The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171307 times)

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5115 on: March 31, 2016, 07:36:21 PM »
Do you have a Mircowave Alistair?

Unfortunately, no. That and I don't think hamburger meat would be a good thing to microwave  :?
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 10 Most Online
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #5116 on: March 31, 2016, 08:23:37 PM »

Unfortunately, no. That and I don't think hamburger meat would be a good thing to microwave  :?

eh i wouldnt even tho microwaves work by making the water boil in food (never put a cup in otherwise it will explode) it would take far to long and not look that nice
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5117 on: March 31, 2016, 08:27:07 PM »

eh i wouldnt even tho microwaves work by making the water boil in food (never put a cup in otherwise it will explode) it would take far to long and not look that nice

Thanks, Saph! But we got it figured out and just baked it in the oven, tasted great.

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5118 on: March 31, 2016, 08:29:26 PM »
Oops wrong kitty. oh well XD

Actually if you have a cassarole dish or a big bowl you cna brown ground beef in the microwave.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5119 on: March 31, 2016, 08:40:46 PM »

No, you can put a cup of water in the microwave. It just heats it quickly. I use the microwave to heat water for tea all the time.

Also, it actually takes a shorter amount of time to cook in the microwave generally, but it doesn't brown well.

OT: I am STILL not working out. X_x;;

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5120 on: March 31, 2016, 08:42:33 PM »
It actually browns well if you add a little liquid. I've done it myself with just ground beef juice and it browned it all  then again i used the ground beef button on my microwave.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5121 on: March 31, 2016, 08:54:20 PM »
Ah, I never tried it with ground beef. But microwaves don't brown cakes and whatnot well, so they tend to still appear undercooked.

I should walk away from the computer now before I get more distracted. :P

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5122 on: March 31, 2016, 09:00:40 PM »
If you microwave water then use that water to water a plant the plant will die
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5123 on: March 31, 2016, 09:26:08 PM »
actually no

http://www.snopes.com/science/microwave/plants.asp

Microwaves heat up water by making it vibrate. matter in a more active state gives off heat as a by product from the excited molecules, or vibrating molecules  Microwaving is just another way to heat up food, it's really no diffrent than an Oven it's just 'how' the heat is created that is different.

If microwaves would kill someone then they wouldn't be using this.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmuyLIrSjxI
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:33:45 PM by Ambre »

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #5124 on: March 31, 2016, 09:32:06 PM »
Dear Fume Knight from Dark Souls 2.

Why do you do some much damage!? You are a great boss. I love you, but you do all my health in one hit. It's ridiculous! Fume Knight, please. Calm down with the damage a little bit. Be like the Ivory King. He does a fair amount of damage. You do the equivalent of two atomic bombs. So Fume Knight, stay cool. But please tone down the damage, thanks.

Sighed MetalGearStowe

P.S F*** YOU BLUE SMELTER DEMON! 

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5125 on: March 31, 2016, 09:34:58 PM »
*aims  ADS AT MetalGearStowe* It's safe I promise. unless your a vampire or something that's oddly destroyed by these types of microwaves.

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5126 on: March 31, 2016, 09:40:47 PM »
Starting to worry slightly, the ankle I broke back in October has been giving me pain for about three months now and I'm neglecting getting an appointment to get it checked on.

Sir Sabering the first

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5127 on: March 31, 2016, 09:41:48 PM »
actually no

Microwaves heat up water by making it vibrate. matter in a more active state gives off heat as a by product from the excited molecules, or vibrating molecules  Microwaving is just another way to heat up food, it's really no diffrent than an Oven it's just 'how' the heat is created that is different.

If microwaves would kill someone then they wouldn't be using this.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmuyLIrSjxI

But that confirms exactly what I said microwave water with kill a plant. I know ive tried it before
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5128 on: March 31, 2016, 09:48:27 PM »
actually no

But that confirms exactly what I said microwave water with kill a plant. I know ive tried it before
did you read the whole thing Kalen? it goes on to explain that it's not the microwaved water.

Offline MarciCoyote

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Coyote
  • Coloring: Brown, tan, gray
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Build: Strong and slim, very feminine.
  • Currently: Tired.
« Reply #5129 on: March 31, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »
I hate how I remember how I've been told I'm failure, much more than being told that I'm a hero.
All my life I've been told that I would never amount to anything because I started with nothing. Even after all of the shit I go through and went through to get to where I am today, I'm still told that I will never make an impact.
I'm just an EMT, just another person with a shitty past. I'm not special, I'm not different, I'm just emotional and an idiot for thinking I could actually do something important.