The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171201 times)

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5160 on: April 02, 2016, 02:58:42 PM »
That's just how groceries work Kitty. My aunt buys them every week too.

Excuse? I legit don't have the money to buy groceries every week. I have just enough to try and stock up for a month and the food only lasts a week between two people because I have about $140 to spend on food. 
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #5161 on: April 02, 2016, 03:01:14 PM »
Oooh... I understand now. That's rough, perhaps you should try your best to ration it out in order to make it last. Unfortunately.... unhealthy food is less expensive than fruits and stuff. It's very wrong.
Oh woof

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5162 on: April 02, 2016, 03:06:13 PM »
Yeah, that's something else that irritates me. Grossly unhealthy food and canned bullshit is cheaper than fresh produce. Fortunately if I shop around enough I can find at least half decent prices on stuff like canned peaches, carrots, and potatoes.

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5163 on: April 02, 2016, 03:41:17 PM »
Yeah, that's something else that irritates me. Grossly unhealthy food and canned bullshit is cheaper than fresh produce. Fortunately if I shop around enough I can find at least half decent prices on stuff like canned peaches, carrots, and potatoes.
Canned food isn't always bad, though and that all sounds good never tried peaches though but carrots and potatoes.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5164 on: April 02, 2016, 04:28:47 PM »
Peaches are delicious.

On Topic: I always hunch my back, it's a really bad habit and it's starting to affect my spine.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:30:56 PM by Cecilia Jacobs »
Oh woof

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5165 on: April 02, 2016, 04:37:28 PM »
My yellow pages app told me the bank was open today. It didn't specify it was drive through only day. I walked all that way in the blistering cold for nothing.

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5166 on: April 02, 2016, 04:44:41 PM »
That is a rip... next time use google if you can
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5167 on: April 02, 2016, 05:35:08 PM »
I think it's kinda sad to see so many people are leaving the forum without a word. I've also seen several times the forum would not b the same without them, but after they're gone without a word I don't see anyone saying that they're missing them until they come back... if they come back in the first place... Okay, now I have to admit I have a habit of staying away for weeks without notice sometimes, but never permanently. The amount of people leaving TFF also seems to have grown as well, and I wonder why.

Not only that, but there are several new people who register here, write their introduction topic and then simply disappear within two days. What is the point of creating an account and writing an introduction post if you're not going to use it anyways?
Ya know we had that last issue at the forum I was before that, it's sad to see people go, I feel  this place is great for talking to other furs.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #5168 on: April 02, 2016, 06:46:07 PM »
I think it's kinda sad to see so many people are leaving the forum without a word. I've also seen several times the forum would not b the same without them, but after they're gone without a word I don't see anyone saying that they're missing them until they come back... if they come back in the first place... Okay, now I have to admit I have a habit of staying away for weeks without notice sometimes, but never permanently. The amount of people leaving TFF also seems to have grown as well, and I wonder why.

Not only that, but there are several new people who register here, write their introduction topic and then simply disappear within two days. What is the point of creating an account and writing an introduction post if you're not going to use it anyways?
Ya know we had that last issue at the forum I was before that, it's sad to see people go, I feel  this place is great for talking to other furs.
It used to be really good for meeting new people and generally finding a friendly environment, but as I complained about before, we've been getting a lot of the problems that seem to follow this fandom. (Furaffinity in particular is a good example of what I'm talking about)

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolx
  • Coloring: Blue/white
  • Height: 5 foot something
  • Weight: Don't be so judgemental!
  • Build: Average, anthro
  • Currently: well then
« Reply #5169 on: April 02, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »

Especially when they iniciate a conversation through pm, then disappear
Is it a wolf? Is it a fox? No, it's Wolx!

Tell a man there are 300,000,000 stars in the universe, he'll believe you. Tell a man the benches paint is wet, he'd have to touch it to be sure

[img width

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5170 on: April 02, 2016, 07:29:18 PM »
.....What problems?
Oh woof

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #5171 on: April 02, 2016, 10:03:33 PM »
It's normal for people to lose interest in the forum and for new members to take their place. It's nothing new with online communities in general. I used to go on a Pokemon forum ten years back (oh wow, that's a long time ago), and all the other active members I was familiar with left and were replaced by a whole new lot. I ended up losing interest in it too, so I left as well. On TFF, I've had friends come and go throughout my time here. This is just another wave in the cycle.
Forum activity is a lot like in offline reality; people find new interests, or various events stray them toward another path, and they move on to newer pastures.

OT: I clearly haven't given up my love of Pepsi. I used to joke about being obsessed with it in my early days here.
Unfortunately, I need to part with it until I get my weight under control. I got one 2 liter to finish, and then it's time to attempt a healthier lifestyle.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 10:05:33 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5172 on: April 03, 2016, 12:54:37 AM »
I stopped drinking pop about 5 maybe more years ago.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #5173 on: April 03, 2016, 01:55:48 AM »
So I'm pretty sure I messed up my right foot somehow. Friday it was killing me like mad, and moving/standing a certain way was making my toes fall asleep. Today it's been on and off in terms of the pain.

From the outside, it almost looks like it's starting to turn into what my left foot is right now. And of course if I go to the doctors, they're gonna push more for the surgery that is gonna be expensive and take a lot of time off of my work, which I can't afford for myself or the department x.x

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5174 on: April 03, 2016, 03:24:05 AM »
You can't sacrifice your health Nrien. If the doctor's say you need the surgery then you probably do. Don't put it off or it could get even worse.
Oh woof