The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171333 times)

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5595 on: May 20, 2016, 12:33:37 AM »
I understand that Destiny. I'm the same way when it comes to alcohol. I don't want anything to do with that stuff... ever...
Oh woof

Offline DestinyUnleashed

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: Chestnut brown, dark mane and tail.
  • Height: 2 ft
  • Weight: Average, a little underweight.
  • Build: Petite but surprisingly strong. Super fluffy.
  • Currently: Lonely.
« Reply #5596 on: May 20, 2016, 01:44:27 AM »
My extended family drinks heavily so I know where you're coming from.

"...My hands are tied behind my back..."
--

--
"...The rope is made out of what I lack..."

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5597 on: May 20, 2016, 04:07:39 AM »
Ive had it with an the anti LGBT Bullshit I keep seeing on my Facebook. It's just people sharing things from the Torah or the old testament when they're Baptist and Protestant. Ive spent the past hour just reading sections of the Bible to show them they don't even know their own religion. I cannot stand ignorance.
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
« Reply #5598 on: May 20, 2016, 04:19:02 AM »
Ive had it with an the anti LGBT Bullshit I keep seeing on my Facebook. It's just people sharing things from the Torah or the old testament when they're Baptist and Protestant. Ive spent the past hour just reading sections of the Bible to show them they don't even know their own religion. I cannot stand ignorance.
Here's some: http://www.witnessfortheworld.org

http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-homosexuality/

There's a few verses from the new testament addressing homosexuality even though people say it doesn't.

Never really understood Christians teaching from the old testament. They certainly don't kill homosexuals or adulterers or etc, but the Pope compares the gospel of Matthew to ISIS conquest. Watcha gonna do, right?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 04:22:41 AM by 138 »

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5599 on: May 20, 2016, 11:10:26 AM »
It's situations like this where I'm a little glad I don't read the bible. Yes, I'm a Christian, and I probably should read it. But I'm very comfortable with my own perception of God. I see him as a figure who possesses never-ending love and forgiveness for all things in this universe.
Oh woof

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #5600 on: May 20, 2016, 06:09:32 PM »
I was a Christian. Was. Emphasis on that. Now, not so much. Do I believe in God? Do you think a man can be prepped to have his life given to him, to have it ready for the taking, like a reward for surviving everything he has been through, and then have it all taken from him, denied, and given to one of those responsible for his torment, and not believe? You think he can start life out with a great family, supportive and understanding, then see it all fall apart and be put through one hell after another, and not believe? Anyone who would think I don't believe in god anymore has it all wrong: I absolutely believe in god. And I absolutely hate the ****er.

Early in my adolescence, I turned to god. I wanted purpose. Understanding. An end to my daily torment, a torment I still feel, even though one may not see it from the way I act here. What I got instead, for letting God into my life, was a war in which I still fight - against a tyrant, whose machinations and lies my own family fight to preserve; a Tyrant who dared to call himself my step-father. They see me as a volatile brute. One even uses me as a source of income, now. I am so easily overlooked, in favor of one of my own kin who was responsible for part of my pain. Few in this world ever understand me. Fewer still sympathize with me. None, to date, have ever done anything to end it. More than once, I was nearly driven to suicide. BY MY OWN FAMILY. By my own memories. More than once, one among this forum had to talk me out of it.

How does this have anything to do with my spiritual beliefs? It's quite simple, really: In my mind, even god himself is expected to protect his kingdom, not just his castle. How can he expect me to respect and worship him when I cannot count on him to keep me safe? Of all the ones who could have made a difference in my life, god could have had the largest impact. He could have done the most. And what did he do?

He did NOTHING!

Nothing but prolong my pain and suffering. Perhaps I serve God's purpose staying alive in spite of all this pain. But if God, a being of such vaunted and infinite love and mercy, is going to put his own people through such torment for his own ends, then I want nothing to do with him. In my mind, God is a Tyrant, like the tyrant who I still fight with. In my mind, God has repeatedly denied me peace, an end to my suffering. "Everything that god does he does because he loves us," it is said. Where is the love in putting a young, innocent boy through two families torn apart? Where is the love in him being harassed by his peers in school, who hated him for being different? Where is the love in having him watch as his freedom and independence denied to him, after everything he has suffered through? Where is the love in seeing him forced to live, separated from those who could possibly understand him, and maybe even love him? By whose decree should he be forced to live like that?

Who have I wronged to deserve suffering on a scale like this?

So many do not understand me, even nearly ten years after I tried to leave that world behind. How can they ever hope to know the threats I face, when they have never walked in the dark places of my past? Faced my war and suffering on such a scale? If they had traveled far enough, rather than waiting for the echoes to reach them, perhaps they would have seen my torment for what really is. Day after day, I am reminded how alone I am, because of the lies of my own kin and my own gullibility, to have fallen so easily into their traps. I am kept locked away from society because my mother sees me as a mentally-unstable psychopath, when the truth is quite the contrary. And I still remember what I did in 2012. December 21, 2012. The day that was supposed to be the end of the world. I watched helplessly, fearing the end. I was so afraid, I prayed to god to spare the world.

