interaction.

This is the life my father chose for me, it would be very disgraceful of me to just sell the business. I know I can easily find work elsewhere but... it just comes with being the eldest of three.

Offline Orthus Fangwill

• Boisterous Bear
  • "I see fur, I upvote."
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: Snow white fur, deep blue eyes and black paw pads.
  • Height: 4.6 feet
  • Weight: 12 kg
  • Build: Lithe
  • Currently: I see you're looking at my status.
« Reply #5663 on: May 28, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »

I feel very... stuck.

If you didn't know already I'm the eldest of three sisters, my step sister is the youngest. So naturally I'm supposed to inherit my father's shop while my sisters can pursue whatever they desire. Normally I'm not very sour about the situation, I've known my entire life this would happen, but I feel like I need to do something... I'm not quite sure what, but I want to do something more than sitting in the back room sewing or sanding.

I've learned many useful skills because of my upbringing but sitting in the back room for nearly 18 hours on any given day has made me dull and almost semi-invalid. Our only remaining shop assistant and carpenters just treat me like I'm going to inherit the business, which I am, but I feel like I can be more than their future employer.

Or maybe I can't. I don't have any friends and no one I share my life with anymore. My sisters are just on the other side of town but every day I have less motivation to visit them. I'm either busy, or it just seems too far, or I simply just feel too overwhelmed by everything else. This forum is really the last hope I have for social interaction.

This is the life my father chose for me, it would be very disgraceful of me to just sell the business. I know I can easily find work elsewhere but... it just comes with being the eldest of three.

Ah, the joys of being the eldest. It is indeed hard. I appreciate that you really love your family, and you respect your father's inheritance. I salute you for that. But please do remember to leave some of that love for yourself. You have every right to live a life the way you want to as long as you don't step on other people's ways. If you are not happy with that and feel uncomfortable with the situation you are in, feel free to tell your family and discuss it over with them. If they really love you, they should respect the fact that you feel left out and want something more than just handling an old family business.

Options would be:

1. Continue as the future heir.
2. Find someone trustworthy to take care of the business and go live life the way you want to. (Best option)
3. Sell the business. (This is a last resort)

The choice is up to you. I know this is hard to get through, but you would eventually. Just always remember that there is hope and there is always to solve these problems. I wish you good luck.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:37:12 PM by Orthus Fangwill »

---o0---- Im at Zootropolis Chronicles if you ever have the urge to join a Zootopia RP ----0o---
Zootropolis Chronicles

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #5664 on: May 28, 2016, 07:54:16 PM »
Wanted to watch the Runescape summer summit stream, but since my main internet still doesn't work I had to give up due to all the lag.
And seeing as the loaner I got from my ISP didn't solve the problem, I'll have to wait until Monday until I can give fixing the thing another try.

Unless I leave for Siberia before that, that is >->

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #5665 on: May 28, 2016, 08:40:04 PM »
We got a new train but there is a lot of water damage in the interior so no idea how we are gonna repair that.
It it is impossible we will have to strip it and completely make a new interior

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5666 on: May 29, 2016, 12:35:52 AM »
It's a shame that so many people who want to get into the military are the type who seriously shouldn't be trusted in the military. The type who have several screws loose or are plain old d-bags, in it for the glory of being a manipulative "hero", shooting down people for kicks.

The military is important, and people like that make it seem like it's just a game. This shit isn't Call of Duty, folks, nor does it make you an automatic good person.

"You wanted to play hero. Well, you joined the wrong organization. You ever hear of James Edwards?
"No."

" Well, he saved the lives of fifteen people tonight. But nobody knows he exists. And if nobody knows he exists, how can anybody love him?" (Men In Black 2 ~ Agent J)

On another note I hear video game players make great Predator Drone pilots... You just need to realize your not playing a 60 dollar game anymore your piloting a remote control plane with REAL guns oh and not to mention it's worth a million dollars.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:40:08 AM by Alex »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Sianni

• Boisterous Bear
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Coloring: Dark brown and black.
  • Height: 1.7 m
  • Weight: 54.4 kg
  • Build: Lanky, but otherwise average.
  • Currently: Isolating myself.
« Reply #5667 on: May 29, 2016, 11:33:00 AM »
My heart is behaving oddly, this is mostly normal except I took medicine. It's still doing it and I can't figure out what's wrong.

I'll get it checked out when my step mother comes back, if it doesn't stop.

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #5668 on: May 29, 2016, 02:59:34 PM »
Why does everything hurt so much?
wired as right now

Offline Sianni