I shouldn't have.

I don't know if the world was really going to end then, but even so, I feel I should have let the world die. Maybe seeing humanity itself, whose members caused me suffering on an unimaginable scale, burn and die around me would have been enough for me, and when my own end came, I would have found the peace that had always eluded me. But no, I was afraid and prayed to be spared. And for once, I got what I wanted.

I should have died long ago, but somehow, I am still alive. And I will never again trust God. I want nothing to do with him or his grand master plan. I just want to be somewhere where I don't have to be afraid of everyone around me, where I don't have to be suspicious of their motives and where I can be myself without anyone labeling me for it. But as I have learned, God will never allow that.

I just needed to get that off my mind.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5601 on: May 20, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »
I'm... so sorry to hear that, the way I see it: us humans are incapable of understanding God because he's just too much. But, I don't want to talk about my beliefs here because I don't want to spark any sort of conflict. I'm sorry that you've had such a rough life. I'm sorry that you prayed and got no answer. You see, God can control a lot of things. Except people... because we have free will... I don't know if this is the right place to discuss all of this. So if you want to message me Romulan, please don't hesitate. I'm here for you.
Oh woof

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #5602 on: May 21, 2016, 12:20:15 AM »
Allright, here it goes:

Today there was an action with Thalys, an high speed train service between Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Cologne and Dortmund.
The action was pretty simple: if you buy a ticket today you can buy a single ticket for €20 to one of their destinations between 20/05 and 20/09
I thought to myself: this is great, I wanted to go to Paris for a day and this seemed to be wonderful to do.

When going online and reserving tickets I came into a waiting queue of 150 minutes.
After waiting 150 minutes I finally can go buy a ticket but then the website times out, it refreshes and the queue was now 200 minutes.
Because I had other things to do I went to the hairdresser and afterwards to the doctor for the torn ligaments.

Knowing I would have to wait even longer I went to the international railwaystation, around 30KM from where I live.
The traintrip itself costed €6, arriving at the travelcenter I also had to wait again because the reservation system was overloaded caused by the succes of
the promo.
30 minutes later I finally was able to buy my ticket to Paris and back but I also paid a fee of €7 just to buy a ticket.

It might not seem that bad but if you have to wait over 6 hours for buying a ticket and then have to pay €13 just to be able to, well that can frustrate someone

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5603 on: May 22, 2016, 12:57:45 AM »
It pisses me off when people unironically say some form of the phrase "open your eyes" during debates. "You don't see the world exactly how I do so you must be totally wrong and need to open your eyes durr durr". And often you can tell they barely know what they're talking about anyway and are as just as much part of the sheep herd as the people they call out. Can people not have debates without some asshole barging in with that BS?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:00:52 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5604 on: May 22, 2016, 01:06:19 AM »
I'm currently falling down a cliff called life.

I may not be falling off a cliff myself, but it's tossed me blindfolded out of a car, drove off, and left me lost in the middle of nowhere and no one else in sight to help me find my way.

Metaphors are fun..

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5605 on: May 22, 2016, 07:02:59 PM »
Oh dear... I'm graduating, I'm actually graduating. I just don't know if I'm ready...
Oh woof

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5606 on: May 22, 2016, 07:57:31 PM »
Good luck! Are you going to the ceremony? At my high school it was optional, but it might be different at others. I didn't go to mine because I graduated late due to summer school. I didn't want to go to it anyway, so no loss for me. XD

OT: I hate my voice. It makes me sound like an annoying kid.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5607 on: May 22, 2016, 08:24:19 PM »
Of course I'm going. I don't know if it's optional or not. But i'm definitely going. And this fall, if everything works out, I'll be studying biology in a community college.
Oh woof

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5608 on: May 22, 2016, 10:41:20 PM »
Haven't heard anything from the places I've applied to in almost two weeks, so I'm going to assume they have no interest in me.

I'm going to get off my butt and throw out some more applications, I guess. Maybe someone will bite. Without any job experience though my resume feels very, very empty... I'm also just a little anxious about having a job in general and having to deal with an interview should that happen. I don't feel positive enough to be really cheerful and genuine about it. Like, "why do you want to work here?" I need some money and job experience that's why. "What skills can you bring to this business?" I don't know...I won't mess things up too badly?

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #5609 on: May 22, 2016, 11:50:41 PM »
Haven't heard anything from the places I've applied to in almost two weeks, so I'm going to assume they have no interest in me.

I'm going to get off my butt and throw out some more applications, I guess. Maybe someone will bite. Without any job experience though my resume feels very, very empty... I'm also just a little anxious about having a job in general and having to deal with an interview should that happen. I don't feel positive enough to be really cheerful and genuine about it. Like, "why do you want to work here?" I need some money and job experience that's why. "What skills can you bring to this business?" I don't know...I won't mess things up too badly?
I'm feeling the same and in general, working my ass off to find a job.
wired as right now